Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 CA ATH Isaiah Foskey (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Apparently he's got work to do in the classroom but reason for optimism that it's getting done and will be done that ND is a realistic option at this time.
    Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I’m wondering if the staff told Trice to commit elsewhere once they saw that Foskey was going to qualify academically

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
        Even with Nana probably growing to SDE too?
        Daelin and Kareem have been lining up on opposite ends, both at 265+.

Of course the once anorexic, Capt. Chaos is showing what the Drop position is all about. Leads the nation in QBH's and all around mayhem + has an INT to boot... all while still technically #2 on the depth chart and splitting snaps with the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
          Iím wondering if the staff told Trice to commit elsewhere once they saw that Foskey was going to qualify academically
          No they wanted Trice. I think they were as surprised as we were with how that went down.

Comment

Maybe Trice read his thread on IE and didn't feel very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              Daelin and Kareem have been lining up on opposite ends, both at 265+.

Of course the once anorexic, Capt. Chaos is showing what the Drop position is all about. Leads the nation in QBH's and all around mayhem + has an INT to boot... all while still technically #2 on the depth chart and splitting snaps with the starter.
              And missing a full half vs Va Tech

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
                Iím wondering if the staff told Trice to commit elsewhere once they saw that Foskey was going to qualify academically
                No. They wanted Trice and I'd have bet the house they'd have taken both. ND was up against a tough double team in Pete K and OL coach Scott Huff who played here at my local HS.

Some conflicting rumors floating around on what exactly happened with Trice. I might not find out till the off season but I will, I'm actually curious to know. I can share, I did get a funny note on my eval on Trice. Ya never know who's reading this stuff. lol

Comment

Article and film breakdown of Foskey’s game vs Bishop Gorman. His level of athleticism is quite visible in this tape. And plays hard, too.

Motor and Athleticism are the two components for a healthy breakfast to start the day.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...gan-123217308/

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There are only a few more spots left in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>&#39;s 2019 class. What&#39;s the latest on the Fighting Irish and four-star defensive end Isaiah Foskey? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishIllustrated?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#IrishIllustrated</a> has you covered with an update on the top priority. <a href="https://t.co/ZSAyZnGXEk">https://t.co/ZSAyZnGXEk</a> (VIP)<a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/OcIFh5HyG6">pic.twitter.com/OcIFh5HyG6</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1052248284285292544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                    I hope Elston and/or Polian are there to see him during the bye week. Would love to lock him down. Anyone know what Loy is hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                      Article and film breakdown of Foskeyís game vs Bishop Gorman. His level of athleticism is quite visible in this tape. And plays hard, too.

Motor and Athleticism are the two components for a healthy breakfast to start the day.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...gan-123217308/
                      Here's the embedded video that Loy uploaded.

Extremely impressive. I can see the Julian Okwara comparison.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yod4656wUtY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There are only a few more spots left in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>'s 2019 class. What's the latest on the Fighting Irish and four-star defensive end Isaiah Foskey? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishIllustrated?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#IrishIllustrated</a> has you covered with an update on the top priority. <a href="https://t.co/ZSAyZnGXEk">https://t.co/ZSAyZnGXEk</a> (VIP)<a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/OcIFh5HyG6">pic.twitter.com/OcIFh5HyG6</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1052248284285292544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        I hope Elston and/or Polian are there to see him during the bye week. Would love to lock him down. Anyone know what Loy is hearing?
                        The article says Polian will visit, possibly today.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

Extremely impressive. I can see the Julian Okwara comparison.
                          This is the exact opposite of the game I saw Trice play. There's no lazy in Foskey's game. This highlight doesn't even do him justice compared to watching the whole game. He is relentless. He's plays the run very well, whether chasing when they run away from him or controlling the O lineman and shedding the block to make the play when they run at him. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but I think Foskey is a Top 5 DE overall in the country and if ND can land him, NO ONE will have landed a more athletic, high ceiling tandem in this class.

And let's not forget, that's Bishop Gorman he's playing against who has 4 DI linemen. Micah Bowens made some special plays just to escape certain death. Those plays end in a Sack vs. 99.9% of QB's in the country.

Comment

This is the exact opposite of the game I saw Trice play. There's no lazy in Foskey's game. This highlight doesn't even do him justice compared to watching the whole game. He is relentless. He's plays the run very well, whether chasing when they run away from him or controlling the O lineman and shedding the block to make the play when they run at him. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but I think Foskey is a Top 5 DE overall in the country and if ND can land him, NO ONE will have landed a more athletic, high ceiling tandem in this class.

And let's not forget, that's Bishop Gorman he's playing against who has 4 DI linemen. Micah Bowens made some special plays just to escape certain death. Those plays end in a Sack vs. 99.9% of QB's in the country.
                            Well that hot take might have the shortest shelf life ever.

Huffman just CB'd Laiatu Latu to the Trojans and Ty Robinson has been trending to SC away from Nebraska. I'd trade those two for Foskey and NaNa.

