No announcement yet.

Post Game: Cincinatti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ND’s defense played pretty well most of the day, which says a lot about Ridder and UC’s depth on offense.

Pierce abusing Lewis deep was not something I anticipated. I knew they’d take a couple of shots to him, but I thought it would be to free up Scott, Tucker or Young on the opposite side… Lewis is super hot and cold lately, which sucks because Hart is turning into a monster on the other side.

The OL has no answers, and even after losing four starters from last year and losing Fisher to injury, that’s unacceptable. Throwing Joe Alt into the fire “because we don’t know what else to do” is pretty shitty. BK and Quinn better be having some serious talks this week.

Kyren looked good when given any daylight. God bless him and his non-stop motor.

Pyne’s the guy, but they need to keep working Buchner in. They completely mis-managed his opportunities today with shitty playcalling against a defensive front that was too good. That’s a good way to ruin his future. Cut it out and let him run the full playbook.

Get Styles on the field more. And Colzie. They were both out there in crunch time in the fourth. Keep that up.

Comment

I just want an ass kicker for a coach. A coach that searches for any weakness in the program and squashes it. I want dogs on the staff that are on the recruiting trail and coaching guys. I want dogs on the field too. I'm tired of this nice guy football shit.

The players on this team have no swagger. No attitude. They are always timid and afraid. No sense of urgency. Thinking instead of playing and reacting. And why are they walking onto the field smiling after getting their teeth kicked in at home by Cincinatti? They should be pissed. They should be pissed that they were playing a road game at home. Kelly and the players should call those fans out.

Comment

Very disappointing game. Regarding our QB situation, I don't blame Coan. His abilities and inadequacies are not a surprise. One only had to review his play at Wisconsin. Buchner is being developed to fail. If the staff will not call the regular offense when Buchner is in the game, then he should not be in the game. The predictable run packages are pointless. Pyne has earned the right to play, but he has a low ceiling. I do share the opinion that if Pyne started today ND would have been more competitive. Winning the game? I have doubts because of Freeman's defense.

Freeman is not a good defensive coordinator. Little to no adjustments. Too many big plays allowed. Seemingly no gameplan to attack or mitigate the strength of opposing offenses. Odd formations with players playing in positions that do not utilize their strengths. Under Lea, the sum was greater than the parts. Under Freeman, the parts are masking the defensive scheme's inadequacies.

Nice to see freshman WRs play and make a few plays. No reason why they shouldn't be getting more opportunities.

See Mayer playing in the end was idiotic. He was clearly hurt and the staff should have sat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
          I just want an ass kicker for a coach. A coach that searches for any weakness in the program and squashes it. I want dogs on the staff that are on the recruiting trail and coaching guys. I want dogs on the field too. I'm tired of this nice guy football shit.

The players on this team have no swagger. No attitude. They are always timid and afraid. No sense of urgency. Thinking instead of playing and reacting. And why are they walking onto the field smiling after getting their teeth kicked in at home by Cincinatti? They should be pissed. They should be pissed that they were playing a road game at home. Kelly and the players should call those fans out.
          Really? I mean, we have issues but let’s not go overboard. We just made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.
          "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Really? I mean, we have issues but let’s not go overboard. We just made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.
            And got humiliated both times as well as the ACC Championship game. We have no problem beating the Purdue's on our schedule. 12 years and Kelly has like three big wins and one was without Lawrence.

Cincinnati called our team out all week long. Kelly showed their comments on the jumbo tron all week. The players just came out and wilted. The staff is soft, the players are soft, the program is soft.

Comment

Originally posted by NDRock View Post

Lol. That’s how Sea Turtle rolls. Biggest troll on IE.

Can you imagine if he was an FSU fanā€¦he would probably plant a bomb and blowup the teams locker room. Talking about coaches and players being soft. Would love to hear what he would say if he was a FSU or Miami or USC fan lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to see what home field advantage looks like put on ABC and watch PSU. That ND game today might as well have been neutral site. So embarrassing. Laughingstock type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                  If you want to see what home field advantage looks like put on ABC and watch PSU. That ND game today might as well have been neutral site. So embarrassing. Laughingstock type stuff.
                  Could be worse. Could be Stanford or USC…but yeah it is a problem that whenever a top ten team comes into South Bend they make it their own home stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                    We’re you at the game?
                    I mean sure it was a little disheartening to see so many Cincy fans, but the ND fans who were there absolutely brought it.

