Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Spring Practice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    If Austin and Lenzy can stay healthy this year, do you think they'll be productive?

    I like the idea of Williams and Tyree on the field together, with Tyree's speed they could move him around use him as a slot, jet sweep.

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by irishandy View Post
      If Austin and Lenzy can stay healthy this year, do you think they'll be productive?

      I like the idea of Williams and Tyree on the field together, with Tyree's speed they could move him around use him as a slot, jet sweep.
      That's a MIGHTY BIG IF!

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by irishandy View Post
        If Austin and Lenzy can stay healthy this year, do you think they'll be productive?

        I like the idea of Williams and Tyree on the field together, with Tyree's speed they could move him around use him as a slot, jet sweep.
        I want to see 2 back sets, but also want to see W at RB and T out of the slot at times.
        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

        Comment


        • #54
          Been trying to think of a team that was heavy 2 Back Set, without mobile QB recently and struggling to think of one. Certainly teams that use 2 Backs but not a frequent set together. I’m sure there is an obvious one forgetting but would have to think one essentially plays Slot WR if they are on field together that much

          Some concepts Panthers used with Curtis Samuel and CMC/Davis might be in the realm
          Last edited by Dale; 03-28-2021, 03:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Been trying to think of a team that was heavy 2 Back Set, without mobile QB recently and struggling to think of one. Certainly teams that use 2 Backs but not a frequent set together. I’m sure there is an obvious one forgetting but would have to think one essentially plays Slot WR if they are on field together that much

            Some concepts Panthers used with Curtis Samuel and CMC/Davis might be in the realm
            Chip Kelly's Oregon teams are the only ones i can think of in recent times that really heavily featured a two back set but De'Anthony Thomas was always a slot/Rb tweener
            What did Davonte do?

            Comment


            • #56
              We don't need to be 2 back heavy, we just need it in the arsenal. We are hopefully multiple and capable of inflicting a thousand deep cuts to our opponents. They want to go light and fast? We bring in the 12/13 package. They want to load up the box with their bigs? We go 4-5 wide or split backs. I just really hope we double or triple the number of passes thrown >30 yards. That's a must if we want to take another step.

              Comment


              • #57


                Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-30-2021, 02:21 PM.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Picks by both JC and TBuch... When is Kelly going to develop a QB?
                  " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    PBU and INT by Justin Walters there... the safety depth chart is far from set in stone outside KH. Would be very welcome news if he can make an impact.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Would have been nice if someone would have turned on the lights for practice.

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Originally posted by GoldenAura View Post
                        The Good
                        1. Braden Lenzy still has wheels.
                        2. Tariq Bracy looking like his old (younger) self.
                        3. Walters, Walters, Everywhere.

                        The Bad
                        1. Clarence Lewis getting torched by Lenzy.
                        2. Two INTs from the QBs most ND fans want to start.

                        The Ugly
                        1. Groundhog says 4 more years of sub-6’ QBs.
                        Last edited by longliveautrydenson; 03-30-2021, 04:10 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          I thought Walters was one of the most underrated guys in the 21 class. He’ll be starting very soon in my opinion
                          Love Thee Notre Dame!

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

                            The Good
                            1. Braden Lenzy still has wheels.
                            2. Tariq Bracy looking like his old (younger) self.
                            3. Walters, Walters, Everywhere.

                            The Bad
                            1. Clarence Lewis getting torched by Lenzy.
                            2. Two INTs from the QBs most ND fans want to start.

                            The Ugly
                            1. Groundhog says 4 more years of sub-6’ QBs.
                            I hope it doesn't matter but I had read that Buchner was a legit 6'2 and maybe a little more. When I saw he measured in at 6'1, I thought to myself, of course he is. I'd be very interested in knowing what part height/length plays into the evals.

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                              PBU and INT by Justin Walters there... the safety depth chart is far from set in stone outside KH. Would be very welcome news if he can make an impact.
                              That he would but I'll be interested to see how he holds up over the course of a season. He's listed at 178. Weight is not the end all be all but that is super light for a collegiate S.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                That new video shows Buchner's funky release

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                  That new video shows Buchner's funky release
                                  I saw that. I'll probably lose it if that breaks him as a prospect. Loy shot that video of him, pre-Taylor dumbass Kelly, and it was a thing of beauty. How in the world did anybody allow that to happen. Just crazy.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                    I thought Walters was one of the most underrated guys in the 21 class. He’ll be starting very soon in my opinion
                                    That makes one of us. I thought he'd be relegated to backup duties until his senior/5th year. Maybe he's more of a playmaker than I gave him credit. I thought he was another hammer without requisite coverage skills.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                      I saw that. I'll probably lose it if that breaks him as a prospect. Loy shot that video of him, pre-Taylor dumbass Kelly, and it was a thing of beauty. How in the world did anybody allow that to happen. Just crazy.
                                      This is the way.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        In the clip with the DBs pass breakup drill with Cam hart, are we not coaching to turn your head for the ball or is that a specific drill where they aren’t supposed to turn and find the ball?

