Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 GA LB JD Bertrand (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Only way this makes sense is if staff know they have Asa

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
      So is there one scholarship?
      If Foskey commits than how do we take Asa?
      If we donít get Asa wouldnít JD have a spot?
      So which is more a position of need? DE or OLB/Rover?

      Makes you wonder why nothing from Foskey. Did ND slow play him to allow word from Asa? Or vice versa

      Cant imagine both would have been told only room for 1 scholy, first come first serve and neither do anything

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
        With that said, this is no better than Sabans grey shirt. I only hope that unlike Saban, BK will keep his word on the scholy next year.
        It is better. We told him he'll have the first scholarship available after this class is complete.

        If he accepted that proposition, both parties agree.


        Stop showing your true colors WR, we know where you spend at least some of your online time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post

          Makes you wonder why nothing from Foskey.
          It's been said a million times by now that Foskey isn't announcing anything publicly until the February Signing Day.

          Comment


          • Yep. Having a kid WANT to come here on time, AND pay his own way is totally Saban... Wingman, you are 0-2 today.

            Comment


            • Wrong dude. Im just saying that Saban has done a similar thing with a local boy and he didnt get the scholy year two. Im not saying BK is Saban or that he wont honor the agreement. I just said I hope he does.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                Wrong dude. Im just saying that Saban has done a similar thing with a local boy and he didnt get the scholy year two. Im not saying BK is Saban or that he wont honor the agreement. I just said I hope he does.
                Saban has had kids promised scholly's and then on signing day told they are getting grayshirts or they can pound sand. big difference between that and what BK has done with JDB
                What did Davonte do?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                  It is better. We told him he'll have the first scholarship available after this class is complete.

                  If he accepted that proposition, both parties agree.


                  Stop showing your true colors WR, we know where you spend at least some of your online time.
                  I have no idea what you are referring to but consider yourself ignored going forward.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                    I have no idea what you are referring to but consider yourself ignored going forward.
                    Thank god, just returned the favor. First person I've ever put on Ignore.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                      Saban has had kids promised scholly's and then on signing day told they are getting grayshirts or they can pound sand. big difference between that and what BK has done with JDB
                      This definitely isn't traditional greyshirting and isn't even close to the tactics SEC schools have used in the past. This is a fantastic student that can get into ND on his own accord. Comes from a family that can afford the tuition. This was conveyed to them well in advance and they are choosing to go that route. If he is good enough to receive a scholarship in the future, he will get that opportunity just like every other PWO that has in the past. Just because coming as a prospect he is better than previous PWO's folks are making this a much bigger/weirder deal that it really is.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                        Wrong dude. Im just saying that Saban has done a similar thing with a local boy and he didnt get the scholy year two. Im not saying BK is Saban or that he wont honor the agreement. I just said I hope he does.
                        I am not sure why being honest with someone is a poor or shady tactic, but given the current climate in the country, I can see why it would be difficult seeing honesty as a good thing.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                          With that said, this is no better than Sabans grey shirt. I only hope that unlike Saban, BK will keep his word on the scholy next year.
                          Jarez Parks, a 4.0 GPA student from Sebastian, FL, works his butt off in school and on the football field to establish himself as a 4 star defensive end recruit. He gets an offer in October of 2015 from Alabama and he visits multiple times and proceeds to fall in love with the program. At 11AM, on signing day, Alabama gives him a call right before he goes on stage to announce his intentions to sign with them and says he has to grayshirt because they ran out of scholarships. He cries on stage in front of his friends and family and the moment is embarrassing. Allís well that ends well cause he ends up at Bama on a full scholarship but to compare JD Bertrand, who was on campus October 13th with two months to go before signing day and never publicly offered a scholarship, to Jarez Parks is just disrespectful to Brian Kelly and the entire football program at Notre Dame. Thatís not how they do things and you damn well know that. Also Jarez Parks is one of a number of dudes who get phantom medicals, last minute grayshirts, and other bull crap from the SEC and other schools.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                            Jarez Parks, a 4.0 GPA student from Sebastian, FL, works his butt off in school and on the football field to establish himself as a 4 star defensive end recruit. He gets an offer in October of 2015 from Alabama and he visits multiple times and proceeds to fall in love with the program. At 11AM, on signing day, Alabama gives him a call right before he goes on stage to announce his intentions to sign with them and says he has to grayshirt because they ran out of scholarships. He cries on stage in front of his friends and family and the moment is embarrassing. Allís well that ends well cause he ends up at Bama on a full scholarship but to compare JD Bertrand, who was on campus October 13th with two months to go before signing day and never publicly offered a scholarship, to Jarez Parks is just disrespectful to Brian Kelly and the entire football program at Notre Dame. Thatís not how they do things and you damn well know that. Also Jarez Parks is one of a number of dudes who get phantom medicals, last minute grayshirts, and other bull crap from the SEC and other schools.
                            Well said! The guys just being ignorant to be ignorant at this point. Itís already been well documented that they told him from the first communication that they were full on scholarships. Thereís been clear communication throughout and a plan in place.
                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                              With that said, this is no better than Sabans grey shirt. I only hope that unlike Saban, BK will keep his word on the scholy next year.
                              Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                              It is better. We told him he'll have the first scholarship available after this class is complete.