I only saw two colors in the stadium: Green and Red. So I’d say that was a successful green out.

It’s the first time I didn’t see a clear and obvious difference from the student section and the rest of the stadium. ND fans brought it with the noise. Our section stood the entire fourth quarter minus the victory formation drive by Cincy. Even tho we lost I had a ton of fun today.

On to my notes of the team:
                    Was disappointed in the d line today. Mostly on just not being able to generate a whole lot of pressure on passing situations. I was also confused on the deep play to start the second half by Griffith. He went ahead of the receiver to try and intercept only to have the receiver catch the ball. Just knock that shit down.

Mayer, Kyren and to a certain extent Pyne we’re my only positives on offense. If Austin catches that ball at midfield he might have scored. That was a real blow.

I don’t normally take shots at coaches because quite frankly they’re obviously smarter than I am. But something needs to be said about Tommy today. There’s absolutely no reason in the freaking fifth game of the season to have so many timing issues between receivers and quarterbacks. None. We should not have multiple times where a quarterback throws to an empty spot. It’s actually embarrassing. And the whole second quarter play calling seemed to be run on first and second down and then throw on third and long. I appreciate you trying to get the o line an opportunity but at some point you just have to throw the damn ball.
                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

I was watching the game on TV like millions of other people…. who all saw a half red Notre Dame stadium in a top ten matchup. AGAIN. It’s just an awful look for recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post

We’re you at the game?
                        I mean sure it was a little disheartening to see so many Cincy fans, but the ND fans who were there absolutely brought it.

I only saw two colors in the stadium: Green and Red. So I’d say that was a successful green out.

It’s the first time I didn’t see a clear and obvious difference from the student section and the rest of the stadium. ND fans brought it with the noise. Our section stood the entire fourth quarter minus the victory formation drive by Cincy. Even tho we lost I had a ton of fun today.

On to my notes of the team:
                        Was disappointed in the d line today. Mostly on just not being able to generate a whole lot of pressure on passing situations. I was also confused on the deep play to start the second half by Griffith. He went ahead of the receiver to try and intercept only to have the receiver catch the ball. Just knock that shit down.

Mayer, Kyren and to a certain extent Pyne we’re my only positives on offense. If Austin catches that ball at midfield he might have scored. That was a real blow.

I don’t normally take shots at coaches because quite frankly they’re obviously smarter than I am. But something needs to be said about Tommy today. There’s absolutely no reason in the freaking fifth game of the season to have so many timing issues between receivers and quarterbacks. None. We should not have multiple times where a quarterback throws to an empty spot. It’s actually embarrassing. And the whole second quarter play calling seemed to be run on first and second down and then throw on third and long. I appreciate you trying to get the o line an opportunity but at some point you just have to throw the damn ball.
                        If you call that a Green Out then you can't be helped. That was...once again...an embarrassing performance by Notre Dame's fanbase.

These sort of things should be a once in a lifetime thing....for ND, it happens every couple years.

Agreed on everything else.
                        Last edited by NorthDakota; 10-02-2021, 08:08 PM.
                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Cinncy Twitter is apparently having a day
                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

Lol. That’s how Sea Turtle rolls. Biggest troll on IE.

Can you imagine if he was an FSU fanā€¦he would probably plant a bomb and blowup the teams locker room. Talking about coaches and players being soft. Would love to hear what he would say if he was a FSU or Miami or USC fan lol

In his defense, he knows soft. At least judging by how he looks in his bio picture.
                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Tons of red and they should be pumped! They should be…u wish a HC starts a qb u have a complete game plan against, u want them to start. And ND does. Besides fsu, every team since then has had game plan and been drooling for coan to start. Cant move, always in pocket where u want him to be, send the dogs, he has one ankle…Nd coaching staff, yup, coan starting. Da F?!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post

If you call that a Green Out then you can't be helped. That was...once again...an embarrassing performance by Notre Dame's fanbase.

