Don’t see one so here it goes:

Good:
    1)improved offensive line play
    2)Kyren Williams (again) we’re gonna lose him
    3)Diggs and Cbo
    4)Overall QB play
    5)Limited big plays on defense
    6)Lorenzo
    7)play calling except on the int and couple of red zone possessions 3 points on two visits.
    8)Kelly’s patience

Bad:
    1)Inconsistent pass rush
    2)poor tackling. Allowing way too much yardage after first contact. DBs Can’t get off blocks.
    3)3 man rush is ridiculous
    4)why can’t Kelly put his foot in the throat? 24-3 then 24-16.
    5)Can we please get some style points? 38-16 sounds a lot better.

we got the win but we don’t look like a playoff caliber team but why not?!

1.) beating SCum feels great

This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

The Bama D got torched at times yet again, UC struggled with Navy and OU was in the 4Q battle w Kansas. I don’t think we are a playoff contender, but tough week to watch us versus USC and the above and think we look worse

Comment

Also inconsistent pass rush - said every team to face an air raid offense ever.

Comment

Hmm tweet doesn't seem to be showing up on here, but here is the link
          https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statu...95194195808260

Last edited by calvegas04; 10-24-2021, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

That is fucking awesome lol.

We really should have worn green jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

quoted for truth.

I have watched that on a loop for at least an hour and im not terribly proud of that.

Comment

1. Kyren is a dude. He used to be a dude too. But he still is.

2. Light show! I was wondering when they were going to get into that and I’m glad it started with 100 recruits there.

3. Punch it in at the end! USC used a timeout like a play before. Give Buchner the red zone reps. Which brings me to :

4. Buchner in the red zone every time all the time please.

Comment

Get rid of the steam coming out of the tunnel.

Comment

170 yards rushing at 4 yards a pop without much Buchner. Not exactly dominant but a really solid performance from the OL.

Comment

FUSC ... That's all that's needed. Great night

Comment

Great win! It's a transitional year and Kelly has this team at 6-1.
                        I like the adjustment to a hurry up offense for Coan and the way they're getting 12 ready to roll next year.
                        Hopefully 14, 7, and 23 decide to come back for some unfinished business and they make a run next year.

Comment

I think the biggest take away for me is one sack (although Coan goes down as if it’s touch football) good time to be jelling. A lot of upcoming opponents have explosive offenses so D needs to get the pass rush going. More Foskey please and not as a safety replacement for Hamilton.

Comment

This is sad but glad that Kelly has not given into temptation and started Pyne. He does not want a QB controversy entering next season. Pyne is a quality backup at the ND level but a Book lite replacement and that will not get us to the finish line. Sure hope we get some game changing freshman in here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy3Putt View Post
                              Great win! It's a transitional year and Kelly has this team at 6-1.
                              I like the adjustment to a hurry up offense for Coan and the way they're getting 12 ready to roll next year.
                              Hopefully 14, 7, and 23 decide to come back for some unfinished business and they make a run next year.
                              While Manti Teo came back Hamilton it 100% healthy is a top 10 pick so he is gone. Some experts have Kyren in the top 5 RBs and after last nights accumulation of second efforts he sadly will be gone as well. Foskey on the other hand should be back since Freeman continues to waste him dropping back in coverage. If he was in there 4 downs rushing the passer he would be gone as well. He should be back.

Comment

Great win against SC with the offense looking much better in all phases. A few things to keep working on (as always) but looking much more complete. The defense did a good job of keeping SC to their lowest point total since 2019 and without KH for much of the game. Missed tackles are still showing up a bit too often otherwise SC would have been stifled further. Special times played well for the most part except for the missed FG and the kickoffs being somewhat shallow. It was mentioned that Doerer might be hampered somewhat which may have resulted in the depth of the kickoffs.

Comment

Always great to beat SC! Question: Anybody else notice less rotation on the d line today? It’s usually easy to see the new players but it definitely seemed like we ran the starters more today.
                                  Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                    Always great to beat SC! Question: Anybody else notice less rotation on the d line today? It’s usually easy to see the new players but it definitely seemed like we ran the starters more today.
                                    They probably got stuck rotating less because of SC’s tempo. I just looked and I expected what you did but they still got guys a decent amount of PT.

Foskey - 48, Justin A - 37, Botelho - 4
                                    Hinish - 34, Cross - 23
                                    Jayson A - 47, Mills - 26
                                    MTA - 47, NaNa - 26

Comment

The great feeling when you wake up the day after beating USC.
                                      Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

Comment

Postgame Thoughts:
                                        1) Bo Bauer does a great job pumping up the crowd after every kickoff too bad he couldn't get a pick-6. He was trucking, had a great stiff arm at the end, and happy for him that he got an interception.
                                        2) Kyren Williams' stock is going up-up-up, he will be missed next year.
                                        3) Glad to see Colzie and Styles get more PT, they are going to be damn good for ND.
                                        4) Impressive light show...finally!! They need to do that more often like other colleges do.
                                        5) 38-16 would've been better than 31-16 win; I really wanted a score on that last possession.
                                        6) Anyone think we get any of the recruits to commit to us after this game?

