Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Game: Cincinatti

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post Game: Cincinatti

    My thoughts:

    https://youtu.be/jLBYymNZpWQ

  • #2
    I mean, we're not a very good team right now this was bound to happen sooner or later. Even with a very good OL, Coan wouldn't be anything but average. Hopefully we go with Pyne and try to get TB12 developed. I'm scared what the future will be be if he turns into Hendrix.
    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

    Comment


    • #3
      BK and Rees had to be the only two people in the country who thought Coan should start. BK just said in the post game presser that they never considered going to Pyne in the first half.

      Unbelievable.

      Comment


      • #4
        We will now be ranked behind Michigan and as we all know, they can fuck off, so what does that say about us?

        Comment


        • #5
          Who would have thought when BK was hired that QB would be the one position he’d just never get right,… idk even what to say on that anymore. I still feel grateful he’s the head coach but now (this season not just this game) feel more than I ever have that he’s taken things as far as he can/will,…
          There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

          Comment


          • #6
            We win the game by 10+ with Pyne starting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NDRock View Post
              I'm scared what the future will be be if he turns into Hendrix.
              Welcome to spooky season
              There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ridder wasn't great... But he was way better than anything ND was trotting out there.

                I'm done with the Buchner package too. Pissed away two drives in the first half of that crap.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I saw people saying that they weren’t better than us. They are though. They’re better coached and better disciplined and didn’t make a bunch of dumbass mistakes. They’re NOT more talented which means this loss is on the coaches.
                  60% of the time, it works every time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The misspelling is just chef’s kiss.

                    My actual thoughts:

                    Gotta be Pyne. I’ll also don’t think Pyne is that good but Coan and Buchner both lack pocket composure and awareness at this stage.

                    The OL got a UC DL that was dropping everyone and will mask that they are still the main problem. Being able to drop 8 is a OL issue not a reason to look at a box score and say they weren’t that bad.

                    WRs lack focus and a bit of toughness. Great TD by Lenzy but everything he does still looks clunky in short and intermediate. Austin may have a mental check out issue.

                    UC had a good game plan to not let Ridder hold it long enough to have our DL be an issue all game.

                    They exposed the LBs in coverage. But that’s what happens when your DBs aren’t competent enough to take them off the field. Most LBs would get exposed in the same situations.

                    Lewis is beginning to be problem. I noticed it last week. His instincts don’t seem as strong, idk if it’s the boundary field switch or what. Whenever the WR curls he’s playing too off to not get beat deep. When he is asked to play close he can’t jam.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                      Ridder wasn't great... But he was way better than anything ND was trotting out there.

                      I'm done with the Buchner package too. Pissed away two drives in the first half of that crap.
                      Yup. Play calling seems mostly random.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                        Ridder wasn't great... But he was way better than anything ND was trotting out there.

                        I'm done with the Buchner package too. Pissed away two drives in the first half of that crap.
                        I’m so tired of other programs developing these QBs,… it seems like every year at least a third of our schedule has a QB the level of which ND hasn’t had since Brady,…

                        also, yeah if TB can’t throw down field then just bench him until he can or at least allow him to try.
                        There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That’s about right. Coaching staff needs to take this one on the chin. I don’t want to hear any hyperbole by Kelly in the presser. This was on the staff big time!

                          The game plan was all over the place and the team has yet to find an identity. Part of that is because the coaches aren’t identifying what the team is good at. Why not?

                          I don’t give a rats ass if Kelly has 1000 wins in his career. That is in the past and quit resting on your past success. If he feels like he has succeeded then he is the wrong guy. No rest until you have accomplished the goal, which is a National Championship. Losers don’t get on the bus next week.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

                            Welcome to spooky season
                            It really is. We're opening the season next year at Ohio State and we're looking at the real possibility of choosing between a poor man's Ian Book or a rich man's Andrew Hendrix. Either choice scares the shit out of me.
                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                              Who would have thought when BK was hired that QB would be the one position he’d just never get right,… idk even what to say on that anymore. I still feel grateful he’s the head coach but now (this season not just this game) feel more than I ever have that he’s taken things as far as he can/will,…
                              Ya, and who would have ever thought at this point in his career, he would lose to the team he left, at home! IMO, Tommy is in over his head, and Quinn is over his time.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post
                                BK and Rees had to be the only two people in the country who thought Coan should start. BK just said in the post game presser that they never considered going to Pyne in the first half.

