Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 VA QB Brendon Clark (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 VA QB Brendon Clark (Notre Dame Signee)

Quarterback
    Midlothian, VA
    Manchester HS

Measurements:
    6-2

Rankings 6-10-18:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #22 QB-P ..... #633 OA ..... .8668 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #17 QB-P ..... #586 OA ...... 87
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #20 QB-P ........................... 5.6
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #21 QB-D .......................... 78

Rankings 7-4-18:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #22 QB-P ..... #602 OA ..... .8702 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #12 QB-P ..... #397 OA ...... 88
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #23 QB-P .......................... 5.6
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #21 QB-D .......................... 78

Rankings 12-19-18:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #21 QB-P ..... #506 OA ..... .8797 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #13 QB-P ..... #464 OA ...... 88
    Rivals ............ 3* ..... #19 QB-P .......................... 5.7
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #21 QB-D .......................... 79

Offers:
    Notre Dame ............ Offered 6-12-18 ......... Committed 7-4-18 ........ Signed 12-19-18
    Clemson
    Duke
    Maryland
    UNC
    Tenn
    Wake Forest ............ Committed --- Decom 6-10-18

Media Links:

https://twitter.com/bren_clark17

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4188385/Brendon-Clark

Highlights:

2018 VA 6A Championship Game:
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4188385/5c114487c124fb07406a6f63' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4188385/5a27658dbed6cb388460a939' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 12-19-2018, 02:09 PM.

Decommits from Wake where he could have been a possible multi year starter like John Wolford and instead will chose between Clemson and ND on July 4th. Talk about picking the two programs with the highest probability of becoming Captain Clipboard.

Comment

Maybe I missed something here but

1. Does he have an offer?
      2. Do we even have a chance if he is choosing a decision date and decommitted after Clemson visit?
      When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Originally posted by D-BOE34 View Post
        Maybe I missed something here but

1. Does he have an offer?
        2. Do we even have a chance if he is choosing a decision date and decommitted after Clemson visit?
        In order:

1. No
        2. Why not? He has to visit us still and Clemson already has a higher-ranked QB committed.

Comment

If this has been covered elsewhere, I'll apologize up front, and if there's a better place to discuss, feel free to steer me in that direction.

Anyways, are we actually that desperate to sign a QB with this class? Is this purely just a numbers thing to protect us from the unknown, such as any combination of:
          1. Book transfer
          2. Wimbush declaring this year, bypassing his 5th year
          3. Avery Davis completely moved off of QB depth chart

etc.

With our veterans' eligibility numbers and signing PJ, who will likely redshirt, as well as Drew Pyne in '20, I guess I just don't clearly see the need to grab one in '19.
          My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Midlothian (Va.) Manchester quarterback Brendon Clark, one of the nation's best and an Elite 11 finalist, tells <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IrishIllustrated?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" >#IrishIllustrated</a> that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> has extended an offer. <a href="https://t.co/N0Lek2JbJd">https://t.co/N0Lek2JbJd</a> (FREE)<a href="https://twitter.com/247Sports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@247Sports</a> <a href="https://t.co/n2DM4hOzmu">pic.twitter.com/n2DM4hOzmu</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1006514362570428418?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back in April, Clark shined at the Elite 11 regional in Charlotte. Following that performance, he punched his ticket to the Elite 11 Finals to compete among the nation’s elite quarterbacks. 247Sports National Director of Scouting Barton Simmons was in attendance or that workout and shared some insight on the newest offer from the Irish.

“I think Brendon is a potential four-star kid,” said Simmons. “He’s moving up in our rankings within the three-star range, heading into his senior season when we update. He’s just a really strong kid with a decisive arm and film that is in the top tier of quarterbacks this cycle. He’s athletic enough, sudden in the pocket, productive and can rip it. He’s legit.”

