One Stop Rumors Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Stop Rumors Thread?

How would people feel about a thread that is a safe space to share conjecture and rumors that might be true but isn't well sourced or confirmed? Only limitation would be speculating on disciplinary/criminal conduct.

I'm here for this!

Comment

Not a specific rumor per se but it has been heavily danced around paysites about the expectation is that at least one WR transferring out and bringing in a WR transfer. Some posters have wagered they’ve heard similar

Comment

I think it would drive more users & be one of the most viewed threads on the site. Not saying that’s a good attraction since it’s based on hearsay but it’s surely not the only public message board that doesn’t deal in rumors.

Comment

Some chatter that capacity will be 100% in the stadium this fall. I was expecting this, but it's nice to start hearing it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Not a specific rumor per se but it has been heavily danced around paysites about the expectation is that at least one WR transferring out and bringing in a WR transfer. Some posters have wagered they’ve heard similar
            I believe there will be two WR transfers before fall camp. I will say though... it is really common for guys to be unhappy or have one foot out the door and then ultimately come back into the fold. The new legislation that allows for players to play immediately after transferring with no waiver required is going to make things very interesting though because it could remove a lot of the hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
              How would people feel about a thread that is a safe space to share conjecture and rumors that might be true but isn't well sourced or confirmed? Only limitation would be speculating on disciplinary/criminal conduct.
              Will names be used? Love the idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post

Will names be used? Love the idea though.
                Yeah I think if you got names, then its fine to drop them. We'll just try to keep speculation centered here until something is well sourced or confirmed.

Comment

Lol does this mean now my heart will skip a beat when I see this thread on top? Sounds a lot better than seeing this...

Tyler Buchner last post (current time minus 1 min).

....and immediately panicking
                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

I'm down for it. This could be one of the more entertaining threads. People just need to remember it's a rumor mill where everything is speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      JJ?

Comment

Didnt those two OSU WR's from KS head back to Mizzou? Maybe JJ would join them?
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Wouldnt surprise me if its JJ. Seems to have struggled last year and doesnt seem to have made much movement in the spring.
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

anyone have names?

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                              Wouldnt surprise me if its JJ. Seems to have struggled last year and doesnt seem to have made much movement in the spring.
                              JJ is about the only one that would make sense to me.

I guess maybe Brunelle too. I don’t know much about him.

Comment

Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

JJ is about the only one that would make sense to me.

I guess maybe Brunelle too. I don’t know much about him.
                                LAX - How do you want to deal with the Speculation about the Rumor?? To me, that's where the thread starts getting out of control.

Comment

Why does it have to be JJ? He was plugged in last year and he was making progress this year until some minor injuries kept him out a few times. Surely he wants to go through his first real off-season and get into fall camp to see what opportunities he'll have, right? I could see some guys buried into the 3rd string.

But then it'd have to be one of Watts, Johnson, Brunelle or possibly Wilkins. All the others are near virtual locks to get many snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                    Why does it have to be JJ? He was plugged in last year and he was making progress this year until some minor injuries kept him out a few times. Surely he wants to go through his first real off-season and get into fall camp to see what opportunities he'll have, right? I could see some guys buried into the 3rd string.

But then it'd have to be one of Watts, Johnson, Brunelle or possibly Wilkins. All the others are near virtual locks to get many snaps.
                                    It feels like posters here have had Johnson transferring since he signed with ND.

Comment

I don't have the names but understand why people would speculate Johnson. I was told to expect that at least 1 older and 1 younger WR to transfer transfer before the start of next season. Apparently everyone is chomping at the bit to play and there just aren't enough minutes to go around.

Comment

1) I like the idea of this thread a lot as someone who is not plugged in to piles of other sources.

2) My bet is 3rd stringers who are seeing writing on the wall as depth chart is established will be primary transfer candidates - particularly with the new transfer rules. For WR room - we have some young guys that should be making big moves - older dudes want one last shot at redemption while younger dudes hear the siren song of MAC action as a talent gap may be staring them in the face. Looking at Lenzy, Davis, Austin, Keys, Johnson, Styles, Watts, Wilkins, Brunelle makes nine guys that should be vying for PT with only Davis in his last year of eligibility. Maybe Styles is ripping it up and you still have Colzie and Thomas incoming. I would be kind of surprised if we didn't lose one - to me would indicate some folks have separated from the pack. If Austin, Lenzy, Johnson are living up to hype and Styles balls out as newest edition you.... that makes for a long line to get on the field for the next two years plus.

Comment

I don't have the names but understand why people would speculate Johnson. I was told to expect that at least 1 older and 1 younger WR to transfer transfer before the start of next season. Apparently everyone is chomping at the bit to play and there just aren't enough minutes to go around.
                                          Wilkins and Brunelle would be most logical to me. Johnson wouldn't surprise me but really hope that is not the case. Want to see him put in the work and become a great success story.

