Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'20 MO WR Jordan Johnson (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

Or...if ND has 10 WR's and one or two are top 100 guys, shouldn't they have an easier path to playing time? I don't mean starting...just getting on the field and making a few plays.
    This assumes 100% hit rate of the prospect though. If one is not truly a Top 100 (JJ possibly) and one is hurt (Austin) then you have zero.

Comment

Or...if ND has 10 WR's and one or two are top 100 guys, shouldn't they have an easier path to playing time? I don't mean starting...just getting on the field and making a few plays.
      Sure if everything is clicking properly, but here's the problem. We get a 5 star WR in JJ and get excited about the possibilities, but he's our only 5 star WR. We know not every 5 star kid turns out to be a 5 star. Unfortunately our only 5 star WR was one of them. When we (IE) discuss players, our discussions are normally centered around FB and we lose sight that they have academics to deal with, adjusting to being away from home, etc. All of that affects on field performance.

Comment

Agree, but if ND plays Ohio St and Clemson in the next 2 years with WRs who don't scare anyone, we shouldn't expect different results. Then ND offensively is Wisconsin with more history and better unis.
        this logic is so fucking faulty i don't even know if you're trolling at this point....i guess they are the only players to play in a game???
        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• To sum up JJ's ND career: a 5* recruit who had academic troubles that led him not to play on the field and he transfers (takes the easy way out) out.

I don't agree with how the JJ situation goes into how the WR's are developed. Take away JJ's 5* headline and he is just another transfer.

Sure glad that Botelho matured and I bet will show on the field this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post

this logic is so fucking faulty i don't even know if you're trolling at this point....i guess they are the only players to play in a game???
            I don’t disagree with his logic at all there. Without threatening WRs we will not have a different result in the Playoff. 100% agree with that I don’t think it’s a troll sentiment at all and I’d be surprised if that’s not a majority sentiment

Comment

• I think many opinions on the JJ situation are highly colored by a posters underlying opinion of Coach Alexander. I wonder if most here would agree that it is a make or break year for our WR coach based on 2022 recruiting class potential/impression, 2021 position group overall performance, and three (dove tailing off #2) some higher rotation and development of younger receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post

I'd love to hear about what is faulty here. If you know your DBs can lock down all the WR's 1 on 1, your front 7 can focus entirely on the run game and tight ends.

If one of those WR's commands more than one guy's attention, it opens a lot of windows for the other guys (WR's, TE's, RB's).
                The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

I never disagreed with the premise that our WR talent isn't as high as it could/should be.

Unrelated but when was Wisconsin's last playoff appearance?
                  Fair point. They're very very close to what ND is, with the exception that the Badgers have to deal with Ohio St and ND does not...until next year.
                  The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Committing somewhere tomm. Only tangible name I’ve seen besides Missouri is Miami but haven’t looked to hard

Comment

I'd love to hear about what is faulty here. If you know your DBs can lock down all the WR's 1 on 1, your front 7 can focus entirely on the run game and tight ends.

If one of those WR's commands more than one guy's attention, it opens a lot of windows for the other guys (WR's, TE's, RB's).
                      i guess we were looking at it from different angles....i thought you were implying if we don't get a 5* wr or high 4 *(wr's that scare anyone) then nothing will change...if by actual production we don't have anyone that scares the opposing team, then yes i agree w. you...

Comment

• so on II podcast yesterday they mentioned that Johnson was kicked out of a Wide Receiver meeting before the Alabama game??
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                          so on II podcast yesterday they mentioned that Johnson was kicked out of a Wide Receiver meeting before the Alabama game??
                          "traits"

Comment

• The more I hear the more I think this kid is living the hype instead of walking the path.
                            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• rumored to be heading to UCF

What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Nobody open their eyes for all the deep balls he’ll catch. Gabriel loves to sling it lol

Comment

• Transferring to UCF

Comment

• Originally posted by TP81989 View Post
                                    Transferring to UCF
                                    I don't blame him, they are always in the NC hunt

Comment

• So after all that, the five star recruit is going to a G5 school that once awarded themselves a National Championship.

I regret the posts I wasted in this thread now more than ever. Onward we go to August.
                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post

I don't blame him, they are always in the NC hunt

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                          So after all that, the five star recruit is going to a G5 school that once awarded themselves a National Championship.

I regret the posts I wasted in this thread now more than ever. Onward we go to August.
                                          He just wants to play mane
                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

He just wants to play mane
                                            I assume that's why he made the choice he made.
                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• SEC powerhouse Mizzou loses twice.

Comment

• Sauce Gardner gonna show him that the grass isn't always greener #GoBearcats

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                  Sauce Gardner gonna show him that the grass isn't always greener #GoBearcats
                                                  A nice bounce-back game after he gets torched by Keys on October 2nd

Comment

• UCF? I guess he didn't pick ND for the usual reasons (academics, prestige, degree, beautiful campus) because they have none of that. Full disclosure, my daughter went there, its not anything like ND. His "traits" won't be an issue there.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                    Working...
                                                    X