                                Unbelievable.
                                This is how 2016 happened. Complete arrogance and/or stubbornness to change or the possibility of being wrong. It’s obvious at both QB and OL that changes are needed yet they refuse to do so. Until it’s too late.

                                Ill add, the difference did we just have way more talent than that team did which is hiding these massive coaching/recruiting failures.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Defense played pretty well. More than well enough to give us a chance.

                                  Im happy with the progress of our corners.

                                  Mayer is one tough SOB. He really gritted it out today.

                                  I predicted 10-2. Didn’t necessarily peg this weekend as a loss, but figured a couple would come at some point. Pyne is the QB that gives us the best chance to get to 10-2.

                                  Cain Madden continues to be our worst OL.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                    Who would have thought when BK was hired that QB would be the one position he’d just never get right,… idk even what to say on that anymore. I still feel grateful he’s the head coach but now (this season not just this game) feel more than I ever have that he’s taken things as far as he can/will,…
                                    Who would have thought that an offensive guru who claims to be able to manufacture points at will, wouldn't be able to get a "QB" (you know what I mean) at ND? We could Frankenstein one from his time here. Kizer's downfield passing, Book's legs, Rees clipboard holding was All-America level, Golson's moxie?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Kizer was actually pretty good in fairness,… forgot about DK
                                      There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                        The misspelling is just chef’s kiss.

                                        My actual thoughts:

                                        Gotta be Pyne. I’ll also don’t think Pyne is that good but Coan and Buchner both lack pocket composure and awareness at this stage.

                                        The OL got a UC DL that was dropping everyone and will mask that they are still the main problem. Being able to drop 8 is a OL issue not a reason to look at a box score and say they weren’t that bad.

                                        WRs lack focus and a bit of toughness. Great TD by Lenzy but everything he does still looks clunky in short and intermediate. Austin may have a mental check out issue.

                                        UC had a good game plan to not let Ridder hold it long enough to have our DL be an issue all game.

                                        They exposed the LBs in coverage. But that’s what happens when your DBs aren’t competent enough to take them off the field. Most LBs would get exposed in the same situations.

                                        Lewis is beginning to be problem. I noticed it last week. His instincts don’t seem as strong, idk if it’s the boundary field switch or what. Whenever the WR curls he’s playing too off to not get beat deep. When he is asked to play close he can’t jam.
                                        Lewis has been a problem ever since they moved him to the boundary. It’s not a good fit for him at all. It’s done wonders for Cam Heart though. So moving Heart to field from boundary has been a plus for him. Moving Lewis from field to boundary has been a negative for him. So in conclusion ND has two field corners lol. Maybe Bracy should get some time a boundary? IDK


                                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Maybe BK goes to USC and we get Fickell

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            I would not mind BK taking over the offense the rest of the year.
                                            It was his blunder promoting Rees so he should get in and fix it up.
                                            I think we can have a reasonable offense with Pyne.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              I was at the game. Reminded me of when we lost to Georgia. Their fans were in it all 4 quarters. Our dumb ass fans were out the door with the fourth still on the line. I’m as critical, if not more than most, of fan as the best of them. Our team deserved to lose. But we have some loser fans too. Entitled is the better word.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by NDRock View Post

                                                It really is. We're opening the season next year at Ohio State and we're looking at the real possibility of choosing between a poor man's Ian Book or a rich man's Andrew Hendrix. Either choice scares the shit out of me.
                                                Eh,… change things up,… it’s better to get blown out early than late (at least that’s what we’ll all tell ourselves ).
                                                There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Pretty sad when your two backfield offensive weapons have to stay back to block on passing downs. Also don't see much on either side of the ball that would ever see the field for a team like Alabama.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Oh, and Rees, we know what plays you are calling, man. A blind man knows. No disrespect to the blind. It’s just that obvious.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      On the plus side I can start recording games and going hunting.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post

                                                        Who would have thought that an offensive guru who claims to be able to manufacture points at will, wouldn't be able to get a "QB" (you know what I mean) at ND? We could Frankenstein one from his time here. Kizer's downfield passing, Book's legs, Rees clipboard holding was All-America level, Golson's moxie?
                                                        He had a real chance early on to make this a QB destination. He signed Golson, Kiel, Zaire, Kizer, Wimbush in his first 5 years. All of them had some elite traits and the potential to be really good quarterbacks. Only guy drafter was Kizer and he didn't seem to really develop. Seems like these high school recruits figured out that ND is not the place to go. PJ obviously didn't work out and we'll see about TB.
                                                        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by ND88 View Post
                                                          I was at the game. Reminded me of when we lost to Georgia. Their fans were in it all 4 quarters. Our dumb ass fans were out the door with the fourth still on the line. I’m as critical, if not more than most, of fan as the best of them. Our team deserved to lose. But we have some loser fans too. Entitled is the better word.
                                                          All I could think of watching it on TV, I am sure the recruits were really impressed with the fan base.....NOT! The stadium wasn't as red as the Georgia game, but looked pretty bad.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by NDRock View Post