These sort of things should be a once in a lifetime thing....for ND, it happens every couple years.

You're right but the reason it happens is because these schools are getting their once in a lifetime opportunity to come to ND. It's an unfortunate negative to being the mecca of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post

You're right but the reason it happens is because these schools are getting their once in a lifetime opportunity to come to ND. It's an unfortunate negative to being the mecca of college football.
                                  That to be frank is absolute BS

Comment

I think their red color makes it look a lot worse than it was. I would say they maybe had about 15% of the stadium maaaaybe 20% max. Other teams have had far more. That is what you get being ND, EVERYONE want's to go to ND campus/ stadium

Comment

The stadium was not half red. It was maybe 20% Cincy fans. And yeah, it would be nice if fans would not sell their tickets, but that is not why we lost. Texas 2015 was probably 40% Texas fans and we won easily. Maybe ND needs to warn alums or whoever buys the tickets not to re-sell them on the open market or risk losing their buying rights to avoid this happening again. Instead, ND encourages fans to re-sell on the open market with a ticket 'partner' so ND can get a piece of the action. That means non-ND fans will be buying the tickets.

The bottom line is that their program is in a better position than ours is, and we're in year 12 under their former coach. ND losing at home to Cincy wasn't an upset. In year 12. What does that say about our program?

They are much better coached than us. This isn't about talent. It's time for a change.

Comment

I have a bad feeling this wasn't even our annual "shit the bed" game.

Comment

Thats not an excuse. When ND goes to the horseshoe next fall...do you expect 40% of the fans to be Notre Dame fans? I dont.

The whole "super bowl" thing gets old. We had a top ten team in South Bend and sold off half the damn tickets to the other team. its embarrassing.

Like 30 years ago,, Notre Dame's FANS got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for being too rowdy. Now.... we sell all our tickets lmaoo
                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

i was in the stadium. I saw two colors: green and red. I don’t know what to tell you.
                                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTusker View Post
                                              The bottom line is that their program is in a better position than ours is, and we're in year 12 under their former coach. ND losing at home to Cincy wasn't an upset. In year 12. What does that say about our program?

They are much better coached than us. This isn't about talent. It's time for a change.
                                              Fickle is one of maybe 3 or 4 coaches that are as good or better than BK.
                                              BK has the program in a good place and it is obvious what he needs to improve it.
                                              He needs a better O staff. Lets see if he goes and gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post

i was in the stadium. I saw two colors: green and red. I don’t know what to tell you.
                                                How much red you see? Because I saw an awful lot of it.
                                                Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTusker View Post
                                                  The stadium was not half red. It was maybe 20% Cincy fans. And yeah, it would be nice if fans would not sell their tickets, but that is not why we lost. Texas 2015 was probably 40% Texas fans and we won easily. Maybe ND needs to warn alums or whoever buys the tickets not to re-sell them on the open market or risk losing their buying rights to avoid this happening again. Instead, ND encourages fans to re-sell on the open market with a ticket 'partner' so ND can get a piece of the action. That means non-ND fans will be buying the tickets.

Let's say it was 20%......which it wasn't but let's say it was....what does that say about Notre Dame's fans?

This wasn't a bad Notre Dame team playing a good G5 who admittedly has their once in a lifetime game. This was a top ten matchup.... and we knew that coming into the season... and the fans couldn't be bothered to keep their tickets.
                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

That to be frank is absolute BS
                                                    To be frank, I'm right.

Comment

Thats not an excuse. When ND goes to the horseshoe next fall...do you expect 40% of the fans to be Notre Dame fans? I dont.

The whole "super bowl" thing gets old. We had a top ten team in South Bend and sold off half the damn tickets to the other team. its embarrassing.

Like 30 years ago,, Notre Dame's FANS got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for being too rowdy. Now.... we sell all our tickets lmaoo
                                                      Why would I expect a lot of ND fans at OSU? They weren't even at ND today.

Comment

I agree more. It's not like other teams fans aren't trying to go to the big house or other big stadiums. It's just that the fans are either not selling or only at ridiculous prices

I think part of the problem is that our fan base just isn't as passionate as the rest of cfb. Even on this forum, their are many who just seem offended and surprised that some of us are venting and are pissed about a bad loss.....on a football forum, no less.