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          TB12 looks sawed off..

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

                                            The Good
                                            1. Braden Lenzy still has wheels.
                                            2. Tariq Bracy looking like his old (younger) self.
                                            3. Walters, Walters, Everywhere.

                                            The Bad
                                            1. Clarence Lewis getting torched by Lenzy.
                                            2. Two INTs from the QBs most ND fans want to start.

                                            The Ugly
                                            1. Groundhog says 4 more years of sub-6’ QBs.
                                            That throw by DP at 1:07 has to be in the good. And it contributes to the ugly...
                                            Last edited by NDohio; 03-31-2021, 01:21 PM.

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Does anyone know / have a list of the spring practice dates?

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                I saw that. I'll probably lose it if that breaks him as a prospect. Loy shot that video of him, pre-Taylor dumbass Kelly, and it was a thing of beauty. How in the world did anybody allow that to happen. Just crazy.

                                                HOT TAKE ALERT!!!

                                                TB=PJ and will never start a game at ND.

                                                Also, has/have any of Taylor Kelly's students gone on to be a big deal? Serious question as I have no idea who has all went to him.
                                                " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  I'm shocked more college teams don't have rules against QB recruits working with non-staff trainers.

                                                  Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75


                                                    New Highlights

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #76


                                                      cold as balls today and the DL are working outside...noice
                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #77
                                                        is that snow?
                                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #78
                                                          Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                          is that snow?
                                                          Probably. It flurried a little today down in the Indy area and looks like a little April lake effect coming across on the radar to the SB area :)
                                                          I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #79
                                                            Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                            is that snow?
                                                            yep! cold in the midwest today had some flurries here in Michigan
                                                            What did Davonte do?

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #80
                                                              Don't care who says what, TB12 gets rid of the ball quick

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #81
                                                                Fisher and Styles getting the early hype from the staff per Loy



                                                                https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ame-163477298/

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #82
                                                                  Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

                                                                  yep! cold in the midwest today had some flurries here in Michigan
                                                                  It's snowing in Cincy for Reds opening day lol

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #83
                                                                    Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                    Fisher and Styles getting the early hype from the staff per Loy



                                                                    https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ame-163477298/
                                                                    The fact that Fisher came into the program in-shape is a game changer for my view of him as a prospect. I was honestly pretty meh on him because I kept hearing about his astronomical weight and thought there was no chance it was good weight. I figured he was going to need a year or two to get himself into playing shape.

                                                                    Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #84
                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

                                                                      It's snowing in Cincy for Reds opening day lol
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #85
                                                                        Nana is #18 and he flashed in those highlights a couple of times. Those would be 2 TFL's in a full-go full pad situation. Not too shabby.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #86
                                                                          Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                          Don't care who says what, TB12 gets rid of the ball quick
                                                                          On the deep ball to Salerno. It was a good looking ball and perfectly placed but it came off his hand almost at the side. Hopefully it just works for him and he's a baller.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #87
                                                                            Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                                            On the deep ball to Salerno. It was a good looking ball and perfectly placed but it came off his hand almost at the side. Hopefully it just works for him and he's a baller.

                                                                            I got a really good screen shot of his arm angle and it is not pretty. I just can't seem to get it posted. Such a bummer because those early films of him, his arm motion was awesome and had zip.
                                                                            " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #88
                                                                              Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post


                                                                              I got a really good screen shot of his arm angle and it is not pretty. I just can't seem to get it posted. Such a bummer because those early films of him, his arm motion was awesome and had zip.
                                                                              You should take a screen of Baker, Mahomes and Rivers sometime too

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #89
                                                                                It's not a gorgeous release, but Phil's was ugly AND he couldn't even throw a spiral. TB doesn't have that problem *knock on wood*

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                  It's not a gorgeous release, but Phil's was ugly AND he couldn't even throw a spiral. TB doesn't have that problem *knock on wood*
                                                                                  PJ's was also much longer of a motion too, very baseball style.
                                                                                  TBs is a wrist flip. Much like mobile QBs are becoming the "norm" this is going to be one of the norms going forward at CFB and NFL level.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post


                                                                                    I got a really good screen shot of his arm angle and it is not pretty. I just can't seem to get it posted. Such a bummer because those early films of him, his arm motion was awesome and had zip.
                                                                                    He was clearly over-coached to quicken up his release. It remains to be seen whether his delivery is forever ruined or if this is more of a temporary mechanical thing.
                                                                                    Last edited by IrishLax; 04-01-2021, 02:11 PM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #92

