Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 CA ATH Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CONGRATS BIG MAN! Welcome!

    Comment


    • YUUUUUGE addition to the class. He's got some insane upside at DE.

      Comment


      • Even if it was expected, great news. Our DE depth is very promising the next few years.

        Welcome to the family, Isaiah!
        My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
          ND



          So he is currently attending Michigan State?
          Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As expected, four-star defensive end Isaiah Foskey (<a href="https://twitter.com/IFoskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IFoskey</a>) chooses <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>. Sounded just a little nervous <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSD19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NSD19</a>. <a href="https://t.co/vNFiH8ny53">pic.twitter.com/vNFiH8ny53</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1093242553103732736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
            Sweet lid

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
              Driskell was saying yesterday on the radio this is the best o and d line classes we’ve had in a long long time. First time we’ve had so many 4 stars.
              ND usually sings a good OL class nearly every year. might be the best DL class since 2011.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                ND usually sings a good OL class nearly every year. might be the best DL class since 2011.
                The 2011 DL class didn't really work out other than Tuitt. I think the staff has learned how to recruit more ND type of guys so I expect this DL haul to outperform the 2011 group. Exciting times

                Comment


                • Love it! He is a huge addition to the class.

                  Comment


                  • Welcome and Congrats!!!!
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IrishFaninTX View Post
                      The 2011 DL class didn't really work out other than Tuitt. I think the staff has learned how to recruit more ND type of guys so I expect this DL haul to outperform the 2011 group. Exciting times
                      it wasn't worth all the headache and i'm so glad that we adjusted our recruiting strategies but lynch had more production during his freshman year than some of our guys have during their whole careers. that wasn't ALL bad.

                      Comment


                      • Congrats To Isaiah and the Foskey family. Great addition to the class. Much prefer the last few recruiting cycles to the earlier one in the BK era.
                        Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

                        Comment


                        • Welcome to the family let’s get to work
                          Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                            it wasn't worth all the headache and i'm so glad that we adjusted our recruiting strategies but lynch had more production during his freshman year than some of our guys have during their whole careers. that wasn't ALL bad.
                            I honestly think Kareem and Okwara have been pretty good this year, even last year, and we have them for another year. I don't know if their numbers are better than Lynch's freshman year but I'll take their production for 3 years over Lynch for 1.

                            Comment


                            • Welcome to Notre Dame Foskey!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • I approve

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                  it wasn't worth all the headache and i'm so glad that we adjusted our recruiting strategies but lynch had more production during his freshman year than some of our guys have during their whole careers. that wasn't ALL bad.
                                  Not true. Here are the stats for the most productive ND seasons for Aaron Lynch, Kalid Kareem, Daelin Hayes, and Julian Okwara

                                  Lynch (2011) 12 Games, 19 Solo Tackles, 14 Assists, 33 Total Tackles, 7.0 Tackles for Loss, 5.5 Sacks
                                  Kareem (2018) 13 Games, 24 Solo Tackles, 19 Assists, 43 Total Tackles, 11.5 Tackles for Loss, 5.5 Sacks
                                  Hayes (2018) 11 Games, 17 Solo Tackles, 15 Assists, 32 Total Tackles, 6.5 Tackles for Loss, 3.5 Sacks
                                  Okwara (2018) 13 Games, 25 Solo Tackles, 12 Assists, 37 Total Tackles, 11.0 Tackles for Loss, 6.5 Sacks

                                  Ranking

                                  Solo Tackles
                                  1. Okwara = 25
                                  2. Kareem = 24
                                  3. Lynch = 19
                                  4. Hayes = 17

                                  Tackle Assists
                                  1. Kareem = 19
                                  2. Hayes = 15
                                  3. Lynch = 14
                                  4. Okwara = 12

                                  Total Tackles
                                  1. Kareem = 43
                                  2. Okwara = 37
                                  3. Lynch = 33
                                  4. Hayes = 32

                                  Tackles for Loss
                                  1. Kareem = 11.5
                                  2. Okwara = 11.0
                                  3. Lynch = 7.0
                                  4. Hayes = 6.5

                                  Sacks
                                  1. Okwara = 6.5
                                  2. Lynch = 5.5 (Tied)
                                  3. Kareem = 5.5 (Tied)
                                  4. Hayes = 3.5

                                  Lynch's Only Season at ND was slightly better than Daelin Hayes's 2018 Season. His stats were not as good as those of Okwara and Kareem. Your statement that Lynch was more productive in his one season does not stand up to the facts.

