Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 MD WR Cam Hart (Notre Dame Signee)

Wide Receiver / Defensive Back
    Olney, MD (Good Counsel)

Measurements

Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 190

Rankings

Rivals: *** 5.6 Rating #12 MD, #61 ATH
    247: *** 86 Rating #13 MD, #101 WR, #832 Overall
    ESPN: **** 80 Rating #9 MD, #33 WR

247 Composite: *** 86.76 Rating #12 MD, #85 WR, #654 Overall

Offers
    Boston College
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Maryland
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    Pittsburgh
    Purdue
    Rutgers
    Syracuse
    Temple
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    West Virginia

Highlights:
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6288278/59cf24a332e6c60c9c595085' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 12-19-2018, 07:19 AM.

Wiltfong and Loy put in CB predictions for ND today.

Comment

Visiting this weekend, per Loy. Alexander has been in contact, but there is a possiblity of him playing DB. https://247sports.com/college/notre-...kend-118698807

Comment

Star chaser here - but I'm a huge fan of his film.
        Last edited by koonja; 06-01-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Same HS that Sam Mustipher came from.
          Last edited by Me2SouthBend; 06-01-2018, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I like his film but he isn't a complete WR. Seems that he always let's the ball get to him and uses his body to cradle it. He doesn't use his hands to go and get the ball. As a DB he plays well and has decent ball skills but he isn't Kyle Hamilton. Could he be a big corner? Maybe but I am not sure if he is an every down corner. I think he will get beat by faster guys. He could defend larger receivers. I just don't know where he fits from a position standpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
              I like his film but he isn't a complete WR. Seems that he always let's the ball get to him and uses his body to cradle it. He doesn't use his hands to go and get the ball. As a DB he plays well and has decent ball skills but he isn't Kyle Hamilton. Could he be a big corner? Maybe but I am not sure if he is an every down corner. I think he will get beat by faster guys. He could defend larger receivers. I just don't know where he fits from a position standpoint.
              2 things:

1.) Thereís almost no such thing as a complete receiver at the high school level. Every kid has things to work on.

2.) You also just described Will Fuller perfectly and that worked out okay.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                2 things:

1.) Thereís almost no such thing as a complete receiver at the high school level. Every kid has things to work on.

2.) You also just described Will Fuller perfectly and that worked out okay.
                Just trying to give an analysis of his film. Not saying he can't develop that but I don't think he has will fuller speed. I also don't know if he is a better WR or a DB. If he is a DB can he play corner given we have the safeties we wanted.

Comment

I don’t think this is a class where we need to be picky with what WR’s we get we landed some studs last class

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                    I donít think this is a class where we need to be picky with what WRís we get we landed some studs last class
                    I don't think we need to be super picky, but we have zero WRs that exhaust their eligibility at the end of this season (Canteen would have been the only one, and he just left). I think only 11 total players on the team will exhaust at the end of the year, and we already have 11 commits .... I know we'll have other attrition, but I'm guessing it may be a small class (anyone know the target?). If it is a smaller class, I'm OK with waiting, and being a little picky at this juncture.
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Great news on Hart. He moved up to #10 on my board after Taj Davis committed to Washington.

Would love to see a commitment here. He'll be playing with 2021 #1 OA, OT Landon Tengwall this fall at Good Counsel.

Comment

Those CBs rolled in quickly, damn!

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ND Football Recruiting: 2019 Good Counsel (Md.) athlete Cam Hart (<a href="https://twitter.com/CamHart_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CamHart_</a>) will visit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> this weekend. Same high school program as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Irish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Irish</a> center Sam Mustipher. <a href="https://t.co/NkZpp1fBO0">https://t.co/NkZpp1fBO0</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1002632512219250689?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

ND's his dream school.

He Gone

Comment

He didn't tweet about it, but per a Tom Loy article and Cam's recruiting profile, he was offered during his visit. I didn't think he got offered and I was a little bummed about that. Glad to see I was wrong.

Comment

Is anyone that excited about this guy? I just dont see much from his film.

Comment

Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
                                  I just don't know what position he has the most potential to excel at. Based on depth chart and last year's class it could be safety depending on where the secondary shakes out. But that would mean HG goes to corner and Derrick Allen goes to rover and Shayne simon goes to LB some how. I think he may get lost in the depth chart wherever his position is.

Comment

Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
                                    I just don't know what position he has the most potential to excel at. Based on depth chart and last year's class it could be safety depending on where the secondary shakes out. But that would mean HG goes to corner and Derrick Allen goes to rover and Shayne simon goes to LB some how. I think he may get lost in the depth chart wherever his position is.
                                    Gosh, I actually really liked his film. I'll have to rewatch.

Comment

I'd take him, at WR

Comment

Latest Recruiting Corner podcast said that he met with both Alexander and Joseph. He didn't confirm or deny that he got an offer, but they speculated that he did, and the coaches want to see where his development takes him before pegging him for a particular position.

I also just noticed we have too many coaches with two first names.

Comment

Just rewatched his film and I think he is a better WR than a DB. Shows better instincts and changes his catch technique based on space. Also runs similar routes that chip long will use. Definitely an athlete. Blocks pretty well in the run game too. Given the class at WR we just took last year and depending on how many we get this year I think we take him.

Comment

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery...//#119110318_9

One of the top performers at PSU's camp

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                              https://247sports.com/ContentGallery...//#119110318_9

One of the top performers at PSU's camp
                                              Very odd recruitment. Iíve never heard of a kid reportedly receiving an offer, but refusing to acknowledge it publicly. Maybe it wasnít committable, but that runs contrary to BKís line that ďall of our offers are committable.Ē

Comment

So this guy is supposed to commit tomorrow? Is he that high up the board and won't acknowledge an offer?

