Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 IL ATH Kendall Abdur-Rahman (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    Yeah, it's just about skill set, not pigeon-holing him as a "small" guy.

TJ Jr has great hands, but I wouldn't consider him a "slash" guy because he's not ever going to line up in the slot and run the WR route tree. Williams has that ability.
    This is a very interesting article about the future of the RB in the spread/RPO offense.
    https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...the-spread-era

It basically comes down to there being a split with one type of RB being a more fullback like one which can get the tough inside runs and also pick up blitzes and the other beings a more hybrid WR/RB that can attack the edges but also split out and run the route tree. To me, Tony Jones (and to a less extent Kyren Williams) fits very squarely in the fullback role with the added ability to be a decent receiver. Guys like Jafar and KAR fit more squarely in the hybrid role. So having guys in both roles could potentially be better than having the one do-it-all back that we all want and could make the best of a bad situation w/r/t rb recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
      This is a very interesting article about the future of the RB in the spread/RPO offense.
      https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...the-spread-era

It basically comes down to there being a split with one type of RB being a more fullback like one which can get the tough inside runs and also pick up blitzes and the other beings a more hybrid WR/RB that can attack the edges but also split out and run the route tree. To me, Tony Jones (and to a less extent Kyren Williams) fits very squarely in the fullback role with the added ability to be a decent receiver. Guys like Jafar and KAR fit more squarely in the hybrid role. So having guys in both roles could potentially be better than having the one do-it-all back that we all want and could make the best of a bad situation w/r/t rb recruiting.
      Not sure that Williams should be looked at as a FB type at all. Not saying he should be put in the Dex category, but I've read several things talking about his big play capability. Here's one.

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting...561ea8c76.html

Running back Kyren Williams of St. Louis, a 2019 Notre Dame commit, shook off the hand prying his facemask, and as he cut back to the left, two Chaminade defenders whiffed and tackled each other. One more ankle-breaking move capped off an eyebrow-raising 80-yard touchdown run.

“Holy cow,” Edwards said on last Friday’s broadcast.

It was nothing new for the 5-9, 205-pound Williams, though.

“It is hard to find a game, honestly, in the last three years, where he hasn’t had two runs like the 80-yarder he had Friday night,” said Paul Day, Vianney’s head coach. “There’s a lot of it there. I could probably give you 10 minutes of clips that were pretty amazing.”
      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        I don't think they envision him toting the rock 15+ times/game this fall so that has time to work itself out.

In general, I don't think we should over think this. He's a dynamic athlete, something we don't have a lot of at RB. And, he's never played WR. So why not start him at RB and see what you get. It's a faster process than learning to run routes, read man versus zone coverage, etc.
        until you consider pass blocking schemes
        Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
          Not sure that Williams should be looked at as a FB type at all. Not saying he should be put in the Dex category, but I've read several things talking about his big play capability. Here's one.

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting...561ea8c76.html
          I agree that he is more of a real runningback than fullback, but I was more thinking he will be big enough (probably playing at 210+) to take on pass blocking responsibilities and sturdy enough to hold up to inside runs. Same thing goes for Tony Jones. He isn't a burner and he also isn't a traditional fullback, but he fits the description from the article I linked pretty well.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
            until you consider pass blocking schemes
            That was certainly taken into account and doesn't have a great deal of impact on what he'll be asked to do. He's not being moved to RB to come in and be the bellcow back. They're probably trying to find guys who can create explosive plays. It's much easier to get him the ball 3-5 times/game at RB than WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
              I agree that he is more of a real runningback than fullback, but I was more thinking he will be big enough (probably playing at 210+) to take on pass blocking responsibilities and sturdy enough to hold up to inside runs. Same thing goes for Tony Jones. He isn't a burner and he also isn't a traditional fullback, but he fits the description from the article I linked pretty well.
              I think Williams is short but thick, but sounds like he's also fast and elusive. Jones just doesn't seem fast or elusive. Give me Williams every down, while Jones is limited to 3rd and short.

Comment

• If I'm Kelly (or Long) and I look at what I've got next year, I think, we have a chance at excellence all over this offense except RB. There is potential here and there but no sure thing. Let's load up the RB room (especially with few concerns at WR with the young jets at WR and maybe Kumah coming in) and see if there's a big surprise somewhere there that really wants this spot.

Comment

• Finally got around to watching his tape and holy cow he's a hell of an athlete. Moves a lot like Kevin Austin (Just keep in mind Austin has 2" and 20 lbs on him but Austin is insane). Gets to second gear in a step or two and is a long strider, but he bends well into his turns when in open space without loosing speed. Should get a look at kick returns.
                  "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                  --Samuel L

Comment

• '19 IL ATH Kendall Abdur-Rahman (Notre Dame Signee)

He is my favorite skill position recruit this class. And don’t be at all surprised if this lowly 3 star turns out to be a diamond like Julian Love, Will Fuller, Kevin Stephenson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                      He is my favorite skill position recruit this class. And don’t be at all surprised if this lowly 3 star turns out to be a diamond like Julian Love, Will Fuller, Kevin Stephenson.

