Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 VA DB Salim Turner-Muhammad (Stanford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 VA DB Salim Turner-Muhammad (Stanford Verbal)

Cornerback
    Alexandria, VA (Episcopal)

https://twitter.com/turnersalim

Measurements

Height: 6'
    Weight: 170

Rankings

Rivals: 5.8 Rating #9 VA, #34 CB
    247: 89 Rating #9 VA, #27 CB, #363 Overall
    ESPN: NR

247 Composite: 89.50 Rating #9 VA, #29 CB, #341 Overall

Offers
    Duke
    Georgia
    Michigan
    North Carolina
    Notre Dame
    Rutgers
    Virginia
    Wake Forest
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin

Highlights:
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/8219309/5a3a7ed102b1f405b8baec2d' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 05-20-2018, 07:17 PM.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    CB's rolling in for Salim Turner-Muhammad, from Loy and Wiltfong. I'm going to roll with that. He's taking multiple visits but I'll say he's next to pop, shortly after these visits.
    <iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Salim-Turner-Muhammad-at-Episcopal-192526/CurrentExpertPredictions/Embed?SnapShot=636555859434622044"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mar 3 - ND
    Mar 5 - Wisc
    Mar 7 - UMich
    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Hang on, Salim is Litch's teammate?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
        Hang on, Salim is Litch's teammate?
        Yep:
        https://www.episcopalhighschool.org/...el=2017+-+2018

Would hate to try throwing against that D.

Comment

Per Loy, staff is pretty high on him. Sounds like he’s a take at the moment.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...Dame-115746673

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...days-115823243

Alexandria (Va.) Episcopal four-star cornerback Salim Turner-Muhammad was at Notre Dame for Saturday’s Junior Day and he’ll return for a second trip very soon.

Salim Turner-Muhammad
            (Photo: Michael Clark, 247Sports)
            The 6-0, 170-pounder from the class of 2019 told 247Sports and Irish Illustrated Saturday night that he’ll be back in South Bend in a few days.

“I will visit Wisconsin on Monday before returning back to Notre Dame on Tuesday since my parents were unable to make the visit today,” said Turner-Muhammad. “They definitely need to be there. I will visit the University of Michigan on Wednesday.”

Two trips within one week? That’ll work for the Fighting Irish coaching staff.

Turner-Muhammad couldn’t have had a better time checking out Notre Dame on Saturday.

“I saw a beautiful campus filled with buildings built to sustain the campus' tradition,” said Turner-Muhammad. “New state of the art football facilities and an incredible football stadium that holds 80,000-plus.”

A class of 2019 standout, Turner-Muhammad was offered back on Jan. 25. On Saturday, he looked back at the moment he received the good news from the Irish.

“Coach Lea offered me and it was incredible,” said Turner-Muhammad. “He told me why I was receiving the offer and he told me that I deserved it.”

While in town on Saturday, Turner-Muhammad spent a lot of time with head coach Brian Kelly.

“Coach Kelly told me how impressed he was with the combination of my film and my GPA and said that I was a perfect fit for Notre Dame,” said Turner-Muhammad. “I asked Coach Kelly many questions that I felt were essential for me in understanding, as they are all factors of my decision. He was impressed with the level of these questions as well. It was a great conversation for my family and myself to have.”

No surprise here, but as a priority target for Notre Dame, Turner-Muhammad got a chance to meet with both defensive backs coaches. As always, they enjoyed that time together.

“Cornerbacks coach Todd Lyght and safeties coach Terry Joseph have been in touch with me since I received my offer from Notre Dame, so I feel comfortable having conversations with them about anything,” said Turner-Muhammad. “We have a special relationship that extends past just a sell of their program, but beyond that and even beyond my playing career at Notre Dame.”

Turner-Muhammad holds offers from Notre Dame, Duke, Georgia, Michigan, Harvard, North Carolina and many others. Saturday’s visit to South Bend gave him a lot to think about.

“I enjoyed the entire visit, but my personal conversations between each coach definitely stands out to me most and is more important than anything else,” said Turner-Muhammad.

Regarding a commitment, his current plan is to announce in June. He will take his time, take a few more visits, and come to a well-informed decision.

Per the 247Sports Composite Rankings, Turner-Muhammad is the No. 29 cornerback nationally and No. 9 prospect in Virginia from the class of 2019.

Comment

Omg him and Litchfield in the same secondary with D Allen and Houston griffith. That's lights out, Interception city.

