Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 NC ATH Donovan Greene (Wake Forest Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 NC ATH Donovan Greene (Wake Forest Verbal)

Wide Receiver / Cornerback / Safety
    Mount Airy, NC
    Mount Airy HS

Measurements:
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 185

Rankings:
    247 Comp: ..... 4* ..... #38 WR ..... #241 OA ..... .9100 rating
    247: ............... 4* ..... #15 WR ..... #89 OA ....... 94
    Rivals: ............ 3* ..... #54 WR .......................... 5.7
    ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #59 WR .......................... 80

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Duke ...................... Decommitted 5-22-18
    GT
    UNC
    NC St
    SCar
    Tenn
    Wake ..................... Committed 6-24-18
    App St
    ECU

Media Links:

Donavon Greene - Hudl

https://twitter.com/donny22864222

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/8758470/59ee31574df5ef27c876afa8' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-24-2018, 11:33 PM.

One of my favorite 2Way players in 2019.

Great stat line: 46 rec - 1150 yds - 16 TD - 7 Int - 2 P6 - 1 KRTD

Visited for SC game.

ISD Freebie story: - https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/4258/...tre-dame-visit

*Photo courtesy of Irish Sports Daily, freebie via Google search.
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-01-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

The junior already has offers from Duke, Wake Forest and East Carolina.

ďItís good to have them, but it doesnít really change anything for me,Ē he said.

He has one other trip on the radar right now.

ďI think Iím going to NC State soon, like in a couple weeks maybe,Ē he said.

This almost sounds like he already knows where he wants to go. NCS?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
        The junior already has offers from Duke, Wake Forest and East Carolina.

“It’s good to have them, but it doesn’t really change anything for me,” he said.

He has one other trip on the radar right now.

“I think I’m going to NC State soon, like in a couple weeks maybe,” he said.

This almost sounds like he already knows where he wants to go. NCS?
        Is he saying having offers from Duke, WF and ECU doesn't really change anything for him OR is he lumping ND's offer in that statement as well?

Your bolded statement makes me think he is lumping ND in there.
        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Wow just saw this. Hometown boy. Exciting. No inside info though.
          Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
            Wow just saw this. Hometown boy. Exciting. No inside info though.
            Bad news. He committed to Duke a few months ago.

Good news. He's ripe for a decommit or flip, if not him... Eli Pancol of IN.

Duke had a lot of early commits that were above their pay grade.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              Bad news. He committed to Duke a few months ago.

Good news. He's ripe for a decommit or flip, if not him... Eli Pancol of IN.

Duke had a lot of early commits that were above their pay grade.
              yup they lost a RB the other day.
              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Yea saw he had committed. I think that came after his ND visit so I don't know if we are a serious option? The kid can play, had a great team last year though it is in the smallest school division. The QB could play, just small. His father was the coach who just retired. Great coach.

The Greene family has had a lot of great athletes over the years. Hope it works out. I'll have to take my ND flag to games, start waving it around.
                Last edited by tadman95; 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four-star WR Donavon Greene is no longer committed to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Duke?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Duke</a>, he tells me: <a href="https://t.co/LNxF8AFmQq">https://t.co/LNxF8AFmQq</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Donny22864222?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Donny22864222</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderLogan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HolderLogan</a></p>&mdash; Don Callahan (@DonCallahanIC) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonCallahanIC/status/999046739087757314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                  Wow. We visit Greene today and by the end of the day he decommits. Hopefully thereís some smoke to this!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four-star WR Donavon Greene is no longer committed to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Duke?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Duke</a>, he tells me: <a href="https://t.co/LNxF8AFmQq">https://t.co/LNxF8AFmQq</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Donny22864222?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Donny22864222</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HolderLogan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HolderLogan</a></p>&mdash; Don Callahan (@DonCallahanIC) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonCallahanIC/status/999046739087757314?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                    Wow. We visit Greene today and by the end of the day he decommits. Hopefully thereís some smoke to this!!
                    I hope so. We need a WR

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                      I hope so. We need a WR
                      Yea, tons of nibbles (Demariyon Houston, Dylan Wright, Zion Puckett, TJ Sheffield, Donovan Greene, John Metchie, Cornelius Johnson) and no bites, yet...

Comment

Duke loses two big skill guys in two days. Ouch.
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

That's great. Getting the flag ready!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the background of his twitter page is from his ND visit last year.

https://twitter.com/Donny22864222

Comment

Not sure why ND would want a NR player with pitiful offers???

If we can't get a better WR, corner or safety it's time to pack up shop and play in the Ivies.

