ND-USC Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND-USC Predictions

Is the Irish offense to much for the USC defense to handle? Will the USC running backs go wild breaking tackles? Does Golden pull a Zibby on punt returns? Are you drinking Green Kool Aid this week?

So what is you prediction for Saturday?
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Notre Dame 28
    USC 17

Comment

I have no doubts about the ND offense. If ND can get the running game going, then Jimmy will carve them up. But don't expect another last minute miracle if ND is in that situation against USC.

The defense is another story. Are they going to rally around that huge 8 play goal line stand, or will they be the defense that continually loses its jockstrap to any fake in the book?

I think Jimmy has a big day, solidifies his hold on the Heisman and ND wins 27-14.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
        I have no doubts about the ND offense. If ND can get the running game going, then Jimmy will carve them up. But don't expect another last minute miracle if ND is in that situation against USC.

The defense is another story. Are they going to rally around that huge 8 play goal line stand, or will they be the defense that continually loses its jockstrap to any fake in the book?

I think Jimmy has a big day, solidifies his hold on the Heisman and ND wins 27-14.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol i'm stunned.

Comment

34-23. 3rd and 2 on our own 30 with 2 mins left and Armando breaks out a 70 yarder to seal it (not sure exactly how he will outrun taylor mays but ya)

Comment

Not any good at score predictions but I do think the IRISH win this one.

Comment

ND - 30
              USC - 24

Defense makes a huge play to secure the win.

GO IRISH!
              GO Irish!

Comment

USC 42
                ND 28

Comment

Hate to say it, but our D sucks. Hope that I'm wrong, but I say 37 - 31 USC. They win it in the end, just like 05 with a broken tackle for a long TD run this time. Please step up D and prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFLA View Post
                    Hate to say it, but our D sucks. Hope that I'm wrong, but I say 37 - 31 USC. They win it in the end, just like 05 with a broken tackle for a long TD run this time. Please step up D and prove me wrong.
                    I couldn't agree more. This ND offense has saved the defense three weeks in a row. Defense cannot rely on the offense to go 80 yards down the field with 45 seconds left and score on this USC defense. They are ranked 5th in the nation for a reason. Their front four can stop the run WITHOUT a blitz and secondary is solid. They also rotate in a lot of guys on the D line, so they aren't going to get tired often.

The more time the ND offense eats up with long drives and running clock the better. If ND's defense can't stop the run they dont' stand a chance. USC's o line is one of the best in the nation, joe mcknight is capable of anything, and USC gets their best TE and WR back for this game.

ND has to play mistake free in all 3 phases of the game and hope for a few barkley mistakes. On paper this doesn't look pretty, but anything is possible in South Bend.

God I hate USC...beat the hell out of em
                    The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

ND 38 USC 24 Clausen Carves up USC secondary, USC has little success colapsing the pocket. ND Defence awakens and comes up big with a couple of int's thrown by an inexperienced USC QB. WE hold on to win .........

Im more afraid of the ND Boston College game then this one.

You gotta believe gentleman !!!

KEEP THE FAITH !!!

GO IRISH !!!
                      KEEP THE FAITH !!!
                      GO !!! IRISH !!! GO !!!

Comment

This is going to be one long f'n week
                        "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

No.
                          Probably. (running wild, yes; breaking tackles, not sure)
                          No.
                          Always.

ND by 4, Clausen drives the offense for a game winning drive.

Basically, the same as the '05 game, except no 4th and 9 this time.
                          YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                          Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

If Phork is calling for a win, we have to win!

28-13 ND wins!!!

Comment

34-30 ND wins

Comment

I think our defense comes out and has the game of the year. I have a feeling they will play good defense and get some turnovers.

On the other hand... I think our offense is going to struggle a little bit.

In the end I think we pull it out and win!

NotreDame - 24 - 17
                                "No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."
                                ND for life..

Comment

Originally posted by AZ_Irish View Post
                                  I think our defense comes out and has the game of the year. I have a feeling they will play good defense and get some turnovers.

NotreDame - 24 - 17
                                  I agree with the your assessment of the ND D and the offense. But, I think SC prevails 24-21.

