Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'20 MA WR Jay Brunelle (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Well, I didn't say he was just a depth guy forever. He added value by being part of the depth chart long term. There is a difference between a guy who expects to play as a Freshman/Sophomore and a guy that continues to develop so that when he's a Junior/Senior and a whole in the depth chart opens up, he grabs it. Usually guys as underrecruited as Brunelle get that. Especially ones that have been injured. Which makes this even more bizarre to me.

The whole point of him coming to II and working out, was to earn an offer. Even being worked as ST's by Polian was just that. Hey, listen, you got some really nice skills but it may take some time. What else can you do? Great, looks good. Here's the scholarship. It's not like Brunelle was swimming in top 25 college football offers. Usually those guys realize their place as Freshman and Sophomores. Clearly Brunelle did at one point but not anymore.
    I get what you're saying, but it needs to be viewed from the perspective of a teenager. Back when I played (no leather helmets were long gone) I was competing against guys that were bigger. I busted my ass in practice and expected to play all the time. This could be that he sees playing time as a long shot and the injury this spring is just the straw that broke the camels back.

Comment

• I'm not saying Alexander is bad, but I'm ready to play the field..

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
        I'm not saying Alexander is bad, but I'm ready to play the field..
        If we can Land Merriweather, Williams, and another stud or 2 I will give him some more time but he's definitely on notice

Comment

• I don't understand the frustration with losing Brunelle. JJ was a big loss, Brunelle is a 3* that did not have a lot of offers, was injured twice and is now getting passed by 4* freshman.

Comment

I'm not saying Alexander is bad, but I'm ready to play the field..
            Are you by chance a freshmen receiver at ND?

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
              I don't understand the frustration with losing Brunelle. JJ was a big loss, Brunelle is a 3* that did not have a lot of offers, was injured twice and is now getting passed by 4* freshman.
              I agree, Losing Brunelle by itself is not that big a deal but it's just added to a long list of stuff that makes it look worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                I don't understand the frustration with losing Brunelle. JJ was a big loss, Brunelle is a 3* that did not have a lot of offers, was injured twice and is now getting passed by 4* freshman.
                It's more that the 19 and 20 WR classes are now down to ONE player rather than specific angst about brunelle. Also arguably raises questions about WR scouting given he was a camp offer. Wr Recruiting, development, scouting and usage all can be questioned at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

Are you by chance a freshmen receiver at ND?
                  39 year old dad bod but know how to win in tight spaces.

Comment

• If Lenzy and Austin have NFL aspirations after this year they both need to have a big year, otherwise STAY.

I am excited to see what our freshman WR's can do.

Was JJ a loss? We will see. We all liked getting Watts- step up.

Someone, anyone at the WR position needs to step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

It's more that the 19 and 20 WR classes are now down to ONE player rather than specific angst about brunelle. Also arguably raises questions about WR scouting given he was a camp offer. Wr Recruiting, development, scouting and usage all can be questioned at the moment.
                      And that "one player" has previously been rumored (more like speculated) to be a "transfer risk" lol

Comment

39 year old dad bod but know how to win in tight spaces.
                        That's what she said

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                          If Lenzy and Austin have NFL aspirations after this year they both need to have a big year, otherwise STAY.

I am excited to see what our freshman WR's can do.

Was JJ a loss? We will see. We all liked getting Watts- step up.

Someone, anyone at the WR position needs to step up.
                          If Austin is healthy all season, he's going in the draft. Snowball chance in you know what he comes back if he plays all 12+ games.

Comment

If Austin is healthy all season, he's going in the draft. Snowball chance in you know what he comes back if he plays all 12+ games.
                            But he is going to need to have a booming year. He has proved anything.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

But he is going to need to have a booming year. He has proved anything.
                              Exactly. He was healthy for the start of last year and he only had a few catches through until he was injured so they probably ease him in again this year the same way. No way he does enough to get drafted in 8 or so games of full go.

Comment

• Unfortunately, this kind of thing is going to become more and more commonplace with the new rule where players can transfer and play immediately. If you're buried on the depth chart after your first year or having a tough time adjusting or face any adversity whatsoever there are going to be forces pushing these kids to transfer.

There is a LOT of talk behind the scenes about how the 25 signees per year rule is going to need to change. I also think Notre Dame is going to need to get into the habit of not just taking grad transfer but actively looking at poaching underclass transfer from other teams. It remains to be seen what kind of success they can have with that relative to other football factories due to admissions though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                  Unfortunately, this kind of thing is going to become more and more commonplace with the new rule where players can transfer and play immediately. If you're buried on the depth chart after your first year or having a tough time adjusting or face any adversity whatsoever there are going to be forces pushing these kids to transfer.