                              If he accepted that proposition, both parties agree.

                              Stop showing your true colors WR, we know where you spend at least some of your online time.
                              Where is a link to this promise / agreement?

                              This used to be illegal to promise someone a scholarship "next year". You used to have to word it like Lucky did below. I'm not nitpicking, this is a big difference in the usage of words.

                              Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              This definitely isn't traditional greyshirting and isn't even close to the tactics SEC schools have used in the past. This is a fantastic student that can get into ND on his own accord. Comes from a family that can afford the tuition. This was conveyed to them well in advance and they are choosing to go that route. If he is good enough to receive a scholarship in the future, he will get that opportunity just like every other PWO that has in the past. Just because coming as a prospect he is better than previous PWO's folks are making this a much bigger/weirder deal that it really is.

                              Comment


                              • This Wingdinger is having a heck of a day lol.

                                Dude is embarrassingly dumb. The Stephen A Smith of IE.

                                Comment


                                • The Parks situation was disgusting especially in light of Saban not withdrawing his scholarship offer to Vandarius Cowen, who was kicked off his high school team for "behavioral problems", and later off Alabama for punching someone in the face.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                    The Parks situation was disgusting especially in light of Saban not withdrawing his scholarship offer to Vandarius Cowen, who was kicked off his high school team for "behavioral problems", and later off Alabama for punching someone in the face.
                                    Yea that one irked me cause I knew how good of a kid he was. I like to see the good guys get rewarded for their efforts and for 13 months he was hounded and promised a full scholarship to Alabama. Then they have dudes like Cowan coming in who are taking his scholarship which is a damn shame cause itís saying we value talent over character any day of the week. Thatís just SEC football though. Most of those kids have lighter academic work loads than my 3rd grade class with weekly Mad Minute quizzes.

                                    Comment


                                    • https://twitter.com/hoops527dh/statu...771634176?s=19
                                      Bertrand looks jacked.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                        There's a reason UGA went after him. IMO, we got huge value. He'll be underappreciated until he's all of sudden killing it for ND.

                                        Kind of reminds me of Bauer's situation. Not many were excited about him, and question his athleticism. I think he will split a lot of reps in 2019, but will ball out next year.

                                        I like the outlook of Mike.
                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                        Comment


                                        • I don’t know, IE was pretty pro Bo Bauer. Lots of excitement around his commitment and recruitment.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                            NDIrish88 the new Koon?

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                              NDIrish88 the new Koon?
                                              Don't have the credentials . . .

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                Don't have the credentials . . .
                                                Can't almost dunk?

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                  Don't have the credentials . . .
                                                  When you mention a teenagers build, you're qualified.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • How close are we to giving this young man his scholarship? In other words, where do our numbers stand at present?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by EddytoNow View Post
                                                      How close are we to giving this young man his scholarship? In other words, where do our numbers stand at present?
                                                      At 86 currently if I recall recent convos.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                        At 86 currently if I recall recent convos.
                                                        We need three more players off the roster to bring in Bertrand and Liufau

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                            I don’t know, IE was pretty pro Bo Bauer. Lots of excitement around his commitment and recruitment.
                                                            I think folks were positive, I just think the excitement level for him was tame, especially after higher rated guys like Lamb and Simon came on, not to mention some of the other high rated studs.

                                                            If you asked folks now, what young player (underclassman) they were most pumped about, I'd bet Bo was on the bottom end of votes.
                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Bertrand was getting more snaps than Simon according to Prister. Also said he is always around the ball. Also Sampson had him as a standout. Also Horka said if he keeps flashing he’s gonna be on the field. Also Kelly basically said have to find away to get him on the field besides ST.

                                                              I’d say that’s a green arrow pointing up for him haha.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • O’Malley also had a snippet about him beating Quinn Carroll in a rep and yelling “That’s why I walked your ass back!“
                                                                Last edited by Dale; 08-12-2021, 06:30 PM.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Did he end up as a walk on technically?
                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                    Did he end up as a walk on technically?
                                                                    According to the scholarship count posted by Irishillustrated he counts towards the scholarships. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case coming in.

                                                                    Either way, if I recall correctly he chose ND even over his home state school Georgia. Who I believe offered him a scholarship.