                                                            It really is. We're opening the season next year at Ohio State and we're looking at the real possibility of choosing between a poor man's Ian Book or a rich man's Andrew Hendrix. Either choice scares the shit out of me.
                                                            You're forgetting next year's Jack Coan...

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Last week’s win made us look better than we were. Shame the home streak had to end but let’s be honest this team is very unremarkable and anyone that was thinking playoffs or NY6 this year were maybe had a bit too much of the kool aid. Hopefully we have a good year and beat USC/win the bowl but 8-9 wins may be our ceiling
                                                              Love comics, games, and pro-wrestling almost as much as the Irish? Visit my geek culture blog @ www.facebook.com/athleticgeek89 geek out and Go Irish!

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post
                                                                BK and Rees had to be the only two people in the country who thought Coan should start. BK just said in the post game presser that they never considered going to Pyne in the first half.

                                                                Unbelievable.
                                                                Does it surprise you, though? Rees shouldn't be an OC anywhere, let alone ND, and Kelly's "search" for the next OC consisted of being lazy and waddling his ass 10 feet down the hall to Rees' office.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  What happened to the bubble screens? It would really help the line out.
                                                                  Turnovers hurt bad, but their missed field goals kind of balanced that out.

                                                                  UC played better and deserved to win.
                                                                  Disappointed, but wasn't expecting to go undefeated. We'll see if the team rallies around Pyne and they can string a few more wins together.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    The most important play of the year was....... Blake Fisher getting hurt. J/K sorta
                                                                    Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by ND88 View Post
                                                                      Oh, and Rees, we know what plays you are calling, man. A blind man knows. No disrespect to the blind. It’s just that obvious.
                                                                      I may be in the minority but I’m not going to blame Tommy. He is not on the field whiffing on blocks, getting drilled while throwing a ball up for grabs that gets intercepted, wearing #4 and having more drops than catches once again, he is not a 5th year senior RT who has mental errors with false starts or the same 5th year RT who gets called for holding after a first down run on a key first quarter 3rd down conversion that could have changed the complexity of the game early on.


                                                                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by NDMatt91 View Post

                                                                        Does it surprise you, though? Rees shouldn't be an OC anywhere, let alone ND, and Kelly's "search" for the next OC consisted of being lazy and waddling his ass 10 feet down the hall to Rees' office.
                                                                        Yes - I'm surprised BK can still be a huge moron despite winning so many games here.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Jimmy3Putt View Post
                                                                          What happened to the bubble screens? It would really help the line out.
                                                                          Turnovers hurt bad, but their missed field goals kind of balanced that out.

                                                                          UC played better and deserved to win.
                                                                          Disappointed, but wasn't expecting to go undefeated. We'll see if the team rallies around Pyne and they can string a few more wins together.
                                                                          Missed field goals absolutely doesn’t balance out turnovers giving Cincy the ball inside your 20.


                                                                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post

                                                                            Yes - I'm surprised BK can still be a huge moron despite winning so many games here.
                                                                            But how many of those wins would qualify as signature wins? I can only think of 3, and the Clemson win was only possible because Lawrence had COVID.

                                                                            2012 Stanford
                                                                            2013 Michigan State
                                                                            2020 Clemson
                                                                            Last edited by NDMatt91; 10-04-2021, 08:02 AM.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post

                                                                              Yes - I'm surprised BK can still be a huge moron despite winning so many games here.
                                                                              Definitely not a moron but he’s got a blind spot when it comes to hiring assistants. Or maybe just values the chemistry of the coaches over other things. It just seems like some of the best assistants and coordinators we’ve had here were the guys he brought in from outside his comfort zone.
                                                                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                We definitely win that game if Pyne starts.

                                                                                But everyone who's been paying attention knows we aren't playoff caliber this year, and Cinci is definitely the best team on our schedule this year, so it may be a disguised blessing to just get the loss out of the way.