If that holds, it's like they lost one Gustin and got two more Gustins to replace him.

Comment

Bill Kurelic from pOSU and an Oregon Insider with ND crystal balls today.

Comment

Bill Kurelic from pOSU and an Oregon Insider with ND crystal balls today.
                                I wonder what prompted the flood of CBís today. Wonder how the visit with Polian went. Hopefully he closes the deal and Foskey is committing to the good guys soon.

Comment

Just received a PM saying Foskey's only 6-1/185.

Hard pass.

GOTCHA!

Comment

Hard pass.

GOTCHA!
                                    PRICELESS

Comment

Hard pass.

GOTCHA!

Koon going on a rampage.
                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I wonder what prompted the flood of CBís today. Wonder how the visit with Polian went. Hopefully he closes the deal and Foskey is committing to the good guys soon.
                                        Just keep in the mind that a lot of 247 recruitniks use Cbís as a placeholder of sorts. Meaning ND might lead right now so theyíll add their CB right now. Because they can change it, prior to decision, if needed. It doesnít necessarily mean anything is imminent

Comment

Just keep in the mind that a lot of 247 recruitniks use Cbís as a placeholder of sorts. Meaning ND might lead right now so theyíll add their CB right now. Because they can change it, prior to decision, if needed. It doesnít necessarily mean anything is imminent
                                          Yea totally agree. Loy has put some CBís almost a year in advance because of a hunch. Also a way to score more points and move up the 247 predictor rankings I believe. Sometimes however, an analyst puts in a CB (Oregon Insider) after hearing about a coach visit, unofficial visit or something and itís a sign of something coming. I think this one is like youíve said where analysts are all just adding CBís. I think heíll take his time until December.

Comment

Yea totally agree. Loy has put some CB’s almost a year in advance because of a hunch. Also a way to score more points and move up the 247 predictor rankings I believe. Sometimes however, an analyst puts in a CB (Oregon Insider) after hearing about a coach visit, unofficial visit or something and it’s a sign of something coming. I think this one is like you’ve said where analysts are all just adding CB’s. I think he’ll take his time until December.
                                            I hope he locks it down now and does not wait. Would be a great DL class adding his athleticism and versatility that he can play offense as well, if needed. Also Sean Fitz and EJ Holland added ND CB's as well.

Comment

Safe to assume he has come around to the idea of playing defense?
                                              Prehistoric

Comment

Yea totally agree. Loy has put some CBís almost a year in advance because of a hunch. Also a way to score more points and move up the 247 predictor rankings I believe. Sometimes however, an analyst puts in a CB (Oregon Insider) after hearing about a coach visit, unofficial visit or something and itís a sign of something coming. I think this one is like youíve said where analysts are all just adding CBís. I think heíll take his time until December.
                                                I agree also with NDMIA and Lucky, but that is a lot of CB's at once. Although Sinclair hasn't added one yet. Once he adds one I will be more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                  I agree also with NDMIA and Lucky, but that is a lot of CB's at once. Although Sinclair hasn't added one yet. Once he adds one I will be more comfortable.
                                                  When Loy posts a CB you typically take it with a grain of salt. Once you start seeing multiple CB's you can start feeling good. not a guarantee, but at least you know things are trending in a positive way.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                    Safe to assume he has come around to the idea of playing defense?
                                                    Heís been open to it for awhile now. Again, 3 of his top 5 teams are recruiting him for defense. He committed to play defense in the AA game. Doubt thatíd all be the case if he wasnít.

Comment

Has he changed his timeline for committing? If his plan is still to commit closer to NSD, I’m not going to get my hopes up. Aside from Noah Boykin, we haven’t really set the world on fire landing 4* guys that want to drag out the process into January.

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                        Has he changed his timeline for committing? If his plan is still to commit closer to NSD, Iím not going to get my hopes up. Aside from Noah Boykin, we havenít really set the world on fire landing 4* guys that want to drag out the process into January.
                                                        How quickly we forget: last year, three 4*s committed on NSD (Boykin, Patterson, Keys), plus DJ Brown and C'Bo.

Last year was definitely a break from the norm, I'll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                          How quickly we forget: last year, three 4*s committed on NSD (Boykin, Patterson, Keys), plus DJ Brown and C'Bo.

Last year was definitely a break from the norm, I'll give you that.
                                                          Forgot about Keys. Patterson decommitted from ASU in December if I remember correctly so I wouldnít really consider him in the same mold as guys that enjoy the process and are milking it as long as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                            Has he changed his timeline for committing? If his plan is still to commit closer to NSD, I’m not going to get my hopes up. Aside from Noah Boykin, we haven’t really set the world on fire landing 4* guys that want to drag out the process into January.
                                                            As of today, he has not changed his timeline. That’s why I’m trying to rein in these expectations that this means something is imminent. This is all the chain reaction that goes on at 247. Word gets around about a leader and everyone slowly starts the put in their picks.
                                                            Last edited by Luckylucci; 10-18-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

As of today, he has not changed his timeline. Thatís why Iím trying to rein in these expectations that this means something is imminent. This is all the chain reaction that goes on at 247. Word gets around about a leader and everyone slowly starts the put in their picks.
                                                              Well said.

