X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDisme
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
    Finally got another look at the game and the second Buchner interception should have been caught by Diggs. Nice throw really.
    I don’t think it was that off the mark, it was catchable. Nitpicking but I think it just probably had too much heat on it

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishize View Post
    Weird how the VT QB completed less of 50% of his passes. I swear every one of his completions were on third down.
    They were and most were 3rd and long. Whenever VT had a 3rd down, I kept telling myself, "Damn they have us right where they want us". lol

Leave a comment:

• T-Boone
    replied
    Finally got another look at the game and the second Buchner interception should have been caught by Diggs. Nice throw really.

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Weird how the VT QB completed less of 50% of his passes. I swear every one of his completions were on third down.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

kid shouldnt be on the field in goal line IMO, hes not able to hold up against OT's straight up
    After reading 317Irish post, my first thought is maybe he's trying to play with too much finesse and not physicality. That will cut your playing time down real fast.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

I was watching highlights the other day trying to spot something completely different and I noticed Botelho in on VT’s first TD. He was double teamed at first but then got driven back about 5 yds, keeping him from having any chance at making a tackle. Odd to see that was his only play, but I wonder if there is something too that? Maybe wasn’t at full health or made a mistake on the play?
    kid shouldnt be on the field in goal line IMO, hes not able to hold up against OT's straight up

Leave a comment:

• 317Irish
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Just got around to snap counts, not sure why they rotated less than most other weeks. Justin A basically got starter reps it seems like and everyone else reps went down.

Mills - 16
    NaNa - 5
    Botelho - 1
    Ehrensberger - 13

DJ Brown continues to sneaky get on the field more, 27 snaps to Houston’s 39.
    I was watching highlights the other day trying to spot something completely different and I noticed Botelho in on VT’s first TD. He was double teamed at first but then got driven back about 5 yds, keeping him from having any chance at making a tackle. Odd to see that was his only play, but I wonder if there is something too that? Maybe wasn’t at full health or made a mistake on the play?

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    At the same time maybe the bye week is time for some more installs. The numbers are somewhat tough but there are 7 guys that 100% have shown the ability to be on the field a considerable amount. Right now 6 are getting it, Mills should play more. The problem is Jayson A also has shown he should probably be on the field the most. I’d like to see more creative ways to see more Mills and just more Botelho in some way moving forward because Mills has flashed and Botelho idk I just still can’t see how he doesn’t add a positive in some role. I’ve been somewhat surprised the NT hasn’t been taken off in place of a DT more often. Maybe USC/UNC is the right time.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    Wonder what's up with Botelho and snaps?
    Idk.

The fact that they used him a ton for Wisconsin and then basically not at all except some goal line stuff since says they almost think of him as like a SAM backer. That doesn’t project favorably the next couple weeks to see those snaps go up

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Wonder what's up with Botelho and snaps?

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Just got around to snap counts, not sure why they rotated less than most other weeks. Justin A basically got starter reps it seems like and everyone else reps went down.

Mills - 16
    NaNa - 5
    Botelho - 1
    Ehrensberger - 13

DJ Brown continues to sneaky get on the field more, 27 snaps to Houston’s 39.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied
    Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

I thought for sure hinish was going to get called for a horsecollar tackle, had no idea about the inside the tackles rule. also did josh lugg get away with a hold on the 2pt conversion?
    Maybe. Though I'd say the defender was already going down. No way Lugg did anything to cause that through a hold really.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHMAN
    replied

Yeah, this D likes to get physical. The Hinish tackle was great. I loved the reaction of the crowd when they thought it was a dirty. When they threw the flag my first thought was why? That was legal. The reaction after they picked up the flag was even better. Don't they realize this isn't flag football they're playing?
    I thought for sure hinish was going to get called for a horsecollar tackle, had no idea about the inside the tackles rule. also did josh lugg get away with a hold on the 2pt conversion?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
    I'm a little late to this, but I was reading some VT forums today. They all were complaining that ND played dirty. Now, as a biased ND fan, I don't think so at all.

Targeting call on us was weak IMO, and the refs missed a shit ton of holds and such on VT. What I saw, was that ND is MEAN. Hinish throwing that RB behind the line by his collar was awesome. Kyle was hitting people, and, once tackling came back around, the whole defense was thumping ball carriers.
    Yeah, this D likes to get physical. The Hinish tackle was great. I loved the reaction of the crowd when they thought it was a dirty. When they threw the flag my first thought was why? That was legal. The reaction after they picked up the flag was even better. Don't they realize this isn't flag football they're playing?