There is a LOT of talk behind the scenes about how the 25 signees per year rule is going to need to change. I also think Notre Dame is going to need to get into the habit of not just taking grad transfer but actively looking at poaching underclass transfer from other teams. It remains to be seen what kind of success they can have with that relative to other football factories due to admissions though.
                                  BK mentioned that they'd be looking at working with admissions on figuring out undergrad transfers... Jack, BK and Rev. Jenkins must all be working together in a give-and-take.

JS tells BK and Jenkins that they can be a playoff team every time they're 11-1, and most times they're 10-2, but they don't get a bye ever. BK says 'that's fine, but I need some help with undergrad transfers or else the portal is going to slowly drain our depth,' so Jenkins says 'if you keep winning and set us up to roll when your contract is up, I'll see what I can do.'

At least in a dream world...

Comment

• This stinks. The kid kind of reminds me of a cross between Danny Amendola and Jordy Nelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Exactly. He was healthy for the start of last year and he only had a few catches through until he was injured so they probably ease him in again this year the same way. No way he does enough to get drafted in 8 or so games of full go.
                                      No. He broke his foot during Fall Camp and missed the start of the season. He tried to come back without surgery and letting it heal. He appeared in 2 games (FSU and UL). Playing a total of 25 snaps and had 1 catch. It wasn’t like he was available for a lot of football and wasn’t producing.

If he plays in 12+ games which he’s expected to be healthy for the full season (will be 8 or 9 months removed from his surgery) he gone. Write it down and circle it.

The reason he re-injured the foot was because he and his family chose to not get surgery the first time. In an effort to get on the field faster. It was not a doctor recommendation. Now, why would they do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

This is not correct at all. He broke his foot in Fall Camp, so no he was not healthy at the start of last season.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

No. He broke his foot during Fall Camp and missed the start of the season. He tried to come back without surgery and letting it heal. He appeared in 2 games (FSU and UL). Playing a total of 25 snaps and had 1 catch. It wasn’t like he was available for a lot of football and wasn’t producing.

If he plays in 12+ games which he’s expected to be healthy for the full season (will be 8 or 9 months removed from his surgery) he gone. Write it down and circle it.

The reason he re-injured the foot was because he and his family chose to not get surgery the first time. In an effort to get on the field faster. It was not a doctor recommendation. Now, why would they do that?
                                        100% correct Lucky. If Austin is healthy for the entire season and is able to put together a big year, ala Boykin and Claypool final season, he gone to the NFL.

Comment

This stinks. The kid kind of reminds me of a cross between Danny Amendola and Jordy Nelson.
                                          Wonder why????
                                          Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

This stinks. The kid kind of reminds me of a cross between Danny Amendola and Jordy Nelson.
                                            Funny... I was thinking more like a cross between Wes Welker & Brandon Stokley.

Comment

Because of his great intangibles?
                                              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Yeah, my mistake.

Comment

• Comment

• Wanting to become the next JP Shohfi.

Comment

• It makes me think Jay was in a bit over his head at ND as far as the talent pool goes but hope he crushes it as a Bulldog!

Comment

• Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post
                                                        It makes me think Jay was in a bit over his head at ND as far as the talent pool goes but hope he crushes it as a Bulldog!
                                                        Hard to imagine our current WR room scaring off Brunelle.

Comment

• He just really wants to become a member of Skull and Bones.

Comment

• I’ll try to be as not come off as offending in the direction of Brunelle but it’s good for him to have his change of course be YALE while also important to recognize talent that apparently could be Ivy League level it is important to cycle out of the roster, quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                              I’ll try to be as not come off as offending in the direction of Brunelle but it’s good for him to have his change of course be YALE while also important to recognize talent that apparently could be Ivy League level it is important to cycle out of the roster, quickly.
                                                              After zero punctuation, I love the one comma right before the last word. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by SBirishlawyer View Post

After zero punctuation, I love the one comma right before the last word. :)
                                                                lol didn’t say I could go to Yale

Comment

• I doubt Brunelle was on the field long enough to be "in over his head" against the talent pool. Can't really compete with the talent pool when you're injured pretty much the entire time you're on the team.
                                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Since the Ivies don’t give athletic scholarships, does the coaching staff/admissions help student-athletes gets subsidized w/ academic aid &/or does the kid (his parents) have to take out loans or write a check?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                                                                      Since the Ivies don’t give athletic scholarships, does the coaching staff/admissions help student-athletes gets subsidized w/ academic aid &/or does the kid (his parents) have to take out loans or write a check?
                                                                      pretty sure with endowments if you can get admitted then your tuition is free right? that's how harvard works anyways
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                      Working...
                                                                      X