Comment

Heís been open to it for awhile now. Again, 3 of his top 5 teams are recruiting him for defense. He committed to play defense in the AA game. Doubt thatíd all be the case if he wasnít.
                                                                Thanks, again.
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

As of today, he has not changed his timeline. That’s why I’m trying to rein in these expectations that this means something is imminent. This is all the chain reaction that goes on at 247. Word gets around about a leader and everyone slowly starts the put in their picks.
                                                                  And FWIW, the UW guys do not think ND leads. They have owned Loy lately too on west coast guys. However, I do question the UW guy's choice of leader. At the least it is further cause for pause.
                                                                  Last edited by Big23Head; 10-18-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                                    And FWIW, the UW guys do not think ND leads. They have owned Loy lately too on west coast guys. However, I do question the UW guy's choice of leader. At the least it is further cause for pause.
                                                                    What you say may be true, but Huffman's CB to ND was the big one, even bigger than Wiltfong. That guy doesn't make a lot of predictions, but when he does, he's close to 100% right..

Comment

What you say may be true, but Huffman's CB to ND was the big one, even bigger than Wiltfong. That guy doesn't make a lot of predictions, but when he does, he's close to 100% right..
                                                                      Agreed that Huffman is good. I pay attention to him and Biggins. Huffman was undecided and Biggins was wrong with Trice but the UW guy had it called correctly on their board the entire time. His source didn't seem to waiver. Like I said, just to pause with the excitement.

Comment

The dude has a top 5 of Michigan, Ohio State, Cal, Washington, and Notre Dame. Michigan and Ohio State are recruiting him for offense and both already have TE commits. Iíd guess for now itís pretty much a Washington/Notre Dame battle. Both teams have 4 DL commits already. ND is having the better season currently. ND is higher ranked academically on Forbes and US News & World Report (doesnít mean Washington isnít a good school, they have an excellent school). Ikaika Malloe has had a dynamite start to his career in recruiting but I think in a head 2 head battle Iíd take Elston. This year the Washington DLine hasnít performed very well at least according to the Football Outsiders numbers and ND has had some pretty amazing performances by their DLine. In terms of football attendance numbers, ND has sold out their stadium for years and Washington hasnít had a full season of sell outs in years (although Washington has one of the coolest stadiums in college football on the water). Head Coach is tough because BK has been to a national title game and Chris Petersen just flat out wins games (one of the best win percentages for active head coaches). As far as distance is concerned, Foskey is one direct flight from Seattle and Chicago away from those schools (Seattle is 1h30m from Oakland and Chicago is roughly 4hrs along with a 1h30m drive or quick flight to the Bend). So South Bend is definitely further but you are still hopping on a plane for each school. Overall, I like NDís chances even though theyíve lost out on recruits recently in head 2 head battles with Washington (Kyler Gordon, Julius Irvin, Asa Turner).

Comment

Utah analyst just CB'd him to ND, the A&M guy did the same last Friday.

Foskey's a lock. I just burned my 20,000th post on him.

Comment

Really hope we can add the final pieces to this class. Foskey looks very worthy of one of those spots. Hope he jumps on and joins the 19 Fight Team.

Comment

• #88

What??

The 20,000 post was a guaranteed lock post and you used it on Foskey?

Bad decision. You should have went Kayvon Thibodeaux all the way.
                                                                              Last edited by snoopdog; 10-30-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• #89

20k posts in under four years? If I didnít know better Iíd say you use to sit in a cube at Verizon!

Comment

• #90

Thank you for all the hard work on this board. It's much appreciated. Here's to the next 20!
                                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                    Thank you for all the hard work on this board. It's much appreciated. Here's to the next 20!
                                                                                    I'll second this!

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      +1

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post
                                                                                        I'll second this!
                                                                                        Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                        +1
                                                                                        Mods, vbookies, and profile guys, all underappreciated and underpaid lol. Crusader should be nominated for the IE hardest working award. it's stuff like this that separates IE from every board (not just ND) that I've visited.
                                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Mods, vbookies, and profile guys, all underappreciated and underpaid lol. Crusader should be nominated for the IE hardest working award. it's stuff like this that separates IE from every board (not just ND) that I've visited.
                                                                                          This!
                                                                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                                                                            This!
                                                                                            This again. . . congrats Crus

Comment

• #96

Legend!

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Sinclair with a ND crystal ball.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Sinclair with a ND crystal ball.
                                                                                                  WOOOO!! Who has the undecided?

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                                                                    Legend!
                                                                                                    Were your cubes next to each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                                                      Were your cubes next to each other?
                                                                                                      We're on different floors. I said legend, not God.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X