Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'20 MO WR Jordan Johnson (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
    There seems to be a bit of revisionist history re: Kyren.

He wasn't permanently benched just because of the drop. He had work to do with the weight room. He packed on to much weight prior to his freshman year and looked noticeably slower and there were reports of him going down pretty easily.

He needed to trim down and get back his explosiveness and agility. He looks very noticeably different now compared to what he did last year.
    why are you trying to inject common sense into the latest "Brian Kelly is a crazy man" conspiracy theory?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
      No set criteria, just the vibe that I got from the recruit's interviews, social media, and other schools they considered when we were recruiting them. Tyree and Daelin especially seemed like "RKGs" to me at least. Max Redfield is an example of a guy that I thought was a great fit, RKG, etc... and still busted. Still don't understand that one.
      These guys never transfer and light it up at other programs though. The only good player on that list was Greenberry who never attended ND to begin with.

Comment

• With Austin's and Lenzy's injury does JJ see the field more?

I would say that Keys or Davis will take the place of Lenzy.

McKinley on one end and JJ on another would be intriguing, but those that have complained about Mayer getting more PT than JJ is that Mayer doesn't look like a freshman on the field, while JJ has.

Comment

• JJ didn't even travel this week due to behavioral issues so I'd say him getting more PT is a non conversation
          Prehistoric

Comment

• Kelly was asked after the game by Hansen that if with the injuries of he was going to try and work in guys like "JJ and Henderson"

"we have enough guys already" (paraphrasing)

We'll see JJ next year, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yep - BK refuses to use his name.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                Kelly was asked after the game by Hansen that if with the injuries of he was going to try and work in guys like "JJ and Henderson"

"we have enough guys already" (paraphrasing)

We'll see JJ next year, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Ready and good are two different things.
                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Transfer Watch?? With the whole no sitting out a year thing.
                  " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                    Transfer Watch?? With the whole no sitting out a year thing.
                    Sure makes you wonder. I guess now BK thinks since ND can finally stomp might Pitt under his watch, that he can let high rated WRs walk away.

Comment

• I think there has been 5 catches total from freshmen WRs in the last 30 games. It actually goes to show how impressive Mayer is.

It is like BK was burned by the Stepherson experience and doesnt trust anyone.

Comment

• Crazy wild theory, here me out: What if he’s just not talented enough to break the playing field above some experienced uper class men as a freshmen? Ben Skowronek was a starting receiver at Northwestern for 3 years, 2 of those years they were a top 25 team. He didn’t get much playing time until Pittsburg because of some injuries.

Overreacting maybe, talking about him being in the doghouse or transferring already??
                        .....Before I Get Out

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                          There seems to be a bit of revisionist history re: Kyren.

He wasn't permanently benched just because of the drop. He had work to do with the weight room. He packed on to much weight prior to his freshman year and looked noticeably slower and there were reports of him going down pretty easily.

He needed to trim down and get back his explosiveness and agility. He looks very noticeably different now compared to what he did last year.
                          Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                          This is accurate. Watch the spring game from 2019. Kyren has a small gut and zero definition.
                          Actually it is very accurate. There was an article written about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                            Ready, good, and doghouse are three different things.
                            FIFY
                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                              Crazy wild theory, here me out: What if he’s just not talented enough to break the playing field above some experienced uper class men as a freshmen? Ben Skowronek was a starting receiver at Northwestern for 3 years, 2 of those years they were a top 25 team. He didn’t get much playing time until Pittsburg because of some injuries.

Overreacting maybe, talking about him being in the doghouse or transferring already??
                              Crazy or wild in reality, nah. On here, absolutely.
                              Prehistoric

Comment

• Is there any actual evidence that he is contemplating a transfer? I’m asking legitimately because I haven’t seen anything. Perhaps JJ is aware he’s not where he needs to be at the moment and will work to get there (a la Kyren). He picked ND for a reason and I hope his reasoning is deeper than playing time in his freshman year of a weird pandemic season. A season that we are ranked in the top 5 btw. I get that we aren’t loaded at WR, but I do think he sees potential for playing time in the future. Lenzy seemingly can’t stay healthy, and I doubt the grad students stick around another year...... I don’t know (unless there’s reason for concern) it seems a bit silly to start putting out a transfer rumor/vibe already.....

Comment

• Jesus this thread has become worse than anything on NDNation.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishtrooper View Post
                                    Is there any actual evidence that he is contemplating a transfer? I’m asking legitimately because I haven’t seen anything. Perhaps JJ is aware he’s not where he needs to be at the moment and will work to get there (a la Kyren). He picked ND for a reason and I hope his reasoning is deeper than playing time in his freshman year of a weird pandemic season. A season that we are ranked in the top 5 btw. I get that we aren’t loaded at WR, but I do think he sees potential for playing time in the future. Lenzy seemingly can’t stay healthy, and I doubt the grad students stick around another year...... I don’t know (unless there’s reason for concern) it seems a bit silly to start putting out a transfer rumor/vibe already.....

