Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

That’s right: Nick Saban
    They don’t want him. He lost yesterday too.

Comment

• Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
      Somebody’s name is being thrown around as the replacement for the ole shrimp boat captain.
      Is it Bob Davie?

Comment

• Can we be less cryptic?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Is it Bob Davie?
          Ha. And BVG as DC?

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
            Can we be less cryptic?
            BK’s name is being thrown out as a possible candidate. Don’t know if there’s anything to it however.

Comment

Can we be less cryptic?
              I assume he means someone threw out BK for LSU which isn’t really much of anything

Comment

• Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post

BK’s name is being thrown out as a possible candidate. Don’t know if there’s anything to it however.
                Originally posted by Dale View Post

I assume he means someone threw out BK for LSU which isn’t really much of anything
                Thanks, guys -- appreciate it. Wondering if this is LSU deep pockets talking or BK's agent...

Comment

• BK’s agent has already gotten BK and staff raises based on the last time LSU was open… he’s gonna keep riding that train to get BK more leverage until it stops working lol

Comment

Thanks, guys -- appreciate it. Wondering if this is LSU deep pockets talking or BK's agent...
                    I think the LSU talking heads are looking at a list of who they see as the top ten or so coaches out there and they are realistically eliminating the 5-6 that wouldn’t move. I think they see BK as one that would listen when that time comes.

Comment

• Part of me always wanted to see how BK would have done at a school like LSU I think at one point he would have killed it. Not sure anymore though.
                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• I would like to see Kelly at a place where he could win a Natty like LSU. He has taken this program as far as he can take it

Fickell, Campbell, would be guys I would like to replace Kelly.

Comment

• First of all not happening.

2nd, if BK thinks the ND media/fanbase is rough, go ahead and head down to LSU. Less than two years removed from a NC and they want O gone. Take Quinn with ya while you're at it.

BK has it good at ND and he knows it. He's not going anywhere.

Comment

• After the eagles flirtation, Kelly has done nothing but expand the Irish brand and commit to it. I don’t expect him to have a stop after South Bend and if he did he would not likely exit on a high to a relatively equivalent position and tarnish the brand over money cheat which can now be above board with NIL and academic restrictions.

Comment

• Coach Kelly is 60 years old and looking to cement his legacy with a National Title. He has a team building for a shot the 2022 & 2023 season.
                              LSU is going to get mashed about in the SEC for the next couple of years. Not sure if he wants to do a ground-up build at this stage in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                Part of me always wanted to see how BK would have done at a school like LSU I think at one point he would have killed it. Not sure anymore though.
                                Would he have gotten Joe's Brady and Burrow? If not, I'm skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                  First of all not happening.

2nd, if BK thinks the ND media/fanbase is rough, go ahead and head down to LSU. Less than two years removed from a NC and they want O gone. Take Quinn with ya while you're at it.

BK has it good at ND and he knows it. He's not going anywhere.
                                  Rinse and repeat.

I don't think the media/fanbase would be much of a factor in any decision if there were one, but as you say, he's not going anywhere. His name is only out there because of his success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                    I would like to see Kelly at a place where he could win a Natty like LSU. He has taken this program as far as he can take it

Campbell? This was supposed to be the year ISU makes a run into the top 5, and they could barely beat Northern Iowa, and lost to Iowa ugly and Baylor. Staring down the realistic possibility of losing 4 more games. He has hit his peak and he is not impressive.

Comment

• I know this isn't happening but if it did, Fickell would have to be the guy. He's a fit and he would realistically take the job. Cincinnati would probably offer Freeman the head coaching job then that would be pretty wild.