Go Irish!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                          Postgame Thoughts:
                                          1) Bo Bauer does a great job pumping up the crowd after every kickoff too bad he couldn't get a pick-6. He was trucking, had a great stiff arm at the end, and happy for him that he got an interception.
                                          2) Kyren Williams' stock is going up-up-up, he will be missed next year.
                                          3) Glad to see Colzie and Styles get more PT, they are going to be damn good for ND.
                                          4) Impressive light show...finally!! They need to do that more often like other colleges do.
                                          5) 38-16 would've been better than 31-16 win; I really wanted a score on that last possession.
                                          6) Anyone think we get any of the recruits to commit to us after this game?

Go Irish!!
                                          Well if that game doesn’t get some recruits nothing will. BTW I thought the TEs blocked well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

They probably got stuck rotating less because of SC’s tempo. I just looked and I expected what you did but they still got guys a decent amount of PT.

Foskey - 48, Justin A - 37, Botelho - 4
                                            Hinish - 34, Cross - 23
                                            Jayson A - 47, Mills - 26
                                            MTA - 47, NaNa - 26
                                            Looks like the staff is still hesitant to fully trust Botelho to be disciplined.

Comment

I watched the game with a USC grad. Her takeaways were

1. That tight end from Notre Dame is a specimen.
                                              2. That end (foskey) f'ed us up.
                                              3. I wanna go to a game in South Bend.

Good performance by the boys last night. Proud of them. Line is still not good but I've either come to terms with that or subconsciously think they will improve this offseason.
                                              Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
                                                I watched the game with a USC grad. Her takeaways were

1. That tight end from Notre Dame is a specimen.
                                                2. That end (foskey) f'ed us up.
                                                3. I wanna go to a game in South Bend.

Good performance by the boys last night. Proud of them. Line is still not good but I've either come to terms with that or subconsciously think they will improve this offseason.
                                                Wish the line was that bad the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

Looks like the staff is still hesitant to fully trust Botelho to be disciplined.
                                                  Which will lead to more fan speculation as to whether he will transfer

Comment

I was actually able to get NBC while camping!

KW was patient and made some really nice moves to help himself in the yardage category.

A sweet night environment game.

Diggs looks like he is going to be another good running back.

The freshman Wr’s look good as well.

The d-line set the tone early but seemed to slack off a bit. Still effective.

This defense still is getting the turn overs.

The DB’s tackling was average.

Coan was to me again very average. Austin dropped that ball in the first drive and Coan went down hill from there. He threw pick soon after. He was constantly under throwing receivers. He hampers this offense end of story.

I wish Tommy would lose the rollout plays In the play book it literally never works and the Qb throws it in the stands. Something with book when he was here.

The defensive backs played soft covers and allowed to many catches. If anybody thinks we made a home run with DC I think you are crazy. I don’t think he was a bad hire either. But he hasn’t been a wow factor.

Best news we Beat USC again! And that’s a joy in itself.

Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post

Which will lead to more fan speculation as to whether he will transfer
                                                      At this rate, Foskey will leave early and Boetelho starts next year.

Too early for this... Just enjoy it.

Comment

Really happy to see ND is finally trying to spice up the home environment for night games. Great for the team/crowd energy and I'm sure recruits love it too.

Comment

I forgot how much I enjoy watching C'Bo run.

It'll be interesting to watch him somewhere else next year where he is the #1 rb. Having said that, with Kyren gone next year, I wonder where he would be on the depth chart if he stays. Not convinced Tyree can be a workhorse.

Comment

Good win. Was over at 17-3.

Once again the IE regulars knew the problem with the OL was as much scheme as it was Quinn's incompetence, laziness and lack of resume in producing OL units and O Linemen individuals.

Would love to sit at a bar with BK, Tommy & Quinn and ask why it took until Game 6-7 for them to figure it out.