                                                                                Start Pyne and work on developing Buchner here on out. Move on from Austin and Lenzy in favor of Styles and Colzie. Might as well bench Lugg and Madden in favor of younger guys too. Time to play for the future.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                  You're forgetting next year's Jack Coan...
                                                                                  I refuse to acknowledge that reality. He needs to go play lacrosse.
                                                                                  "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Just got home from the game:
                                                                                    -Too much red, hate that ND fans always sell their tickets
                                                                                    -great crowd, first time in a long time most of the fans in my section and the sections around stood for most of the game.
                                                                                    -agree this is on the coaches, Coan should not play again, as someone else said it is 2016 all over again and he needs to go with one QB. I do not believe we lose if Pyne played the entire game.
                                                                                    -wtf is with our “top” players dropping the ball? Lenzy at Wiscy and Austin again today and Tyree on fielding a KO. Big momentum killers.
                                                                                    -did not expect to go undefeated but never should have lost this game. Unprepared, IMO the defense regressed from last two weeks. Very little pressure on the QB

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

                                                                                      I may be in the minority but I’m not going to blame Tommy. He is not on the field whiffing on blocks, getting drilled while throwing a ball up for grabs that gets intercepted, wearing #4 and having more drops than catches once again, he is not a 5th year senior RT who has mental errors with false starts or the same 5th year RT who gets called for holding after a first down run on a key first quarter 3rd down conversion that could have changed the complexity of the game early on.


                                                                                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                      I’m definitely not disagreeing with this aspect of the game. Players need to play the right way. You’re absolutely correct to hold the players accountable.

                                                                                      However, there are times when he’s playing a hand that the entire football nation knows the dude doesn’t have. Four games in, you have a decent feel for your guys. Take the Tyler Buchner experiment. What is that shit? I hate the coach-speak about giving him the same plays as the other QBs, and then when we see the kid come in, he’s QB up the middle or handing it off into a 3rd and long on an obvious pass. This is unacceptable.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Probably for the best we got this loss out of the way. If we started Pyne and win out we would be in for another embarrassing playoff loss

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                          Time to play for the future.
                                                                                          This is it right here.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46


                                                                                            Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                            We definitely win that game if Pyne starts.
                                                                                            Agreed.

                                                                                            But everyone who's been paying attention knows we aren't playoff caliber this year, and Cinci is definitely the best team on our schedule this year, so it may be a disguised blessing to just get the loss out of the way.
                                                                                            Agreed.

                                                                                            Start Pyne and work on developing Buchner here on out. Move on from Austin and Lenzy in favor of Styles and Colzie. Might as well bench Lugg and Madden in favor of younger guys too. Time to play for the future.
                                                                                            Agreed on QB, BUT...couple thoughts on the rest:

                                                                                            * Can't put "green" QBs AND WRs out there. Of they ride with Pyne (and they should), they have to role with Austin and Lenzy. I do think that Colzie and Styles should get more burn though.
                                                                                            * If they haven't benched Lugg and Madden by now, only way they're coming off the field is on a stretcher it seems.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                              We definitely win that game if Pyne starts.

                                                                                              But everyone who's been paying attention knows we aren't playoff caliber this year, and Cinci is definitely the best team on our schedule this year, so it may be a disguised blessing to just get the loss out of the way.

                                                                                              Start Pyne and work on developing Buchner here on out. Move on from Austin and Lenzy in favor of Styles and Colzie. Might as well bench Lugg and Madden in favor of younger guys too. Time to play for the future.
                                                                                              Disagree UC is the best team on the schedule. I think next week’s game will be tougher. UNC. UC has two losses the majority of the time if those games are played again 10 times.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Lenzy played okay today but will probably transfer next year.
                                                                                                Austin is very disappointing but will probably come back next season so persist with him.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

                                                                                                  Missed field goals absolutely doesn’t balance out turnovers giving Cincy the ball inside your 20.


                                                                                                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                                                                  Of course you're right, but they marched up and down the field at will after the first half. The points would've come eventually if the turn overs didn't happen. Without the big lead they would've been more aggressive in the red zone.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Expected this to be a rebuilding year even before the major injuries. Regardless, Cincinnati isn’t top 5 team good in a normal year. ND plays a clean game and they win.

                                                                                                    100% should Start Pyne from here on out & work Buchner in to prepare for next year.

                                                                                                    Win 10 games in the regular season in a rebuilding year and I’ll be happy.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X