14.00%
    VT 11-16
    2.00%
    VT 17-41
    4.00%
    VT 42+
    0%

The poll is expired.

My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

4 posters got last week's result correct (Cincy 7-13). dankgesang joined the top of the leaderboard with his 2nd correct pick of the season.

IE Standings.png
    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

I don’t think we win by much be we do win. They say the strength of the VT team is the defensive backs. So I think our intermediate to down field pass will not be there. It’ll be shorter passes. I think KW is able to break on off for a good distance finally. I think the defensive line has a great day. I think special teams is ok but nothing special.

23-16 Irish
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

I’m right there with ya at ND 23-17. Though that probably means you should change yours because I ain’t getting any of these right, lol.

I think this is similar to the Wiscy game sans the defensive and ST’s TD’s. Both teams struggle to move the ball consistently. But, ND is able to sustain a few more drives for points with Pyne at QB.

Comment

Fuck it, with Pyne getting starter reps all week and bringing some swag to the position, I think Lenzy and Austin both step up to match their QB.

A big day through the air to the WR's that takes some pressure off of Mayer and allows him to get some much-needed rest, opens up some running lanes for Kyren, and Tyree breaks a long one at some point (probably on a check down after Pyne scrambles to buy some time).

Irish bounce back big, 38-17.

Comment

I’m a homer. I think they bounce back and win by 3-10. It will be ugly. I may have to walk away. I may question a number of my life decisions. Ultimately there will be enough to call a w for the good guys. A targeting call will be made at a crucial moment not sure if it’s us or them. Going to mass Saturday evening maybe the difference

Comment

Home win streak behind us I decided to break them even before the game starts.. good luck Hokies... yall gonna need it.
              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

For the first time this season, the running game isn’t awful. The offensive line continues to improve with Pyne making their job easier once again. Big bounce-back game from the front 7, as VTech is unable to get anything going on offense. Irish 28-Hokies 13.

Comment

Pyne leads us on TD drive to start the game everyones hyped then he turns the ball over 3 straight times. We try some Buchner in the process but VaTech sees it coming a mile away.

Enter halftime down 10-7. We come out with Coan who leads us to a FG and we spend the majority of the second half watching both teams punt. Mid 4th Kyren springs a decent PR and Coan finds Mayer for TD strike.

17-10 Final.
                  Prehistoric

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                      For all involved?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post

For all involved?
                        Yes. Another rock fight. We probably win, but no one will be happy about how we look doing it.

Comment

This is one of my favorite threads, during the season, every week. So much humor mixed in with legitimate football talk. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

Yes. Another rock fight. We probably win, but no one will be happy about how we look doing it.
                            Couldn’t agree more. Really want to bet the under but those low numbers always scare me with defensive or special teams touchdowns.

Comment

Coan starts = Irish by 7.
                              Pyne starts = Irish by 10.

They can't take advantage of our weaknesses and we all enjoy the least satisfying 5-1 start for a Top 15 team in the history of college football. Bye week will be filled with light hearted banter and the telling of fond memories of the season so far.

I'm psyched.

Comment

The Pynecoan formation is a failure in the first half, but the defense keeps it scoreless. Ron Powlus enters the fray and throws 4 TDs.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                  The Pynecoan formation is a failure in the first half, but the defense keeps it scoreless. Ron Powlus enters the fray and throws 4 TDs.
                                  Beano, is that you?

Comment

IF the OL can minimize sacks and at least give themselves a semblance of a run game
                                    IF Coan can stay upright and hit his receivers meaning he avoids freshman-like throws in the EZ like last week
                                    IF Austin can get off the LOS and then actually catch the ball
                                    IF Lenzy can avoid drops
                                    IF Kyren & Tyree can protect the ball (NOTE: they’ve only had one lost fumble each but they’ve both been at critical times)

Check all the above boxes and ND should win 13-10. I still don’t see this as an 11-1 or even 10-2 team like the media members are maintaining ND still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                      IF the OL can minimize sacks and at least give themselves a semblance of a run game
                                      IF Coan can stay upright and hit his receivers meaning he avoids freshman-like throws in the EZ like last week
                                      IF Austin can get off the LOS and then actually catch the ball
                                      IF Lenzy can avoid drops
                                      IF Kyren & Tyree can protect the ball (NOTE: they’ve only had one lost fumble each but they’ve both been at critical times)

Check all the above boxes and ND should win 13-10. I still don’t see this as an 11-1 or even 10-2 team like the media members are maintaining ND still is.
                                      If all the above happens - ND wins in a blow out.

Comment

I have always been a Brian Kelly supporter/defender, BUT...if he starts Coan and "stubbornly" rides him to an 8-4 record I may have to drive up to Diamond Lake and scissor kick that dumb ass! The lot of you are discounting the night game vibes in Blacksburg. You are discounting that VTech always plays us tough. You are discounting that we have a horrible offensive line with an immobile quarterback. You are discounting our mediocre offensive coordinator.

Our defense keeps it close for a half - we lose by double digits - UNLESS - Pyne starts...then we win by 4.

Comment

This game should have an electric atmosphere and will be a tough one.

Go Irish! ☘️

Comment

ND - 16
                                            VT - 13

Comment

If Coan starts ND losesby 4-10.
                                              If Pyne start ND wins by 4-10.

If Coan starts I will not watch... but I get the feeling Coan starts and we see at least 2 Qbs and lose.

Comment

Hokies by 4-10, especially if Coan starts.

Comment

Prop bet.

Over/Under on how many QBs ND uses today. Number is at 2.5. I will sadly say over.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                    Prop bet.

Over/Under on how many QBs ND uses today. Number is at 2.5. I will sadly say over.
                                                    I’ll go OVER
                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                    Working...
                                                    X