I really like both KAR and Williams. Both really interesting guys. We only had 4 O skill guys, but I think they got it right with both of these.

Comment

• Measured in at 5-11.5/189. Not the 6-1 as advertised.

Will he get a shot at RB in his career?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                          Measured in at 5-11.5/189. Not the 6-1 as advertised.

Will he get a shot at RB in his career?
                          If he struggles to catch on at WR, then I think you have to try it. Dynamic athlete with the ball in his hands. Gotta try and get him touches somehow.

Comment

• I see a Prosise type career here. Struggles to find a home early and ends up being a pretty quality back towards the end of his time with the Irish.
                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• WR, RB, CB all seem open to KAR given his athleticism.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hell of a catch from WR Kendall Abdur-Rahman (<a href="https://twitter.com/kendall4heisman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kendall4heis man</a>) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> <a href="https://t.co/INAwKKYqzR">pic.twitter.com/INAwKKYqzR</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1235604241030541313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Really like him as a prospect. Hopefully they can get him some action whether that is within the offense or ST’s.

Comment

• I think he dropped it.

Comment

Really like him as a prospect. Hopefully they can get him some action whether that is within the offense or ST&rsquo;s.

I&rsquo;m right here with you on KAR. I loved him coming out of high school. I believe he was my choice for offensive sleeper in last years class.

Saying all that it&rsquo;s going to be tough for him seeing the field on offense with all the depth at WR. But, if he knows the plays and is good enough they will find a way for him to get on the field on offense.

His best shot to see action is in the return game as you mentioned.

Comment

• Forgot the italics?

Comment

Forgot the italics?

No. Why do you say that? I&rsquo;m confused.

Comment

• Sorry, we posted at the same time. Should’ve quoted T-Boone. Doesn’t look like a drop at all, was wondering if he was joking.

Comment

Sorry, we posted at the same time. Should’ve quoted T-Boone. Doesn’t look like a drop at all, was wondering if he was joking.
                                              Yes I agree with you. Looks like a clean catch.

Comment

Sorry, we posted at the same time. Should’ve quoted T-Boone. Doesn’t look like a drop at all, was wondering if he was joking.
                                                Don't mind me. I just thought there was a bobble at the end. It doesn't matter - great grab anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hell of a catch from WR Kendall Abdur-Rahman (<a href="https://twitter.com/kendall4heisman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kendall4heis man</a>) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> <a href="https://t.co/INAwKKYqzR">pic.twitter.com/INAwKKYqzR</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1235604241030541313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                  Very nice catch. You do that in practice so you can do it in a game. How many might have given up due to the location of the ball?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Kelly also states they have moved Kendall Abdur-Rahman to running back.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1300829695618035713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I really liked this kid coming out of high school. I thought he was so electric with the ball in his hands. I know he moved from slot to RB during the offseason, but has anyone heard anything about him from practice reports?

Comment

I really liked this kid coming out of high school. I thought he was so electric with the ball in his hands. I know he moved from slot to RB during the offseason, but has anyone heard anything about him from practice reports?

Nope. I'm still hoping he moves back... I just can't see a path at RB anytime soon for him. And while I love AD, I'm just not sold on him.

Comment

• I love AD the teammate but he looks like a RB playing slot. I’d like to see a natural spot WR out there. No idea what Keys did or didn’t do but he was good enough to be involved last year on the road at UGA but can’t get on the field against these terrible defenses. Bizarre.

Comment

I love AD the teammate but he looks like a RB playing slot. I&rsquo;d like to see a natural spot WR out there. No idea what Keys did or didn&rsquo;t do but he was good enough to be involved last year on the road at UGA but can&rsquo;t get on the field against these terrible defenses. Bizarre.

The previous 2 weeks or so Keys was out and limited due to concussion protocol. Saying that he should have been full go this week vs Ga Tech.

I&rsquo;m actually very satisfied with Davis&rsquo;s play in the slot. But I hear yeah that Keys should be splitting more time with him.

Comment

The previous 2 weeks or so Keys was out and limited due to concussion protocol. Saying that he should have been full go this week vs Ga Tech.

I&rsquo;m actually very satisfied with Davis&rsquo;s play in the slot. But I hear yeah that Keys should be splitting more time with him.

I agree on Davis. He’s fine. If Keys didn’t get touches today, then the thought was that he would be in no condition to play vs Clemson when it comes to effectiveness. When they didn’t have him fielding punts, I knew he’d be a non-factor next week.

Comment

• Per ISD he is entering the transfer portal.

Comment

• Buried on depth chart was going to be tough to crack the lineup
                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                    Buried on depth chart was going to be tough to crack the lineup
                                                                    This one is for the best I think for both parties as it free’s up another scholarship when ND is recruiting at a high level as well as giving KAR the playing time that he’s just not going to get at ND.

This is the right time for him to move on as he will still have 4 years to play to his RS freshman season and his Covid-RS.

Best of luck to KAR.

Comment

• If he does bounce out he will be get the Rashad Kinlaw "Intriguing positionless athlete who never made it" Trophy, Class of 2019.

"Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                                      --Samuel L

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                      Working...
                                                                      X