247Sports Evaluation

Clark is natural signal-caller. He has a smooth, quick release. He is comfortable throwing from the pocket or on the move and has a very strong arm. Clark sees the field well and goes through his progressions quickly. He shows good poise and has a great feel for the game. If he continues to improve his accuracy and consistency, he will have a chance to be an elite quarterback.
            Last edited by ResLife Hero; 06-12-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

he's coming friday and will official this weekned
              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

His passing film is really impressive. He makes tons of different throws and shows great touch instead of just gunning everything in. Looks like he has a lot of tools to work with wherever he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                  he's coming friday and will official this weekned
                  If so I think this means Mertz ain't happening. No info, just a feeling

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                    If so I think this means Mertz ain't happening. No info, just a feeling
                    Thank you, Blue Swede.
                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Interesting that were making a move on Clark before Calzada, who was supposedly number two on the board.

If we are off the Mertz train entirely, I am happy for it.

Comment

he remind anyone of Gunner Kiel?

Comment

Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                          he remind anyone of Gunner Kiel?
                          He's shorter and slower than Gunner, and I really don't see Clark being much of a runner (Kiel ran a surprising amount of read option in HS for a pro style QB). That said, I really, really like Clark's arm talent and can see a comparison there. I think Kiel might have had better mechanics or thrown a tighter spiral consistently, but Clark can sling it and vary his delivery like Kiel did out of HS.

Comment

Visit went pretty well. He explicitly told Loy he liked it better than Clemson. https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ark-119119414/

Visiting UNC today. From a freebie earlier today, the perception is that they're actually the ones to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                              Visit went pretty well. He explicitly told Loy he liked it better than Clemson. https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ark-119119414/

Visiting UNC today. From a freebie earlier today, the perception is that they're actually the ones to beat.

Care to point out where you saw that? Because I haven’t seen that. Loy said in an article that they are more of a threat than some believe. Not that they are the team to beat. Huge difference.

Comment

Thanks for the update Kizer

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  [/B]
                                  Care to point out where you saw that? Because I havenít seen that. Loy said in an article that they are more of a threat than some believe. Not that they are the team to beat. Huge difference.
                                  Itís in the link he posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                    Where in that article does it say UNC is the team to beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                      It clearly doesn't state that in the 247 article.
                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

[/B]
                                        Care to point out where you saw that? Because I havenít seen that. Loy said in an article that they are more of a threat than some believe. Not that they are the team to beat. Huge difference.
                                        You're right, I went back and checked. I was confusing it with the pre-visit VIP, where he said Clemson was the team to beat.

Comment

Got it, I get the impression this is all but official at this point. I’d be very surprised if he ended up elsewhere.

Comment

Got it, I get the impression this is all but official at this point. Iíd be very surprised if he ended up elsewhere.
                                            I concur.
                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

He better commit before Mertz does

Comment

Didn’t read the entire bold section apparently, my bad

Comment

Got it, I get the impression this is all but official at this point. Iíd be very surprised if he ended up elsewhere.
                                                  All but official for Notre Dame? That'd be good because he's about the last QB out there for us at this point, and it's getting kinda late to start over.

Comment

My fiance's little brother is his high school teammate. From what I've gathered from his dad, Tennessee is pushing the hardest for Brendon as well William Pritchard the OL. I haven't talked with him since Thursday so this was all before the visit. I can try and get some more info soon.

Comment

Loy hasn't even thrown down a CB yet, which we all know that he is always eager to do. Maybe you have some inside info that Loy doesn't have access to.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                        Loy hasn't even thrown down a CB yet, which we all know that he is always eager to do. Maybe you have some inside info that Loy doesn't have access to.
                                                        In fairness, Loy said in the VIP that we crushed the visit and he's "close" to laying down his CB. Combined with the UNC bit, I got the impression he was just waiting to hear how that visit went. But we'll see soon enough.

Comment

Wondering what happens on July 4th if he picks UNC? Do we start flipping guys or make offers to the uncommitted?

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                            Wondering what happens on July 4th if he picks UNC? Do we start flipping guys or make offers to the uncommitted?
                                                            They offer & get commitments from teammates Gunner Cruz and Khyheem Waleed.

Well if Bill Rees was secretly NDC they would.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                              Loy teased that there was a talented QB committed elsewhere who would decommit and ND would have a good shot at. But I suspect he might have meant Dwan Mathis, who just flipped from MSU to OSU.