Comment

He is coming back Tuesday with his parents is this a done deal?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                  He is coming back Tuesday with his parents is this a done deal?
                  He's going back to Virginia and then right back to ND?
                  Last edited by fightingirish26; 03-04-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

He's stopping in on his way to visit other schools. Far from a "done deal"

Comment

visiting Wisconsin Monday, Notre Dame Tuesday and Michigan Wednesday with his parent on these trips. Decision is in June. Long way to go,

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                        visiting Wisconsin Monday, Notre Dame Tuesday and Michigan Wednesday with his parent on these trips. Decision is in June. Long way to go,
                        So he's visiting Notre Dame twice in 4 days?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                          So he's visiting Notre Dame twice in 4 days?
                          Not sure what people are having trouble following. He visited ND on his own. He is following that up with a visit through the Midwest with his parents to Wisconsin, ND and Michigan. This isn’t two trips to ND in four days. It’s one trip to ND on his own and a follow up to a couple schools with his parents.

I will visit Wisconsin on Monday before returning back to Notre Dame on Tuesday since my parents were unable to make the visit today,” said Turner-Muhammad. “They definitely need to be there. I will visit the University of Michigan on Wednesday.
                          Last edited by dad4aa; 03-05-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Not sure what people are having trouble following. He visited ND on his own. He is following that up with a visit through the Midwest with his parents to Wisconsin, ND and Michigan. This isn’t two trips to ND in four days. It’s one trip to ND on his own and a follow up to a couple schools with his parents.
                            Wouldn't that be precisely two trips to ND in 4 days? He went to ND, without his parents, on Saturday. He's going to head to Wiscy on Monday, then back to ND on Tuesday (with parents), and then UM on Wednesday. So ND gets two visits, other schools get 1.
                            Last edited by Luckylucci; 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't that be precisely two trips to ND in 4 days? He went to ND, without his parents, on Saturday. He's going to head to Wiscy on Monday, then back to ND on Tuesday (with parents), and then UM on Wednesday. So ND gets two visits, other schools get 1.
                              Then he’s gonna fly back to visit Michigan and Wisconsin on his own early next week. Because he really likes riding in airplanes.

Comment

Watched his film a few times now. Not really seeing it. WRs get separation on him and often it is a poorly thrown ball that gets him out of trouble. Very few highlights of actual tackling anyone.

Maybe his film is not as great as he actually is. It happens

Comment

Kid seems extremely well spoken. Wish him luck wherever he ends up.. Good head on his shoulders.

Comment

If you read the quotes above, posters were acting like this is a great thing that he’s coming right back to Notre Dame because we made such a good impression. I do not believe he would be coming back in four days if he wasn’t already planning the trip to Wisconsin and Michigan as well.

Comment

If you read the quotes above, posters were acting like this is a great thing that he’s coming right back to Notre Dame because we made such a good impression. I do not believe he would be coming back in four days if he wasn’t already planning the trip to Wisconsin and Michigan as well.
                                      Huh? We're the only school that he's visiting twice. He didn't visit UM and UW when he visited us on Saturday. Not sure how you could look at this anything other than we were made a larger priority than the other two schools. Again, 2 visits versus one. Pretty simple really.

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa
                                        Amazing that you cannot read what is being written.
                                        I guess I'm missing what you have such a hard time with. Did he visit any other school on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Is he then coming back to ND, so his parents can see the school?

So he changed plans to give ND 2 visits, and UM/UW, 1? I think that shows a distinct difference in interest. He said, "my parents have to see this."

Whether or not he'd be coming back on Tuesday if he wasn't visiting the other schools is irrelevant. We are getting more attention than the other parties involved, clearly.

Comment

Maybe i sam not reading it right. But the only school he mentions his parents visiting is Notre Dame correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by daytonirish View Post
                                            Maybe i sam not reading it right. But the only school he mentions his parents visiting is Notre Dame correct ?
                                            My understanding is he made a special trip for Notre Dame’s Junior Day. His parents could not make it on that visit. They will be with him when he visits all three schools.

Comment

So he’s visiting again. That’s cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                                So he’s visiting again. That’s cool.
                                                Yeah but he’s visiting other schools so it doesn’t count.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                  Yeah but he’s visiting other schools so it doesn’t count.
                                                  Sounds like a parallel universe thing. Does he have an MSU offer?

Comment

I think he commits tomorrow

Comment

Pretty obvious that wasn’t needed, and dad4aa realizes as much.

Bottom line, ND is in a very good spot right now. A lot of attention between both parties.

Comment

After all that, was someone actually righter?

Comment

How did his second visit go?

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                            Technically this may be his second visit, but it's really his first on this trip so your question is invalid.

Comment

No Boom?