                                                                    I personally have had high hopes because of him being a GA kid, and choosing ND over the home state school. Maybe he’s starting to put it together. It’ll be good if he does.
                                                                    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 08-12-2021, 07:43 PM. Reason: Quote formatting.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post

                                                                      According to the scholarship count posted by Irishillustrated he counts towards the scholarships. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the case coming in.

                                                                      Either way, if I recall correctly he chose ND even over his home state school Georgia. Who I believe offered him a scholarship.

                                                                      I personally have had high hopes because of him being a GA kid, and choosing ND over the home state school. Maybe he’s starting to put it together. It’ll be good if he does.
                                                                      IIRC he was more or less dropped by UGA after committing to them early in the process. UGA fans were very complimentary when he committed to us and wished him well. They just recruit at an insane level, bringing in 94, 95 and 98 rated linebackers that cycle.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                        Bertrand was getting more snaps than Simon according to Prister. Also said he is always around the ball. Also Sampson had him as a standout. Also Horka said if he keeps flashing he’s gonna be on the field. Also Kelly basically said have to find away to get him on the field besides ST.

                                                                        I’d say that’s a green arrow pointing up for him haha.
                                                                        This is incredible. We have a 3rd year starter in White, then Bauer and Liufau and Kiser and Prince and Moala and Simon and yet, Bertrand is forcing his way on the field. This is great news. I was writing Bertrand off as a late contributor but sounds like he's much more than that.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • . . .also sounds like Shayne Simon has dropped considerably to the third team. Wonder how Jack Lamb would have faired if he stayed? Saw an article he is doing well at Colorado.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                            . . .also sounds like Shayne Simon has dropped considerably to the third team. Wonder how Jack Lamb would have faired if he stayed? Saw an article he is doing well at Colorado.
                                                                            Me too on Lamb. Brought that up in his profile as soon as Freeman got the gig. A lot of Jack Lamb frames in the Cincy stable.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

                                                                              Me too on Lamb. Brought that up in his profile as soon as Freeman got the gig. A lot of Jack Lamb frames in the Cincy stable.
                                                                              Yeah, I thought Griffith wasn't the only portal entry we should have pushed to keep. Lamb was our best special teams guy last year.

                                                                              But if Bertand's a player we have plenty of guys at LB

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Is this Bertrand? Scroll to the 1:40 mark and watch?

                                                                                https://247sports.com/college/notre-...t-12-10530485/

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Ok, looked up the roster, it’s Bertrand and Q Carroll having words. I think Freeman’s style might just be bringing out the best (competitively speaking) in some of these guys. Houston seems to be shining, but disappointing for sure to hear about S Simon.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                                                    Ok, looked up the roster, it’s Bertrand and Q Carroll having words.
                                                                                    It looks like a scene from Rudy. These lineman are big humans.
                                                                                    The RB in 26 is Albino, a walk on guy. I take it that is a drill just for the first team oline and dline and the RB is expendable.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • This dude is a tackling machine. Up to 34 already on the season.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                        This dude is a tackling machine. Up to 34 already on the season.
                                                                                        He is very good attacking down hill and good instincts in the running game. He does struggle a little in coverage though.
                                                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • He got absolutely worked and just got left flat footed pretty early on in the game during an open field tackle. The rest of the game he did well though.
                                                                                          ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
                                                                                          ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • He is playing really well. I think next year when he will be the mike he will be even better. That will be a more natural fit.
                                                                                            God Country Notre Dame
                                                                                            http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                                                              He got absolutely worked and just got left flat footed pretty early on in the game during an open field tackle. The rest of the game he did well though.
                                                                                              yeah that was tough to see. i had Joe Schmidt flashbacks hard!!!!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by tko View Post

                                                                                                yeah that was tough to see. i had Joe Schmidt flashbacks hard!!!!
                                                                                                Lol. I don’t think it was that bad. To me it looked like JD was sprinting across the field as fast as possible to cover the RB who was uncovered and wide open on the pass out of the backfield. JD while recklessly running in pursuit over ran the play. the RB made a single cut to the inside and since JD over persuade the RB made JD look silly as his moment was going forward but he was trying to stop his body to get back to the inside and tackle the ball carrier. If JD had been more controlled, instead of sprinting aimlessly, he could have broken down and made the tackle on the RB for a short to no gain. I can’t blame JD for hustling and trying to make a big play. Regardless of that play, the kid has balled out this year and this past Saturday may have been his best game.


                                                                                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • He has played well so far to start the season. I wonder if it would be worth it to use him a a full back 4 or 4 times a game.
                                                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                                                    He has played well so far to start the season. I wonder if it would be worth it to use him a a full back 4 or 4 times a game.
                                                                                                    Given that the 2 other guys at his LB position are out for the season, I’d say that would be a hard no.
                                                                                                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post

                                                                                                      Given that the 2 other guys at his LB position are out for the season, I’d say that would be a hard no.
                                                                                                      True point i completely forgot about that.
                                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X