Yes, very odd

Comment

So maybe I'm off but I liked his film. The podcast peeps seem "meh" on him. Lucci what do you think of Cam Hart?

Comment

His film didn't blow me away, but I'm not an expert.
                                                    Anyone have insight why he is so high up our board, but has pretty low rating and not a lot of big offers?

Comment

6'3", plays physical and looks plenty fast, comes from a great program, has position flexibility and has been performing well in camps. More than happy to welcome him on board tomorrow.

To me , he looks like just as much a standout as Jack Kiser while playing elite teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                        His film didn't blow me away, but I'm not an expert.
                                                        Anyone have insight why he is so high up our board, but has pretty low rating and not a lot of big offers?
                                                        See Kyle Hamilton. His rating is low too

Comment

MF on ISD reckons the only accurately rated 2019 recruits right now are Carroll, Lacey and Nana and everyone else is severely underrated.
                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                            6'3", plays physical and looks plenty fast, comes from a great program, has position flexibility and has been performing well in camps. More than happy to welcome him on board tomorrow.

To me , he looks like just as much a standout as Jack Kiser while playing elite teams.
                                                            He signed better than kiser IMO at his position. Also good gpa

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                              So maybe I'm off but I liked his film. The podcast peeps seem "meh" on him. Lucci what do you think of Cam Hart?
                                                              I like him. I'd echo almost exactly what ResLife said.

Also, I think in a smaller class for WR's, you start by targeting elite prospects. Which that doesn't seem to be in the cards at this point. Then players with an elite trait or two. Lastly, position flexibility and/or great program fits. He's seems to fit the last two.

In regards to players with an elite trait or two, that is why I like Genson Hooper Price quite a bit. He's a 6'4-5 that's ran a sub 4.5 on multiple occasions. You don't see those as HS juniors that often. Those are elite traits, IMO. Maybe he never becomes a complete WR, but you would think those traits can be beneficial to an offense. He's essentially an ESB close, it would seem. I'd take that.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> WR target <a href="https://twitter.com/CamHart_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CamHart_</a> tells me he plans to announce his commitment decision tomorrow around noon EDT. The <a href="https://twitter.com/gcfootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@gcfootball</a> product visited the Irish in June.</p>&mdash; Tyler James (@TJamesNDI) <a href="https://twitter.com/TJamesNDI/status/1014202712681050112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                  MF on ISD reckons the only accurately rated 2019 recruits right now are Carroll, Lacey and Nana and everyone else is severely underrated.
                                                                  Italics?

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                    Italics?
                                                                    No, he was being very serious and I agree with him. We beat some truly elite football programs for a handful of these guys.

Comment

Nana is underrated on 247

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                        No, he was being very serious and I agree with him. We beat some truly elite football programs for a handful of these guys.
                                                                        I mean, if another fan base claimed that everyone other than their 3 highest ranked players were severely underrated, I'd laugh at them. Clearly guys like hamilton should expect a bump, but let's not get carried away with the koolaid. I love the class so far, for the record.

Comment

I mean, if another fan base claimed that everyone other than their 3 highest ranked players were severely underrated, I'd laugh at them. Clearly guys like hamilton should expect a bump, but let's not get carried away with the koolaid. I love the class so far, for the record.
                                                                          Mike F isnít a kool aid drinker, if youíve followed his work. And Itís really not that far fetched.

Comment

Also, he’s not saying that every prospect is a high 4 star/ 5 star player. He’s just saying they are better than their current rankings. Which could mean the difference between a low 3 star and a high 3 star player. I don’t think kool aid has to be involved to believe that. OSU, UGA, PSU, UM, and Clemson did with some of them.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Once again, I love the class, top to bottom. It's just the principle of claiming everyone other than the cream of the crop being severely underrated comes across very homerish. If we're getting into specifics rather than priniciple, id say I have no problem with where kyren, olmstead, correll, cross, spears, osi, ajavon and bramblett are currently ranked.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Once again, I love the class, top to bottom. It's just the principle of claiming everyone other than the cream of the crop being severely underrated comes across very homerish. If we're getting into specifics rather than priniciple, id say I have no problem with where kyren, olmstead, correll, cross, spears, osi, ajavon and bramblett are currently ranked.
                                                                                Kristofric and Hamilton are the obvious ones. I think hunter spears is underrated and I think nana is low on rivals. Ajavon is way low on 247. I think Cam Hart would be a 4 star if he was a more polished receiver technically.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Kristofric and Hamilton are the obvious ones. I think hunter spears is underrated and I think nana is low on rivals. Ajavon is way low on 247. I think Cam Hart would be a 4 star if he was a more polished receiver technically.
                                                                                  Hamilton's bump is coming soon thankfully.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">COMMITTED!! UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME ☘️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> <a href="https://t.co/VRprQ50oSA">pic.twitter.com/VRprQ50oSA</a></p>&mdash; C. Hart (@CamHart_) <a href="https://twitter.com/CamHart_/status/1014533592754655233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      BOOM

Comment

• #44

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Nice. Add a QB today too no? ND can be real picky with only expecting taking two WR.
                                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            BOOOOOMMMM!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Cool beans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Nice pickup. Welcome to ND Cam!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I have a feeling that if ND wants a max of 23 guys this year they might add a 3rd WR. Based on the scouting reports on 247 and ISD he wants to play defense. If ND adds 18 guys with Clark and another LB and a best available player is a WR they may add a 3rd. Although 2020 looks promising so we will see. Granted I think they will prioritize other positions before a 3rd WR but the way the articles read it wouldn't surprise me if they took a 3rd.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                                    Nice. Add a QB today too no? ND can be real picky with only expecting taking two WR.
                                                                                                    This evening

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X