No evidence, just idle chatter on message boards ect. One I read had to do with the no penalty for transferring rule that was passed. Makes it easy for guys to up and leave, deserved or not.
                                    " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

No evidence, just idle chatter on message boards ect. One I read had to do with the no penalty for transferring rule that was passed. Makes it easy for guys to up and leave, deserved or not.

Tks. Hopefully it’s just speculation. I’m looking forward to his future at ND

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                        Nominate for dumbest post of the year
                                        Agreed, I was hoping his post was hyperbole at first and then read on...
                                        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• would be a bummer to lose him, just wish he'd find his way onto the field.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/sta...037605384?s=19

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ian Book said Jordan Johnson was up with the varsity offense this week and had some “unbelievable catches” in practice on Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1321231584037605384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Yd3lQVbkYc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ian Book said Jordan Johnson was up with the varsity offense this week and had some “unbelievable catches” in practice on Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1321231584037605384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                  Nice.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ian Book said Jordan Johnson was up with the varsity offense this week and had some “unbelievable catches” in practice on Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1321231584037605384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                    sorry, but the timing on this if funny AF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                      I chuckled

Comment

• Id love to "live though" the growing pains in his career since we're tolerating year 4 of a certain someone

Comment

Probably Book telling Kelly to just “play the kid.”

Comment

I seriously can't believe I just went on a rant about how he's on the scout team and not doing a damn thing in practice...

...and apparently he got moved up to the real squad this week and is torching people.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l2ozOS8ZaVOKSyhljN" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/schittscreek-schitts-creek-poptv-l2ozOS8ZaVOKSyhljN">via GIPHY</a></p>

Comment

It could also be Books way of admitting he threw some bad passes on tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                I seriously can't believe I just went on a rant about how he's on the scout team and not doing a damn thing in practice...

...and apparently he got moved up to the real squad this week and is torching people.
                                                                LOL. Personally I've always thought BK was too conservative on young O skill. I probably feel that way from watching too much SEC. Then Tyree and Mayer start getting good looks this year.

Not sure though if this is a dog house issue, a kid that plays better than he practices or lacks effort in practice, or if BK is just being conservative and left the kid on the scout team with little to no attention. IDK.

Regardless, glad he's balling in practice. We certainly need it.

In the meantime,

Comment

Which board? I was curious where Koon is posting these days.
                                                                  "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Sooooooo, not transferring?.......

Comment

Probably Tommy if anyone.

Daddy, I need better toys....

Comment

I’d like a personal apology ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                          Regardless, glad he's balling in practice. We certainly need it.
                                                                          Of all the many ways that ND football can humble a man, this is probably the most pleasant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                            Of all the many ways that ND football can humble a man, this is probably the most pleasant.
                                                                            Everyone has to be happy when a player starts balling in a time of need.

Now, if Book can just recreate that practice magic in games for the next two weeks.... lol

Comment

• Let's see what happens on Saturday. I hope he flashes, we need someone to step up to continue to expand the passing game.

Comment

• Alright so we all know to temper our enthusiasm about JJ even seeing the field right? From wanting McKinley to become a #1 pass catcher, to finally seeing Lenzy take the field and expecting him to make some plays, to finally seeing Austin take the field and expecting him to make some plays... it just feels like as soon as we expect JJ to help us then ___ will limit him. We get what we get and we don’t throw a fit alright...

Comment

• So.. BK reads IE?

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                                                                    So.. BK reads IE?
                                                                                    NO HE DOESN'T THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM!!1!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                                      Do you think BK will let Jordan play if we all loan him our collective "traits?" Just for the Clemson game?
                                                                                      MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                                        If only he kept up with the live game threads

Comment

• Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                                                                          So.. BK reads IE?
                                                                                          He’s won zero national championships at ND so obviously not.
                                                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
                                                                                            Alright so we all know to temper our enthusiasm about JJ even seeing the field right? From wanting McKinley to become a #1 pass catcher, to finally seeing Lenzy take the field and expecting him to make some plays, to finally seeing Austin take the field and expecting him to make some plays... it just feels like as soon as we expect JJ to help us then ___ will limit him. We get what we get and we don’t throw a fit alright...
                                                                                            Yeah good luck with that.
                                                                                            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• We are gonna need him against Clemson

Comment

If only he kept up with the live game threads
                                                                                                I thought the game thread was fed to the jumbotron so everyone at the ground gets to follow.
                                                                                                Last edited by T-Boone; 10-28-2020, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 317Irish View Post
                                                                                                  Alright so we all know to temper our enthusiasm about JJ even seeing the field right?
                                                                                                  No.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                                                                                    We are gonna need him against Clemson
                                                                                                    Based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                                      Based on?
                                                                                                      Based on our WR’s getting zero separation this year. You will need speed against Clemson

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X