Utah State
    Virginia
    Washington

Media Links:
    Twitter
    Hudl

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7371695/...a5e108dc5c9d08

Offered a while ago. Didn't see a thread for him, but we visited in-home this week https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ting-118070035

Seems to be playing it pretty close to the heart, only two CBs, both to Utah.

Hey, you never know.

Comment

To clarify, these are not in-home visits. These are school visits.

Comment

Polian visiting Hawaii in early 2017, spring 2017, early 2018, and now Elston during spring 2018. The Irish certainly have a presence in Hawaii which is good because they have 4 awesome prospects in 2019 (DT Faatui Tuitele, LB Maninoa Tufono, OL Enokk Vimahi, OL Julius Buelow) and probably a couple more in 2020 (LB Jordan Botehlo, WR Matt Sykes, DB Kaonohi Kaniho, Alaka'i Gilman - Alohi's bro).

Comment

Certainly making Hawai’i a priority again, but Elston was already out there for Kona’s funeral. I wonder if this trip happens without that occurring.

Comment

Utah analyst switched his crystal ball to us, after they got left out of his top 8.

Comment

Has he even visited?

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                Has he even visited?
                No. That's why Loy was pessimistic.

Here's what we're up against. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you to all the Coaches who believed in me and supported me through this process🙏🏼List is subject to change but this is my Top 8! Please respect my decision‼️Thank you to <a href="https://twitter.com/RedRaiderSoul?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RedRaiderSoul</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/loveneenalove?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@loveneenalove</a> for the edit ✊🏼IN NO SPECIFIC ORDER <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Top8?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Top8</a> <a href="https://t.co/fTjckfPcY2">pic.twitter.com/fTjckfPcY2</a></p>&mdash; Enokk &quot;Inoke&quot; Vimahi (@enokkvimahi) <a href="https://twitter.com/enokkvimahi/status/1014603042484699136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

No way he goes ND. Hasn't visited and we have 4 awesome lineman already. Not a chance.

Comment

No way he goes ND. Hasn't visited and we have 4 awesome lineman already. Not a chance.
                    Doesn’t sound like this is very accurate.

Comment

He’s scheduled to OV for the Michigan game.

Comment

If he’s taking an official visit to ND, our chances have to be a bit better than some are speculating. Not saying we have a great chance, but I’m certainly not ruling it out.

Comment

Read somewhere recently that he's locked in for an OV for the Michigan game.

Some people love him and others don't. As President of the Walter Rouse fan club, I hope he ends up elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                            Read somewhere recently that he's locked in for an OV for the Michigan game.
                            Yeah, I remember reading that. It was 2 posts up.

Comment

I think I saw somewhere that he will OV for the Michigan game
                              Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

I'd be surprised if he commits to us. Also I'd rather have a WR at his ranking than an OL.

Comment

I'd be surprised if he commits to us. Also I'd rather have a WR at his ranking than an OL.
                                  Because it can only be one or the other?
                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                    Because it can only be one or the other?
                                    No but if I had to choose, I would rather take Kyle Ford than Enokk.

Comment

No but if I had to choose, I would rather take Kyle Ford than Enokk.
                                      Yea, who wouldn’t. He’s arguably the best player in the class. But, I highly doubt that’s an option. Also, it also doesn’t have to be one or the other. Looks like a 5th OL, mainly OT is part of the BPA group.

Comment

Vimahi is the best o-line prospect I've seen in Hawaii, in some time, and I've watched guys like the Kemoeatu Brothers, the Raiola Brothers, and Max Unger. He may be the next Olin Kreutz or Chirs Naeole. Similar size, same mean streak, a true mauler.

Kreutz also started out as a tackle, then moved to guard later in high school. Like I said in the Buelow thread, I can see Vimahi moving to guard.

Comment

Free interview, some quotes about us.

Do you have any official or unofficial visits lined up for this fall already?

“I have an official to Notre Dame on Sept. 1 for the Michigan game. That will be my first official. I am not too sure about taking any unofficial visits this fall. I hope to knock all five official visits out sooner than later. I will be coming out with my Top 5 pretty soon.”

What has you excited about visiting Notre Dame (Sept. 1)?