Connor Bazelak is another name I've seen tossed around. You also have to count on a certain amount of decommitments as teams underperform in the fall.

Comment

Loy teased that there was a talented QB committed elsewhere who would decommit and ND would have a good shot at. But I suspect he might have meant Dwan Mathis, who just flipped from MSU to OSU.

Connor Bazelak is another name I've seen tossed around. You also have to count on a certain amount of decommitments as teams underperform in the fall.
                                                                I'd be happy with him and bivens

Comment

Bazelak is a name that you have to connect to ND until NSD or whenever ND gets a commitment. I think he ended up at Mizzou because his options were getting scarce. Davis Beville took his spot at Pitt earlier on the day he committed to the Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                    They offer & get commitments from teammates Gunner Cruz and Khyheem Waleed.

Well if Bill Rees was secretly NDC they would.
                                                                    Saw the film of them both. Sounds good to me. Waleed seems like a Cam Hart clone or vice versa. They both have Ivy League offers? Staff maybe sees them as flip candidates. . .

Comment

Loy with the CB to ND. July 4th here we come.

Comment

Fingers crossed. Kid would be a great fit.

Comment

Fingers crossed. Kid would be a great fit.
                                                                          Yes he would!

Comment

It would be nice to check this box, and be able to concentrate on the last 5-7 guys.

gitterdun
                                                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #40
                                                                              I miss the days when TP would jump* in the thread and all he'd say was:

"All is well"
                                                                              Last edited by Henges24; 06-28-2018, 08:05 PM.
                                                                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                                I miss the days when TP would just in the thread and all he'd say was:

"All is well"
                                                                                Wonder if Matt even post here any more (under a separate handle)?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                  Wonder if Matt even post here any more (under a separate handle)?
                                                                                  Doubtful. He's too busy drinking Coors Light.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    lol. I hear that. Haven't seen him since myself and another poster joined him at a bar event. I had CL myself along with some Irish Whiskey before the game. Ended up getting pre-game drunk with a group of 10 young and hot chicks. My GF was not happy with pre game pics lol.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      lol. I hear that. Haven't seen him since myself and another poster joined him at a bar event. I had CL myself along with some Irish Whiskey before the game. Ended up getting pre-game drunk with a group of 10 young and hot chicks. My GF was not happy with pre game pics lol.
                                                                                      ...or it didn't happen.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        ...or it didn't happen.
                                                                                        after the look from my GF, i wish it hadn't happened lol.
                                                                                        I'll see if I can find some, but it's a pain publishing photos from the PC.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          I miss the days when TP would jump* in the thread and all he'd say was:

"All is well"
                                                                                          after the look from my GF, i wish it hadn't happened lol.
                                                                                          I'll see if I can find some, but it's a pain publishing photos from the PC.

Just mad I wasn't there.
                                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                            Just mad I wasn't there.
                                                                                            LOL... Are you saying there's not a lot of CL drinking and hot chicks at Ball State?

I need to hit TP up the next time I'm back in SB for a game. Don't know him well but he's a good dude. I do miss his postings, as well as Sinclair's.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              LOL... Are you saying there's not a lot of CL drinking and hot chicks at Ball State?

I need to hit TP up the next time I'm back in SB for a game. Don't know him well but he's a good dude. I do miss his postings, as well as Sinclair's.

Banquet is what comes in our dollar pitchers cause we're classy. lol
                                                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                                Banquet is what comes in our dollar pitchers cause we're classy. lol
                                                                                                I'm classy like that for a dollar. I still remember fondly the penny beer and 10 cent pitchers at the old Sports Bar downtown Indy in the late 80s and early 90s. Good times, especially when your a poor college kid with a fake ID...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  I'm classy like that for a dollar. I still remember fondly the penny beer and 10 cent pitchers at the old Sports Bar downtown Indy in the late 80s and early 90s. Good times, especially when your a poor college kid with a fake ID...
                                                                                                  yeah.....that wasn't beer...similar color though

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X