Comment

Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post

If we can't get a better WR, corner or safety it's time to pack up shop and play in the Ivies.
                                247 has him ranked #89 overall. So now I'm sure that you want him.

Comment

Originally posted by loomis41973 View Post

OP is in serious need of update as far as rankings. Ill agree his offer list doesnt quite match up with 247's current ranking, but I think this kids a player
                                  Prehistoric

Comment

Film break down -

Painfully slow off the line but good athlete. I'd be OK if we got him.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                      Film break down -

So now you don't care about ratings? 247 has him as the #89 player overall, do you trust your film evaluation more?

I watched his film and I don't know how you can call him slow when he took so many tunnel screens to the house. Unless his competition is garbage, he made a number of plays where the chance of success was slim.

I don't see a 5 star in him yet but I certainly think he looks like a solid prospect with a really high ceiling. He has good hands and can pluck the ball out of the air & good WR frame.

We can disagree but I really hope he joins this class. He'd be a high quality add to the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                        247 has him ranked #89 overall. So now I'm sure that you want him.
                                        :) thanks for this

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                                          So now you don't care about ratings? 247 has him as the #89 player overall, do you trust your film evaluation more?

I watched his film and I don't know how you can call him slow when he took so many tunnel screens to the house. Unless his competition is garbage, he made a number of plays where the chance of success was slim.

I don't see a 5 star in him yet but I certainly think he looks like a solid prospect with a really high ceiling. He has good hands and can pluck the ball out of the air & good WR frame.

We can disagree but I really hope he joins this class. He'd be a high quality add to the roster.
                                          I care about both.

No.

I didn't call him slow. I call him slow off of the line (not the same), and overall a good looking athlete.

Agree.

Also agree (and I said that). What are we discussing?

Comment

I care about both.

No.

I didn't call him slow. I call him slow off of the line (not the same), and overall a good looking athlete.

Agree.

Also agree (and I said that). What are we discussing?
                                            You said:

Film break down -

I really want him to join this class and you'd be OK if he joins? I prefer him to some other options and think he's in the top 10 for the position. It sounds more like you wouldn't be angry at the coaches for accepting his pledge, ha ha.

Either I'm misreading you or your delineations between words/sentiments are...opaque.

Comment

You said:

I really want him to join this class and you'd be OK if he joins? I prefer him to some other options and think he's in the top 10 for the position. It sounds more like you wouldn't be angry at the coaches for accepting his pledge, ha ha.

Either I'm misreading you or your delineations between words/sentiments are...opaque.
                                              I'm naturally a hater in ND recruiting. I don't get excited just because we get a commit, I get excited if I think he can play championship football.

My "OK" is like someone else's dancing dinosaur. It means the kid can play, and wouldn't be surprised if he has 6 pack abs.

Comment

I think Koon is confusing slow off the line with long strides. He is a taller guy, with long legs. He is that sneaky fast guy (see Josh Adams) that looks like he is coasting, but no one is catching up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                  I think Koon is confusing slow off the line with long strides. He is a taller guy, with long legs. He is that sneaky fast guy (see Josh Adams) that looks like he is coasting, but no one is catching up to him.
                                                  I'm not. He does not have a quick first step. It's something that he'll have to work on.

Once he gets going, I agree he's deceptively fast. I have no problems with him as an athlete, just that first step. And that's fixable.

Comment

I've liked this kid from the beginning because he's been a producer since his Freshman year on both sides of the ball. He has a number of Int's that are perfectly played, not just the badly thrown picks that fill most highlight films. He had 7 Int's last year and 2 P6's, has 12 Int's / 3 P6's in his career.

He's not a burner but you have to like the routes he runs. Nice to see some variation from a 6-2 WR other than the 20 Go route TD's in a typical film.

This kid's a player in the Wilkins / Bracy category. Can find a way to the field in a number of ways. Being the #89 OA player only helps the class ranking.

Comment

I'm not. He does not have a quick first step. It's something that he'll have to work on.

Once he gets going, I agree he's deceptively fast. I have no problems with him as an athlete, just that first step. And that's fixable.
                                                      Dude, he sets guys up. He changes his speed off the ball, and watch him on that one crossing route... He's across the field in a hurry.

Comment

... and his slowness off the line is not worth discussing. He obviously isn't being trained to explode off the line and the opposing team isn't pressing him so he can set them up how he chooses.

Love all the screens and routes over the middle for a "star" WR at 6-2+. If his speed is limited, he'll have to have that in his resume to be successful.

On offense, he's a Kevin Austin type only playing at 3/4 of KA's speed.

