12.50%
    Wisconsin: 14-20
    4.69%
    Wisconsin: 21-49
    0%
    Wisconsin: 50+
    1.56%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 09-23-2021, 09:27 AM.
    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Standings through three weeks; TKO is running away with it....

IE Standings.png
    Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 09-23-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

zone reads for 3 yard losses will pile up. Rees will square peg round hole the shit out of what doesn't work and it'll cost us.

Comment

My random prediction is that Joe Alt catches a pass.

Comment

Did you guys know ND's QB used to play for Whisky?? You all hear about this?? ND also has never lost a Shamrock Series game... amazing.

Badgers bigly,....

At least we won't get blown out in the playoffs this year...
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

My winning streak starts at Purdue: Irish 31-Badgers 10. Mertz is overwhelmed and the Irish defense looks dominant for the first time this year. The offense has some big plays, Buchner hits Lenzy deep while Coan throws two TDs to Kevin Austin and Avery Davis. O Line looks competent. Vegas is embarrassed. Irish continue to win games. Michigan State 2017 vibes here, but it’s the passing game that does the heavy lifting.

Comment

This is the Jack Coan Revenge Game.

Irish, 34-21.

Coan tosses 4 TD's, include two 35+, and Doerer adds a couple of field goals for insurance.

Wisconsin scores a couple early, but can't keep up as Mertz struggles in the second half when Freeman adjusts to stop Wiscy's run game.

Comment

Wisconsin defense is tough. We will need to execute well, and have a better game plan than previous weeks. I wish Tommy did more of his Clemson game plan with shifts (ala the 4th down touchdown to kyren). Would be really effective with all the weapons we have.

If I see a good offensive game plan, then I could see Lions prediction of 34 points be possible (would then depend on execution). If I don't, which unfortunately is my expectation, then I think we cap at about 20-25. I think the defense will rise to the occasion this week though. They seem to have a chip on their shoulder, and I think they want to prove they are a great unit still. So I think they can hold Wisconsin to 15-20 points.

Considering I see this as a close, low scoring game, I think it will come down to coaching and culture. The Irish over the last few years have shown that they handle close game situations really well. They seem to have that confidence in those moments that they will ultimately win, and then they go find that way to win. That is why I'm picking them.

Final score will be 24-20, Irish.
                Last edited by DONTH8; 09-23-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                  Standings through three weeks; TKO is running away with it....

IE Standings.png
                  Also, thank you for keeping track of this Bloke!

Does the person who ends up with the most correct predictions learn what DeVonte did?

But seriously, thank you. Makes this more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                    Wisconsin defense is tough. We will need to execute well, and have a better game plan than previous weeks. I wish Tommy did more of his Clemson game plan with shifts (ala the 4th down touchdown to kyren). Would be really effective with all the weapons we have.

If I see a good offensive game plan, then I could see Lions prediction of 34 points be possible. If I don't, which unfortunately is my expectation, then I think we cap at about 20-25. I think the defense will rise to the occasion this week though. they seem to have a chip on their shoulder, and I think they want to prove they are a great unit still. So I think they can hold Wisconsin to 15-20 points.

Considering I see this as a close, low scoring game, I think it will come down to coaching and culture. The Irish over the last few years have shown that they handle close game situations really well. They seem to have that confidence in those moments that they will ultimately win, and then they go find that way to win. That is why I'm picking them.

Final score will be 24-20, Irish.
                    Spot on.

Hope we put a couple on the board early and it turns into a passing game as they are forced to go to the air to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

Also, thank you for keeping track of this Bloke!

Does the person who ends up with the most correct predictions learn what DeVonte did?

But seriously, thank you. Makes this more fun.
                      lmao, this is hilarious.

No problem man, it's easy enough to do and makes it interesting to see who is the most accurate and who is the second least accurate to ACamp

Comment

I have a hard time seeing ND winning this game. Badgers win 24-17.

Comment

27-14

Wisconsin ain't shit.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                            zone reads for 3 yard losses will pile up. Rees will square peg round hole the shit out of what doesn't work and it'll cost us.
                            This is my biggest concern. That we are not creative nor up for the task on offense. It's a defensive slugfest and the score is close. I never publicly bet against ND so I said 1-6 ND win. I'll go 17-13 for ND.