                                  Off the field Lynch doesn't even belong in the discussion. He was a disruptive force that couldn't get along with his teammates. His locker-room fight with one of the offensive linemen sealed his fate. He was a cancer that needed to be removed. Give me Kareem, Okwara, and Hayes over Lynch any day.

                                  Comment


                                  • Come on guys. I said some of our players, as in the Jamir Jones, MDT, Matuska kind of guys. I'm not talking about Okwara, Kareem or Hayes.

                                    Comment


                                    • Does his HS only have one "signing day" or something? What was the purpose of waiting if he signed in December?

                                      Not a big deal, but a little weird on the surface.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                        Does his HS only have one "signing day" or something? What was the purpose of waiting if he signed in December?

                                        Not a big deal, but a little weird on the surface.
                                        respect for teammates/classmates most likely. A lot of big time programs like DLS do this either now or before the season starts to avoid distractions
                                        What did Davonte do?

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by pumpdog20 View Post
                                          Does his HS only have one "signing day" or something? What was the purpose of waiting if he signed in December?

                                          Not a big deal, but a little weird on the surface.
                                          Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                          respect for teammates/classmates most likely. A lot of big time programs like DLS do this either now or before the season starts to avoid distractions
                                          I think its useful to have ND get a 4-star recruit on NSD, just to keep ESPN from ignoring it.

                                          Comment


                                          • In case Driskell had some confused that Foskey was being recruited as a Drop. Foskey confirmed to Rivals the plan is SDE

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                              In case Driskell had some confused that Foskey was being recruited as a Drop. Foskey confirmed to Rivals the plan is SDE
                                              I'm super excited about getting this entire class on campus. I don't expect immediate starters but there are so many players with the potential to contribute immediately.

                                              Comment


                                              • Per this article on the SBT, Foskey is up to 250 pounds; 30 pounds heavier than what he was at the end of his senior season. He's entering game day ready from a weight standpoint. I wonder if this weight gain is from that weight program packet the incoming frosh get from Balis?

                                                https://www.ndinsider.com/football/n...db145cb95.html

                                                Comment


                                                • Random bump.

                                                  Feared Eddie Vanderdoes

                                                  Now...I'm happy :)

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Recruiting in both trenches has been on a such a roll that you forget about some of the stud freshmen that are about to get their shot.

                                                    ND hasn't ever really been on such solid footing in terms of the roster when you combine depth and potential. Chaz Weis recruited really well in terms of high-ceiling guys, but he left major holes in the roster every year, too.

                                                    BK took care of the "don't have massive dead spots in your roster" thing after the debacle at linebacker in 2016, and now the top-end is starting to creep up with back-to-back 10-win seasons. Very excited for the future, pending Ian Book's "Second Year QB Under BK" trial.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                      Recruiting in both trenches has been on a such a roll that you forget about some of the stud freshmen that are about to get their shot.

                                                      ND hasn't ever really been on such solid footing in terms of the roster when you combine depth and potential. Chaz Weis recruited really well in terms of high-ceiling guys, but he left major holes in the roster every year, too.

                                                      BK took care of the "don't have massive dead spots in your roster" thing after the debacle at linebacker in 2016, and now the top-end is starting to creep up with back-to-back 10-win seasons. Very excited for the future, pending Ian Book's "Second Year QB Under BK" trial.
                                                      If the bold isn't broken this year, then I am a firm believer in a 2nd year BK curse.

                                                      All signs point to Book being a stud this year, based on his performance being thrown in a quarter of the way into the season, and his first full offseason as the incumbent, he's bound for a great 2019.

                                                      If not, I'm all in on a new guy under center every fall for BK.
                                                      My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                        If the bold isn't broken this year, then I am a firm believer in a 2nd year BK curse.

                                                        All signs point to Book being a stud this year, based on his performance being thrown in a quarter of the way into the season, and his first full offseason as the incumbent, he's bound for a great 2019.


                                                        If not, I'm all in on a new guy under center every fall for BK.
                                                        Plus the receivers should be very good this fall. I think that was a problem with Kizer's 2nd year (and the QB competition).

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                          Plus the receivers should be very good this fall. I think that was a problem with Kizer's 2nd year (and the QB competition).
                                                          I was going to say that the QB competition was at fault much more than the WR room, but then I looked and realize that there wasn't much reliable talent available at that point.

