2021 Spring Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

If Foskey and/or Botelho are capable of dropping in coverage then I understand the thought. Otherwise, 5 DL can leave you exposed unless the secondary/LBs are very 'sticky'. I thought it'd be more of what Saban was talking about running against us in the playoffs. I thought he had a bear package for the heavy offensive packages. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Correction: Saban said they had a "hippo" package for 13 personnel where they only keep 3 DBs in the game and put an extra LB in to match size.
    Well, there are definitely risks as those 5 DL have to get home but that's also the point. Create pressure and create quick decisions. Get the ball out of the QB's hands. How long can the protection hold up against those 5 guys. It surely shouldn't be long enough to let all routes develop. If it is, you aren't running it. And if it's not, what are routes are you giving up. First down routes or get off the field routes.

All things to take into consideration but like I said. It worked very well to start the '18 playoff game. So much that I'm genuinely surprised we didn't use it more. I think Lea ran a more conservative defense last year to not give up big plays as it seems like with some of Kelly's recent comments that was an overall goal of last year to create consistency. Freeman has a little different mindset and it sounds like Kelly and the offense do too, for this year.

We'll see. I genuinely think it's something they could get into 10-15 snaps/game

Comment

If Foskey and/or Botelho are capable of dropping in coverage then I understand the thought. Otherwise, 5 DL can leave you exposed unless the secondary/LBs are very 'sticky'. I thought it'd be more of what Saban was talking about running against us in the playoffs. I thought he had a bear package for the heavy offensive packages. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Correction: Saban said they had a "hippo" package for 13 personnel where they only keep 3 DBs in the game and put an extra LB in to match size.
      Yep and they could stay in it because Book wasn't a threat to go deep.

Comment

• It was Lugg back at practice with the 1st OL in last practice.

Fisher - Spindler - Correll - Kristofic - Lugg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
          It was Lugg back at practice with the 1st OL in last practice.

Fisher - Spindler - Correll - Kristofic - Lugg
          Who gets bumped when Patterson comes back? Or does Baker bump Fisher, as well? Predictions?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachB View Post

Who gets bumped when Patterson comes back? Or does Baker bump Fisher, as well? Predictions?
            My guess has been Fisher - Patterson - Correll - Kristofic - Lugg.

Likely depends what Patterson looks like as T or G. I’d guess at least one spot is a share to begin with but if I had to name 5 would go with that

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              I really hope Kelly is sand bagging the WR's to try and light a fire under them and it works. I just have this feeling I'm going to be drooling come Fall camps watching Austin, Johnson, Keys, Lenzy, etc run circles around our DB's. Then we'll be worrying about our defense, lol.
              Lucky- this would be big if this could happen for the WR's, it will be interesting to see if our freshman can make us "drool" come fall camp. I think we'll be fine on defense though.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post

Lucky- this would be big if this could happen for the WR's, it will be interesting to see if our freshman can make us "drool" come fall camp. I think we'll be fine on defense though.
                Well, we haven't seen it much because he hasn't played in many games but when Austin has been healthy he's dominated practice. Healthy and active he is a legitimate #1 WR and NFL guy. We know what Lenzy can do when he gets the ball in his hands. And, Keys is playing really well right now. And I just think too much would have to go wrong for this group not to be much improved come Fall Camp.

Comment

• This was an interesting read from Prister. Granted it's mostly what we've seen and some things he's been told. But Keys name being praised.

Fifteen Noteworthy Notre Dame Performers in Spring 2021 (247sports.com)

Comment

• MTA looks great. Would love to see that guy uncork one this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                      MTA looks great. Would love to see that guy uncork one this fall.
                      Yea, those couple of reps really jumped out to me as well.

He's very quick, good snap anticipation, and has good bend/flexibility. It's going to be interesting watching him all year play the Big End position.

Comment

• ISD Game Predictions: 2021 Blue-Gold Game | Irish Sports Daily

Comment

• How can you make predictions before getting to watch a single practice? Couldn't they have waited 24 more hours before doing this? Maybe the spring game can't tell you anything but what do 14 - 3 min clips tell you?

Lol, i'd still love to read it but I'm surprised they didn't wait at least until spring ball had concluded with the largest media viewing offered.

Comment

How can you make predictions before getting to watch a single practice? Couldn't they have waited 24 more hours before doing this? Maybe the spring game can't tell you anything but what do 14 - 3 min clips tell you?