Comment

I would say 20% is probably pretty accurate. Opponents normally have 4 or 5 sections up the South East upper bowl. I counted 8 for Cincy today.

Comment

To be frank, I'm right.
                                                            Fans like seeing there team win Top 10 matchups. If UC was playing at PSU or Iowa they would have wanted to see it. The tickets wouldn’t have been available.

Comment

The defense is good and kept this from being a blowout by Cincinnati. If the O doesn’t get it together Stanford and USC are going to kick this ND teams ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMatt91 View Post

But how many of those wins would qualify as signature wins? I'm can only think of 3, and the Clemson win was only possible because Lawrence had COVID.

2012 Stanford
                                                                2013 Michigan State
                                                                2020 Clemson
                                                                Not necessarily disagreeing with the point but you can't leave out oklahoma

Comment

Whiskey after a loss never tastes as good as after a win.

Every other game this year I wasn't worried.
                                                                  This one after the RZ INT I had no faith.
                                                                  RIP KMC 4/15/13

Comment

Fans like seeing there team win Top 10 matchups. If UC was playing at PSU or Iowa they would have wanted to see it. The tickets wouldn’t have been available.
                                                                    Their fans are willing to shell out gobs of money because it's a chance to watch a top 10 match up at notre dame. If you can't see it's more special to watch it at ND for a once in a lifetime opportunity then anywhere else, I dont know what to tell you.

ND isn't that rowdy of a crowd as it's relatively tame most games compared to others, and hasn't been for a while. I went to the iowa Indiana game and you couldn't hear the person next to you.

Comment

Their fans are willing to shell out gobs of money because it's a chance to watch a top 10 match up at notre dame. If you can't see it's more special to watch it at ND for a once in a lifetime opportunity then anywhere else, I dont know what to tell you.

ND isn't that rowdy of a crowd as it's relatively tame most games compared to others, and hasn't been for a while. I went to the iowa Indiana game and you couldn't hear the person next to you.
                                                                      Seems like ND fans with tickets are smart. Sell your tix to a Cincy fan or watch BK run Jack Coan out there series after series?

As far the atmosphere at ND, the admin made a conscious decision years ago to change it to what it is. The antics my family used to get in at the stadium... has the statute of limitations run out? Drinking with Howard Cosell in the stands... Marching with the band at halftime just because they were feeling no pain... Yeah, it's changed.
                                                                      The admin wants it that way. If you want it changed it's going to take a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post

Seems like ND fans with tickets are smart. Sell your tix to a Cincy fan or watch BK run Jack Coan out there series after series?

As far the atmosphere at ND, the admin made a conscious decision years ago to change it to what it is. The antics my family used to get in at the stadium... has the statute of limitations run out? Drinking with Howard Cosell in the stands... Marching with the band at halftime just because they were feeling no pain... Yeah, it's changed.
                                                                        The admin wants it that way. If you want it changed it's going to take a lot.
                                                                        I wonder how “win one for the stripper” would go over nowadays.

(OK, that wouldn’t fly anywhere in the TV age.)

Comment

Well after watching the rest of college football today, I’m not as pissed. Seems it’s pretty much Alabama and Georgia plus two sacrificial lambs for the other two playoff spots.

With that said, that doesn’t make our weaknesses any better. You can’t spot a good team 10 points to start the game. We have an inept offense, which we’ve been able to navigate because we play clean football. Well you can’t be an inept offense AND turn the ball over because this is what happens. I think we all agree that Pyne should have started.

Where were our deep shots? Were we not able to get separation? It sucks watching Cincy hit chunks plays on seams and fades and we didn’t even try it today (besides Lenzy’s touchdown and look what happened).

Some of you are crazy with your talk about Buchner being Hendrix and giving up on Kevin Austin. Probably some of our most raw talent guys who will be key to next year. Buchner has maybe 30 snaps this year and you think he’s Andrew Hendrix? Lol. Your complaint should be that they should let him run the full playbook. With Austin, this is his first full year of playing. You saw the stud at Fl St and Wisconsin. We saw dud at Purdue and today. Give it time because the guy can ball when it comes together.