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied

Seeing your starting QB hurt probably always gonna result in that opinion. The Hinish tackle wasn’t great and really weird a “safety” rule has a stipulation of where on the field it happens lol
    Hinish never grabbed inside the shoulder pads which also really helped his case. And sure, watching your QB hobble around is cause for concern, but man it's been nice the last 4-5 years to see the defense continue to get mean.

Leave a comment:

• Free Manera
    replied

Seeing your starting QB hurt probably always gonna result in that opinion. The Hinish tackle wasn’t great and really weird a “safety” rule has a stipulation of where on the field it happens lol
    The rule actually makes sense though. Horse collars are really only dangerous in the open field when a player is running full speed and the defender grabs their collar and falls on the back of the runner's legs. Between the tackles, it usually looks like what Hinish did which is pretty harmless.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
    I'm a little late to this, but I was reading some VT forums today. They all were complaining that ND played dirty. Now, as a biased ND fan, I don't think so at all.

Targeting call on us was weak IMO, and the refs missed a shit ton of holds and such on VT. What I saw, was that ND is MEAN. Hinish throwing that RB behind the line by his collar was awesome. Kyle was hitting people, and, once tackling came back around, the whole defense was thumping ball carriers.

Leave a comment:

• GowerND11
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    I hope his passion for blocking rubs off on Diggs and the other RB's.

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    We're going to miss the hell out of K. Williams next year.

Coach speak aside, I think BK genuinely loves coaching this team. He looked like a proud papa when Doerer hit the game winner.

Leave a comment:

• irishff1014
    replied
    Anyone else see the Icon video for the VT game?

I wish they played with the same energy they had in the locker room and kelly was yelling.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied

Yeah, preseason. IIRC, the general consensus was an 8-4 or 9-3 season wasn't it?
    Yeah I do think a lot of the talking heads had us with a few losses. I didn't see that on the schedule at the time, however.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

When? Preseason? I actually thought we'd be 6-0. I thought Cinci was beatable -- and they are. Figured we'd drop one to USC or UNC. I'm less concerned about UNC now, but you just never know with USC.
    Yeah, preseason. IIRC, the general consensus was an 8-4 or 9-3 season wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

I did,… and have the prediction thread posts to prove it…………

(I should go into politics shouldn’t I??)
    Go eat your burrito.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied

Fair enough but I’ve watched them a few times and,…. Yeah we SHOULD win big… it’s not us, it’s them
    Sounds good. I'm in!

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

EVERY YEAR is the year to boat race the living F outta them lol, but look into your heart of hearts and tell me you can't see it happening this year...
    Fair enough but I’ve watched them a few times and,…. Yeah we SHOULD win big… it’s not us, it’s them

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied

If we lose to SCum this year I’ll be totally freakin pissed,…. This is not the year to let them have one, this is the year to body race the living EF out of them
    EVERY YEAR is the year to boat race the living F outta them lol, but look into your heart of hearts and tell me you can't see it happening this year...

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied

When? Preseason? I actually thought we'd be 6-0. I thought Cinci was beatable -- and they are. Figured we'd drop one to USC or UNC. I'm less concerned about UNC now, but you just never know with USC.
    If we lose to SCum this year I’ll be totally freakin pissed,…. This is not the year to let them have one, this is the year to body race the living EF out of them

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Raise your hand if you thought we would be 5-1 at this point.

Leave a comment:

• ACamp1900
    replied
    I did,… and have the prediction thread posts to prove it…………

(I should go into politics shouldn’t I??)

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Didn't realize the number was that big. From The Athletic. Like IrishLion said, a culture win.

the Irish played seven different freshmen on offense on a night when the run game finally produced

Leave a comment:

• Irishize
    replied
    Originally posted by tko View Post
    Did Botelho play Saturday night? I don’t remember seeing him or hearing his name called.
    Don’t recall seeing him but saw someone post he was in on goal line defense & ST. Doesnt look like he recorded any stats.

Leave a comment:

• Rockin’Irish
    replied
    Before the season, I did but after the first two games…….not so much! Happy to be where we are with some aspects of the team trending up but with work to do.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Originally posted by tko View Post
    Did Botelho play Saturday night? I don’t remember seeing him or hearing his name called.
    Yes I saw him in on the goal line and on kickoff team

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    Late to the party, but to echo quite a few of you…

THAT WAS A FUCKIN’ CULTURE WIN. 2016 ND folds like a lawn chair and is well on its way to 4-8.

This team might get healthy and use their confidence and brotherhood to go 11-1… or things might stay difficult and get worse at some point. But either way, the culture isn’t going to allow a total cratering. That’s awesome.

I really hope Buchner, Mayer and Tyree can get back to 100% before prep begins during USC game week. I just worry that Coan’s 2-minute, brass balls heroics earned him a bunch of slack, and it will cut into Buchner’s opportunities to get involved.

