2021 Spring Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NDohio View Post

BK addressed JJ's academic standing earlier in the spring. He stated he is in a good place now and that those issues are behind him. I think he has missed some practice time due to an injury. There was a clip of Keys scoring a touchdown in a two minute drill and a bunch of his teammates mobbed him. One of those was JJ but he was hobbling out to the celebration.
    Good to know, didn't know that JJ missed time due to an injury. Hopefully he gets some PT at the Blue & Gold game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

this is similar to what I said a few weeks ago. I said Fisher or Baker at LT (and the loser of that battle goes to RT), and Rocco at LG. I had Patterson going back to C though. Patterson at RG doesn't surprise me though, and I think Baker will still have to beat out Lugg for RT (and I think he will).

I'm in full buy mode though for a full frosh left side. Not that I'm happy about it, it's just seems it's trended that way from the start with them getting more and more first team snaps. Pretty obvious that their ceiling is seen as higher. If they are that good, I'd rather them start early and get a good 3 years out of both. And I have high confidence in Baker too. Might have some bumps, but I think by the end of the year, and certainly next year, we'll be better off for it. And Spindler just gives me Q vibes.
      Don't tease me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        https://247sports.com/college/notre-.../#164622142_12

The full transcript is above but here is what he said about Carroll.

continue to work on his agility and change of direction"
        Sounds like he needs some wrestling practice or dance lessons.

Comment

• I apologize if this has already been discussed, but where will the game be shown? NBC sports? I thought I read something about the Peacock app. I won't be able to watch it live so I was hoping to be able to record it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
            I apologize if this has already been discussed, but where will the game be shown? NBC sports? I thought I read something about the Peacock app. I won't be able to watch it live so I was hoping to be able to record it.
            NBC Sports is dead. It's the Peacock app now which you can add to your smart TV or smart phone.

Notre Dame Blue-Gold Game to be Streamed Exclusively on Peacock
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but where will the game be shown? NBC sports? I thought I read something about the Peacock app. I won't be able to watch it live so I was hoping to be able to record it.
              only on peacock
              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Do you need a subscription or just download the app and it'll be available for free viewing?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

NBC Sports is dead. It's the Peacock app now which you can add to your smart TV or smart phone.

Appreciate it. Any idea if it will be archived on YouTube or anything like that to be able to be watched later?

Comment

Appreciate it. Any idea if it will be archived on YouTube or anything like that to be able to be watched later?
                    most likely
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Not yet. By the end of the year it will be though.

Comment

I would imagine it would be posted either to youtube or the new video platform ND announced earlier this year, Fighting Irish TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                          Do you need a subscription or just download the app and it'll be available for free viewing?
                          Its tiered. They offer free shit and by shit I mean its shit. Anything else requires payment.
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• The app itself (at least on Roku) is dogshit
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Do you need a subscription or just download the app and it'll be available for free viewing?
                              It'll be free to watch the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Its tiered. They offer free shit and by shit I mean its shit. Anything else requires payment.
                                Is it tied together with cable package plans/Hulu? I haven't dug too deep into it other than watching Slapshot on it a few weeks back for free. hah
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Is it tied together with cable package plans/Hulu? I haven't dug too deep into it other than watching Slapshot on it a few weeks back for free. hah
                                  IDK about hulu or package plans yet but if you get just the app thsi is how its tiered. The free version has 30 or "channels" but they show programs I dont want and none that I care to watch.

https://www.peacocktv.com/?cid=20200...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                    The app itself (at least on Roku) is dogshit
                                    There is no Peacock app for the Amazon FireStick. Peacock has to be sideloaded on the Firestick. So Roku is one step ahead of Amazon lol.

Comment

• https://www.ndinsider.com/irishstew/...52d17218f.html

Access to the live stream will be free, but it will require a device with access to Peacock and an email registration for a Peacock account.

