This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
    Going to my first ND game against USC. Going to be driving up from Philly the night prior. Just got my tickets so I’m a little late to the hotel scene, any advice for finding a last minute spot to crash in the area that won’t break the bank?

Also any other advice for things to check out before or after, bars and what not would be cool too. Should be an awesome to experience ND Vs USC night game for my first game.
    How many of you coming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Hotel's are going to break the bank if you can find one. Some have a two day minimum. I would look for something about 20-30 miles out. Prices should be lower and it's a relatively short drive.
      Yeah, hotels in the area are ridiculous. You can usually find a place for a decent price per person on airbnb if you have a group.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

How many of you coming?
        Just two, me and one other.

If it were a day trip, I’d probably just go to Chicago or Indianapolis afterwards. But being a night game it probably won’t end till like 11pm. So afterwards I’ll probably either bring celebrating at a bar or drinking myself away to forget.
        .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• I agree with Irish#1; your best bet is to get something about 30-45 minutes outside of South Bend, which is what I've done in the past. A lot of these towns have gotten wiser to ND game weekends, so you still might be paying $150-200 per night for some shit 3 star hotel, but it's better than the $400+ you'll be paying anywhere in the South Bend/Mishawaka area.

I'll say this though, it's worth every penny. Enjoy your first ND game!
          My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Stay in Merriville, get some Portillos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
              I agree with Irish#1; your best bet is to get something about 30-45 minutes outside of South Bend, which is what I've done in the past. A lot of these towns have gotten wiser to ND game weekends, so you still might be paying $150-200 per night for some shit 3 star hotel, but it's better than the $400+ you'll be paying anywhere in the South Bend/Mishawaka area.

I'll say this though, it's worth every penny. Enjoy your first ND game!
              Hotels in Plymouth, IN have caught on. We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth, but they now charge $300 for a night.

Funny story.......We decided at the last minute to come to a game and could only find what I would describe as less than stellar hotel in Plymouth. First thing we did, was go buy new sheets and pillows. Get back to the room after the game around 1:00AM. About the time we're falling a sleep, we hear the door for the room next door close with a bang. Evidently some dude and lady)?) were hooking up for the night. They start grinding and all we hear is this lady moaning and and encouraging the dude to give her more. "Oh Yeah, I love it, More!" This goes on for over an hour (guys stamina was impressive). Finally, the wife gets up, goes to the wall and starts banging on it. "For Gods sake, will you hurry up and finish, I'm trying to sleep!" I'm laughing my ass off when we hear a loud moan from the lady, then nothing but quiet. I guess they just needed a little encouragement. lol

Comment

• There is a Baymont by Wyndham in Dowagiac, Michigan for $85 a night right now for the weekend of the game. Dowagiac is a small town about 30 minutes north of campus.

Comment

• Check out Airbnb also. I got one about a 20 min drive from campus for the last USC game and was able to do so for just one night.

Comment

• i think I wrote this earlier in this thread but we had a GLORIOUS game day experience v USC in 2015.

Might be a little late now but seriously consider the Bus2NotreDame out of Chicago. Accommodation and food experiences are almost unlimited and the city was buzzing with anticipation. The USC game we attended was a night game and the bus left around 10:00 a.m. Breakfast, drinks, tailgating and a very late dinner were all provided. We paid $125 per person.

We arrived on campus around 12:30 which gave us plenty of time to take a lot in... a lot! People were so helpful and generous, particularly when they found out we travelled a long way to cheer for The Irish.

We had the benefit of attending with a gentleman who had been to a few games and attended coaching clinics at ND. He was an amazing guide and knew where things were happening. The best advice he gave? Don't drink too much... alcohol or otherwise. The line-ups to the washrooms and porta-potties were CRAZY!

I've been pretty fortunate in my life and the ND experience ranks among my very best experiences. I hope I get the opportunity to go back.

Cheers and Go Irish!!

Found the link to my friends article:

https://www.18stripes.com/evolution-...n-campus-tour/

If this violates any "cross-linking", Mods, please feel free to delete. No offence intended.

Comment

• I stay in Chesterton, IN. It’s perfect for me flying into Midway; 45 mins from the airport, 45 minutes into campus. It’s got a nice little main street area with good eats, craft beer, and a dive bar you can get need-help-walking drunk on $30 open til 3 am. USC weekend is crazy around campus, it just feels different, because it is different. You’re gonna have a blast

Comment

• Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. Someone even was kind enough to offer me a place to stay. But I found a good deal in Elkhart, less than 30 min from campus, and it’s right on my route back too so that’s convenient for the trip back.
                        .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Glad you found a place that didn't require a bank loan

Comment

• Anyone have suggestions on where I could park on Friday (for free?) during the day to tour campus/bookstore?

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                              Anyone have suggestions on where I could park on Friday (for free?) during the day to tour campus/bookstore?
                              You should be able to park at the bookstore.

Comment

• Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                Anyone have suggestions on where I could park on Friday (for free?) during the day to tour campus/bookstore?
                                Yeah, unless anything's changed since my last pep rally four or five years ago, you should be able to park at the Bookstore lot for free.
                                My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Bookstore fills up really fast.

Stadium parking is only a couple bucks I think.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X