• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
    Heard Tom Hermannnn to USC
    Source?

Comment

• I'm not sure Fickell would even come to ND three years from now if he keeps this up.

They are in a power 5 conference now and would be just as good of a program. Would he leave Cincy where he can run the program as he sees fit to go to ND.....a program he already knows he can handle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
        I'm not sure Fickell would even come to ND three years from now if he keeps this up.

They are in a power 5 conference now and would be just as good of a program. Would he leave Cincy where he can run the program as he sees fit to go to ND.....a program he already knows he can handle?
        You love this shit. Cracks me up.
        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

I'm not sure Fickell would even come to ND three years from now if he keeps this up.

See this would be a solid question if you just left out the "just as good of a program" bit and maybe the "he already knows he can handle" bit.
          He only just beat a pretty weak ND team compared to the team we are use to fielding recently. If ND played them any other season apart from this season we would have violated them.

It is a good question though. I think he would come to ND because he would be thinking Cincy is only a good program right now because of me and I am going to make a similar improvement to the next place I coach and Cincy will regress.

Comment

Ah yes, Sea “Not a Troll” Turtle says UC would be just as good of a program as Notre Dame in 3 years.

Comment

• Puts my fake troll for giggles act to shame,… I’m like Ali facing Holmes here
              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

See this would be a solid question if you just left out the "just as good of a program" bit and maybe the "he already knows he can handle" bit.
                He only just beat a pretty weak ND team compared to the team we are use to fielding recently. If ND played them any other season apart from this season we would have violated them.

It is a good question though. I think he would come to ND because he would be thinking Cincy is only a good program right now because of me and I am going to make a similar improvement to the next place I coach and Cincy will regress.
                I don't mean historically good. What I mean is if he has similar seasons the next three years, they would be currently as good of a program as ND is. Why would he bolt for another team?

Yes, they handled ND on the road. Now there is no fear of being able to beat a team like ND at a school like Cincy. They are only going to get more talented.
                .I hope you're last paragraph is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Ah yes, Sea “Not a Troll” Turtle says UC would be just as good of a program as Notre Dame in 3 years.
                  No troll.

Yes, if Cincy has top 5 teams over the next 3 years, they would be currently as good of a program as ND. Not historically, but on the field.

Comment

No troll.

Yes, if Cincy has top 5 teams over the next 3 years, they would be currently as good of a program as ND. Not historically, but on the field.
                    I bet if Cincy wins a National championship in each of the next three years, Fickell would turn down the Alabama job.
                    "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

I don't mean historically good. What I mean is if he has similar seasons the next three years, they would be currently as good of a program as ND is. Why would he bolt for another team?

Yes, they handled ND on the road. Now there is no fear of being able to beat a team like ND at a school like Cincy. They are only going to get more talented.
                      .I hope you're last paragraph is correct.
                      You called out Dale as a troll? While you are the biggest troll on this site. Example why you are a troll: “They handled ND on the road”. You are probably the only poster on this site who thinks Cincy “handled”
                      Notre Dame and beat them down. Probably within the next few weeks once the Oline and QB situation has been figured out by Kelly this Notre Dame team would jail sex Cincy in a rematch. You are probably the only person in the world that would think this Cincy team would not get taken behind the woodshed by Georgia, Bama, OSU etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

I bet if Cincy wins a National championship in each of the next three years, Fickell would turn down the Alabama job.
                        Well that's kind of the point. If he turns Cincy into a power, he isn't leaving. So who would we get?

We may be rolling with Rees or Freeman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

You called out Dale as a troll? While you are the biggest troll on this site. Example why you are a troll: “They handled ND on the road”. You are probably the only poster on this site who thinks Cincy “handled”
                          Notre Dame and beat them down. Probably within the next few weeks once the Oline and QB situation has been figured out by Kelly this Notre Dame team would jail sex Cincy in a rematch. You are probably the only person in the world that would think this Cincy team would not get taken behind the woodshed by Georgia, Bama, OSU etc.
                          They beat us 24-13 on the road. They led 17-0 at the half. They handled us. I didn't say they jail sexed us.

I think Cincy would lose to those three teams but I could see them keeping within ten points. Maybe even upset OSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                            Heard Tom Hermannnn to USC
                            Would be magical IMO if true

Comment

Well that's kind of the point. If he turns Cincy into a power, he isn't leaving. So who would we get?

