Inside The Garage Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside The Garage Podcast

Has anyone listened to the first episode? It is a podcast hosted by Kyle Hamilton, KJ Wallace, Cam Hart, and Conor Ratigan. It is a really good and funny listen. They kinda don't put a filter on things and they tell it how it is. I absolutely love it.

Also, they have signed a deal with Colin Cowherd and The Volume Sports

I am 10 minutes in, hopefully they get different players in. Maybe have 3 regulars and a different 4th each week.

Comment

I can see them getting pulled back some by the coaches. All the talk about how they were trying to catch covid doesn't give a good look considering everyone talked about all they were doing to NOT get covid.
      I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
        I can see them getting pulled back some by the coaches. All the talk about how they were trying to catch covid doesn't give a good look considering everyone talked about all they were doing to NOT get covid.
        That and calling the University "like the cheapest institution in the world" were kind of bizarre things to share on a stage like that. I'm looking forward to Ep 2 to see if the coaches got in their ear and potentially pulled them back a bit.
        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

That and calling the University "like the cheapest institution in the world" were kind of bizarre things to share on a stage like that. I'm looking forward to Ep 2 to see if the coaches got in their ear and potentially pulled them back a bit.
          Ha! Yeah didn't even think about that. I also imagine Cowturd/Volume will have some input and help in getting them off and running the right direction... I hope.
          I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

In the context, I took it as coaches paying recruits, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I loved it...minus one of them saying "facts" about a million times.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                I loved it...minus one of them saying "facts" about a million times.
                Facts...

I enjoyed it, I do feel like they covered 20 topics which could have been covered in several shows rather than speed running them.

Comment

Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                  nah, let the chillun play.

They are fresh, uninhibited and will make money from the podcast. that is what NIL is about

When I plyaed high school football, our coach, a WWII vet would not let us take our helmets off on the sideloine:

"Cover your head!! Don't let them see what you look like?

It's different now.

Let ND lead the nation in player podcasts and let rivals, 247, espn, Si, suck hind tit.

+Their freeloading days are OVER!

the kids are all right!

I am more than proud to claim Hamilton, Hart, Ratigan and Wallace as fellow Domers.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

i liked it, but could deal without hearing FACTS every ten seconds....as many other alluded to...LISTENING to the 2nd episode and didn't realize it but it is #14 doing the FACTS
                    Last edited by PANDFAN; 08-02-2021, 09:48 AM.
                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

hmm, no third episode yet?

anoyone know anything?

Did they pull the plug?

Second one was great, far better than the first

Comment

might be difficult for them during camp and all

Comment

I would agree it might be tricky with camp going on. There was a tweet from their account yesterday so I don't think its been pulled. I wonder who is actually producing the podcast locally? Are they recording themselves and sending it to volume to put out?

Comment

Damn it, I fear the admin pulled the plug

The irish Illustrated podcasts with Omalley, Prister and Sampson are great,

but this was another level of insight.

Hamilton's recounting in Episode 2 of his tete a tete with Lawrence was a "tell" and worth the rest of the hour.

Their comments about being :"brainwashed" and liking it were so revealing.

And those four guys?

They are a reminder of why we shout

WE ARE ND.

Four fine young men. Let them speak....

Comment

They just posted last night the 3rd episode is coming. Camp has been kicking their butts. I don't know how to embed a tweet, sorry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                  Thanks to Donald and Clashmore Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let freedom ring!.

Thanks guys l Monday will be less manic..............

Comment

I thought this was pretty funny
                                    Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

They are back with a vengeance!

Football players are people too!

Death by fire and drowning?
                                      Seminole War Chant?
                                      rigors of camp
                                      Mike Tyson

and much much more

they are fun.

Comment

KYREN WILLIAMS IS A MAMA/S BOY!!

Who says so?

Kyren Williams in Episode four.

They are people, these football players, our people...

Go Irish

Comment

Post loss podcast is out. Good listen.

There is a short segment on ND fans. Supposedly KH received some pretty hateful DMs after the game.

Ridiculous.
                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post

There is a short segment on ND fans. Supposedly KH received some pretty hateful DMs after the game.

Ridiculous.
                                            It's a shame that this is happening in sports. I know it is pretty rampant in European soccer and they are trying to get social media owners to find a way to take a stand against it. People are dumb and realize athletes are people too.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

It's a shame that this is happening in sports. I know it is pretty rampant in European soccer and they are trying to get social media owners to find a way to take a stand against it. People are dumb and realize athletes are people too.
                                              Absolutely no place for it and it’s getting worse since people can often hide behind the veil of social media.