Comment

I predict that the offense will start out strong. Halftime will be either tied or within 3. 3rd quarter both offenses sputter, and the 4th is gonna be a shoot out. ND wins 34-28.

Here Come the Irisih!!!

Comment

D steps it up, O is fine where it's at. I see either a) a long punt/kick return or b) a long interception, possible a pick 6.

USC 24 ND 34
                                      Brian "Green" Kelly - My MAN

Comment

I think we'll have to put 30 on them -
                                        discounting the San Jose game they put up about 23 ppg - discounting the Nevada game we put up 33 ppg
                                        Common sense says: Because of their defense - they keep us 6 less than our avg (by 2 FGs) and because of our defense we allow them a TD over their avg - we get 27 - 30 in favor of USC.
                                        However, not so fast my friend, in reality I expect Manti steps up on the run, KPL plays great as well as Neal. This allows the CBs and Kyle and Harrison to get in the flow , getting screens as well as play up and cut off the slants- so we keep them below above expectations and we see 27 - 27, then with the luck of the Irish and intangibles (we're due) 30 - 27 in favor of the Irish. And I did all that straight and sober - and yes on another thread - so you may still be straight and sober.

Comment

I am going to predict a long distance field goal to win the game for ND. SC tries to mount a final drive, but defense picks off Barkley to seal the victory.
                                          “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

We win by 1, Notre Dame 25 - SC 24.
                                            "Notre Dame is College Football"

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                              34-23. 3rd and 2 on our own 30 with 2 mins left and Armando breaks out a 70 yarder to seal it (not sure exactly how he will outrun taylor mays but ya)
                                              Mays is burned on a devastating cut by Golden Tate on a long touchdown catch, breaking his ankle and effectively rendering him useless. Thus, he is not on the field when Allen breaks the long run.

Originally posted by Swash View Post
                                              D steps it up, O is fine where it's at. I see either a) a long punt/kick return or b) a long interception, possible a pick 6.

USC 24 ND 34
                                              I also see a big special teams play and/or a long pick.

Early on, Joe McKnight will fumble and Matt Barkley will throw an interception. Notre Dame enters halftime with a 17-7 lead.

USC comes out strong in the second half and scores a touchdown. Notre Dame adds a field goal, but USC strikes again to take the lead. Down 21-20, Jimmy Clausen leads the Irish offense down the field in a long, time consuming drive that takes about half of the quarter. Robert Hughes pounds it in and the Irish miss a two point conversion attempt. Down 26-21, USC has a huge play on the initial play of their next drive, bogs down in the red zone and kicks a field goal with about 4 minutes left. Now 26-24, the Irish pound the ball to about the fifty. Armando Allen breaks open a huge run for a touchdown, giving the Irish a 33-24 lead with a little over a minute left. Barkley is intercepted again trying to achieve a miracle.

ND 33, USC 24

Comment

Originally posted by jfjkd01 View Post
                                                We win by 1, Notre Dame 25 - SC 24.
                                                Are you expecting a few safeties, or a missed field goal and a safety?

Comment

Maybe Notre Dame will be down 24-17. Notre Dame scores and goes for 2.

Comment

If the defense can show the heart that they showed on those goal line stands against Washington, and the crowd can get in Barkley's head, I see an Irish win. If the defense does not show up, no matter how well Jimmy and the offense play, we will be playing catch-up all game.

If the game goes into the 4th quarter as a one score game either way, ND will win.

Catholics over Contraceptives 34-31

Comment

We are down 24-17 late in the 4th quarter.The game comes down to the last 30-45 seconds, instead of tying and going into overtime, ND converts a 2 point conversion winning the game. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened.........FYI in the 1999 SC game we won 25-21, I wouldn't be surprise if this is the score for 2009 game.....

Touchdown/extra point, Touchdown/extra point, Field Goal, Touchdown/2-Point Conversion
                                                      "Notre Dame is College Football"

Comment

Ahh, forgot about 2 pt. conversions. My Bad ... now I feel dumb. I spent about 3 minuets trying to go through all scenarios to reach 25, just not that scenario.