We may be rolling with Rees or Freeman.
                              You’re seriously worried who we’re hiring in 3 years? That’s an eternity when talking about the “next great college coach”. Chances are Fickel ends up more like Scott Frost or Tom Herman than Urban or Dabo or even Brian Kelly.

I’m personally not too excited about the prospect of replacing Kelly. I’ve watched too many blue blood programs hire bad coaches. Now, there are a couple of assistants I wouldn’t mind replacing.

Comment

• Its going to be Georgia v Oklahoma.
                                Having said that, Georgia v Bama is going to be a knock out.

Comment

• I'm getting great mileage on this Mazda 3, why would trade it in for a Aston Martin?

That is the same argument as saying Fickell wouldn't leave Cincy for ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post
                                    I'm getting great mileage on this Mazda 3, why would trade it in for a Aston Martin?

That is the same argument as saying Fickell wouldn't leave Cincy for ND.
                                    I want to know why Sea Turtle thinks Fickell will be at Cincy in three years? Surely he’ll land a big opening this season if he wants it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDisme View Post

Would be magical IMO if true
                                      Inshallah. Could look forward to another 5 years of the Trojans punching themselves in the dick.

Comment

• That would be something. Why on earth would they go with Herman? Seems quite bizarre

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                          That would be something. Why on earth would they go with Herman? Seems quite bizarre
                                          Reputation as an offensive air raid guru would sell well to the 5-star QBs and WRs USC lives and dies by. If you buy that he failed in Austin due to UT's uniquely shitty culture and/or meddling boosters, it sort of makes sense.

But he's a super weird guy, and bears plenty of blame for the Longhorn's current problems. If SC hires him, 5% chance he turns into the next Pete Carroll, 95% chance he runs them further into the ground.

Comment

• Nobody show USC but if they pick Herman or any air raid, gimmick type college offense as their HC they’ll be a failure again. If the team is competent, I could recruit a 5 star QB and WRs to USC. Whoever convinces you he’ll go to Texas or wherever to get an OL and 5 star RB and will drop a bag on the right DC should be the next HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                              Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I know Matt Freeman said that players on the team told him that the post game scuffle between ND and VT was because a racial slur was used by a VT player (and maybe a staffer?) towards one of the Ademilolas. He did say to take it with a grain of salt since it's clearly coming from just our side.
                                              I'd believe it, they've got a culture problem imo. I haven't forgotten the 2016 game when they missed the targeting call on Kizer late as he was trying to get us into FG range for the tie. As Kizer was being helped off the field by trainers with a clear concussion some VT defender was walking with him talking trash and pretty heated. That's some low shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                Nobody show USC but if they pick Herman or any air raid, gimmick type college offense as their HC they’ll be a failure again. If the team is competent, I could recruit a 5 star QB and WRs to USC. Whoever convinces you he’ll go to Texas or wherever to get an OL and 5 star RB and will drop a bag on the right DC should be the next HC.
                                                Your worst case (from an ND standpoint) situation at USC is that they hire someone like Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, etc. A culture builder. As long as they are dumb enough to hire a “mind” or some form of new hotness they will continue to be terrible. They don’t need a scheme guy/ace recruiter. They need someone to get them to play tough, disciplined football.

Comment

• Herman would def win a game in the rivalry though. Not sure if he wins more than that, but he'd break the streak for sure at some point. Provided BK and the team takes care of business next Saturday.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                    Herman would def win a game in the rivalry though. Not sure if he wins more than that, but he'd break the streak for sure at some point. Provided BK and the team takes care of business next Saturday.

I agree. He’s like Kiffen. No class or character but is an elite offensive mind who could hang 50 on anyone at any given moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

I agree. He’s like Kiffen. No class or character but is an elite offensive mind who could hang 50 on anyone at any given moment.
                                                      He should have done it more often at Texas then

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

Your worst case (from an ND standpoint) situation at USC is that they hire someone like Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, etc. A culture builder. As long as they are dumb enough to hire a “mind” or some form of new hotness they will continue to be terrible. They don’t need a scheme guy/ace recruiter. They need someone to get them to play tough, disciplined football.
                                                        Idk if those guys are good enough recruiters though. I do think you need a good recruiter just not one that is going to fill it up with mainly skill guys or only Cali kids

Comment

• Is Pat Fitzgerald even a thing anymore?