Comment

• I don’t think BK will move from ND at this point in his life and I’m happy about that. The man understands ND and appreciates the university

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post
                                          I know this isn't happening but if it did, Fickell would have to be the guy. He's a fit and he would realistically take the job. Cincinnati would probably offer Freeman the head coaching job then that would be pretty wild.
                                          UC fans would just love this scenario,……
                                          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I know Matt Freeman said that players on the team told him that the post game scuffle between ND and VT was because a racial slur was used by a VT player (and maybe a staffer?) towards one of the Ademilolas. He did say to take it with a grain of salt since it's clearly coming from just our side.
                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

UC fans would just love this scenario,……
                                              They will for sure charter a cropduster plane and dump Skyline chili all over the Golden Dome. It'll buff out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I know Matt Freeman said that players on the team told him that the post game scuffle between ND and VT was because a racial slur was used by a VT player (and maybe a staffer?) towards one of the Ademilolas. He did say to take it with a grain of salt since it's clearly coming from just our side.
                                                I've been trying to find video of the scuffle and can't find it. How big of a dustup was it?

Comment

Surprised I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I know Matt Freeman said that players on the team told him that the post game scuffle between ND and VT was because a racial slur was used by a VT player (and maybe a staffer?) towards one of the Ademilolas. He did say to take it with a grain of salt since it's clearly coming from just our side.
                                                  I said in the thread in the moment it was all the leaders involved. Hamilton, Hinish, Kyren, Ademilola. If it was something we did I would have been disappointed. But hearing that it ends up the opposite and the side I was hoping, all the leaders defending one of their own is what you want to see in bad circumstances

Comment

• Originally posted by KellyIsIt View Post

I've been trying to find video of the scuffle and can't find it. How big of a dustup was it?
                                                    Mostly lot of nothing but it was up against a wall which always makes it feel dangerous if guys get lost in it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Mostly lot of nothing but it was up against a wall which always makes it feel dangerous if guys get lost in it
                                                      I was at the game and it was mainly a lot of jawing back and forth as the teams were headed to the locker room. There was some minor pushing/shoving with players trying to hold each other back. I did see at least one VT assistant going ballistic and had to be held back by some of his brethren. It only lasted a couple of minutes. The VT crowd was pretty raucous the entire night, the fact that Coan came in with the atmosphere cranked up was extremely impressive from where I sat (right in the thick of VT fans). Lots of very drunk folks but after the game, several of them came up to me and shook my hand to say congrats on the win.

Comment

Feel like we'd hear something from Fuente or the Va Tech side if that was the case no? What player is going to be kept on the team after using a slur?

Comment

I would like to see Kelly at a place where he could win a Natty like LSU. He has taken this program as far as he can take it

What exactly has Matt Campbell accomplished that warrants a serious look as ND's next HC? I genuinely would like to know because you are not the only one who feels this way, but I just don't see it...

Originally posted by Dale View Post

I said in the thread in the moment it was all the leaders involved. Hamilton, Hinish, Kyren, Ademilola. If it was something we did I would have been disappointed. But hearing that it ends up the opposite and the side I was hoping, all the leaders defending one of their own is what you want to see in bad circumstances
                                                          Amen to that!

Comment

What exactly has Matt Campbell accomplished that warrants a serious look as ND's next HC? I genuinely would like to know because you are not the only one who feels this way, but I just don't see it...

Amen to that!
                                                            Ala Matt Rhule, just a very good and respected football coach. I'm talking realistic candidates.

Campbell Fickell
                                                            Fleck

Who would you want?

Comment

Ala Matt Rhule, just a very good and respected football coach. I'm talking realistic candidates.

Campbell Fickell
                                                              Fleck

Who would you want?
                                                              Am I hiring for 2022 or thinking of like 2025? Because the answer is much different.

If we’re forced in 2022: Fickell or Cristobal. I still like Mullen potentially on the horizon.

Comment

Am I hiring for 2022 or thinking of like 2025? Because the answer is much different.

If we’re forced in 2022: Fickell or Cristobal. I still like Mullen potentially on the horizon.
                                                                I think Mullen still has a kid in town too

Comment

I just can’t see Mullen changing his ways enough to fit at ND as the head coach.

Comment

Kelly is here at least until 2024

Comment

• I think Fickell does really well at ND. I don't know if he raises the ceiling because there isn't a lot of space to go up from here. But, I think he has a very long successful career at ND.