Defensively - idk. Seemed like our pressure wasn’t getting home whatsoever until Foskey decided got some heat. This put our linebackers in terrible situations in the pass game. Run defense was phenomenal though. No idea why we went to the dollar prevent defense right before half and let them score a touchdown so easily. That to me, felt like it won them the game going into half at 17-0 instead of 10-0.

All in all, we have talent just need to pick a QB and establish an offensive identity and the rest of the season should be fun.

Comment

You’re missing the point. You’re stressing the desire for UC to want the tickets. The problem is the opportunity to even have them.

Comment

• #88

You’re missing the point. You’re stressing the desire for UC to want the tickets. The problem is the opportunity to even have them.
                                                                              The issue is with ND's fanbase being nation wide and not being able to attend every game. If I had season tickets I wouldn't be able to hit every game maybe 2 or 3 and the rest I would need to sell or leave the seats empty

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Start Pyne and don’t look back. At least now, we won’t watch them get their rear-ends reamed by Georgia in the bowl game.
                                                                                Running the damn ball since 2017.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

The issue is with ND's fanbase being nation wide and not being able to attend every game. If I had season tickets I wouldn't be able to hit every game maybe 2 or 3 and the rest I would need to sell or leave the seats empty
                                                                                  Isnt South Bend full of crazed ND fans ?

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    I’ll start with a nitpick on Freeman. I don’t think we play good situational defense. Last weeks pick sixes covered this up a bit. He needs to get better at using the change up more effectively. You simply cannot give up a 5 play 80 yard drive in 1 minute before half. And, it’s been that way before and after half on a few occasions now.

Oh, and stop dropping Foskey. He’s our best pass rusher and I counted 3 drops in pass rush situations in the first half. Let the best pass rushers, you know, rush the passer.

As others have said, Pyne should’ve started. We win if he starts. We all thought that going in. We all feel that way coming out. Very bizarre that they didn’t agree.

This OL and for the most part this offense feels really toxic. Not like they hate each other when BVG was here but very dysfunctional. Kelly continues to just gloss over how bad this OL is. And the dismissal of Pyne as starting QB going in is absurd. You lost this game because of that decision and that is your response? Crazy.

I loved BK’s halftime speech/message. But of course when it came to implementing it, they benched the QB they should’ve never started and a WR. Did any of the OL lose snaps besides Correll. STANDARDS. We have so many STANDARDS. They know all about the STANDARDS. You guys get it yet. There are STANDARDS. Apparently those standards only apply to some?

If we removed the names Quinn and Rees from the conversation and these were just random coaches on random teams. These results are not acceptable.

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      -Not sure why the coaches are not seeing how ridiculous the QB rotation looks. Average fans could see after two quarters last week that Pyne gives this team the best chance to win. Buchner if he is going to be effective at all needs to be allowed to throw the football within the normal offense. But neither he nor Coan should have started this game.
                                                                                      -Why is our Oline so bad?? We recruit fairly well there, is it strength and conditioning or is it coaching and scheme? They look pretty bad.
                                                                                      -Been saying I don’t agree with this defensive scheme. I think the style is particularly flawed on the college level. It seems to require certain types of players, who aren’t on this roster as of yet. I see few in game adjustments and little game situational awareness.
                                                                                      -On both sides of the ball there seems to be an insistence to play and be something that this team just doesn’t seem to be. It’s better when coaches, ask players to do things that they can do and are good at rather than something that you want that particular position to be able to do.
                                                                                      -I feel like I have said this a couple times already this year, but ego and scheme are holding this team back, and the inability to recognize this and do something different is what is defining the limits of Coach Kelly’s success.
                                                                                      Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        We’ve had a long relationship with being losers when it counts the most, particularly in the big games. One would think the trajectory of the program would reflect a gutted out entity.

Yet, the corporatization of Notre Dame has been stellar at maintaining a viable aesthetic built on histrionics. It’s become necessary economics to maintain the image we project. It’s warped any chance of the media being fair and balanced when covering this program, because we hide in the shadow of our history when we lose, and inflate the illusion of our future when we win. Hence, the haters that never give us credit. And the homers that always give way too much.

