No announcement yet.

Post Game: Virginia Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope his passion for blocking rubs off on Diggs and the other RB's.

Comment

• I'm a little late to this, but I was reading some VT forums today. They all were complaining that ND played dirty. Now, as a biased ND fan, I don't think so at all.

Targeting call on us was weak IMO, and the refs missed a shit ton of holds and such on VT. What I saw, was that ND is MEAN. Hinish throwing that RB behind the line by his collar was awesome. Kyle was hitting people, and, once tackling came back around, the whole defense was thumping ball carriers.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
        I'm a little late to this, but I was reading some VT forums today. They all were complaining that ND played dirty. Now, as a biased ND fan, I don't think so at all.

Targeting call on us was weak IMO, and the refs missed a shit ton of holds and such on VT. What I saw, was that ND is MEAN. Hinish throwing that RB behind the line by his collar was awesome. Kyle was hitting people, and, once tackling came back around, the whole defense was thumping ball carriers.
        Seeing your starting QB hurt probably always gonna result in that opinion. The Hinish tackle wasn’t great and really weird a “safety” rule has a stipulation of where on the field it happens lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Seeing your starting QB hurt probably always gonna result in that opinion. The Hinish tackle wasn’t great and really weird a “safety” rule has a stipulation of where on the field it happens lol
          The rule actually makes sense though. Horse collars are really only dangerous in the open field when a player is running full speed and the defender grabs their collar and falls on the back of the runner's legs. Between the tackles, it usually looks like what Hinish did which is pretty harmless.

Formerly known as Kellyisit

Comment

Hinish never grabbed inside the shoulder pads which also really helped his case. And sure, watching your QB hobble around is cause for concern, but man it's been nice the last 4-5 years to see the defense continue to get mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
              I'm a little late to this, but I was reading some VT forums today. They all were complaining that ND played dirty. Now, as a biased ND fan, I don't think so at all.

Yeah, this D likes to get physical. The Hinish tackle was great. I loved the reaction of the crowd when they thought it was a dirty. When they threw the flag my first thought was why? That was legal. The reaction after they picked up the flag was even better. Don't they realize this isn't flag football they're playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Yeah, this D likes to get physical. The Hinish tackle was great. I loved the reaction of the crowd when they thought it was a dirty. When they threw the flag my first thought was why? That was legal. The reaction after they picked up the flag was even better. Don't they realize this isn't flag football they're playing?
                I thought for sure hinish was going to get called for a horsecollar tackle, had no idea about the inside the tackles rule. also did josh lugg get away with a hold on the 2pt conversion?

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post

I thought for sure hinish was going to get called for a horsecollar tackle, had no idea about the inside the tackles rule. also did josh lugg get away with a hold on the 2pt conversion?
                  Maybe. Though I'd say the defender was already going down. No way Lugg did anything to cause that through a hold really.

Comment

• Just got around to snap counts, not sure why they rotated less than most other weeks. Justin A basically got starter reps it seems like and everyone else reps went down.

Mills - 16
                    NaNa - 5
                    Botelho - 1
                    Ehrensberger - 13

DJ Brown continues to sneaky get on the field more, 27 snaps to Houston’s 39.

Comment

• Wonder what's up with Botelho and snaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                        Wonder what's up with Botelho and snaps?
                        Idk.

The fact that they used him a ton for Wisconsin and then basically not at all except some goal line stuff since says they almost think of him as like a SAM backer. That doesn’t project favorably the next couple weeks to see those snaps go up

Comment

• At the same time maybe the bye week is time for some more installs. The numbers are somewhat tough but there are 7 guys that 100% have shown the ability to be on the field a considerable amount. Right now 6 are getting it, Mills should play more. The problem is Jayson A also has shown he should probably be on the field the most. I’d like to see more creative ways to see more Mills and just more Botelho in some way moving forward because Mills has flashed and Botelho idk I just still can’t see how he doesn’t add a positive in some role. I’ve been somewhat surprised the NT hasn’t been taken off in place of a DT more often. Maybe USC/UNC is the right time.

Comment

Just got around to snap counts, not sure why they rotated less than most other weeks. Justin A basically got starter reps it seems like and everyone else reps went down.

Mills - 16
                            NaNa - 5
                            Botelho - 1
                            Ehrensberger - 13

DJ Brown continues to sneaky get on the field more, 27 snaps to Houston’s 39.
                            I was watching highlights the other day trying to spot something completely different and I noticed Botelho in on VT’s first TD. He was double teamed at first but then got driven back about 5 yds, keeping him from having any chance at making a tackle. Odd to see that was his only play, but I wonder if there is something too that? Maybe wasn’t at full health or made a mistake on the play?

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

I was watching highlights the other day trying to spot something completely different and I noticed Botelho in on VT’s first TD. He was double teamed at first but then got driven back about 5 yds, keeping him from having any chance at making a tackle. Odd to see that was his only play, but I wonder if there is something too that? Maybe wasn’t at full health or made a mistake on the play?
                              kid shouldnt be on the field in goal line IMO, hes not able to hold up against OT's straight up
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

kid shouldnt be on the field in goal line IMO, hes not able to hold up against OT's straight up
                                After reading 317Irish post, my first thought is maybe he's trying to play with too much finesse and not physicality. That will cut your playing time down real fast.

Comment

• Weird how the VT QB completed less of 50% of his passes. I swear every one of his completions were on third down.

Comment

• Finally got another look at the game and the second Buchner interception should have been caught by Diggs. Nice throw really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                      Weird how the VT QB completed less of 50% of his passes. I swear every one of his completions were on third down.
                                      They were and most were 3rd and long. Whenever VT had a 3rd down, I kept telling myself, "Damn they have us right where they want us". lol

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                        Finally got another look at the game and the second Buchner interception should have been caught by Diggs. Nice throw really.
                                        I don’t think it was that off the mark, it was catchable. Nitpicking but I think it just probably had too much heat on it

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X