Speeding up Coan was always the answer cuz he's fearless in the pocket until he's sacked... great for last years team, no bueno for this year's first half OL unit(s)

Comment

None football things:
                                                              1.dudes vaping in the shitter….not a good look
                                                              2.we need a new Director of Band. The Band lacks originality and energy
                                                              3.the lights out started well but went no where
                                                              4.tailgating felt precovid

football things:
                                                              1.Kyren is really good and goes 100% every play. He makes those around him better
                                                              2.most of Coans passes are just a bit off. Behind, low etc. it limits YAC
                                                              3.Freeman leans into Hamilton. Without him no rush, 3 man front,
                                                              4. poor tackling
                                                              5.when USC went up tempo our D looked clueless

Comment

-Always like a win vs SC
                                                                -Seemed like passes to TEs disappeared in 2nd half; Mayer was awesome first half
                                                                -liked the freshmen WRs stepping in and up
                                                                -Kyren is a beast and makes the OL look better than they are with his patience and effort
                                                                -pisspoor tackling by DBs...unacceptable
                                                                -our kicker doesn't give me any confidence no matter where the kick is coming from...including kick offs. Maybe I'm spoiled with Texas high schoolers who routinely nail field goals and boot KOs out of end zone
                                                                -Foskey is a monster..let him rush more
                                                                -is Hamilton OK and able to play vs UNC?
                                                                -why has refereeing gotten so poor?...lots of questionable calls

Comment

Originally posted by texbender View Post
                                                                  -Always like a win vs SC
                                                                  -Seemed like passes to TEs disappeared in 2nd half; Mayer was awesome first half
                                                                  -Kyren is a beast and makes the OL look better than they are with his patience and effort
                                                                  -our kicker doesn't give me any confidence no matter where the kick is coming from...including kick offs. Maybe I'm spoiled with Texas high schoolers who routinely nail field goals and boot KOs out of end zone
                                                                  Well they were Pac 12 refs, known on the west coast for their incompetence. I did like the quick use of the mike to explain calls right away. But they call a lot of chickensh*t stuff, most of which helped us last night.

Reminds me of an incompetent refs we had in HSBB. The only thing he could actually handle was 3 second violations, so that's all he called. He could count to three.

Comment

Originally posted by texbender View Post
                                                                    -Always like a win vs SC
                                                                    Doerer routinely hit the KO's for touchbacks in prior years. He may be nursing an injury. If they'll telling him to not kick off into the end zone on purpose its going to bite us in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

Disagree until they change the green ones. The Kelly green with the navy numbers is a bad look IMO.

Comment

Shows how far the program has come that USC is in such disarray while ND feels rock solid. I spent most the game nitpicking more so than worrying about losing.

Coan better, OL better, playcalling/offensive scheme better. Credit earned for that.

However, I think it also says something that this is what our offense can produce against a bad defense. I want to give them credit for improving but the reality is this improvement is just getting back to a level that should be the floor.

Kyren deserved a game like that. He’s such a humble warrior. Need more like him.

That Buchner throw/rope, my lawd. If that is what we can get next year without the INT’s. I’ll buying all of it.

Foskey is a man on fire. I truly see no scenario where I’m zone dropping versus giving him another pass rush opportunity. In fact, I would think they’d want as many as those per game considering he’s not only creating pressures and sacks but TO’s. I just don’t get it. At this point, him playing LB and/or dropping to nowhere to cover nobody, seems silly. After FSU, Ok I’ll play along. After Cincy, it’s getting out of hand. After USC, BK/Elston please step in. If for no other reason than he’s got records to set and money to make.

I want to single out Bo Bauer. And, not just this game but the last two years really. He was a bit of a forgotten man in his class. He’s stayed healthy, worked hard, and had a great attitude. Now he’s a key part of what they do and he makes big plays doing it. These are the stories that make college football so great. They’re also the stories on why I follow recruiting and what makes it so much fun. There is a Bauer in the ‘21 class and there will be one in the ‘22 and ‘23 classes. Who are they? That’s what I’m here for.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                          I want to single out Bo Bauer. And, not just this game but the last two years really. He was a bit of a forgotten man in his class. He’s stayed healthy, worked hard, and had a great attitude.
                                                                          Dude could have a 5-8 year NFL career as a ST specialist and capable depth chart guy.

And we may find out he's more capable/athletic than we thought when he gets to the League.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Doerer routinely hit the KO's for touchbacks in prior years. He may be nursing an injury. If they'll telling him to not kick off into the end zone on purpose its going to bite us in the ass.
                                                                            I remember his commitment and posters dreaming of this kid banging every kickoff out of the end zone because of his supposed huge leg. That never materialized. 2018 and 2019 he had a touchback rate of around 45%. 2020 was way down and 2021 he's all the way back up to 42%.

Earlier this year I can recall him kicking around a 50 yard FG and the ball barely had enough distance.

Long story short, he's a far cry from the huge leg that we thought we were getting.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Agreed on the Bo Bauer comments. When he was on the field, he made plays.