Boo

Visit 2.0 (or was it 1.1?) must have been a failure. No raves from Mom yet? It's been like 20 hours or something.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                Technically this may be his second visit, but it's really his first on this trip so your question is invalid.
                                                                First trip, second trip, third trip. But his parents are there so it's his first-second trip back to ND. First for his parents though.
                                                                "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Freebie from 247:

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...Dame-115983738

“Salim is from New York City – very high academic kid,” Voulgaris said. “He’s a kid that is, as a junior, taking advanced macroeconomics, advanced physics, advanced calculus. He’s a brilliant kid. He cares a lot about his academics. Like, he has offers from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. That’s the level of student-athlete that he is.

“I definitely think (Turner-Muhammad) is a corner. We played him both at the field and the boundary, but primarily at the boundary because that’s where we’re going to see the most throws at the high school level. He’s got the length and the ability to tackle in the open field as well.”

Along with his defensive prowess, Turner-Muhammad also chips in on offense at multiple positions, including quarterback where he played full-time until his sophomore year.

“It’s combining his high-powered intelligence off-the-field with playmaking ability on the field,” Voulgaris said.

Episcopal carries many of the same values and traditions that you find at Notre Dame. For that reason, Ajavon and Turner-Muhammad could find a seamless transition in South Bend if they chose the Irish.

“We’re looking for well-rounded individuals like Litchfield and Salim,” Voulgaris said. “Those are the types of kids that come through our football program here. We’ve had some really, really talented ones that Notre Dame has recruited in the past. Hopefully, we get a guy to Notre Dame and one of these guys would be a great fit.”

Comment

Originally posted by daytonirish View Post
                                                                    The parents were on all three trips as his tweets about Michigan and Wisconsin said "my family and I had an amazing time..."

Comment

Yes, the only solo trip he took was to ND.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Student-Athlete ✅ <a href="https://t.co/tVEZiISHX8">pic.twitter.com/tVEZiISHX8</a></p>&mdash; SalimTurner-Muhammad (@TurnerSalim) <a href="https://twitter.com/TurnerSalim/status/983100925144436736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Salim come on down.

Comment

It'd be great to lock up the teammates early. Sounds like Litchfield is nearing a decision with a Thursday visit to ND. Maybe that'll put some pressure on Salim to make the jump.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              It'd be great to lock up the teammates early. Sounds like Litchfield is nearing a decision with a Thursday visit to ND. Maybe that'll put some pressure on Salim to make the jump.
                                                                              Are they done at DB with Wallace, STM & Ajavon?

* Do they even need 2 CB's this cycle?
                                                                              Last edited by BobbyMac; 04-09-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                Are they done at DB with Wallace, STM & Ajavon?

* Do they even need 2 CB's this cycle?
                                                                                If I had to guess, the staff would take Wallace, STM, Ajavon, and Hamilton and close up shop with DB recruiting, outside of maybe a couple/few prospects. I think the number is 4, 2 CB's and 2 S's

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I think 4 is the take as well. ND has 18 scholly DB's right now, I would bet that by game 1 there will not be 18 guys playing CB or S at ND. I just don't think that's possible and some guys will look for greener pastures. I'd say Donte Vaughn could be a candidate, Nick Watkins might Graduate Transfer, Devin Studstill, Jalen Elliott if he's pissed if he loses his job. No inside info, but someone is gonna be left out and probably not stay at ND. 4 DB's taken would bring ND to 19 scholarship guys for 2019.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Hopefully he comes with Ajavon on Thursday.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      In related news to Litchfield Ajavon, Salim Turner Muhammad went from an 89 to a 91 on 247. Now a 4* on two sites like LA. Getting those teammates to South Bend would be fantastic. KJ Wallace, LA, and Salim would be a start of something really special in that DB class.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Received an ND CB from one of the OSU analysts.

All 5 of his CB's are for the Irish.

How long can he hold out when ND is heating up? Only one spot left for a player at his tier.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Stanford offered today and whole bunch of Stanford CBs have been coming in, including ones from Wiltfong and Loy. Shaw can go get bent.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Really hate Stanford's ability to mess with our DB recruiting.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Setting up to be a good ole fashioned Stanford/ND battle for a kid. Should be fun to watch. Kid was just on a visit there so hopefully Litchfield gets in his ear about ND and Lea/Lyght/Joseph can get after him during eval period.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I hate Stanford. How many times can they just swoop in like this Adebo, Booker now him. Wth

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                                                  Really hate Stanford's ability to mess with our DB recruiting.
                                                                                                  I hate how they mess with all of our recruits.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    When it comes to corner, I will just be happy if we retain KJ Wallace. I am worried Kenyatta got in his ear.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X