Comment

Ahh, forgot about 2 pt. conversions. My Bad ... now I feel dumb. I spent about 3 minuets trying to go through all scenarios to reach 25, just not that scenario.
                                                          How about 3 TDs without an extra point, and 1 TD with. 25 points. I'd really love it if it was 9 safeties and a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                            How about 3 TDs without an extra point, and 1 TD with. 25 points. I'd really love it if it was 9 safeties and a TD.
                                                            Blasphemy. Nick Tausch would never miss three extra points.

Comment

I've seen predictions of as much as 38 points and as low as 24 pts getting the win. I think we can all agree ND can put up points and should be able to against USC. How many no one can be sure. We all seem to think it's more than 24. (I agree)

So... I ask....

Realistically, what are the odds that ND holds USC under 24 points? - We would all like to see less, of course. Is this the line.. USC scores more than 24 we lose.. they score less than 24 we win? Love to hear what you guys/gals have to say.
                                                              GO Irish!

Comment

USC is a 10 point favourite. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ_Irish View Post

NotreDame - 24 - 17
                                                                  We're playing the Condoms. You said pull it out. Hee-hee.
                                                                  "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

Oh yeah, D plays game of their lives. 35-20 Irish.
                                                                    "I do believe there's a Squatch in these woods."

Comment

We will wear out the condoms.

ND 34 USC 28.

I actually changed my prediction for the first time in a while. I originally said 34-31 I think

Comment

Sorry guys, but I have to keep it real.

First of all, I hope to hell that you guys are right, and I am way off. I hope the other WRs can step up and give Jimmy a viable option after they bracket Tate and Rudolph. I hope our defense can get off the field so our offense can play ball. I hope we can run the ball somewhat against the best front we'll see all year.

I think ND can win, which the last 2 years I knew they were going to get blown out. But I've said all year that USC has a better O-Line and D-Line, and that's where games are won. All Barkley has to do is turn and hand off, and then dump those little play action passes off, and SC will win, because our defense won't be able to get off the field, and they'll wear down. Our offense can move the ball, but this defense is so freaking fast and strong. And we won't have the ball long enough.

My prediction is 28-17 USC, with USC running out the clock, keeping the ball away from Jimmy and scoring a TD with under a minute left.

But you guys all bring up great points, and what you are saying is definitely possible. I hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

Let's go ND!!!!!!!
                                                                        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I can't wait for Mark May's prediction...

Comment

Exactly why I ruled that one out ;)
                                                                            Aside from Shaq, Tausch is my favorite frosh.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              i'm going out on a limb here.....i'm predicting a game where we just have it, and we take advantage of it on ST's, along with having a shorter field to play with.

nd wins, 27-17. our defense will step it up and shut mcknight down.

i'm sotally tober to boot.
                                                                              --cheers,
                                                                              tank

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by tankjeep View Post
                                                                                our defense will step it up and shut mcknight down.

i'm sotally tober to boot.
                                                                                Maybe you should start drinking.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  We slow down the run by putting 8 in the box, but the return of Ronald Johnson is the difference. Barkley throws 3 TD's and the Trojans win 34-20.

Im hoping for 27-24 Irish. i just cant see it though...
                                                                                  Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    38-34 IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck S.C....sometimes you just gotta believe and this is the year.
                                                                                    My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      We aren't going to score over 25. Maybe not that much, unless this game turns into a shoot out. However, that doesn't mean we won't win. This will be the best D we have faced all year, so I expect the score to be lower, but I like the way CW has turned to using Golden like Holtz did with The Rocket. It will be difficult for them to get double coverage on him all the time. If our D plays between the 20's like they do when they are backed up against the goal line, I like our chances.

ND 20 SC 17

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                                                                                        Maybe you should start drinking.
                                                                                        easy there......i'm not getting ducking frunk til the time comes.
                                                                                        --cheers,
                                                                                        tank

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Hell, I'm in .... Irish win 59-13 (9 turnovers by U$C). Jimmy passes for 499 yds. w/ 7 TD's!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                            Sorry guys, but I have to keep it real.

First of all, I hope to hell that you guys are right, and I am way off. I hope the other WRs can step up and give Jimmy a viable option after they bracket Tate and Rudolph. I hope our defense can get off the field so our offense can play ball. I hope we can run the ball somewhat against the best front we'll see all year.