Comment

I think this would be A FREAKING GREAT IDEA and should have always been on here or allowed.....i can say i was told by someone w/ direct knowledge ---xavier watts nearly jetted last year...extremely disappointed in not playing...he would be one to keep an eye on
                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                              I think this would be A FREAKING GREAT IDEA and should have always been on here or allowed.....i can say i was told by someone w/ direct knowledge ---xavier watts nearly jetted last year...extremely disappointed in not playing...he would be one to keep an eye on
                                              he could play @ Nebraska thats for sure
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Watts?

Comment

I expect JJ is at fall camp. A spring transfer I don’t think would be him

Comment

Watts is the name that has been very popular on paid site message boards. I'm going to reserve judgement until we see how this season plays out (Rees and Company never had a full offseason together) but if things don't change with how they play WR's, some heavy criticism will be warranted.

Comment

Koon says hello.

Got the year wrong, but...

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                      Still think Lenzy AND Keys are back in 2020?

I'm afraid I'll have the last laugh again.

Maybe we should look at the "fatigue" element.
                                                      "We don't have enough female role models. We don't have enough visible women leaders. We don't have enough women in power." - Muffet McGraw

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        Watts is the name that has been very popular on paid site message boards. I'm going to reserve judgement until we see how this season plays out (Rees and Company never had a full offseason together) but if things don't change with how they play WR's, some heavy criticism will be warranted.
                                                        I could see Watts bolting. If Watts bolts but the other receivers have very good years, does Rees deserve criticism? I wish Watts would've had an opportunity to play in the secondary. I don't know if he'd be a natural safety but I liked his highlights.

Comment

I could see Watts bolting. If Watts bolts but the other receivers have very good years, does Rees deserve criticism? I wish Watts would've had an opportunity to play in the secondary. I don't know if he'd be a natural safety but I liked his highlights.
                                                          I would say no. It's less about Watts specifically and more about the group as a whole. Need to play more guys and get them involved. I think last year was a difficult time for the WR group with injuries, no Spring, Covid year, etc. But, this year should be different.

Comment

If I was a three star true freshman seriously contemplating transferring because of a lack of PT on a playoff team, that would mean I was balling the fuck out in practice...

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                              If I was a three star true freshman seriously contemplating transferring because of a lack of PT on a playoff team, that would mean I was balling the fuck out in practice...
                                                              Are you implying this must be true for anyone who transfers? Or something else entirely?

Comment

Let’s put this thread to work...

Who were the players that bad mouthed ND to Pete Werner?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Wuuuuut?

Comment

I can’t believe someone hasn’t already asked.

What DID Davonte do?
                                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                      I can’t believe someone hasn’t already asked.

What DID Davonte do?
                                                                      This is where I believe one is supposed to say “allegedly” or “reportedly”... so allegedly, it was a completely nonsencial and trumped up... “complaint”... from a female he’d been seeing. She felt spurned and wanted him gone. I’m leaving out a lot of details intentionally because frankly I think it’s BS what happened to him.

Comment

This is where I believe one is supposed to say “allegedly” or “reportedly”... so allegedly, it was a completely nonsencial and trumped up... “complaint”... from a female he’d been seeing. She felt spurned and wanted him gone. I’m leaving out a lot of details intentionally because frankly I think it’s BS what happened to him.
                                                                        Lol this is why ND doesn't win.

Jesus H.
                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                          Or.... you want PT and you know you it ain't happening here. That's when you transfer to G5 or FCS team
                                                                          Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Honestly, not the first time I’ve heard of ACTIVE ND players being terrible recruiting “hosts” and actually turning guys off of ND with what they say and how they act.

Haven’t heard anything similar in the past few years, which I think is credit to both the program’s current stability and the revamped recruiting methods, but still... not surprising to hear that some players ahead of Werner by a couple of years were not great ambassadors.

And to be fair, guys playing on the ‘14, ‘15 and ‘16 defenses, who would have been the ones hosting Werner, probably had some legitimate BVG-related gripes to warn recruits about lol.

Comment

• #39

Drue Tranquil

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Oh I just randomly thought of this. How close was Brady Hoke to being hired on the defensive staff back in the offseason of 2014/2015?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Drue Tranquil
                                                                                  Ian Book. Something about how Kelly doesn't play gritty white guys
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                    Oh I just randomly thought of this. How close was Brady Hoke to being hired on the defensive staff back in the offseason of 2014/2015?
                                                                                    Somewhat close. Some negative public sentiment (about his "chicken" comments, etc.) after that leaked had an influence on those talks not going anywhere.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Honestly, not the first time I’ve heard of ACTIVE ND players being terrible recruiting “hosts” and actually turning guys off of ND with what they say and how they act.