                                                                                      Coan might not be the most athletic or have the biggest arm, but having a tall QB who can put touch on the ball is something ND has not had since literally Brady Quinn. Clausen had touch, but was a medium height guy at 6'2"ish. It's going to be interesting seeing a TE heavy offense with a QB that can attack the middle of the field.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #93
                                                                                        Yea, I think Coan plus the skill players puts a solid floor in this offense. The ceiling is a little TBD. I feel really good about what we have in Williams, Tyree, and Mayer. And I feel really good about getting high level production out of the group (group being the important part) of Austin, Lenzy, Johnson, Davis, Styles, Watts, Keys, Wilkins, etc. I think the OL will make or break whether this offense is a top unit capable of winning 11-12 games or if we're going for a 9-10 win season.

                                                                                        I thought Kelly made a good point in his first presser. There are always question marks this time of year but do they have guys to step up. I think they've done a really good job with the roster, on both sides of the ball, that make me think there will be guys stepping up over Spring and Fall camp to put this team in a position to be really competitive.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #94
                                                                                          Wilkins is all over these highlights.

                                                                                          On a side note - anybody know how to increase posts per page? I went into the settings and tried to change it to 40 vice the forum default, and when I saved settings it kept going back to Forum default
                                                                                          “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                                                            Wilkins is all over these highlights.

                                                                                            On a side note - anybody know how to increase posts per page? I went into the settings and tried to change it to 40 vice the forum default, and when I saved settings it kept going back to Forum default
                                                                                            Try setting it to forum default. I upped it to 50 posts per page. The original default was set at 15.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                              Nana is #18 and he flashed in those highlights a couple of times. Those would be 2 TFL's in a full-go full pad situation. Not too shabby.
                                                                                              High hopes for Nana.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

                                                                                                He was clearly over-coached to quicken up his release. It remains to be seen whether his delivery is forever ruined or if this is more of a temporary mechanical thing.

                                                                                                Yeah, not sure. I was just reading a post on Instagram, ISD said that TB has returned to his old throwing motion, and he is just using one of his "various release points". They said it was a strength. Not sure I buy that he went back to his old JR year release point, it looks a lot different then the film from HS. I mean if it works great, but he had such a great release with velocity, touch ect, changed his motion and couldn't hit the side of a barn unless he was on the move. You are right, totally over coached, lets hope that Tommy and Co. don't try to reinvent the wheel and mess him up further.
                                                                                                " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                  Nana is #18 and he flashed in those highlights a couple of times. Those would be 2 TFL's in a full-go full pad situation. Not too shabby.
                                                                                                  This is a big year for Nana. A make or break year for him. He needs to be in the two deep rotation this fall. It sucks that last season was a total loss for him in his development.


                                                                                                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post

                                                                                                    This is a big year for Nana. A make or break year for him. He needs to be in the two deep rotation this fall. It sucks that last season was a total loss for him in his development.


                                                                                                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                                                                    Make or break as a redshirt sophomore? I'm the typical vociferous defender of not giving up on players until the 4th/5th year has passed but the only reason I'm inclined to agree is the level of our recruiting on that side of the ball is continuously improving. I mean, it was just a few classes ago we were signing classes of Tiassum and Dew-Treadway (nothing against them, glad they were able to get a degree and be Irish). But the defensive recruiting has really taken a step forward so these guys who've been in the program need to continue developing or they're never going to see the field.

                                                                                                    I don't know if make or break is the right word, unless they want early playing time. All they need to do is continue growing/developing. I hope we keep some journeymen along with the rockstar youngsters for the stability it offers.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

                                                                                                      Make or break as a redshirt sophomore? I'm the typical vociferous defender of not giving up on players until the 4th/5th year has passed but the only reason I'm inclined to agree is the level of our recruiting on that side of the ball is continuously improving. I mean, it was just a few classes ago we were signing classes of Tiassum and Dew-Treadway (nothing against them, glad they were able to get a degree and be Irish). But the defensive recruiting has really taken a step forward so these guys who've been in the program need to continue developing or they're never going to see the field.

                                                                                                      I don't know if make or break is the right word, unless they want early playing time. All they need to do is continue growing/developing. I hope we keep some journeymen along with the rockstar youngsters for the stability it offers.
                                                                                                      While I agree it's not make it or break it, It's an extremely important year for him. I think they just moved Ehrensberger to his side, so if he gets passed by a sophomore, his starter chances (for next year) take a huge hit. Since they moved MTA to that "heavy end" spot too, that side is just getting crowded.
                                                                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X