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                          Dude, he sets guys up. He changes his speed off the ball, and watch him on that one crossing route... He's across the field in a hurry.
                                                          I'm literally just talking about his first 2 steps after "hike". That's not setting anyone up at that point, he's just slow off of the line. It's fixable, so I'm not worried about it.

I want him on this team.

Comment

That first step on the Blocked punt was pretty impressive.

As a WR, he does a stutter step on almost every play that they ran. Probably just a habit and easily correctable.

Comment

I'm literally just talking about his first 2 steps after "hike". That's not setting anyone up at that point, he's just slow off of the line. It's fixable, so I'm not worried about it.

I want him on this team.
                                                              You're 100% correct and anyone disagreeing simply isn't understanding what you've been talking about. It's all technique and practice. Plenty of other young receivers do the same thing. He's just very athletic on top so its far more noticeable.

Comment

I'm not. He does not have a quick first step. It's something that he'll have to work on. just that first step. And that's fixable.
                                                                Usain Bolt has been slow out of the gate his entire career. Give him a call and tell him how to fix that. He might run an 8.8 100 meter with your help. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  Usain Bolt has been slow out of the gate his entire career. Give him a call and tell him how to fix that. He might run an 8.8 100 meter with your help. lol
                                                                  Not sure that's the example I would use. Running 100 meters with substantially more time to get to top end speed, or needing to create separation after 5-10 yards (maybe immediately), are different athletic traits.

Comment

This is a very confusing discussion. Greene is a WR, not a SDE.

The first step can be negated very quickly with the CB playing two yds off the line of scrimmage.

Greene creates separation downfield. All WR's create separation downfield. How many times do you think you can blow by a P5 CB at the LOS? Maybe once at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post

The first step can be negated very quickly with the CB playing two yds off the line of scrimmage.

Greene creates separation downfield. All WR's create separation downfield. How many times do you think you can blow by a P5 CB at the LOS? Maybe once at the start of the season.
                                                                      This is like week 10
                                                                      https://twitter.com/deshonekizer/sta...ed-loi-34.html
                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by snoopdog View Post

The whole point in my mind is that he has some technique clean-up that needs to be done. It's has little (nothing) to do with generating separation at the LOS. It's about being sound fundamentally to make it harder to cover a WR. What Greene currently does, which is rock step coming out of his stance, can / will get him locked up by press coverage at the next level or give away his route by being inconsistent with the first few steps off the line. A good P5 CB will know these tendencies, helping eliminate parts of the route tree that the CB might need to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                          That seemed like 15 yards past the line of scrimmage, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                            Not sure that's the example I would use. Running 100 meters with substantially more time to get to top end speed, or needing to create separation after 5-10 yards (maybe immediately), are different athletic traits.
                                                                            You're missing the humor Lucky.

Addressing the difference, I won't argue they may be different, but I'm not sure they are different traits. A sprinter may have more time to get to top speed, but sprinters want to get to top speed asap to create separation. It's not uncommon the hear a sprinter say they could have gotten out of the gate quicker. I agree there can be some improvement getting off the line via improvement in technique and conditioning, but there is a limitation due to the person's physical composition.

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                              Kind of my point. How many times did Fuller surprise Jackson that day. Once. and that had more to do with Jackson being way too cocky and it was as VPD wrote 15-20 yds down field.
                                                                              Last edited by snoopdog; 05-23-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                That seemed like 15 yards past the line of scrimmage, no?
                                                                                he has to eat the cushion up too tho. its not liek CB was 2 yards off him either.
                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Any word on this guy recently? I thought we had a great shot after the decommit. Also anything on Zhonovan Knight?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Any word on this guy recently? I thought we had a great shot after the decommit. Also anything on Zhonovan Knight?
                                                                                    I'm very curious about the Greene situation as well. Guy is almost a ghost on twitter and not much has come out about him doing visits and things like that. Zonovan Knight seems to be going between NC State, UNC, and Duke (less likely to recommit) so I don't think he goes out of state let alone to ND.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      https://twitter.com/Donny22864222/st...848752640?s=19

Comment

• #46
                                                                                        What happened?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                          What happened?
                                                                                          Looks like he committed to Wake Forest...

Comment

• #48
                                                                                            Kid wants an education, that's what happened

Comment

• #49
                                                                                              Wake now has two of my original Top 10 Fit List WR's in Greene and Nolan Groulx... and ND has no WR commitments.

Funny but not a bit worried.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                                Wake now has two of my original Top 10 Fit List WR's in Greene and Nolan Groulx... and ND has no WR commitments.

Funny but not a bit worried.
                                                                                                No worries, Dave Clawson will flip them in January

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X