Comment

David Shaw. Only half kidding.

Comment

• Campbell, Fitz and Shaw all do well enough at schools that are really hard to win at typically,… I would expect any of them to do fairly well at a power house program
                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                Campbell, Fitz and Shaw all do well enough at schools that are really hard to win at typically,… I would expect any of them to do fairly well at a power house program
                                                                Idk. Shaw almost seems like he checked out the past 3+ years at Stanford until recently. If he's fully bought in, he'd make USC incredibly dangerous.

Comment

Idk. Shaw almost seems like he checked out the past 3+ years at Stanford until recently. If he's fully bought in, he'd make USC incredibly dangerous.

My thinking is, take them at their best and put them at like Auburn or tOSU,… probably works out pretty well but who knows

Comment

I am not saying he would go but could you imagine Shaw at a school like USC or LSU. With their abilities to recruit just because of the name of the school and get a few decent position coaches that could recruit his style of offense shew. He would really need to make the perfect hire on the defense but he is holding himself back at Stanford.

At the same point it is good to see he is loyal to the program that gave him an opportunity.
                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post

You’re seriously worried who we’re hiring in 3 years? That’s an eternity when talking about the “next great college coach”. Chances are Fickel ends up more like Scott Frost or Tom Herman than Urban or Dabo or even Brian Kelly.

I’m personally not too excited about the prospect of replacing Kelly. I’ve watched too many blue blood programs hire bad coaches. Now, there are a couple of assistants I wouldn’t mind replacing.
                                                                      I tend to worry and overreact too much.

Comment

• With Ed O out at LSU. Christian reporting that he’s hearing BK is their top target.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/64192

Comment

• Comment

With Ed O out at LSU. Christian reporting that he’s hearing BK is their top target.

Think there’s any chance?

Comment

With Ed O out at LSU. Christian reporting that he’s hearing BK is their top target.

No way Kelly goes there right? After paying Miles and Ed out no way they can go big contract.

but if they do man the names we’ll see……
                                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• I honestly wouldn’t blame BK. That’s a hell of a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

No way Kelly goes there right? After paying Miles and Ed out no way they can go big contract.

but if they do man the names we’ll see……
                                                                                  I think the alum are desperate. Who knows what kind of bank they can make for their right guy.

I think I read that Ed's buyout is $17M. That a lot of shrimp and grits!

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

Hope so!
                                                                                    Congratulations to Brian Kelly for being Notre Dame's career leader in losses.

Comment

• I’d be shocked if Kelly left for any job, TBH. I think he uses this to get the final program changes he wants pushed through.

Comment

I’d be shocked if Kelly left for any job, TBH. I think he uses this to get the final program changes he wants pushed through.
                                                                                        My thoughts exactly... and I hope he doesn't leave and we get a good run at a Natty in the next few years.. He deserves that much.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Comment

• You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to leave ND for LSU. They're running a coach out of town who won championship literally the last time we played a full season of college football. You hypothetically have higher upside there than at ND because of the kind of player that you can recruit, but there is almost immeasurable downside.

Comment

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot to leave ND for LSU. They're running a coach out of town who won championship literally the last time we played a full season of college football. You hypothetically have higher upside there than at ND because of the kind of player that you can recruit, but there is almost immeasurable downside.
                                                                                            It'd be significantly more enticing if Saban weren't still in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

• If LSU is able to get BK, the question then becomes, is Cinci a better spot than LSU AND ND? Maeks u think.

Comment

• If I was Kelly, USC would be the enticing job, not LSU. Way easier to recruit, worse conference, lower expectations, and way better weather.

Comment

• Any chance lsu would go after Dave aranda? He has Baylor playing well and he was a coordinator there for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                                    If I was Kelly, USC would be the enticing job, not LSU. Way easier to recruit, worse conference, lower expectations, and way better weather.
                                                                                                    LSU is considerably easier to recruit high end talent across the roster to then USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                                                                                                      Any chance lsu would go after Dave aranda? He has Baylor playing well and he was a coordinator there for a few years.
                                                                                                      Seen it mentioned, probably not the right timing though I’d think. Such a small sample size. Made a great hire getting the BYU OC. But idk the relationship between the LSU brass and Aranda, if they view losing him as when things went south then maybe the twoish years is enough

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X