Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 CA ATH Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
    Why is it a terrible idea a lot of teams let guys play both ways
    in HS

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
      Why is it a terrible idea a lot of teams let guys play both ways
      No they donít.
      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Is it assumed he will be Irish? I've read where some believe he's a silent and may have sent in his LOI. Is there another team that is a real threat here? I think this kid will be a stud and really hope we land him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishFaninTX View Post
          Is it assumed he will be Irish? I've read where some believe he's a silent and may have sent in his LOI. Is there another team that is a real threat here? I think this kid will be a stud and really hope we land him.
          If he takes another visit then heís not signed but idk if thatís a thing heíll do. My guess would be if you donít hear anything about a visit then heís all ND. If he takes another visit then look out but heís in the All American Game and the Polynesian Bowl and has a busy Hanuary schedule. Hopefully he signed with ND and other teams canít contact him.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WDE Isaiah Foskey (<a href="https://twitter.com/IFoskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IFoskey</a>) says he will probably take three official visits before National Signing Day. NaNa Osafo-Mensah says Foskey will join <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>. <a href="https://t.co/5kqP8xAF8R">pic.twitter.com/5kqP8xAF8R</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1080886069057540097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WDE Isaiah Foskey (<a href="https://twitter.com/IFoskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IFoskey</a>) says he will probably take three official visits before National Signing Day. NaNa Osafo-Mensah says Foskey will join <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>. <a href="https://t.co/5kqP8xAF8R">pic.twitter.com/5kqP8xAF8R</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1080886069057540097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
              Now we know if he signed a letter of intent in secret lol. This is awful awful news. Ohio State, Michigan, and Washington OV's would be difficult to get through. That September visit is going to be pushed further and further in the back of his mind and hopefully the staff is all over him in 8 days when the recruiting period opens again.

1/12 - OPEN
              1/19 - Polynesian Bowl
              1/26 - OPEN
              2/2 - OPEN

He's got 3 weekends left to take OV's. Michigan has 5 DL's committed & Erick All signed at TE. Ohio State is the one I'd be nervous about because they have a small number of commits and lots of room for recruits to come. Washington has 5 DLineman committed and Cal has to be a beatable team in recruiting. This is shaping up to be a dog fight. Brian Kelly, Mike Elston, Clark Lea, and Brian Polian are gonna be living in California for Asa Turner and Isaiah Foskey in January.

Comment

• FWIW, everyone that has spoken with Isaiah remains very confident that he'll be Irish come NSD.

Comment

• Got a CB today from Bud Elliott. Anything new on if he will or won't take these rumored OV's?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                    Got a CB today from Bud Elliott. Anything new on if he will or won't take these rumored OV's?
                    I've heard he is not going to.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                      I've heard he is not going to.
                      If he doesn't then he probably is already signed as many believe. I read some Bay Area stuff since ESP where they thought he would OV elsewhere, so he's playing them for dramatic effect is my guess.

Comment

• Shit if I were a HS kid I would milk those OVs. Get all sorts of free swag and see the country. I’ll take one OV to Hawaii please
                        ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
                        ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

If he doesn't then he probably is already signed as many believe. I read some Bay Area stuff since ESP where they thought he would OV elsewhere, so he's playing them for dramatic effect is my guess.
                          BGI Podcast was down in San Antonio and spoke to him and they said he was planning OVís but they said, ďtheyíll believe it when they see itĒ. They think heís all Irish and the mention of OVís is just to throw a little drama in there. Foskey is in Hawaii this entire week and through the weekend so he only has two more weekends to even potentially take an OV. The longer this goes without and OV, the more likely it becomes ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                            BGI Podcast was down in San Antonio and spoke to him and they said he was planning OVís but they said, ďtheyíll believe it when they see itĒ. They think heís all Irish and the mention of OVís is just to throw a little drama in there. Foskey is in Hawaii this entire week and through the weekend so he only has two more weekends to even potentially take an OV. The longer this goes without and OV, the more likely it becomes ND.
                            247 as well. And, I don't think the 247 collective would be as confident as they currently are, if this wasn't a done deal. I'd be surprised if he takes visits.

Comment

Does it HAVE to be weekends. I understand he would have to miss school and all but COULD he take visits during the week? So instead of seeing just 2 weekends to fit in visits he has roughly 14 days. Just wondering as I don't want to see two weekends go by and think boom done deal then all of a sudden during the week he takes one.
                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                Does it HAVE to be weekends. I understand he would have to miss school and all but COULD he take visits during the week? So instead of seeing just 2 weekends to fit in visits he has roughly 14 days. Just wondering as I don't want to see two weekends go by and think boom done deal then all of a sudden during the week he takes one.
                                Tate Martell is taking a full week of official visits during the week. Foskey totally could do that, but I donít know how thrilled his school would be with him missing a full week of class for the Army All American Bowl and then another full week for the Polynesian Bowl. Seems like a bit much in terms of time off. Not saying, he canít, but thereís a reason that the vast majority of OVís happen during the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                  No it doesn't, but more than anything with so little time left and no indication that they're being actively scheduled, it seems very unlikely that they will be.

Comment

Tate Martell is taking a full week of official visits during the week. Foskey totally could do that, but I donít know how thrilled his school would be with him missing a full week of class for the Army All American Bowl and then another full week for the Polynesian Bowl. Seems like a bit much in terms of time off. Not saying, he canít, but thereís a reason that the vast majority of OVís happen during the weekend.
                                    Wasn't the Army AA bowl the last week of Christmas break?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                                      Shit if I were a HS kid I would milk those OVs. Get all sorts of free swag and see the country. Iíll take one OV to Hawaii please
                                      Unless things have changed, they don't get free swag. They get, transportation, hotel and meals. One of my sons was on a recruiting visit for wrestling and the HC said he'd love to give him a t-shirt, but wasn't allowed to per NCAA regulations.