Comment

The little I can offer to this is that Jayson A. was by far the most visibly worked up watching from the stands. He'd been moved to the far edge headed back to ND's locker room and had to be held back multiple times by multiple people trying to get back across most of the roster towards VT guys.
                                                                        My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                          I think Fickell does really well at ND. I don't know if he raises the ceiling because there isn't a lot of space to go up from here. But, I think he has a very long successful career at ND.
                                                                          Can you imagine the rage from Cincy fans if yet another coach bailed for ND?

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

I just can’t see Mullen changing his ways enough to fit at ND as the head coach.
                                                                            Probably not. I think he’s about at the brink of just saying f all the BS about college football and being a NFL OC if he picks up another loss or two or another 9-3 type year next year.

I won’t be able to verbalize this as well as I did last time but my two main problems with Mullen are A) I think he’s discovering all the stuff that comes with CEO of an elite program and B) lacks elite elite recruiting like some of his peers, namely Kirby. Sounds pretty familiar with early Kelly right? So I’m imagining a world where he goes through those growing pains and comes out the other side. If you can get that + a more proven QB development that he continues to show. Jackpot. Like you said though I just don’t know how likely it actually happens.

Comment

Probably not. I think he’s about at the brink of just saying f all the BS about college football and being a NFL OC if he picks up another loss or two or another 9-3 type year next year.

I won’t be able to verbalize this as well as I did last time but my two main problems with Mullen are A) I think he’s discovering all the stuff that comes with CEO of an elite program and B) lacks elite elite recruiting like some of his peers, namely Kirby. Sounds pretty familiar with early Kelly right? So I’m imagining a world where he goes through those growing pains and comes out the other side. If you can get that + a more proven QB development that he continues to show. Jackpot. Like you said though I just don’t know how likely it actually happens.
                                                                              I'd love him as an OC at ND, if things really hit the fan this season or next

Comment

• Originally posted by Calabrese's People View Post
                                                                                Coach Kelly is 60 years old and looking to cement his legacy with a National Title. He has a team building for a shot the 2022 & 2023 season.
                                                                                LSU is going to get mashed about in the SEC for the next couple of years. Not sure if he wants to do a ground-up build at this stage in his career.
                                                                                Dude, we open with Ohio State in 2022 and have them week 2 in 2023. There is literally 2 teams we cannot beat...ever...

Ohio State and Alabama. So lets forcast for what? 2024 or 2055

Comment

• Fickell is midwestern Catholic and the obvious choice. We'd back up the truck for him if we needed to. Not sure the timing works out though and I'm not interested in pushing out Kelly until we begin to see some diminishing returns. Our program culture is in the best place of my lifetime currently.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                    I think Fickell does really well at ND. I don't know if he raises the ceiling because there isn't a lot of space to go up from here. But, I think he has a very long successful career at ND.
                                                                                    I'm down for Fickell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer Of The Gods View Post

Dude, we open with Ohio State in 2022 and have them week 2 in 2023. There is literally 2 teams we cannot beat...ever...

Yep....
                                                                                      Congratulations to Brian Kelly for being Notre Dame's career leader in losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer Of The Gods View Post

The stars could align.
                                                                                        Their D has been bad this year. It has improved but is that just due to the opposition?

Comment

• I’d always hoped Tony Dungy would have been interested.

60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Gruden!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                                              Gruden!!
                                                                                              It’s all happening,….
                                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• So Trump was right about one thing...don't use e mail

Not surprised to hear an NFL coach was privately against Black Lives Matters protests. Bet many if not most were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                                  I’d always hoped Tony Dungy would have been interested.
                                                                                                  Dungy in a mess now on twitter fighting off folks claiming he was defending Gruden
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Dungy in a mess now on twitter fighting off folks claiming he was defending Gruden
                                                                                                    That’s too bad b/c Dungy is a good person regardless of football. From following him on Twitter he truly tries to find the best in people and does his best to stay true to his Christian walk.

Comment

• Heard Tom Hermannnn to USC

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X