Comment

• Comment

• If you have Comcast, you already have access to the Peacock app (built in to my cable box).

Also, the tweet lists https://und.com/FightingIrishTV/

So two things. If it's streamed from the website, you should be able to use Amazon Silk Browser to stream directly from the ND site. Second, the ND site (go to the link) has an Amazon Link (so guessing there's a separate ND app available on Amazon... ??
                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• More on what I posted above, assuming the game will be on the new FITV like the tweet suggests.

NOTRE DAME UNVEILS NEW VIDEO PLATFORM
                                            https://und.com/notre-dame-unveils-new-video-platform/

“We’re excited to launch Fighting Irish TV and provide Notre Dame fans an even better way to watch their favorite Fighting Irish content on the big screen in their living room,” said Sr. Associate Athletics Director (Media/Brand) Rob Kelly. “As in all things we do, we look at how to better serve our fans and this opportunity to be a leader in the television application space with our archived content was no different. I’m especially excited by the extension of our existing digital ecosystem that this platform makes possible in a world increasingly dominated by on-demand viewing.”

Fighting Irish TV is an “over the top” (OTT) video application (i.e. Peacock, Netflix, etc.) that allows you to watch on a larger screen. Additionally, there will be exclusive content delivered right to the app – including, but not limited to, The Vault (a collection of full Fighting Irish home football games since 1991), the 2021 Notre Dame Football Pro Day, live press conferences, game highlights, feature video stories and much more.

The platform was created in conjunction with industry-leader WMT, a full service solution-based agency out of Miami, Fla. Notre Dame and WMT have previously partnered to re-imagine UND.com, the Athletics Department website, and Fighting Irish Mobile, the Athletics Department mobile app.

“We are fortunate to work with an innovative partner in Notre Dame that shares our passion for forward-thinking digital strategies,” said WMT Founder and CEO Andres Focil. “Fighting Irish TV is another great storytelling tool for the University, as it complements UND.com and the Fighting Irish Mobile app, while also giving fans more and better ways to access unique and exclusive content from Fighting Irish Media.”

Fighting Irish TV is currently available via the Google Play store, Amazon and AppleTV.

Comment

• That app is a hunk of shit

Comment

• Just curious, is the team being encouraged to get the vaccine? I was thinking they would favor that given the benefits to practice and the upcoming season it would provide. Haven’t seen anything on here about it.
                                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                  Just curious, is the team being encouraged to get the vaccine? I was thinking they would favor that given the benefits to practice and the upcoming season it would provide. Haven’t seen anything on here about it.
                                                  I haven't seen anything directly related to the team, but the university is requiring all students be vaccinated for the Fall Semester right? Several of the coaches have tweeted about being vaccinated as well so it's safe to assume it's being pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

I haven't seen anything directly related to the team, but the university is requiring all students be vaccinated for the Fall Semester right? Several of the coaches have tweeted about being vaccinated as well so it's safe to assume it's being pushed.
                                                    Yes, this is correct. The university also was approved to be a vaccination site for students/faculty, and will be able to fully vaccinate any student by the end of this semester. I'd assume the football players were able to take part.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                        From what I read elsewhere on the interwebs, it doesn't sound like he was going to start at Pitt. If he wasn't going to crack the lineup for them, how much of an improvement could he be for us? No offense to him.

Comment

From what I read elsewhere on the interwebs, it doesn't sound like he was going to start at Pitt. If he wasn't going to crack the lineup for them, how much of an improvement could he be for us? No offense to him.
                                                          Truth hurts.
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• We're in good shape on the line. Given the continuity it requires, he probably wouldn't be productive for most of the season unless he was getting a lot of reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                              We're in good shape on the line. Given the continuity it requires, he probably wouldn't be productive for most of the season unless he was getting a lot of reps.
                                                              If he is coming for an education and a depth role, not thinking about a starting spot, I'm fine with that. I think we might lose a guy or two, especially if the 2 frosh end up starting, so we might need depth.

