Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 NJ SDE David Ojabo (Michigan Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    I realize that, and in saying not just Ojabo, you are implying that he is included on the list of DEís who could play immediately. Iím saying I highly doubt thatís the case with Ojabo.
    Makes sense. I knew he was a project but not that much of a project

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
      Makes sense. I knew he was a project but not that much of a project
      Heís a huge project. He literally has no idea what heís doing. Admitted by him. His coach says go tackle the guy with the ball. This is his first offseason, ever, training for football. Now itís a huge upside project but I highly doubt this kid shows up on NDís campus and takes snaps from Kareem and Ade O. Or more realistically, UMís campus and immediately plays on that DL.

Comment

Not just ojabo we could sell to. All DE could be rotational year 1 given the depth chart
        Dude, what? No matter the depth, almost nobody starts on a defense as a freshman.

Even Jaylon was behind Spond (who was really quality btw).
        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
          Dude, what? No matter the depth, almost nobody starts on a defense as a freshman.

And that's crap. Jaylon should've started day one. We shouldn't be afraid to start freshman IF they are ready. Not saying ojabo will start because of what I learned about him in earlier posts but Nana for example. He could be used to give daelin a break for a series or two during games. If we didn't have daelin and nana is better than kofi, then he should start. Alabama started a freshman at tackle in Jonah William's. We rotated Hainsey on the line last year.

Comment

• Plenty of deserving freshman start or rotate.

Comment

And that's crap. Jaylon should've started day one. We shouldn't be afraid to start freshman IF they are ready. Not saying ojabo will start because of what I learned about him in earlier posts but Nana for example. He could be used to give daelin a break for a series or two during games. If we didn't have daelin and nana is better than kofi, then he should start. Alabama started a freshman at tackle in Jonah William's. We rotated Hainsey on the line last year.
              Bama is about the worst example you could use. They consistently get 5 star guys who are the best of the best as freshman. Getting the top 1% changes things a little. And Williams was class of 16.
              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

It's not crap......yes, Jaylon did end up starting his Freshman year, but they really had to dumb down the defense for him in areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                  It's not crap......yes, Jaylon did end up starting his Freshman year, but they really had to dumb down the defense for him in areas.
                  Wasn't that with BVG? If so even he didn't know what the D was supposed do.

Comment

Wasn't that with BVG? If so even he didn't know what the D was supposed do.
                    No, it was Diaco's last year. 2013.

Comment

• I think we can all agree that in 99.9% of the time, a freshman should not start on top 25 team... If he does, it's either because he's 1) truly elite, or 2) the position has major holes.

And when they do, it's rare that play calling is not impacted.

I do love to see Freshman in the rotation (when not out of desperation), and happy about the new 4 game rule.

PS... and I'm so happy the Diaco and BVG years are behind us.

Comment

I started a nice little firestorm with this comment I made after a night of serious drinking. hah

But anyways, I think I was trying to make the point that it is specifically hard to start as a freshman on defense, and even when the kid is a very high quality player it is still usually because of a lack of talent on the depth chart and not because they are just so good. Besides getting someone to fully understand and learn a defense can be complicated at this level in just one offseason.
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I started a nice little firestorm with this comment I made after a night of serious drinking. hah
                          Coors Light?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                            Coors Light?

Lots and lots of vodka.

I'm on a diet. lol

Comment

Lots and lots of vodka.

I'm on a diet. lol
                              After all the CL talk the other night, I picked up a 12 pack of 16oz cans...

Comment

Lots and lots of vodka.

I'm on a diet. lol
                                I've been drinking Three Olives cherry vodka with Simply Lemonade.......with this heat, I seem to be drinking a LOT of it!!!

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">C O M M I T T E D�� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TGFE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TGFE</a> <a href="https://t.co/nywm5DQc5B">pic.twitter.com/nywm5DQc5B</a></p>&mdash; King Ojabo�� (@DavidOjabo) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidOjabo/status/1013769732489695233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• kid is feeling himself huh
                                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                      kid is feeling himself huh
                                      That was obvious from the point when he put out his top 15.

Comment

• he was kept grounded though...

Comment

• "this kid's not like Jayson Oweh at all!"
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Let's see what Elston has up his sleeve after this Aeneas not getting signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                              "this kid's not like Jayson Oweh at all!"
                                              this is what i was told with someone in direct contact with him and parents
                                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                "this kid's not like Jayson Oweh at all!"
                                                Hearing a player used in the same sentence as Jayson Oweh is starting to become my new "I think we have a chance with this kid from Fresno."

Comment

• https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...nd/5441429002/

kid is stuck in the UK and can't get back into the United States
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X