"Best Practice of the Year" Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best Practice of the Year" Today

OK, losing to Michigan sucked royally. Personally, I thought we'd lose to MSU this week to run our record to 2-1, so a big win over MSU would get us to the record I thought we'd be at anyway. Apparently, the players have put the loss behind them. Check out these 4 tweets that were just emailed to me:

dcrist10: Gotta practice everyday like we did today!
    jgoodman81:
    granted, we lost... But u gota love wen the best practice of the year is right after the loss. We're in it ta win it. Aint no heads down yo
    MGolicJR57:
    Now that was an intense Tuesday
    krudy9:
    Great practice, that's how we get back on track.
    Granted, we've heard all of this before, but we have Brian Kelly and a staff that won't let them off the hook. We can only hope this practice leads to other great ones and a big victory for the Irish on the road Saturday night!
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

I like this very much.

Comment

speaking of goodman...

I bet he'll get some real PT this week.
      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

They're gonna lose!! 1-11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
          They're gonna lose!! 1-11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
          HAHAHA! Stillwell Angel!

Comment

I probably shouldnt admit this but that video reminded me.

So at work this kid, probably 8 or 9, kept running up and down the building yelling. Running into the managers office, during meetings, turning off the lights and throwing stuff. Parents didnt do a thing about it

So i saw him headed my way and stuck my arm out to stretch. He just happened to run into it and fell down crying.

I felt a lil bad but he stopped

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with that

Comment

Reps to Jason!

Comment

Thats what I like to hear! Feel sorry for whats gonna happen to Mich St. on saturday..... okay maybe I dont feel sorry Go Irish!

Comment

Thanks for that info ND in LA. It got me fired up for Saturday. My fanhood is increasing by the hour......
                    Life is one, big Over/Under.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                      OK, losing to Michigan sucked royally. Personally, I thought we'd lose to MSU this week to run our record to 2-1, so a big win over MSU would get us to the record I thought we'd be at anyway. Apparently, the players have put the loss behind them. Check out these 4 tweets that were just emailed to me:

jgoodman81:

MGolicJR57:

krudy9:

Granted, we've heard all of this before, but we have Brian Kelly and a staff that won't let them off the hook. We can only hope this practice leads to other great ones and a big victory for the Irish on the road Saturday night!
                      Clearly practice intensity is never a bad thing, but what I would prefer out of this week of practice would be Crist and the WR's to get on the same page re: timing. There were many instances in the second half where there were obvious holes in the defense and clearly there was miscommunnication.

Comment

let's go IRISH!!!!! i love hearing this stuff....intensity w/intelligence boys, that's what's going to get it done.
                        --cheers,
                        tank

Comment

Damn, is it Saturday yet?? All this is getting me pumped to tear some heads off this weekend. :)

While we're at it, here's a video my wife and I made of highlights from the Purdue game; get's me pumped up, maybe do the same for you!

ND/Purdue

I probably shouldnt admit this but that video reminded me.

So at work this kid, probably 8 or 9, kept running up and down the building yelling. Running into the managers office, during meetings, turning off the lights and throwing stuff. Parents didnt do a thing about it

So i saw him headed my way and stuck my arm out to stretch. He just happened to run into it and fell down crying.

I felt a lil bad but he stopped
                          And I see nothing wrong with sretching; not your fault some little hellion was running around. :)

Alex

Comment

Holy crap.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ran across the street and punched my neighbor I'm so psyched.

Seriously.

He's calling the police.

Call my wife..................

Comment

Yes, sir. A big win in Lansing will make me feel so good!!!
                              Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

Holy crap.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

He's calling the police.

Now now Jughed, we use our words not our fists. Ah the hell with it, I'm gonna go punch my neighbor too! :)

Alex

Comment

This is encouraging. I remember the mood of the team in the BC game last year after the loss to USC. There was no life, no spirit, thought the season was already lost, no urgency.

Soo bottom line...I like this.
                                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

This is a good thing right before going out on your first road trip. Get pumped up and have that "us against the world" mentality that you can only get playing in a hostile environment.

This team will come together even more after getting out on the road for an away game.
                                    “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Houstonian View Post
                                      Clearly practice intensity is never a bad thing, but what I would prefer out of this week of practice would be Crist and the WR's to get on the same page re: timing. There were many instances in the second half where there were obvious holes in the defense and clearly there was miscommunnication.
                                      I think the issue between the QB and WR's are more on Crist than the WR's. I see Crist jittery in the pocket, I see the game going really fast for Crist. When a QB is in a hurry (from pressure or not) his decision making is going to suffer. I really think Crist checks off to Rudy and other 'check-offs' rather than waiting in the pocket for the WR route to develop. The catch 22 here is that Rudy is an AWESOME target, which makes it really easy to check off to him, but it doesnt help the offensive flow if you are not completing passes to the WR's.

WR's dropping passes, and fumbling isnt on Crist, but the amount of passes 'thrown to' receivers is on Crist.
                                      YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                      Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

Originally posted by JughedJones View Post
                                        Holy crap.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

He's calling the police.

I love it when you do that...

makes me feel better...hit 'em again
                                        One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by JughedJones View Post
                                          Holy crap.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

He's calling the police.

Ughhh

Ok here's another one.

My mom was outside gardening last year and the neigbor came by and talked to her
                                          She then started asking my mom if everything is fine, is she ok, are there any problems, finally my mom asked why is she acting so strange?

The lady said that every week she hears a man screaming F---, TAKE THAT B--CH, MOTHERF---ER etc etc

My mom laughed and said no its ok, thats just my son watching Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                            Ughhh

Ok here's another one.

My mom was outside gardening last year and the neigbor came by and talked to her
                                            She then started asking my mom if everything is fine, is she ok, are there any problems, finally my mom asked why is she acting so strange?

The lady said that every week she hears a man screaming F---, TAKE THAT B--CH, MOTHERF---ER etc etc

My mom is a saint of a woman. Never drinks, never swears, goes to church every Sunday, taught CCD and is just an all around great woman. We were watching the SC/ND game back around '89 or '90 - SC had Marinovich in at QB (now I had played HS b-ball against Todd and so he and I had a bit of a history on the court, but that is a different story). The Irish weren't doing so great at the time and my mom, severely upset at the game at this point, stood up like she had something profound to say, looked around, and blurted out, "F**K!!!"

One of the most hilarious moments of my life. One of only two or three times I have EVER heard my mom swear.
                                            “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                              Ughhh

Ok here's another one.

Thats hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude wow..I think we can all, to some extant, relate to that!! Lmao thats funny!! :D
                                              ty for sharing!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X