Comment

• The answer was no ND will not pursue. Kind of odd article, usually that type of answer would just be a post not article

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                  The answer was no ND will not pursue. Kind of odd article, usually that type of answer would just be a post not article
                                                                  Yup. Guessing it's either a slow news day (not sure why approaching the game), or had several subscribers asking a lot after he answered in previous posts...

Comment

Yup. Guessing it's either a slow news day (not sure why approaching the game), or had several subscribers asking a lot after he answered in previous posts...
                                                                    Mike Farrell said this morning ND had some interest

Pitt offensive lineman Carson Van Lynn
                                                                    Entered the portal on Monday, and as an experienced grad-transfer, the interest has been steady and abundant since that time. It is still a little early to name any leaders, but some of the schools that are in the picture include Florida State, Notre Dame, Texas, Mississippi State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Duke, Oklahoma State, BYU and Charlotte. He chose Pitt over Boston College, Kentucky and Indiana long ago, but those teams are not involved, to my knowledge. Watch out for Duke here as academics are important.
                                                                    https://n.rivals.com/news/the-rumor-...fer-tracker-14
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• When is practice #14? Is it today so they can rest Thursday & Friday before the BG game?

Comment

When is practice #14? Is it today so they can rest Thursday & Friday before the BG game?
                                                                        I think I saw on Twitter that practice #14 is Thursday.

Comment

• BK announced that Buchner will be live in the spring game, no red jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                            BK announced that Buchner will be live in the spring game, no red jersey.
                                                                            Bring it onnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                              BK announced that Buchner will be live in the spring game, no red jersey.
                                                                              Very smart. This should help keep Buchner from artificially "showing out" and if he performs incredibly well, then it's another data point for the staff.

TBH, this is a huge step for Buchner. He didn't play his senior year and has had 14 practices to knock the rust off. Hope he gets a decent OL to play behind so we can see what he can do.

Comment

Very smart. This should help keep Buchner from artificially "showing out" and if he performs incredibly well, then it's another data point for the staff.

TBH, this is a huge step for Buchner. He didn't play his senior year and has had 14 practices to knock the rust off. Hope he gets a decent OL to play behind so we can see what he can do.
                                                                                The staff is actually dividing up the team into two teams rather than just separate by offense and defense. Should be interesting to see how they divide it up.
                                                                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Kevin Austin, Jordan Johnson, and Kyle Hamilton all suited up for practice.

Comment

• I really hope Kelly is sand bagging the WR's to try and light a fire under them and it works. I just have this feeling I'm going to be drooling come Fall camps watching Austin, Johnson, Keys, Lenzy, etc run circles around our DB's. Then we'll be worrying about our defense, lol.

Comment

• I don't think there has been a single highlight in the past five videos where Buchner had time to throw in the 11-on-11 reps lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                        I don't think there has been a single highlight in the past five videos where Buchner had time to throw in the 11-on-11 reps lol
                                                                                        Yea, it's been pretty clear the last couple of years that once we get into the two and 3 deep matchups on the OL/DL, that the DL dominates. Like not even close ass whoopins. The DL is just crazy deep and I love it.

Comment

Yea, it's been pretty clear the last couple of years that once we get into the two and 3 deep matchups on the OL/DL, that the DL dominates. Like not even close ass whoopins. The DL is just crazy deep and I love it.
                                                                                          Give me you front 7, early downs and pass downs LL

Comment

Give me you front 7, early downs and pass downs LL
                                                                                            Oh gosh, I guess it kind of depends on matchup. My early down lineup might be different for FSU than it is for Stanford, for example. But I'll give it a shot anyways.

Early downs is a 4 man front with Foskey, Jayson A, Hinish, MTA. With Bauer at Mike, Marist at Will, and Kiser at Rover

Nickel/Dime packages. I'll go Foskey, Jayson A, MTA, and Botelho. With Bauer, Marist, and Rover off the field.