Lol, i'd still love to read it but I'm surprised they didn't wait at least until spring ball had concluded with the largest media viewing offered.
                            I think it makes prefect sense for their predictions for the Blue/Gold game to come prior to the start of said game. If they would have waited 24 hours to make their Blue/Gold Game predictions they would probably need to call it a recap?

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

I think it makes prefect sense for their predictions for the Blue/Gold game to come prior to the start of said game. If they would have waited 24 hours to make their Blue/Gold Game predictions they would probably need to call it a recap?
                              oh shit, lol. Disregard my poor reading comprehension. I thought it said season game predictions and I thought it was the oddest time to drop them with the biggest-but-not-entirely-useful data point less than 24 hrs away. Makes sense why they would drop BG predicitons before the BG game.

I'll see myself out.

Comment

• Mr. Personality Tommy Rees!

Comment

oh shit, lol. Disregard my poor reading comprehension. I thought it said season game predictions and I thought it was the oddest time to drop them with the biggest-but-not-entirely-useful data point less than 24 hrs away. Makes sense why they would drop BG predicitons before the BG game.

I'll see myself out.
                                  Baha I understood the bigger point you were making and was making a funny based on the way you stated it. And yes, you are correct in that they have very little more to work off of than we do in assessing the team or making predictions at this point.

Comment

• Comment

• Hypothetical starters - Blue

QB Buchner/Pyne
                                      RB Tyree
                                      WR Lenzy, Davis, Johnson (!!)
                                      TE Mayer
                                      OL Baker - Spindler - Gibbons - Dirksen - Carmody

Comment

• Hypothetical Starters - Gold

QB Coan
                                        RB Williams
                                        WR Wilkins, Keys, Styles (?!)
                                        TE Tackas
                                        OL Fisher - Carroll (?) - Correll - Kristofic - Lugg

Comment

• What's up with Bauman?

Comment

• Has the game started? The Peacock site has just said "coverage to begin shortly" for the last past half hour
                                            "Canada is the greatest nation in this country." -Allan Lamport

Comment

• Same here...waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrIrishCanadian1 View Post
                                                Has the game started? The Peacock site has just said "coverage to begin shortly" for the last past half hour
                                                12:30 ET

Comment

• Today's the day we're gonna win!

Comment

• JJ starting!
                                                    Huge block

Comment

• Jack hitting players in stride?

Comment

• Lorenzo with 3 early targets from Jack. Watch out!

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                          Jack hitting players in stride?
                                                          He's looked pretty good so far, that little seam route to Takacs is something a lot of people have been waiting on.

Comment

• I guess they are still trying to find someone other than Correll that can snap the ball. A number of high or off target snaps are throwing off the timing on some of these plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                              I guess they are still trying to find someone other than Correll that can snap the ball. A number of high or off target snaps are throwing off the timing on some of these plays.
                                                              Zeke about to play both sides if this continues

Comment

• Formation wise a noticeable more spread out O with Coan than Pyne. TE has been detached each time

Comment

• That was a nifty little cut by Tyree

Comment

• I feel like Tyree is going to have a big year alongside Kyren.
                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Nice little slip of JJ leveraging inside and Tyree quick out. Bookmark that play that’s free 6 yards for Kyren/Tyree if WR does his job

Comment

• Pyne running the Ian offense. Jack running the new offense. Very stark difference it looks like.

Comment

• Like what I'm seeing from Ramon Henderson so far. Seems like a physical guy

Comment

• Cohan’s arm looks solid on the long throws

Comment

• Coan can sling. I’ve seen enough

Comment

• Bo just body slammed Cbo... Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                                                                  Cohan’s arm looks solid on the long throws
                                                                                  Who?

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Who?
                                                                                    Lol autocorrect

Comment

• TB12 appearance!

Comment

• "Tyler throws the prettiest ball I've ever seen" - Corey Robinson

It is written

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                          Coan can sling. I’ve seen enough
                                                                                          Yup, clear starter.

Comment

• I've seen all I need to see -- Coan's the guy. Now let's get Buchner some significant reps THROWING the ball. Pyne will never be anything more than a budget Book. Time for the offense to take a step forward, not backwards or sideways.

EDIT: As Coan throw an INT ŸŸŸ

Comment

• Welp, guess it’s spring ball :)

Comment

• That's a helluva play by Simon.

Comment

• 3rd and 18 conversion Pyne to Lenzy!

Comment

• Pyne really really likes those TE cross route.

Comment

• No Mayer yet, is he being held out?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X