                                                          Hunter's season basically got derailed from week one when he took that nasty (uncalled) targeting shot, and then he struggled with injuries the rest of the way. Finke and Boykin weren't ready.

                                                          It was basically ESB and Stepherson, with a little bit of CJ Sanders for a couple of games. Not great.

                                                          (I think I would still argue that Kizer was the type of QB that could elevate his receivers, but BK refusing to settle on a QB killed both the offensive install and the locker room.)

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I also think the defense had a lot to do with it. It really felt like the mentality was, we weren’t going to stop anyone and that caused the Kizer to press. And once the L’s started adding up it had a snowball affect on the whole team.

                                                            On Foskey, if that’s true and he’s 250 of good weight I’m really excited to see what he’s got. Also interested to see where he starts.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                              Recruiting in both trenches has been on a such a roll that you forget about some of the stud freshmen that are about to get their shot.

                                                              ND hasn't ever really been on such solid footing in terms of the roster when you combine depth and potential. Chaz Weis recruited really well in terms of high-ceiling guys, but he left major holes in the roster every year, too.

                                                              BK took care of the "don't have massive dead spots in your roster" thing after the debacle at linebacker in 2016, and now the top-end is starting to creep up with back-to-back 10-win seasons. Very excited for the future, pending Ian Book's "Second Year QB Under BK" trial.
                                                              This is unprecedented in my fandom. I was too young to really enjoy the 80s teams. A friend pulled me into seriously watching the Irish around 1998, before that, it was the only football team on our TV since we didn't have cable when I was younger.

                                                              Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                              If the bold isn't broken this year, then I am a firm believer in a 2nd year BK curse.

                                                              All signs point to Book being a stud this year, based on his performance being thrown in a quarter of the way into the season, and his first full offseason as the incumbent, he's bound for a great 2019.

                                                              If not, I'm all in on a new guy under center every fall for BK.
                                                              The key to this fall will be our OL/RBs. If they can keep the ground game churning and hopefully breaking some long plays, it'll keep defenses honest.

                                                              Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                              Plus the receivers should be very good this fall. I think that was a problem with Kizer's 2nd year (and the QB competition).
                                                              They better be consistent this year and fight for YAC.

                                                              Defenses know how to play Book in a vacuum: press coverage because he hasn't shown the ability to push the ball down field consistently. If he's improved on that and our OL makes a jump, we'll have a very exciting offense this fall.

                                                              No matter how much I resist, this board manages to slip some kool-aid into my drink.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • I got to spend some time with a relative of one of the ND beat writers this weekend and he said they all are under the consensus that they predict this will be the best offense in the BK era. We should see some fireworks barring injuries.
                                                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                  Recruiting in both trenches has been on a such a roll that you forget about some of the stud freshmen that are about to get their shot.

                                                                  ND hasn't ever really been on such solid footing in terms of the roster when you combine depth and potential. Chaz Weis recruited really well in terms of high-ceiling guys, but he left major holes in the roster every year, too.

                                                                  BK took care of the "don't have massive dead spots in your roster" thing after the debacle at linebacker in 2016, and now the top-end is starting to creep up with back-to-back 10-win seasons. Very excited for the future, pending Ian Book's "Second Year QB Under BK" trial.
                                                                  This all day. This is the best coaching staff ND has assembled since Barry Alvarez was D coordinator.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                    Per this article on the SBT, Foskey is up to 250 pounds; 30 pounds heavier than what he was at the end of his senior season. He's entering game day ready from a weight standpoint. I wonder if this weight gain is from that weight program packet the incoming frosh get from Balis?

                                                                    https://www.ndinsider.com/football/n...db145cb95.html
                                                                    What are you suggesting is in this “packet”?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                                                      What are you suggesting is in this “packet”?
                                                                      Air-conditioned gloves that lower your body temperature. Solves every other health issue that you might encounter, apparently.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                                        I got to spend some time with a relative of one of the ND beat writers this weekend and he said they all are under the consensus that they predict this will be the best offense in the BK era. We should see some fireworks barring injuries.
                                                                        I think Book will surprise people. If he can be accurate within 40 yards and hit at least a couple bombs a game, that will open things up and I think the run game will be about what we've seen the last couple of years. Jafar is good and I think Williams and Smith will do pretty good. The OL should be better and we have some great weapons at WR and TE.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by IrishFaninTX View Post
                                                                          I think Book will surprise people. If he can be accurate within 40 yards and hit at least a couple bombs a game, that will open things up and I think the run game will be about what we've seen the last couple of years. Jafar is good and I think Williams and Smith will do pretty good. The OL should be better and we have some great weapons at WR and TE.
                                                                          In what way will it be a surprise? Or who will he surprise? He was a top 5 in completion percentage in his first year starting and that was behind an average OL. I think most of us are expecting him to take another step.