What happens if Alt keeps getting better at LT… move him to RT next year when Fisher is back? Or move Fisher to the right or to the inside like one of those mammoth Bama OG’s?
    To answer your last question I'd say solidify the edges. Definitely both of them play tackle.

Leave a comment:

• tko
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Armyirish47
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

I think USC has a bye as well though
    For the 3rd week in a row.

Leave a comment:

• NDFAN420
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
    We just need a Middle East consortium to buy us out and set our NIL players up for life. Haha
    The sheiks then consider you 100% Owned. The players would be set up for life or until the first mistake...

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

THAT WAS A FUCKIN’ CULTURE WIN. 2016 ND folds like a lawn chair and is well on its way to 4-8.

This team might get healthy and use their confidence and brotherhood to go 11-1… or things might stay difficult and get worse at some point. But either way, the culture isn’t going to allow a total cratering. That’s awesome.

I really hope Buchner, Mayer and Tyree can get back to 100% before prep begins during USC game week. I just worry that Coan’s 2-minute, brass balls heroics earned him a bunch of slack, and it will cut into Buchner’s opportunities to get involved.

What happens if Alt keeps getting better at LT… move him to RT next year when Fisher is back? Or move Fisher to the right or to the inside like one of those mammoth Bama OG’s?
    Fishers mobility post op likely determines his future positionally

Leave a comment:

• FWIrish4
    replied
    This team has weaknesses but damn they’re tough as hell and refuse to lose. We may have finally figured out the Oline shuffling and got our guys so hopeful for improvement to continue.

Buchner has talent that we haven’t had at QB in a long while and those freshman mistakes are going to happen and I’m fine living with them. I bet Kyren was the happiest man alive that the run game was finally functional because the defense had to worry about the QB. If Coan plays, hopefully Rees and Kelly realize it needs to be up-tempo spread with timing throws to keep him in rhythm.

2nd week in a row we give up easy points right before half - how many times does this have to happen before we stop doing stupid prevent?

Some of you from the post game Cincinnati thread owe apologies to Kevin Austin and Buchner. Some of you wanted Austin replaced by Colzie (that pick six was just as much his fault) and called Buchner Andrew Hendrix (LOL).

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NDRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post

Going for 2 after the Buchner pick six was the correct choice at the time. Would have given them a 24-21 lead rather than 23-21. Obviously they should've kicked the extra point after the penalty moved them back but it was the right decision initially. What I don't understand is why they didn't go for it on their last TD. Miss it and you still have a full TD lead at 28-21. Make it and it's a two possession game.
    I disagree. See the same thing happen over and over. Chase the points early and end up paying for it later. Literally cost them the game. Glad they did though.

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
    1) Oline showed improvement, but long ways to go.

2) QB situation is 2012 again.

3) Don't trust this defense at all. Va Tech had no weapons and was able to put long drives together.

4) I miss the 2020 season. The gray hairs continue to grow in numbers on my head.

5) As a pure college football fan, that was the most insane Saturday I've seen at the age of 36. From noon til midnight, I had eyes on TV's and it was worth every minute. Unreal.
    Agree one hundred percent with #5

Leave a comment:

• Polish Leppy 22
    replied
    1) Oline showed improvement, but long ways to go.

2) QB situation is 2012 again.

3) Don't trust this defense at all. Va Tech had no weapons and was able to put long drives together.

4) I miss the 2020 season. The gray hairs continue to grow in numbers on my head.

5) As a pure college football fan, that was the most insane Saturday I've seen at the age of 36. From noon til midnight, I had eyes on TV's and it was worth every minute. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Riddickulous
    replied
    Originally posted by NDRock View Post
    Why do teams go for 2 early in the game? If I was a VT supporter I’d be pissed they gave away a point, especially after the penalty moved them back.
    Going for 2 after the Buchner pick six was the correct choice at the time. Would have given them a 24-21 lead rather than 23-21. Obviously they should've kicked the extra point after the penalty moved them back but it was the right decision initially. What I don't understand is why they didn't go for it on their last TD. Miss it and you still have a full TD lead at 28-21. Make it and it's a two possession game.

Leave a comment:

• NDRock
    replied
    Why do teams go for 2 early in the game? If I was a VT supporter I’d be pissed they gave away a point, especially after the penalty moved them back.

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Bye week comment has me shook
    I think USC has a bye as well though

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
    Apologies if already discussed…but what was the post game fight about?
    Exit Sandman

Leave a comment:

• EvilleIrish
    replied
    Apologies if already discussed…but what was the post game fight about?

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X