“Look at the draft. They had two of the best offensive linemen in the draft. They have a rich offensive lineman tradition. They are the best of both worlds with an elite education and an elite football team. Their business program is ranked really high. The coaches seem to have high interest in me. That is great for me. I want to be there for a game day visit and see them take on a great team like Michigan.”
                                          https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/4...nd-recruiting/

Comment

Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                            Free interview, some quotes about us.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/4...nd-recruiting/
                                            Wonder who top 5 is? ND UW Utah STANFORD USC

Comment

Wonder who top 5 is? ND UW Utah STANFORD USC
                                              I don't think Stanford offered. Don't sleep on UVA; I think they're the darkhorse in this competition. UVA has a handful of kids from Hawaii, including two of Vimahi's teammates from Kahuku.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                                I don't think Stanford offered. Don't sleep on UVA; I think they're the darkhorse in this competition. UVA has a handful of kids from Hawaii, including two of Vimahi's teammates from Kahuku.
                                                Did Bronco get a few Hawaiians back at BYU?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                  a few haha, he's LDS himself so he recruits those kids hard. He's creative also and has gotten track and field (Ziggy Ansah), rugby and European athletes onto his rosters in his time
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                    a few haha, he's LDS himself so he recruits those kids hard. He's creative also and has gotten track and field (Ziggy Ansah), rugby and European athletes onto his rosters in his time
                                                    Right, I knew he got LDS kids, but he was also at BYU. I figured there'd be some carryover to UVA, but I didn't know how successful he was in the Islands back at BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                      Right, I knew he got LDS kids, but he was also at BYU. I figured there'd be some carryover to UVA, but I didn't know how successful he was in the Islands back at BYU.
                                                      He did okay, but it was Lavell Edwards that really recruited Hawaii. That's why UH always considered BYU their rival. The feeling was mostly one-sided, since BYU has Utah. For old-time Hawaii fans, though, the hatred is real.

Comment

Watched his first two games, this year. Played well against Punahou and dominated Waianae. That being said, he can be beat around the corner in pass-pro. He looked like Big Mike, at times, in that sense. Once he lost leverage, he had to scramble on the guy's hip to keep the pocket intact.

Straight on, though, this guy is a killer. He completely neutralized Tufono on a number of plays. I'm genuinely surprised that Wisconsin isn't a bigger factor. Their DL coach, Inoke Breckterfield, has strong ties to the Kahuku crew. I think he would fit in with their OL very well.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Top247 OT Enokk Vimahi gives the highlights from his official visit to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> &quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ND?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ND</a> has been and amazing experience.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/gbIqgPlRzW">https://t.co/gbIqgPlRzW</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomLoy247</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinSinclair_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KevinSinclair _</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Irish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Irish</a></p>&mdash; Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/1036580713276100609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                          https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...ning-121383164
                                                          Notre Dame leaves big impression on four-star OL
                                                          The first official visit was everything Enokk Vimahi could have asked for and more.
                                                          The four-star offensive tackle from Kahuku, Hawaii, saw Notre Dame earn a victory against Michigan in a marquee matchup Saturday night, got a breakdown of the university's academic and spiritual appeals from former players such as Manti Te'o, and returned home with a great feeling about the Fighting Irish moving forward.
                                                          "Just being with the other recruits and seeing the developmental process, not only in football but off the field, it was great to see the combination of what it would be like to fit in there," Vimahi told 247Sports. "Flying all the way out here from the islands is not a small thing, but I know that surrounding yourself with the right people just makes the transition easier and I had a lot of great people to talk to that already went through that experience, so the trip was great for me."
                                                          It was the first official visit of the recruiting process for the 6-foot-4, 281-pound lineman, who is also considering Nebraska, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, UCLA, USC, Virginia and Washington. Vimahi said he has built a strong relationship with assistant coach Brian Polian, his lead recruiter at Notre Dame, and this weekend got to know head coach Brian Kelly much better.
                                                          "On gameday, coach Kelly was fired up to play and was completely locked in," Vimahi said. "He's really a player's coach and he's been known to take them out to his lake house on weekends. Sitting down with him, getting to chat with him throughout the weekend and seeing who he is as a person off the field was nice."
                                                          Vimahi was hosted by freshman safety Paul Moala, who shared his views on what it's like to be a student-athlete in South Bend.
                                                          "Both Paul and I are Poly and LDS, so it was a perfect pairing," Vimahi said. "He told me about the program and the environment. It was great to hear everything from him. I'm planning on going to college for a year and then going on my two-year mission, and Notre Dame is supportive either way."
                                                          The Sooners are set to draw the next official visit on the weekend of Sept. 22 when they play Army. That would leave three more available visit spots.
                                                          "Two schools that are pushing hard right now are Nebraska and USC, and most likely we'll be going to those schools after the season," Vimahi said. "I'll still be looking out for the fifth official."
                                                          Vimahi is the nation's No. 93 overall prospect, No. 12 among offensive tackles and No. 2 in the state of Hawaii, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings. He has committed to play in both the All-American Bowl and the Polynesian Bowl.

Comment

Derrell Hart - Ole Miss Insider - ND CB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                              Derrell Hart - Ole Miss Insider - ND CB!!!
                                                              That guy makes CB's like Apple makes phones. All day by the <strike>case</strike> boat load.

He should be making a Rouse prediction in 3-2-1

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                That guy makes CB's like Apple makes phones. All day by the <strike>case</strike> boat load.