Comment

Thought it was a good listen, guys were obviously pissed about losing and weren't sure how to take it. Was happy to hear KH talk about having to be a leader in front of the younger guys and show them how to respond to the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post

Ridiculous.
                                                  Geez... one thing to get emotional on a message board after a loss (even that isn't good be we are all guilty here and there over the years) but to track down a college athlete on social media and go after them?? Complete scum.
                                                  This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

It was good to hear the view on how humbling it was to actually lose at home. They said Avery Davis is one of the only guys on the team to last lose at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Geez... one thing to get emotional on a message board after a loss (even that isn't good be we are all guilty here and there over the years) but to track down a college athlete on social media and go after them?? Complete scum.
                                                      No. I embrace it. It shows the stupidiity of fans, and the cowardice of hatred.

It's a life lesson, and one echoed in the Gospels of Christ

"Blessed are you when men shall revile you."

Hearken Back to when Braden Lenzy decommitted and was castigated by wimps. To hear Lenzy tell the story was heartening, as he matured by learning not to trust fans.

THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN, THESE ARE THE HANDS WE'RE GIVEN.

And, the greatest life lesson of all,

IT IS
                                                      triumphs over

I WANT.

I love these kids, all four of them, and they are my brother Domers.

When you see them as people, everything changes. I too misted up when Cam Hart got that interception against Wisconsin.

He was not just #5 some cyborg, he was Cam Hart, a person, whose roommates are known to us.

Players are people.

I am not as sure about fans.

Comment

Apparently on this podcast they said the captains from Cincy said they wouldn’t shake hands and told the Irish not to touch them. If this is true how does that not fire you up?!?
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                          Apparently on this podcast they said the captains from Cincy said they wouldn’t shake hands and told the Irish not to touch them. If this is true how does that not fire you up?!?
                                                          Honestly, the worst part of losing that game is that they were 1) a bad team 2) douchebags before the game. Last year's squad would've rolled them. Now they get to run around pounding their chests because we opted to shit the bed. I'm also sick and tired of every team scheduling a bye week before they play us.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Honestly, the worst part of losing that game is that they were 1) a bad team 2) douchebags before the game. Last year's squad would've rolled them. Now they get to run around pounding their chests because we opted to shit the bed. I'm also sick and tired of every team scheduling a bye week before they play us.
                                                            I agree with everything you said.
                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                              I had noticed some shit talking going on at center field at the coin flip. The camera was too quick with the shot to really figure out what was being said.
                                                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Anyone hear about what the ref said to Hamilton for the holding no call? Ridiculous and infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                                                                  Anyone hear about what the ref said to Hamilton for the holding no call? Ridiculous and infuriating.
                                                                  Last edited by clashmore_mike; 10-06-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                                                                    I interpret it something along the lines of “you’re too good to be held, you should get off the block before you get held” rather than “I don’t call holding against All-Americans”

Obviously if the ref knew it was holding he should have thrown the flag.

sounds like the ref was just being a little cheeky Witt Kyle.

Comment

Even if it’s a joke, it was an obvious hold on Kyle.

Comment

In the latest episode they said how VT crowd was much more intense and intimidating than fsu. They also mention how Kelly kept the teams spirits high and that was huge for them winning the game.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                          In the latest episode they said how VT crowd was much more intense and intimidating than fsu. They also mention how Kelly kept the teams spirits high and that was huge for them winning the game.
                                                                          nice nugget too and mentioned on ISD, When Tyler threw his first pick Kyle Hamilton went to him and told him to shake it off and after the game Tyler came back to Hamilton to let him know how much it meant to him that he said that to him at that time
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Should be an interesting listen tomorrow.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Should be an interesting listen tomorrow.
                                                                              Listened to the first four minutes. We have some awesome men in the program. I’m blown away by their response just hours after.

I loved Cam Harts response:
                                                                              ”I didn’t commit to Kelly, I committed to the school. I’ve had friends recruiting me to their schools already. I’ve had people ask me if I’m okay. Im fine. I committed to the school.”

Hamilton on next coach: “I think it should be Marcus Freeman”
                                                                              Last edited by BabyIrish; Yesterday, 05:37 AM.
                                                                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                did anyone listen to the twitter spaces live chat Mick Assaf hosted? Anyone got a summary if so?
                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                  did anyone listen to the twitter spaces live chat Mick Assaf hosted? Anyone got a summary if so?
                                                                                  It was long. Had a bunch of different current and former players speak including Hamilton Kmet, Book, Golic, and then Eli Raridan. No news from it really. Assaf says it's Freeman. Raridan is all in regardless but everyone will love it if it's Freeman. Most the players seem happy for Kelly and don't blame him but are obviously disappointed. They really above everyone else want ND to retain Balis. Raved about him. Book said Rees was the best coach he's ever had.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Does anyone think the players will miss their "relationship" with Kelly? Pretty clear the kids are closer to the assistants (especially Freeman). Only anxiety they probably have is what happens to the staff / possibly concerns with schematic changes on the field (more so for O)

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                    X