Syracuse
    Wake
    Wiscy
    The MAC

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/eallindi83

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6571882/Erick-All

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6571882/5a167bd119a5e108dc5c17a0' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-24-2018, 12:11 PM.

Would think this would be bad news for the Luke Deal sweepstakes

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
      I think this is the confirmation of what the staff has known for a while. They aren't in a good spot with any of the TE's at the top of their board.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Master List and Jude Wolfe's threads:

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Erick All's needed a profile for a while now.

Staff was in Cincy to evaluate him a few weeks ago and Loy wrote him up again with the staff checking in on him again at Fairfield HS. He's a 100+ Sparq and is a really good blocker despite the fact he's built like a classic FLEX/Big WR.

If the staff doesn't close the Deal, expect a quick offer to All the TE

247 FREEBIE:

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...-All-118405846

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Erick-All-at-Fairfield-203631/Embed"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      I'd take him but I haven't come around to believe this is a race ND can win. I've spent little time on him but what I have read (away from the Click Collectors) is not good for ND.

To clean up my choice of words in my lat post, I don't like the position ND is in with the top of their TE board. I really like Rae, Hudson and Wolfe and I like Deal. I don't think ND's completely happy either. The staff was in Cincy to evaluate Erick All this week.

Comment

Yea I mean hard to fault Chip Long here after what he brought in last year and what the room looks like in terms of talent and depth. Plus, he got 7/11 offered TEís on campus to visit and took some strong shots with Hudson Henry, Jude Wolfe, and Luke Deal. Some years the TE position will work out like the DT position this year where youíll have 5-6 guys wanting two spots and other years you donít really have any regional or catholic school advantages. Hopefully Deal gets on board, if not, then all in on Erick All and call it a day.

Comment

It doesnít always have to mean that. Sounds like Deal is a coin toss. But consider we offered Bralen Trice 17 Days after Nana gave a silent commit. Clearly that didnít have anything to do with missing on Nana. Sometimes you just come across players you like and offer. There doesnít always have to be a deeper meaning.

Comment

Looks like he came over from central casting for the Solo reboot. Was born to play Lando Calrissian.

So much better than...

Comment

I’ll be interested to see if they decide to kick the tires on Jack Coldiron at Covington Catholic in KY. Michael Mayer’s buddy and Cov Cath’s other WR/TE.

His only offer is Miami (OH), and he’s committed there, so I’m not sure if ND gets that far down the list, or if they’d want to swoop in on their old pal Chuck Martin like that... but he’s got upside as a pass-catcher, a frame that can add 20 lbs while he learns how to block, AND he can be a pipeline that helps land his friend Mayer the next year.
              Last edited by IrishLion; 05-22-2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Like the offer but I really think if we don't land Deal or All we should flip Logan Lee or Thomas Gordon. Gordon has all the offers plus Ivy League. Seems like an easy win.

Comment

I was pondering this question and it made me wonder what would be the best way to handle the situation of making an offer to Erick All if Deal doesn't select ND.

Is the timing of an offer an indicator that we know we are likely not getting deal

OR

Are we making the offer to Erick two days before Deal makes his decision simply so that we can say that we liked you enough to offer you even before Deal's decision. Obviously Erick is unlikely to commit to ND on the spot, so we might as well go ahead and make the offer now.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                    I was pondering this question and it made me wonder what would be the best way to handle the situation of making an offer to Erick All if Deal doesn't select ND.

Is the timing of an offer an indicator that we know we are likely not getting deal

OR

Are we making the offer to Erick two days before Deal makes his decision simply so that we can say that we liked you enough to offer you even before Deal's decision. Obviously Erick is unlikely to commit to ND on the spot, so we might as well go ahead and make the offer now.
                    Perhaps the staff wants two TE's?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                      Perhaps the staff wants two TE's?
                      Or they know Deal could decommits later on

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                        Or they know Deal could decommits later on
                        Perhaps, but it would be odd for the staff to already be planning contingencies for a guy that's not even committed yet.

I think it's likely that they want two TE's in the class. Since the first group of TE's didn't yield any results, the board will start expanding much wider.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                          Perhaps, but it would be odd for the staff to already be planning contingencies for a guy that's not even committed yet.

I think it's likely that they want two TE's in the class. Since the first group of TE's didn't yield any results, the board will start expanding much wider.
                          I don't agree with 2 this cycle. 2020 looks betyer for that

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                            I don't agree with 2 this cycle. 2020 looks betyer for that
                            I agree with you, so the staff's plan may change if they don't get Deal.

But I think the way TE recruiting started and the feelers they currently have out there mean they're still open to taking two guys if they get who they want, aka Deal and the right project.

There's also a chance that someone from the early board comes back with late and renewed interest. That would be the best case scenario for what Long seems to want at TE.

Comment

I think this Luckylucci hit the nail on the head in that I don't know if its totally related to Deal. There are more factors than I was taking into account at the time. Could be All was just too good to not offer and they didn't want to slow play him and lose ground on others. Could be they don't think they're getting Deal. Could be they want 2 TE's but that would seem unbelievably rash in that they would have a big number of scholarships allocated to one position. Could be a completely different scenario but we should know more by Friday when Luke Deal has made his decision which is hopefully for the Irish.

Comment

Also, something of note in regards to the timing of the offer. The coach told ISD that they were getting together today to plan what his summer visits are going to be. Probably giving an offer prior to that conversation, means we'll have some priority on that visit list.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  Also, something of note in regards to the timing of the offer. The coach told ISD that they were getting together today to plan what his summer visits are going to be. Probably giving an offer prior to that conversation, means we'll have some priority on that visit list.
                                  Thanks Lucky, this seems to be the most obvious explanation. Reps. I guess I can't rep you I have to spread it around.

Comment

I was pretty shocked when the staff took 2 TE's last year despite getting Wright and Kmet a year before. I wouldn't have been surprised if the staff took zero TE's this year, especially considering what we could potentially be looking at next year (definitely likely that we end up with 2 TE's). 2 TE's this year would certainly be bold.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                      I was pretty shocked when the staff took 2 TE's last year despite getting Wright and Kmet a year before. I wouldn't have been surprised if the staff took zero TE's this year, especially considering what we could potentially be looking at next year (definitely likely that we end up with 2 TE's). 2 TE's this year would certainly be bold.
                                      Well they want two TE's on the field at almost all times if they're getting what they want from the position (and as long as BK lets Long do his thing). That means you need at least 4 scholarship TE's available to take reps, but probably 5 to be safe, and then maybe even a 6th depending on special/differing skill sets.

Right now they have Kmet, Mack, Wright, and Weishar, and then two frosh that may or may not be ready/needed.

But after this year, you're probably down to Kmet and Wright, with two guys that probably haven't played many snaps that need to be ready behind them in Takacs and Tremble... then consider that the staff might consider a guy like Tremble to be more of a WR than a TE, and suddenly your options at TE are limited if you find yourself down a body and need a blocker.

If Long wants two TE's on the field for a majority of the snaps, it makes sense that they get a jump start on stockpiling bodies at the position for '19 and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                        Thanks Lucky, this seems to be the most obvious explanation. Reps. I guess I can't rep you I have to spread it around.
                                        sent him reps for ya.
                                        Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

Comment

If you plan on playing 2 TE's for a majority of snaps. Then you are probably going to be recruiting 2 TE's most years. And you'll more than likely never have a year where you skip one.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X