Comment

Sadly I think the damn breaks this week. We've been skirting by so far, and the Badgers are the best team we've played yet. Not that Wisconsin is a juggernaut. But they seem to be the best of the 4 we've faced, with a quality head coach to boot. (Maybe Purdue is superior, time will tell).

Our run offense just hasn't been good (106 yd/gm, #101 nationally), combine that with Wisky's solid run D over 2 games (33 yd/gm, #2 nationally). Small sample size for sure, but I see us struggling to score enough.

Our D has not been good against the run overall (148 yd/gm, #69 nationally), combine THAT with Wisconsin's run happy offense (263 yd/gm, #10 nationally).

I think we wear down defensively late in the game. Wisconsin up 20-17 overpowers us with a late TD drive to cap the game 27-17 Wisconsin.

Hopefully I am wrong, hopefully the O plays better, and hopefully the D gives a repeat or enhanced version of week 3 against Purdue. But I am not counting on it. Too much hoping for me.
                              When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

First team to 20 wins - unfortunately I don't think either team gets there without a defensive score. I fear our offense tries too hard to establish the run resulting in some short series and constantly playing behind the sticks while the defense does their job keeping us in the game. Our punt units lose ground all game giving Badgers one more FG than us to win 13-10.

Comment

We can’t pretend we have an offensive line. We don’t. Only way we win is if defense scores. Otherwise, I see this as a 17-10 Wisconsin win.

Comment

Spread out those Badger linebackers and get our playmakers in 1-on-1 matchups. Dial up draws so we keep them guessing. Instantly regretted going with Wis by 1-6 but if ND gets the win, I’ll happily be sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                      My random prediction is that Joe Alt catches a pass.
                                      For a TD on a fourth and goal from the 2

Comment

ND by more than a touchdown.

The Lenzy Game.

Comment

Bunch of cowards in this thread,… sky is falling in every thread on this board all week long yet when it’s time to put you’re name on it you piss your pants,… look on in awe at my wisky by 50+ and bend a knee you 'claim to be pessimistic’ peasants
                                          Last edited by ACamp1900; 09-24-2021, 01:52 PM.
                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

Aaron watching other IE members try to be pessimistic:

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post
                                              Sadly I think the damn breaks this week. We've been skirting by so far, and the Badgers are the best team we've played yet. Not that Wisconsin is a juggernaut. But they seem to be the best of the 4 we've faced, with a quality head coach to boot. (Maybe Purdue is superior, time will tell).

Our run offense just hasn't been good (106 yd/gm, #101 nationally), combine that with Wisky's solid run D over 2 games (33 yd/gm, #2 nationally). Small sample size for sure, but I see us struggling to score enough.

Our D has not been good against the run overall (148 yd/gm, #69 nationally), combine THAT with Wisconsin's run happy offense (263 yd/gm, #10 nationally).

I think we wear down defensively late in the game. Wisconsin up 20-17 overpowers us with a late TD drive to cap the game 27-17 Wisconsin.

Hopefully I am wrong, hopefully the O plays better, and hopefully the D gives a repeat or enhanced version of week 3 against Purdue. But I am not counting on it. Too much hoping for me.
                                              Raw numbers don’t tell the full story.

Wisconsin ranks 36th in rushing success rate, 86th in rushing explosiveness

ND ranks 17th in rushing success rate against, 126th in rushing explosiveness against.

Strength on strength and weakness on weakness, not strength on weakness like the raw numbers say. I’m also way more inclined to say NDs defending explosiveness is due for positive regression than Wisconsin’s to show improvement

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Raw numbers don’t tell the full story.

Wisconsin ranks 36th in rushing success rate, 86th in rushing explosiveness

ND ranks 17th in rushing success rate against, 126th in rushing explosiveness against.

