Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 NM OT Taylor Miterko (Oklahoma State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 NM OT Taylor Miterko (Oklahoma State Verbal)

Offensive Tackle / Defensive End
    Carlsbad, NM (Carlsbad)

Measurements

Height: 6'5.5"
    Weight: 270

Rankings

Rivals: *** 5.6 Rating
    247: *** 85 Rating #1 NM, #75 OT, #831 Overall

247 Composite: NA

Offers
    Arizona State
    Baylor
    Boise State
    California
    Colorado
    Colorado State
    Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma State
    Ole Miss
    Oregon
    Rice
    TCU
    Texas State
    Texas Tech
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    Washington
    Washington State

Highlights:
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7727307/5a0134bae985232a10701d36' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by ResLife Hero; 06-04-2018, 03:33 PM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Honored to have received an offer from the University of Notre Dame!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/goirish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#goirish </a> <a href="https://t.co/FYqYkSvFov">pic.twitter.com/FYqYkSvFov</a></p>&mdash; Taylor Miterko (@MiterkoTm) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiterkoTm/status/1003728281282236416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ffer-118818898

Despite the success in recruiting offensive linemen, Notre Dame continues to expand the o-line board, particularly at offensive tackle.

The third tackle offer over the last month, Carlsbad (N.M.) three-star recruit Taylor Miterko announced an offer from the Irish on Monday – his seventh offer over the six weeks with Arizona State, Baylor, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, and Washington adding to his list.

After liking what they saw in the 6-foot-5 ½, 270-pound prospect’s film, Notre Dame sent quarterback coach Tom Rees to New Mexico to evaluate Miterko during a workout.

Rees and Miterko touched base after his stop at Carlsbad High School.

This paved the way for coach Jeff Quinn’s offer, which came during a phone conversation on June 4.

“Coach Quinn, he gave me his background and talked about his history,” Miterko said. “He seemed like a really humble guy and I liked talking to him. What he spoke about and what I took from what they know about me, I think they’re both really good guys and really good coaches.

“I think that (Notre Dame) is recruiting me mainly as an offensive tackle because I have the build for it and the length.”

For Miterko, the University and education in a private Catholic school is appealing.

“With Notre Dame, they are definitely a good school academic-wise and that definitely plays a role, because I definitely want to go to a school that has really good or really strong academics and Notre Dame kind of fits that,” Miterko said. “That’s a pretty big role and that’s an impressive school to say the least.

“I’m actually Catholic, I was raised Catholic, and both my parents are Catholic so it being a Catholic school definitely plays a role. I definitely think that it’s in the discussion. It’s a very great school academic-wise, so I’d definitely say it’s in the picture.”

With an offer on the table, as always, setting up a visit will be the next step.

“With how busy my schedule is and with other visits and whatnot, and the dead period that’s in the middle, it kind of makes it tough,” Miterko said. “But, I’ll see what I can do to hopefully make it up there because Notre Dame is definitely a school that’s worth seeing and worth my time. I definitely would like to get up there, but we’ll just have to see how things go throughout the summer.

“I’m not too sure yet, but hopefully I’ll make it up before the dead period. I’ll have to see. I might have to make it after. Football is starting for us at Carlsbad on the 18th, but hopefully I can make it there before (the dead period), if not, after.”

Aside from his recent offers, Colorado, Boise State, Cal, Colorado State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Rice, Texas Tech, Texas State, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Virginia, and Washington State have also offered.

Currently, two programs stand out.

“Definitely Texas Tech and Oklahoma State – those are two schools that I’ve been in contact with for a while and been trying to visit,” Miterko said. “Other than that, I’m still trying to figure out which are my top schools but those are definitely the main ones.

“Ideally, I’d like to make (my decision) before the summer is over, but I’m going to take as long as it takes to figure out which one is right for me.”

Comment

I always wonder what would happen if he committed on the spot and the Irish lost out on Zeke Corral as a result

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
          I always wonder what would happen if he committed on the spot and the Irish lost out on Zeke Corral as a result
          If Correll wants to Corral a spot all he has to do is say so. He's apparently in no hurry as he's visiting Stanford this week.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
            Unless this kid is a Center prospect, I don't see why this would make cause Notre Dame to lose out on Zeke.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
              Unless this kid is a Center prospect, I don't see why this would make cause Notre Dame to lose out on Zeke.
              It seems pretty obvious with the amount of OT offers that we’ve been putting out, there is zero correlation between these offers and Correll. We are being pretty active with adding a 5th OL to this class, that is an OT prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                It seems pretty obvious with the amount of OT offers that we’ve been putting out, there is zero correlation between these offers and Correll. We are being pretty active with adding a 5th OL to this class, that is an OT prospect.
                This.

This year's OL haul will most likely look like this:

Carroll ......... OG/RT
                Olmstead ..... OG/RT
                Correll .......... OG/C
                Kristofic ........ OT
                ______ ......... OT ---- Buelow, Rouse, Miterko + some other still non-offered OT's like:

JJ Guedet
                Joe Tippman
                CJ Elmonus
                Donovan Beaver
                Zach Teeter
                Landon Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  This.

Carroll ......... OG/RT
                  Olmstead ..... OG/RT
                  Correll .......... OG/C
                  Kristofic ........ OT
                  ______ ......... OT ---- Buelow, Rouse, Miterko + some other still non-offered OT's like:

JJ Guedet
                  Joe Tippman
                  CJ Elmonus
                  Donovan Beaver
                  Zach Teeter
                  Landon Peterson
                  I agree with your post. Olmstead is probably more likely to play Guard than Tackle. Carroll has a better chance of playing Tackle than Olmstead, but he too may end up playing Guard.

Out of the current class, Kristofic may be the only one that ends up playing Tackle.

Comment

Carroll would be a kickass guard.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                      This.

Carroll ......... OG/RT
                      Olmstead ..... OG/RT
                      Correll .......... OG/C
                      Kristofic ........ OT

JJ Guedet
                      Joe Tippman
                      CJ Elmonus
                      Donovan Beaver
                      Zach Teeter
                      Landon Peterson
                      Couldn’t agree more. Ideally they get Buelow on campus in the summer (95% chance that’s happening) and then again for an OV. They are also trying to do the same play for Vimahi but looks like it will be just an OV in the fall. Same with Rhyan from California where he’d take an OV in the fall cause summer visiting seems doubtful right now. And then there’s Rouse, Miterko, Laumea, Fautanu who I don’t know what exactly their plans are but ND is definitely looking for a 5th dude and very much likely in the OT mold. That’s why I reallly really hope ND can wrap up Zeke Correll by the end of June and then move forward into the fall needing 1 more of their best on the board to finish off the class.

Comment

Confirmed that Buelow is on campus today.

Comment

committed to Oklahoma State
                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X