I mentioned this before but what I'd drool over is if we consistently put together a Bear Front. With Foskey, Mills, MTA, Jayson A, and Botelho.

Comment

Oh gosh, I guess it kind of depends on matchup. My early down lineup might be different for FSU than it is for Stanford, for example. But I'll give it a shot anyways.

Early downs is a 4 man front with Foskey, Jayson A, Hinish, MTA. With Bauer at Mike, Marist at Will, and Kiser at Rover

Nickel/Dime packages. I'll go Foskey, Jayson A, MTA, and Botelho. With Bauer, Marist, and Rover off the field.

I mentioned this before but what I'd drool over is if we consistently put together a Bear Front. With Foskey, Mills, MTA, Jayson A, and Botelho.
                                                                                              Against the triple option or other run-heavy offenses and:

Comment

• I'm glad you like it, lol.

I'd actually use that for Nickel/Dime packages. We actually started the Clemson playoff game in '18 with that in obvious passing situations and it gave Lawrence all kinds of fits. Hayes and Okwara on both edges, Tillery, Kareem inside, and I can't remember who played the 3rd inside spot. But, I never got why we didn't do more of it. Once Okwara got hurt in the game I understood but not sure why it didn't stay in '19 or even '20 with Hayes/Foskey.

The NFL uses it more than I see in college (the Broncos used to use it a lot of Ware and Miller on the edges) as it's kind of a sellout package to get to the QB. But instead of blitzing a LB from distance (for a 5th pass rusher) it's just hey, this is our 5 best pass rushers against your 5 or 6 best protectors, let's go. In the event that you run this there would be no Nickel CB or only 1 inside LB. At the time in '18 we had Lamb roam the middle of the field. But, there are different things you can do to make it more of a consistent package like dropping various players into zones and things like that. It's just a damn intimidating site for a QB.

Comment

I'm excited..... NB downs ... oh my

bear is drooling too.

so much to be happy about

I just want to kill FSU

As you know from past exchanges, I'm a Bauer and Kiser fan. I know they are low trait guys, but can't wait to see them.

Comment

I'm glad you like it, lol.

I'd actually use that for Nickel/Dime packages. We actually started the Clemson playoff game in '18 with that in obvious passing situations and it gave Lawrence all kinds of fits. Hayes and Okwara on both edges, Tillery, Kareem inside, and I can't remember who played the 3rd inside spot. But, I never got why we didn't do more of it. Once Okwara got hurt in the game I understood but not sure why it didn't stay in '19 or even '20 with Hayes/Foskey.

The NFL uses it more than I see in college (the Broncos used to use it a lot of Ware and Miller on the edges) as it's kind of a sellout package to get to the QB. But instead of blitzing a LB from distance (for a 5th pass rusher) it's just hey, this is our 5 best pass rushers against your 5 or 6 best protectors, let's go. In the event that you run this there would be no Nickel CB or only 1 inside LB. At the time in '18 we had Lamb roam the middle of the field. But, there are different things you can do to make it more of a consistent package like dropping various players into zones and things like that. It's just a damn intimidating site for a QB.
                                                                                                    If Foskey and/or Botelho are capable of dropping in coverage then I understand the thought. Otherwise, 5 DL can leave you exposed unless the secondary/LBs are very 'sticky'. I thought it'd be more of what Saban was talking about running against us in the playoffs. I thought he had a bear package for the heavy offensive packages. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Correction: Saban said they had a "hippo" package for 13 personnel where they only keep 3 DBs in the game and put an extra LB in to match size.

Comment

Kevin Austin, Jordan Johnson, and Kyle Hamilton all suited up for practice.
                                                                                                      Keys has an extra gear to him for sure. I won’t take much from the spring game, but I think Keys will be one to monitor and can quickly be like “Wow, that’s something” or he just blends it like years past

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X