                                                                          Which part of his game will surprise? If he hits the deep ball at least 2x/game then this team will be incredibly explosive. I consider a deep ball anything over 30-35 yards. That would put the defense under considerable strain.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                                                            In what way will it be a surprise? Or who will he surprise? He was a top 5 in completion percentage in his first year starting and that was behind an average OL. I think most of us are expecting him to take another step.

                                                                            Which part of his game will surprise? If he hits the deep ball at least 2x/game then this team will be incredibly explosive. I consider a deep ball anything over 30-35 yards. That would put the defense under considerable strain.
                                                                            I've seen a lot of people complain that the Clemson game exposed him and because he can't throw deep good teams will be able to game plan for him. I meant that he will surprise people by improving his deep ball and he won't be easy to game plan against because of that.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by IrishFaninTX View Post
                                                                              I've seen a lot of people complain that the Clemson game exposed him and because he can't throw deep good teams will be able to game plan for him. I meant that he will surprise people by improving his deep ball and he won't be easy to game plan against because of that.
                                                                              He was also under heavy pressure a lot of that game.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                                                                Which part of his game will surprise? If he hits the deep ball at least 2x/game then this team will be incredibly explosive. I consider a deep ball anything over 30-35 yards. That would put the defense under considerable strain.
                                                                                If that is a deep ball he can do that. He needs to hit Lenzy and Keys and whoever else in behind everyone for home runs.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                                  He was also under heavy pressure a lot of that game.
                                                                                  Sometimes, yes. He also was t comfortable in the pocket and left too early on numerous occasions into pressure instead of standing in the pocket allowing receivers to finish their routes.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • To get back on track. Below is his 247 profile and under the videos section, it has some reps from the UA AA week of practice. Not much in the way of moves but that’s 5 star OT Charles Cross that he walks back twice.

                                                                                    https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Foskey-89592/

                                                                                    Really excited for this kid.
                                                                                    Last edited by Luckylucci; 06-18-2019, 09:21 AM.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      To get back on track. Below is his 247 profile and under the videos section, it has some reps from the UA AA week of practice. Not in the way of moves but that’s 5 star OT Charles Cross that he walks back twice.

                                                                                      https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Foskey-89592/

                                                                                      Really excited for this kid.
                                                                                      Thanks Lucky, very excited for Foskey's development. We have such good depth, it'll be exciting to hear that some of these young guys are so good the staff can't keep them off the field. Not this year, obviously but the future looks great.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • ISD has a premium article up on the incoming freshman with some comments from sources on "first takes" of how they look physically. Foskey being the most impressive.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Seems pretty obvious this is why McGregor chose UM. He didn't want to hold Foskey's water for 2 or 3 years.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • I'm hoping that he develops well. Not sure why, but I was a bit worried about how he'd develop.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                              Seems pretty obvious this is why McGregor chose UM. He didn't want to hold Foskey's water for 2 or 3 years.
                                                                                              Italics? I'd rep, but have to spread the love.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NewProfilePic?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#N ewProfilePic</a> <a href="https://t.co/quD1eqk4b3">pic.twitter.com/quD1eqk4b3</a></p>&mdash; Isaiah Fos🔑 (@IFoskey) <a href="https://twitter.com/IFoskey/status/1155907987086557184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #bodybybalis already?

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • The II staff or Sampson said on a recent podcast that Foskey was being penciled in by the staff as a project and near-certain redshirt but the shape he showed up in means he's likely going to see the field on special teams quite a bit.

                                                                                                    Funnier than you in 2012.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                                      The II staff or Sampson said on a recent podcast that Foskey was being penciled in by the staff as a project and near-certain redshirt but the shape he showed up in means he's likely going to see the field on special teams quite a bit.
                                                                                                      ISD or someone said he looks like a college junior. Unreal how well Elston is recruiting the position.

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X