Haven’t heard anything similar in the past few years, which I think is credit to both the program’s current stability and the revamped recruiting methods, but still... not surprising to hear that some players ahead of Werner by a couple of years were not great ambassadors.

And to be fair, guys playing on the ‘14, ‘15 and ‘16 defenses, who would have been the ones hosting Werner, probably had some legitimate BVG-related gripes to warn recruits about lol.
                                                                                      Well we know it probably wasn't Joe Schmidt!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Disappointing that ND guys would take a dump on the program.

There was a D2 college across the river from us. We had a few friends on their wrestling team and always told them to bring recruits over to our house parties if they thought the kid was good. I like to think we helped them land a few guys, whether that's true or not...we will never know.
                                                                                        Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Lax, you know everything bro, what's the craziest rumor or something that "allegedly" happen in the last couple of years that the common folk like myself wouldn't of heard about?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            LOVE the thread idea. I remember hearing some rumors when it originally happened, but who punched Clausen? And why???

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by AllGoldEverything View Post
                                                                                              LOVE the thread idea. I remember hearing some rumors when it originally happened, but who punched Clausen? And why???
                                                                                              Golden Tate was always the betting favorite...

But I heard recently that it was actually Armando Allen that did the deed lol.

Have never heard WHY someone finally popped him, but apparently it was only a matter of time until any number of offensive players not named Kyle Rudolph did it.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                                                Lax, you know everything bro, what's the craziest rumor or something that "allegedly" happen in the last couple of years that the common folk like myself wouldn't of heard about?
                                                                                                These are probably the two most significant program-impact rumors I heard in the past few years that didn't leak at the time. I can't speak first hand to their veracity, but they're "allegedly" what happened:

The first is what went down with Harry Hiestand. He was a coach who worked guys HARD and two of them (Hoge, Boudreaux) did not like it. Hoge allegedly started keeping a journal documenting "abuse" and when he went to transfer they went to ND and said "sign the waiver or we go public." It worked out for Hiestand getting an NFL gig, but I was told he was likely not to have the option to return to ND because of the complaints about his conduct. Ironically, a lot of the guys credit Hiestand with their development and becoming stars... different strokes for different folks? There was some shit though like spitting on people or whatever that obviously crosses a line if true.

Second, and a lot of this has leaked since, but honestly the Chip Long stuff was crazy. I was surprised that they were able to keep as tight of a lid on that as they did. There was a full on mutiny brewing. Most of our offensive starters on last year's team were allegedly either going to declare for the NFL or transfer if he was retained. Reportedly just a total asshole to everyone who created a super toxic environment. Constantly yelling, constantly belittling people. Per one starter, paraphrasing, "the only motivation to play well was so that you wouldn't get yelled at." He was a BVG level hire on offense, people just didn't realize it at the time because the talent of the players + Kelly + the elite Clark Lea defense had the team winning so much.

Again, everything above is "allegedly" because it's all second hand.

Comment

• #49

These are probably the two most significant program-impact rumors I heard in the past few years that didn't leak at the time. I can't speak first hand to their veracity, but they're "allegedly" what happened:

The first is what went down with Harry Hiestand. He was a coach who worked guys HARD and two of them (Hoge, Boudreaux) did not like it. Hoge allegedly started keeping a journal documenting "abuse" and when he went to transfer they went to ND and said "sign the waiver or we go public." It worked out for Hiestand getting an NFL gig, but I was told he was likely not to have the option to return to ND because of the complaints about his conduct. Ironically, a lot of the guys credit Hiestand with their development and becoming stars... different strokes for different folks? There was some shit though like spitting on people or whatever that obviously crosses a line if true.

Second, and a lot of this has leaked since, but honestly the Chip Long stuff was crazy. I was surprised that they were able to keep as tight of a lid on that as they did. There was a full on mutiny brewing. Most of our offensive starters on last year's team were allegedly either going to declare for the NFL or transfer if he was retained. Reportedly just a total asshole to everyone who created a super toxic environment. Constantly yelling, constantly belittling people. Per one starter, paraphrasing, "the only motivation to play well was so that you wouldn't get yelled at." He was a BVG level hire on offense, people just didn't realize it at the time because the talent of the players + Kelly + the elite Clark Lea defense had the team winning so much.

Again, everything above is "allegedly" because it's all second hand.
                                                                                                  I remember when Quinn was hired there were interviews with Eichenberg where he more or less said Hiestand's coaching methods didn't motivate him. I guess it's common for some coaches to pour love on the starters and then treat the backups very differently
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I'm here for all this shit. Thanks LAX!

How close was Kelly to being gone a few years back? Was Rhule the best we could have done?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X