He should be making a Rouse prediction in 3-2-1
                                                                Agreed. His pick means absolutely nothing. On 8/31, he threw down 59 crystal balls for recruits in the 2021 class.

Comment

Wiltfong CB to USC.

Comment

That's so annoying. We throw probably the best atmosphere and weekend to be at ND in a long while at him and six days later Wiltfong is CB'ing him to USC.

Comment

That's so annoying. We throw probably the best atmosphere and weekend to be at ND in a long while at him and six days later Wiltfong is CB'ing him to USC.
                                                                      Maybe, just maybe, this is because Rouse is ours.

Comment

its tough to get kids from island to come to the midwest....just is...yes we have had a few and still do but usc/utah/washington tend to get them
                                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                          Maybe, just maybe, this is because Rouse is ours.
                                                                          Leaning towards this

Comment

He got hurt, last night. I don't know how bad. He was rolled up, twice, from what little of the game I watched.

Kahuku played St. Louis (Tuitele) and it was basically a bloodbath. SL had 6 sacks in the first half. SL D-line whipped around the edges so quickly, they ended up crashing into Vimahi's ankles/knees.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by SonofOahu View Post
                                                                              He got hurt, last night. I don't know how bad. He was rolled up, twice, from what little of the game I watched.

Kahuku played St. Louis (Tuitele) and it was basically a bloodbath. SL had 6 sacks in the first half. SL D-line whipped around the edges so quickly, they ended up crashing into Vimahi's ankles/knees.
                                                                              TUITELE is a man among boys. Hopefully VIMAHI will be ok.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by HawaiianIrish View Post
                                                                                TUITELE is a man among boys. Hopefully VIMAHI will be ok.
                                                                                Yes, yes he is. My old coach was telling me about him, almost two years ago. This St. Louis Defense is scary good. Reminds me of the St. Louis teams of the 90s when they had monstas like Vili Maumau, Vae Tata, and Peter Salavea all on the field at the same time.

How you been, Hawaiian?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The University of Notre Dame ☘<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FightClub19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fig htClub19</a> <a href="https://t.co/F3AcrpyN0D">pic.twitter.com/F3AcrpyN0D</a></p>&mdash; Enokk &quot;Inoke&quot; Vimahi (@enokkvimahi) <a href="https://twitter.com/enokkvimahi/status/1040456736828616707?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2018</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Vimahi just gave us the bat signal as to...

Vimahi(Notre Dame) and Rouse(Stanford)?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Was scheduled to visit Oklahoma last weekend, but it appears he's postponed that visit. Not really sure why.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        The excuse/reason for cancelling the visit is below. On a side note, one day after he cancelled his visit, he tweeted something asking if anyone can do an edit for him. Not sure if that means he's close to committing or just cutting his list from 8 to ???

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ope...mber-21st-23rd

Per his high school football coach, Enokk Vimahi (Kahuku, HI) has canceled his official visit to Norman. The visit was scheduled for this weekend. Coach Carvalho, head coach at Kahuku High School said, “he (Enokk) got ‘leg whipped’ in a game. So, he’s focusing on rehabbing so he can get back on the field.”

Coach added, “He’s (Enokk) probably planning on going (to Norman) after the season”.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Wiltfong CB to USC.
                                                                                          Wiltfong originally CB'd him to USC on 9/7/18, yesterday he changed his CB. Utah Insider also flipped his CB yesterday. One of them flipped to Utah and the other flipped to Undecided. I can only assume that Wiltfong is the undecided CB now.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                                            Wiltfong originally CB'd him to USC on 9/7/18, yesterday he changed his CB. Utah Insider also flipped his CB yesterday. One of them flipped to Utah and the other flipped to Undecided. I can only assume that Wiltfong is the undecided CB now.
                                                                                            Wiltfong went to Utah. Utah guy went undecided. My guess is that ND is playing the numbers game now. Maybe telling Enokk he may not have a spot depending on how this cycle shakes out.

If ND gets Foskey and potentially flips Turner that is 21. His spot may be gone, especially if something shakes out with JD Bertrand.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Utah wasn't in his top 8 back in July. They are having a pretty good season though, so maybe they have an opportunity to make a move.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I guess his brother Aliki did sign with Utah in the 2017 class and is in the 2nd year of his two year mission.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Wiltfong went to Utah. Utah guy went undecided. My guess is that ND is playing the numbers game now. Maybe telling Enokk he may not have a spot depending on how this cycle shakes out.

If ND gets Foskey and potentially flips Turner that is 21. His spot may be gone, especially if something shakes out with JD Bertrand.
                                                                                                  Me thinks we'll have more spots than we think. No info
                                                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                                                    Me thinks we'll have more spots than we think. No info
                                                                                                    Well we did hear in another thread that some medical reports are due to come back in the next few weeks. This a reason JD Bertrand is being pursued.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X