Comment

• Dropped 13 spots now #203
                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• So did he take any of those visits? (Since Dec)

Comment

• No. The only visit het took was to ND
                                            God Country Notre Dame
                                            http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

• This is a done deal. It's been fairly obvious for awhile now.

Comment

• was just wondering the same thing, thanks guys!
                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• am I aiming too high to think this guy could be our next okwara type of athlete on the edge??
                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                    am I aiming too high to think this guy could be our next okwara type of athlete on the edge??
                                                    He's way bigger then that and I'm not sure he has that bend or explosion off the edge. Plus Okwara was like 200 pounds his senior year He kind of reminds me of Sam Montgomery from LSU a few years ago.

Comment

am I aiming too high to think this guy could be our next okwara type of athlete on the edge??
                                                      Well, I think he certainly has that kind of upside. He's a very long/lean athlete right now so S&C will be very important but there is a lot there to make a fantastic player. With Balis and Elston on the job, you gotta like the odds he reaches his potential.

Comment

I don't think he's as athletic/fast as Okwara, but I think Foskey has a higher floor than Okwara. After watching his senior film, I think he'll be better against the run than Okwara; Julian is solid against the run now, but it seemed like all of 2017 and first half of 2018 he struggled against the run.

After a year with Balis and Elston, it'll be exciting to see how complete of a player Foskey can turn into. But from a speed and athleticism standpoint, it'll be hard to compare him to Okwara because Foskey is probably already the same weight as Julian and will probably be around 250 when he'd ready to play in South Bend.

Comment

• Just watched his senior Hudl. Okwara has been asked about, I think his ceiling is as high, but it's different.

He's much more of a Kahlid Kareem, IMO. Long, strong, good athlete, but not great athlete like Okwara is.

Fine by me - I'd take either of those every recruiting year. Very impressive DL haul if he comes to ND.

Comment

• When’s he set to sign?
                                                            ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
                                                            ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                                                              Whenís he set to sign?
                                                              He's set to announce @ 3:00 p.m. ET live on ESPN2 with some teammates at De La Salle.

Comment

He's set to announce @ 3:00 p.m. ET live on ESPN2 with some teammates at De La Salle.
                                                                ESPNU, for some reason they are the only ones on ESPNU

Comment

• This has to be the most lowkey unsigned-entering-nsd page I've ever seen on IE.

I mean, I know this is a "lock", but thought there would be a little more going on here. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                    This has to be the most lowkey unsigned-entering-nsd page I've ever seen on IE.

I mean, I know this is a "lock", but thought there would be a little more going on here. Lol
                                                                    I have no idea if Foskey intends to sign with ND this afternoon, but I would be very happy to add a defensive end/tight end of his quality to the 2019 class.

Comment

This has to be the most lowkey unsigned-entering-nsd page I've ever seen on IE.

I really think there is a weird phenomenon of the last two years where -- because ND isn't chasing ego-driven guys and is signing the vast majority of their class in the ESP -- there just isn't a lot to teeth gnash over. The closest thing we got to drama was Asa Turner... a guy no one on here really gave a crap about whether he signed with ND or Washington.

It's a far cry from "Where in the world is Davonte Neal?", etc. And it's likely to stay that way as long as ND continues to win 10+ games a year and recruit mostly 4-stars.

Comment

I really think there is a weird phenomenon of the last two years where -- because ND isn't chasing ego-driven guys and is signing the vast majority of their class in the ESP -- there just isn't a lot to teeth gnash over. The closest thing we got to drama was Asa Turner... a guy no one on here really gave a crap about whether he signed with ND or Washington.

It's a far cry from "Where in the world is Davonte Neal?", etc. And it's likely to stay that way as long as ND continues to win 10+ games a year and recruit mostly 4-stars.
                                                                        But trying to figure out where the ND semi was heading was so exciting

Comment

Hopefully sustained success results in a few 5-star guys deciding to join up without the staff having to get away from what they've been doing, as well.

They've figured out the right recipe, and continued success on the field miiiiiight convince some of the top-level guys to sign up without the staff having to go the extra mile and expend resources beyond what they are using to get commitments right now.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPNU broadcast throwing to commercial now. Isaiah Foskey decision expected after the break.</p>&mdash; Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/status/1093240131203620864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>

Comment

• Houston

Comment

• Lets gooooo

Comment

• ND

Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-06-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• "signed in December" - Tom Loy

No shockers here.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Four-star defensive end Isaiah Foskey has announced his commitment to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>. <br><br>Huge win for <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianPolian?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BrianPolian</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachMikeElston?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachMikeEls ton</a>.<br><br>I&#39;m told Foskey actually signed with the Fighting Irish in December, so this one is done.<br><br>Story: <a href="https://t.co/OqUCzoaTcS">https://t.co/OqUCzoaTcS</a><a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/H12lxzgz2N">pic.twitter.com/H12lxzgz2N</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1093241449091682304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Houston
                                                                                        #ShockTheWorld #BangBang

Comment

• So he was the secret signee in December then?

Niceeeee

Comment

• I always like the Film Don't Lie pieces ISD does:

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/8707/...-isaiah-foskey

Comment

• Cheeeeeee huuuuuuuuu GO IRISH

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As expected, four-star defensive end Isaiah Foskey (<a href="https://twitter.com/IFoskey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IFoskey</a>) chooses <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>. Sounded just a little nervous <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSD19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NSD19</a>. <a href="https://t.co/vNFiH8ny53">pic.twitter.com/vNFiH8ny53</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1093242553103732736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2019</a></blockquote>

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X