We also need to give DJ Brown some love. He helped stabilize the safety position after Hamilton went down. He wasn’t perfect but he did a good job. Houston Griffith on the other hand… makes some tackles bud.
                                                                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Yeah TBH if Hamilton is healthy I'd like to see more 3 safety personnel on the field to let Hamilton do more of what he did last year
                                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

Dude could have a 5-8 year NFL career as a ST specialist and capable depth chart guy.

And we may find out he's more capable/athletic than we thought when he gets to the League.
                                                                                  Do we not think Bo will be back at ND in 2022 to become the man at Mike and also wear a C on his chest? I think he does come back to become the clear starter at Mike and become a team captain.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

Do we not think Bo will be back at ND in 2022 to become the man at Mike and also wear a C on his chest? I think he does come back to become the clear starter at Mike and become a team captain.
                                                                                    I don't think he's the clear starter next year. I love Bo but there will be a lot competition for that Mike spot. Bertrand, Bo, Simon (maybe?), incoming EE freshmen. The Will will have Kollie, Kiser, Moala, Simon and Rover will have more competition than I can remember with Liufau hopefully being completely healthy.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Oline not great, but second game in a row where they improved.

Bauer has some wheels. Love his effort.

Doerer isn’t 100%.

Wasn’t excited with the tackling.

Freeman needs to get away from the 3
                                                                                      man front when teams start cramming it down our throats.

That final drive was a perfect example of the culture of the program. USC has the momentum and just needed a stop, but the this team didn’t blink then proceeded to strangle the life out of the clock and USC.

Lucky, not picking on you, but Kyren humble? That made me laugh.

How many days since USC beat the Irish?
                                                                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 10-24-2021, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        More Styles please!

For whatever reason, he seemed to be open more than the other receivers.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Well they were Pac 12 refs, known on the west coast for their incompetence. I did like the quick use of the mike to explain calls right away. But they call a lot of chickensh*t stuff, most of which helped us last night.

Reminds me of an incompetent refs we had in HSBB. The only thing he could actually handle was 3 second violations, so that's all he called. He could count to three.
                                                                                          I did some time as ref at college level in BB, and ran sticks for high school FB here in TX. I always pay attention to the refs, and just thought they missed a lot of calls. It seems it's rampant in CFB these days....crappy refs.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

Welp, I have watched that about 100 times now. Favorite RB since Bettis, from another era. Can't wait to get back to South Bend. Damn, going to miss Kyren next year.

(props to ND's media department for pulling that off!)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                              Oline not great, but second game in a row where they improved.

Bauer has some wheels. Love his effort.

Doerer isn’t 100%.

Wasn’t excited with the tackling.

Freeman needs to get away from the 3
                                                                                              man front when teams start cramming it down our throats.

That final drive was a perfect example of the culture of the program. USC has the momentum and just needed a stop, but the this team didn’t blink then proceeded to strangle the life out of the clock and USC.

Lucky, not picking on you, but Kyren humble? That made me laugh.

How many days since USC beat the Irish?
                                                                                              He spent a large chunk of his post game interview praising the OL. I think he’s insanely competitive and humble. That’s where the term humble warrior comes from.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Get the ball into Styles hands 5-10 times a game the kid is electric.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  SC is seriously so shit, ND shouldn't have even bothered playing them in a night game, they dont deserve that platform anymore. Beating them now just feels hollow and unsatisfying
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                    Shows how far the program has come that USC is in such disarray while ND feels rock solid. I spent most the game nitpicking more so than worrying about losing.

Coan better, OL better, playcalling/offensive scheme better. Credit earned for that.

However, I think it also says something that this is what our offense can produce against a bad defense. I want to give them credit for improving but the reality is this improvement is just getting back to a level that should be the floor.

Kyren deserved a game like that. He’s such a humble warrior. Need more like him.

That Buchner throw/rope, my lawd. If that is what we can get next year without the INT’s. I’ll buying all of it.

Foskey is a man on fire. I truly see no scenario where I’m zone dropping versus giving him another pass rush opportunity. In fact, I would think they’d want as many as those per game considering he’s not only creating pressures and sacks but TO’s. I just don’t get it. At this point, him playing LB and/or dropping to nowhere to cover nobody, seems silly. After FSU, Ok I’ll play along. After Cincy, it’s getting out of hand. After USC, BK/Elston please step in. If for no other reason than he’s got records to set and money to make.

I want to single out Bo Bauer. And, not just this game but the last two years really. He was a bit of a forgotten man in his class. He’s stayed healthy, worked hard, and had a great attitude. Now he’s a key part of what they do and he makes big plays doing it. These are the stories that make college football so great. They’re also the stories on why I follow recruiting and what makes it so much fun. There is a Bauer in the ‘21 class and there will be one in the ‘22 and ‘23 classes. Who are they? That’s what I’m here for.
                                                                                                    I was combing through the highlights to find that one ASAP. What a laser.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X