The University has a vested interest in keeping the money flowing, and it does. Even your most jaded administrator at ND recognizes the need to sell the sport. Yet, the harsh truth remains that our winningest coach still hasn’t exorcised the ghost that continues to plague us, and it’s not an RKG thing. It’s that his squads continually falter when the competition is slightly greater. The red flags are often covered up by possibilities that are always seemingly a year or two away from the pinnacle.

It’s a draining experience. We haven’t won a title in over 30 years, yet we’re still supposed to feel like we’re Notre Dame. THEE Notre Dame. Every diehard fan knows it, feels the fatigue of that duality of play like a champion with a mediocrity that always brings us back down to earth. Yet, cosmetics don’t win games. They don’t make coaches better or players play with more heart.

I think most fans know the deal. At least fans who have been loyal to ND beyond a couple of decades. Losing a hard fought game is one thing. Losing a must-win game in predictable fashion is like the decades-long pandemic of sitting down in ND stadium. It’s oddly sour, typically lazy, superficially beneficial to the opponent, and sadly expected.

Swarbrick can’t buy us heart and expertise when it comes to the passion and focus necessary to win like the best of them. We need a coach that can hire the guys who train our players to win on the biggest stage, and fire the ones who fail to do so. Kelly needs ultimatums and tough love. No title = No carte blanche.

Bottomline: Stop calling up the past when selling Notre Dame, and face defeat without leaning on branding. Make the necessary adjustments NOW.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Did anyone notice how much time Pyne had behind the line compared to Coan? Did UC change their defense when Pyne was in?

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            It all boils down to one thing:

Desmond Ridder is a very good college quarterback, and runs Cincys offense almost seamlessly

Brian Kelly has been at Notre Dame for over a DECADE and has yet to have a quarterback able to even consistently run the offense, much less seamlessly

We dont need Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. We need Desmond Ridder. This shouldnt be so damn difficult.

I digress……

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post

We dont need Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields. We need Desmond Ridder. This shouldnt be so damn difficult.

Yep,… sums it up nicely.
                                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                                                It all boils down to one thing:

Desmond Ridder is a very good college quarterback, and runs Cincys offense almost seamlessly

Brian Kelly has been at Notre Dame for over a DECADE and has yet to have a quarterback able to even consistently run the offense, much less seamlessly

I digress……

Desmond Ridder is not a good QB. ND lost because the offense is trash.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Bluto View Post

Desmond Ridder is not a good QB. ND lost because the offense is trash.
                                                                                                  I mean he is okay, and will be drafted bc he's a qb. But there's no way he's in a higher tier as a college qb than book was.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                    I’ll start with a nitpick on Freeman. I don’t think we play good situational defense. Last weeks pick sixes covered this up a bit. He needs to get better at using the change up more effectively. You simply cannot give up a 5 play 80 yard drive in 1 minute before half. And, it’s been that way before and after half on a few occasions now.

Oh, and stop dropping Foskey. He’s our best pass rusher and I counted 3 drops in pass rush situations in the first half. Let the best pass rushers, you know, rush the passer.

As others have said, Pyne should’ve started. We win if he starts. We all thought that going in. We all feel that way coming out. Very bizarre that they didn’t agree.

This OL and for the most part this offense feels really toxic. Not like they hate each other when BVG was here but very dysfunctional. Kelly continues to just gloss over how bad this OL is. And the dismissal of Pyne as starting QB going in is absurd. You lost this game because of that decision and that is your response? Crazy.

I loved BK’s halftime speech/message. But of course when it came to implementing it, they benched the QB they should’ve never started and a WR. Did any of the OL lose snaps besides Correll. STANDARDS. We have so many STANDARDS. They know all about the STANDARDS. You guys get it yet. There are STANDARDS. Apparently those standards only apply to some?

If we removed the names Quinn and Rees from the conversation and these were just random coaches on random teams. These results are not acceptable.
                                                                                                    Kristofic and Alt both played. A not insignificant amount too. LT, LG, and RG.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

I mean he is okay, and will be drafted bc he's a qb. But there's no way he's in a higher tier as a college qb than book was.
                                                                                                      I don’t think he gets drafted. He didn’t carve up ND and he got a major assist on some shitty safety play on some serious ducks he threw up.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X