• Show
Clear All

• 2021 Week Eight Prediction Poll: USC @ (13) Notre Dame

Southern Cal @ #13 Notre Dame (-6.5)
    Saturday, October 23
    Notre Dame Stadium
    7:30 PM EST
    NBC

Votes are public. Poll closes at 7:00PM EST on 10/23/21.
    ND by 24+ (FUSC)
    5.08%
    ND by 18-24
    5.08%
    ND by 11-17
    49.15%
    ND by 4-10
    32.20%
    ND by 1-3
    5.08%
    fUSC by 1-3
    0%
    fUSC by 4-10
    0%
    fUSC by 11-17
    1.69%
    fUSC by 18-49
    0%
    fUSC by 50+ (please don't ACamp....not this week).
    1.69%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 10-21-2021, 08:58 AM.
    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Standings update:

Four posters joined the ranks with their first correct prediction with ND 1-3 against VT: Whiskeyjack, irishtrooper, MacIrish75 and NDohio. No one else added to their win totals week 6. Standings below.

IE Standings.png

Comment

I still don't think that Coan has the ability to push this offense. I will say 27-20 ND. The defense gives up a lot yards in the air but due to 2 or 3 turnovers the points stay down. KW has his best game of the year.
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

I think ND rolls by three scores. USC comes out early excited to play on the road under the lights away from all of the distractions back home and trade blows with the Irish.

However....the latest iteration of our OL was our most successful in Blacksburg, the boys had a week to rest and get healthy and we are playing our worst defensive front so far this season. ND runs for over 250+ in this one with a steady rotation of Kyren, Tyree, Buchner and a sprinkle of the smooth running Diggs. Irish pull ahead by 10 at the half and never look back.

ND 38, USC 17.

Comment

This game maybe a weird one. With players coming off midterms and a bye I suspect they will look flat initially. USC may even get up by two scores. Second half will be better.

Comment

I expect what we've seen all year long.

With this one:

We'll score on the 1st drive and then struggle the rest of the 1st half.
            Coan will be sacked about 4 times throughout the game
            It'll be close at halftime, somewhere in the 17 to 10 range, with Doerer booting a 51 yarder right before the half.
            Defense will look great but have a few WTF moments.
            Buchner will start the 2nd half, Pyne will close the game out
            The good guys will win by probably 17

We'll see the Coan, Buchner, Pyne three headed monster all year long lol

Comment

Don't tell me what to do brah.. I was all set for a legit prediction and here comes this Bloke clown saying what I can and can't,... well..., cash me ousside... Condoms by 65.
              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                Don't tell me what to do brah.. I was all set for a legit prediction and here comes this Bloke clown saying what I can and can't,... well..., cash me ousside... Condoms by 65.
                I said please.....lol

Comment

Our OL has been bad all year, but just have a feeling that KW goes nuts this game. And we’ll need it as the D gives up points/big plays. ND by 3 unless Tyree houses one on a kickoff. If that happens, then ND by 10.

I’ll go over KW 150 yards from scrimmage.

Comment

Another ugly game by the offense but similarly to previous games we’ll get just enough from them and the defense to win. 27-20 and it’s still clear Coan shouldn’t be the starting QB.

Comment

I'm bullish on the offense. This USC defense, especially the secondary, is not good. I think ND will be able to score, and score a lot. I have ND 38 USC 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        Another ugly game by the offense but similarly to previous games we’ll get just enough from them and the defense to win. 27-20 and it’s still clear Coan shouldn’t be the starting QB.
                        Can’t predict you own score?Lol
                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

No prediction from me. I think it could four different ways. ND should win but they still must play the game. I still remember the 2011 game. ND is deep inside the RZ. Crist takes snap and stumbles (may have stepped on OL foot?) and proceeds to fumble. Jawanza Starling from SC picks it up on a Sunday hop and returns it the other way for a TD. So take a TD away from ND (17 pts instead of 24) and give the TD to SC (31 instead of 24) and it’s the difference in the game.

Comment

24-20.

ND doesn't have as many bonehead turnovers or 3 and outs but still only put up 1 TD in firsts half with two missed FGs. USC has a passing strjke early and a return TD heading to half.

ND scores scores TDs in early 3rd & 4 the qtrs. USC offense gets clamped down in 2nd half with only two FGs. After trading punts down the stretch ND hits a field goal with a 1.5 mins left after a screw job by the refs on a 3rd down DPI. USC drives to ND 35 and gets picked off in endzone on final play.

FUSC
                            Prehistoric

Comment

We play a complete game, for once, and win by 2 TDs.

Comment

This game will be frustrating for a half as Coan and the running game take some time to settle in and wear down the trash USC defense, but I don't see USC's offense being able to generate much so let's say is 17 - 7 at the half, we push it to 31 - 7 by the end of the 3rd and coast to a 38 - 21 win that is somehow still not satisfying as we knock on the door of the Top 10 once again.

Kelly also pulls Slovis aside after the game and asks him if he's ever played Portal....

Comment

Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                                  This game will be frustrating for a half as Coan and the running game take some time to settle in and wear down the trash USC defense, but I don't see USC's offense being able to generate much so let's say is 17 - 7 at the half, we push it to 31 - 7 by the end of the 3rd and coast to a 38 - 21 win that is somehow still not satisfying as we knock on the door of the Top 10 once again.

Kelly also pulls Jaxson Dart aside after the game and asks him if he's ever played Portal....
                                  Fify

Comment

I picked 4-10, so given the scores of previous game I should be golden.

Comment

Its gonna be a blood bath.
                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

My prediction is that ND wins this game and does so semi-comfortably, but it's just so weird that USC is as bad as they are with how much talent they have on offense. They are by far the best offensive team ND has faced so far... this game could get weird. No, I don't count Cinci, who I think is a paper tiger.

Comment

This should be a fun game but what kind of shoes are these guys wearing? Check out my shoe reviews at reviewingsomeshoes.com
                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

What the heck is going on with shoes,… I sure as hell missed something lol
                                            There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                              My prediction is that ND wins this game and does so semi-comfortably, but it's just so weird that USC is as bad as they are with how much talent they have on offense. They are by far the best offensive team ND has faced so far... this game could get weird. No, I don't count Cinci, who I think is a paper tiger.
                                              Terrible terrible coaching. Apparently Donte Williams is in over his head as interim. I heard he was having the team run wind sprints for each penalty and none of the players care to follow any of the coaches, who are all getting fired at the end of the year.

London caught 16 balls against Utah, on 20 targets...and SC still lost by 16 lol. That's how bad the team is.

That being said, I expect the score to be somewhat close, because SC's bad teams still give a fight in South Bend. HOWEVER, temperature at kickoff is supposed to be 50 so maybe that'll change.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X