Strength on strength and weakness on weakness, not strength on weakness like the raw numbers say. I’m also way more inclined to say NDs defending explosiveness is due for positive regression than Wisconsin’s to show improvement
                                                I'll go with that. Would be great to see Saturday
                                                When God does the big things, the little people get drawn in too. Human systems often forget that, but God doesn’t.- N.T. Wright "from "Simply Jesus"

Comment

I think Wisconsin will be more physical than the teams we’ve played. Coan will get beat up if we go with the plan we’ve seen so far. I don’t think he lasts the game without some change in game plan. We may get to see If Buch can do more than run the wildcat.

Comment

I think we see different parts of the playbook kept underwraps, like Clemson last year. Not a ton, but some.

Comment

We're going to dink and dunk all damn day!! Then we will air it out for 3 TDs and an RB will break a 40+ to finish with around 70 on the entire day. Irish win by double digits
                                                      I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

I honestly think this game is as simple as who scores the first touchdown wins.

Wisconsin isnt built to come back from a double digit deficit, they are built to get a lead and hold it.

If we can score early, this game is over in a good way. If we cant score early, this game is over in a bad way.

There is zero chance of late game heroics or adjustments tomorrow IMO. Whoever shows up more prepared and ready to execute at opening kickoff wins.

I feel like Wisconsin is a stronger and more disciplined version of Stanford, who has been a perpetual thorn in NDs side. I fully expect an ugly game that will be downright stressful to watch.

ND 16 WISKY 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                        Last edited by IrishSteelhead; 09-24-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

What Wisconsin does well we stop, what we do well they don't. If we get up 2 TDs in the first half it's Jessica Smetana bar the door because I think the Graham cracker crumbles under our pass rush with no running game available.

BUT, I think it takes a while for the offense to get rolling and we methodically choke them out for a workmanlike 28 - 17 victory that still lets the doomsday preppers moan while taking nothing off the table for season long goals.

Comment

If the catchers can catch we will be okay. I have doubts they can catch though.

Comment

Notre Dame 27
                                                              Wisconsin 24

Comment

ND by 2 with last minute FG - 18-16 (ugly game, ugly scores, ugly win....did i mention ugly??)
                                                                YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

It was around 2:10 last Saturday. I was approaching Notre Dame stadium when a younger gentleman wearing a black t-shirt with a P emblem on the front yelled “Purdue by 100!”. Internally I chuckled a little, but then I responded by sarcastically saying “when is the last time Purdue scored 100 points?” Without hesitation the gentleman said “ok,ok, Purdue by 99!”
                                                                  I reflected on this on and off throughout the game…. Did he wager money on Purdue winning by 99, or perhaps even 100? Why didn’t I try to get in on that money. Does he know something I don’t know, or is he just a Purdue homer?
                                                                  Five minutes into the game Purdue takes the leads 3-0. Damn, this guy knew something!
                                                                  Kyren scores on a receiving TD! Woohoo no way we lose by 100. Go ND!…. ND goes on to beat Purdue by 14.
                                                                  You might think you know where this is heading…
                                                                  Enter this week…
                                                                  Monday comes and the the team thinks there’s no chance ND wins. The team gets beaten down I practice on Tuesday but realizes on Wednesday they have a shot. By the time Friday comes around they think there’s no way they’re capable of losing! (Sorry for the misquote)
                                                                  This week felt the same. On Monday there wasn’t a chance. Kurt Hinish out, even less of a chance. Wednesday comes and we realize their secondary is vulnerable. On Thursday, we get reminders that Kyren was a preseason Heisman darkhorse and Coan had a Heisman worthy week one. Are we too hard on our boys???
                                                                  Dropkick Murphy's….
                                                                  Are you scared….
                                                                  ”Kyle Hamilton with a spectacular play for his 4th interception of the year!!!”
                                                                  Notre Dame- 100
                                                                  Wisconsin- 0

Comment

Notre Dame - 30

Wisconsin - 20

Comment

Notre Dame covers for sure. That line is stupid and the team should take it personally

Comment

Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                        27-14

Wisconsin ain't shit.

Wisconsin.

Ain't.

Shit.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyok1 View Post

Gladly eating crow today. Defense looks to have finally gelled. This is HUGE. O-Line still is weak. But, a 3rd string QB helping bring us a big W is a good sign.

Comment

Can’t believe I didn’t take ND 21+……..what the hell was I thinking!!??

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X