I think ND can win, which the last 2 years I knew they were going to get blown out. But I've said all year that USC has a better O-Line and D-Line, and that's where games are won. All Barkley has to do is turn and hand off, and then dump those little play action passes off, and SC will win, because our defense won't be able to get off the field, and they'll wear down. Our offense can move the ball, but this defense is so freaking fast and strong. And we won't have the ball long enough.

My prediction is 28-17 USC, with USC running out the clock, keeping the ball away from Jimmy and scoring a TD with under a minute left.

But you guys all bring up great points, and what you are saying is definitely possible. I hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

Let's go ND!!!!!!!

Closet Trojans Fan!!!!!!!
                                                                                            "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                              This will be the best D we have faced all year

ND 20 SC 17
                                                                                              What's not being talked about enough is that ND is, by far, the best offense USC will have faced all year too. They have a good defense, no doubt, but stopping ND is not going to be any walk in the park for them. I use UW as the benchmark for this game. Both teams came down to the wire with them. Since ND has learned to win the close one, I'm going with ND 24-17.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                31-28 ND another nail biter. no rest until the washington state game. probably no rest for the season, but i'll take close wins over close losses any day! GO IRISH!!!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
                                                                                                  Closet Trojans Fan!!!!!!!
                                                                                                  hahahahaha. Nice.

But seriously, let me make this clear, I HATE THE TROJANS!!! For those that don't know, I work across the street from USC. My students are almost all USC fans (can't blame them). One student of mine's mother works in the A.D.'s office (so I hear a lot of off-the-record stuff about the team). The flag football team I coach at the school are all USC fans. I'm surrounded by these damn people.

However, I fight the good fight. I've converted a few of my students, simply because i tell them if ND wins I'm in a good mood when I'm grading their papers, and when they lose I'm in a bad mood, and it effects their grades. So I've got some students (only a few, but still) watching ND football on NBC and rooting for the Irish. I'm wearing ND gear every day this week in honor of SC week. I'm playing the ND fight song every day this week. Whenever we score a TD in practice, I yell "Touchdowwwwwwwnnnnn...Irish!" and if the kids sing the SC fight song or do the stupid fight on sign, it's automatic push-ups or laps. So believe me....I friggin hate SC.

But facts are facts. Their team is loaded on the lines, and are well-caoched. And they NEVER take this game lightly, as they do one or 2 Pac-10 opponents each year. Thus the prediction.

BUT, I think we CAN win, and believe me, as game day creeps closer and closer, I'm believing more and more in a ND victory. Like I said, hope you guys are right!!!
                                                                                                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 10-13-2009, 09:47 AM.
                                                                                                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                                    hahahahaha. Nice.

LBut seriously, let me make this clear, I HATE THE TROJANS!!! For those that don't know, I work across the street from USC. My students are almost all USC fans (can't blame them). One student of mine's mother works in the A.D.'s office (so I hear a lot of off-the-record stuff about the team). The flag football team I coach at the school are all USC fans. I'm surrounded by these damn people.

However, I fight the good fight. I've converted a few of my students, simply because i tell them if ND wins I'm in a good mood when I'm grading their papers, and when they lose I'm in a bad mood, and it effects their grades. So I've got some students (only a few, but still) watching ND football on NBC and rooting for the Irish. I'm wearing ND gear every day this week in honor of SC week. I'm playing the ND fight song every day this week. Whenever we score a TD in practice, I yell "Touchdowwwwwwwnnnnn...Irish!" and if the kids sing the SC fight song or do the stupid fight on sign, it's automatic push-ups or laps. So believe me....I friggin hate SC.

But facts are facts. Their team is loaded on the lines, and are well-caoched. And they NEVER take this game lightly, as they do one or 2 Pac-10 opponents each year. Thus the prediction.

BUT, I think we CAN win, and believe me, as game day creeps closer and closer, I'm believing more and more in a ND victory. Like I said, hope you guys are right!!!
                                                                                                    we are here know where you are coming from and respect the heck out of ya.....so no worries mate, the irish will prevail and you'll get to rub in those usc kids faces.
                                                                                                    --cheers,
                                                                                                    tank

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X