"Clausen looks better on tape then Tebow"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Clausen looks better on tape then Tebow"

HONOLULU ? University of Hawaii linebacker Adam Leonard calls Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen the best quarterback he has seen on film this season.

Considering who the Warriors tussled with in early September, compliments don't get any bigger than that.

Hawaii opened its season with a game at Florida, quarterbacked by defending Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow. The junior recently finished third in this year's voting, but received more first-place votes than winner Sam Bradford of Oklahoma.

South Bend Tribune: QBs heading in different directions
    USC

Newflash:

"Woah... shit was I high during that interview." noted Adam Leonard, University of Hawaii linebacker. "It was like... I was controlling him, rolling out and throwing and stuff. Just... woah." Sources report that Leonard was possibly playing NCAA '09.
    Last edited by WabashFalcon; 12-28-2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I honestly think Clausen would look better on tape. He has better mechanics than Tebow. He more than likely throws a better ball and is more accurate. Those are the things that show up on tape.

Tebow is a much better athlete than Clausen, his will to win is second to none. Those are the type of things that show up on the field on gameday.

Those are the differences between the two QB's. Tebow's mechanics are terrible, but the guy just finds a way to make plays
      "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
        I honestly think Clausen would look better on tape. He has better mechanics than Tebow. He more than likely throws a better ball and is more accurate. Those are the things that show up on tape.

Tebow is a much better athlete than Clausen, his will to win is second to none. Those are the type of things that show up on the field on gameday.

Those are the differences between the two QB's. Tebow's mechanics are terrible, but the guy just finds a way to make plays
        yeah, no offense to the hawaii linebacker but that is just stupid. saying tebow is a lesser quarterback than clausen is absurd.

Comment

Remember we are part of the famiy of a good Catlick University. Recreational drugs have no legitimate place in our lives. Putting Clausen in the category of a Tebow can only be advanced under the influence of substances that are illegal and monstrously mind-altering....or was this just intended to be a joke?

Comment

Damm wonder if that player would pass a drug test. He is definitely hallucinating!
            The next thing he will say is CW is a better motivator than Urban!

Comment

Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post

Athlete vs. ego. One wins, and one wants to.

Good post. (But Jimmy a good athlete. He just needs help.)

Comment

lol you guys really take things out of context. he said he looks better on film. he never said clausen was better than tebow. tebow's film probably doesn't look as good because his mechanics suck when he throws. there's a reason why he's projected to be a tight end in the pro's. i'm not saying clausen is better than tebow, either. but for you guys to say the kid is on drugs is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  lol you guys really take things out of context. he said he looks better on film. he never said clausen was better than tebow. tebow's film probably doesn't look as good because his mechanics suck when he throws. there's a reason why he's projected to be a tight end in the pro's. i'm not saying clausen is better than tebow, either. but for you guys to say the kid is on drugs is stupid.
                  Agreed bro. I think JC is a very good QB mechanically but he still lacks the proper decision making. CW's O is not an easy one to absorb. It depends a lot on the QB's making checks and reading the D's...something JC has shown flashes of but obviously not lately...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I like how you did that. First, you chide everyone for taking comments out of context, then you turn around 6 sentences later and do the same thing. Bravo.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockOnHelmet View Post
                      I like how you did that. First, you chide everyone for taking comments out of context, then you turn around 6 sentences later and do the same thing. Bravo.
                      yes. because i REALLY think everyone that posted believes he's on drugs.
                      Last edited by Steve; 12-23-2008, 07:27 PM. Reason: no name calling for me

Comment

i don't really care what someone else thinks about clausen. it's all about how he performs come game day. now that he's gaining more confidence and with our schedule next year, he has the opportunity to put up some big numbers next year.

go irish!! let's move past hawi'i, great win, but it's over and done with.

bring on nevada
                        --cheers,
                        tank

Comment

Against a Hawaii team that travelled to Florida for the first game and lost 3 of its initial 4 games, Tebow's QB rating was 170.1.

Against a Hawaii team that won 3 of its last 4 (losing only to Big East champ Cincy by 5), Clausen's QB rating was 277.63.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                            Against a Hawaii team that travelled to Florida for the first game and lost 3 of its initial 4 games, Tebow's QB rating was 170.1.

Against a Hawaii team that won 3 of its last 4 (losing only to Big East champ Cincy by 5), Clausen's QB rating was 277.63.
                            I think clausen is fine but saying he is a better player than tebow is one hell of a reach based on one single game against one common opponent.

Comment

Right now Tebow is better but he will not be an NFL QB. I think he may get a little better but thats about it... I like the guy a lot but once he starts getting hit he'll have to become a drop back passer. It will be really tough for him to be a dual-threat QB without having 4.3 speed.

Clausen has a lot more upside though!
                              Last edited by AZ_Irish; 12-28-2008, 12:23 PM.
                              "No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."
                              ND for life..

Comment

Originally posted by AZ_Irish View Post
                                Clausen has a lot more upside though...!
                                Dude.

Comment

If I've said it once I have said it a thousend time Tim Tebow is a product of the system.(a credit to urban). Look at Alex Smith total bust. So will Tebow. He is not that good at the pos. and Jimmy is better at QB than tebow. I do think that tebow is a competitor and a winner, and with the game on the line him under center is better than Clausen right now.

That being said you all sit back and put up your feet because Jimmy Clausen is here. That was the real Jimmy. He had time and put every pass in the exact location it needed to be. You can't over hype that. He was pin point. We are getting a new O cord. and that could make a huge difference.

If we don't fix the line Jimmy will never be able to shine in full.....................
                                  The difference between a successful person and the others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.-Vince Lombardi

Comment

Jimmy looked awesome in the Bowl game, maybe it's all coming together now........
                                    "Notre Dame is College Football"

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                                      I think clausen is fine but saying he is a better player than tebow is one hell of a reach based on one single game against one common opponent.
                                      Where did I say that?

Saying Clausen looked better on film was the start of the thread. Observing Clausen played better the Tebow against Hawaii brought it out of the film room and onto the field. It's a logical follow-up.

We've seen both throughout the season. Tebow has one Heisman in his pocket and a second place this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                        Where did I say that?

Saying Clausen looked better on film was the start of the thread. Observing Clausen played better the Tebow against Hawaii brought it out of the film room and onto the field. It's a logical follow-up.

We've seen both throughout the season. Tebow has one Heisman in his pocket and a second place this year.

also entering hawaiis season progress made it feel like a suggestion at least

Comment

I slept through the game. Woke up to see my bag of Cracker Jacks spilled all over the floor. No damn gift inside. Lost receipt so could not return.

Don't know about you folks, but I find it annoying to watch a football game listening to butch female announcer.

Comment

Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                                            I slept through the game. Woke up to see my bag of Cracker Jacks spilled all over the floor. No damn gift inside. Lost receipt so could not return.

Don't know about you folks, but I find it annoying to watch a football game listening to butch female announcer.
                                            LMAO Nice! And sorry guys, but to compare QBs against each other based on one game isnt smart. They are 2 different QBs, and the team they both played that you are trying to compare them to is......Hawaii. Lets see Jimmy play LSU, or Tebow play USC. Then we would see the truth (cough cough tebows better). Tebow is a better football player, Jimmy can throw the ball better.....sometimes.

Comment

Whoa! I don't know about all this Jimmy is better than Tebow business. Kid had 1 game that was amazing, but c'mon. Tebow is pretty good. Jimmy couldn't win 1/2 the games for us this year. Just saying.
                                              I heard it from a reliable source.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X