Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 IN RB Sampson James (Indiana Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
    With Kyren Williams being told he's the only RB, I doubt we get involved here, right?

Is this the case? Maybe I missed this about Kyren. I always thought we were in the hunt for 2 RBs. But there I go thinking again.
    " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
      Is this the case? Maybe I missed this about Kyren. I always thought we were in the hunt for 2 RBs. But there I go thinking again.
      Unless something changes, Kyren will be the only running back in this class. Which, if you haven't noticed, is why we probably haven't seen any running backs visit or new running back offers go out.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
        Unless something changes, Kyren will be the only running back in this class. Which, if you haven't noticed, is why we probably haven't seen any running backs visit or new running back offers go out.
        We certainly appear to have shut RB recruiting down the last few months. I'd guess the emergence of Jafar Armstrong as a quality option has something to do with that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
          We certainly appear to have shut RB recruiting down the last few months. I'd guess the emergence of Jafar Armstrong as a quality option has something to do with that as well.
          And unless someone transfers, they’ll have 6 scholarship running backs in 2019. 7, to me, is too many. Tony Jones, Jafar Armstrong, and Jahmir Smith will be good. I like what I have seen from Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
            I know no other offers have gone out, but I thought we had a couple,few prior offers that we were considering, ex Kind Doerue.

But yeah, 6 is a good number.
            " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

Any shot we kick the tires here given our RB situation?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                Any shot we kick the tires here given our RB situation?
                Kick what tires? What I miss?
                I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                  He entered the portal.

Comment

I say yes if he can get in.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                      I say yes if he can get in.
                      I could be wrong but did he have admission issues coming out of HS? Would a year of college change any of that? Not sure how ND works when it comes to that.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                        I could be wrong but did he have admission issues coming out of HS? Would a year of college change any of that? Not sure how ND works when it comes to that.
                        Great question. Obviously he’s not a grad transfer so who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Irishize View Post
                          Great question. Obviously he’s not a grad transfer so who knows?
                          Kelly made comments recently (Yahoo Sports) that he thought the new transfer rules would help ND. Obviously kids will still have to meet ND requirements I'm sure, but I'd love to understand all the Ts and Cs in the new environment as to how it relates to ND.
                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                            Kelly made comments recently (Yahoo Sports) that he thought the new transfer rules would help ND. Obviously kids will still have to meet ND requirements I'm sure, but I'd love to understand all the Ts and Cs in the new environment as to how it relates to ND.
                            Yeah I don't see that being the case unless the admissions department is softening up on admission requirements for transfers.

When I transferred in 12 years ago, they were very particular about what classes you took and making sure that you basically had comparable courses to what you would have taken as a freshman at ND with the same major. For example, I was admitted on the condition that I took my Electricity and Magnetism physics class over the summer before class started.

I HIGHLY doubt that other schools are going to prepare a freshman football player for the academics at ND with comparable courses.

That said, Ben Hansbrough was in my transfer class and he came from Miss St. So I guess it's possible even with relaxed standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                              Yeah I don't see that being the case unless the admissions department is softening up on admission requirements for transfers.

When I transferred in 12 years ago, they were very particular about what classes you took and making sure that you basically had comparable courses to what you would have taken as a freshman at ND with the same major. For example, I was admitted on the condition that I took my Electricity and Magnetism physics class over the summer before class started.

I HIGHLY doubt that other schools are going to prepare a freshman football player for the academics at ND with comparable courses.

That said, Ben Hansbrough was in my transfer class and he came from Miss St. So I guess it's possible even with relaxed standards.
                              That explains your magnetic personality.

Comment

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

My interpretation of what Kelly was saying was not necessarily the benefit being more kids coming in to the program (though that could happen) but of kids that commit to Notre Dame initially seeing the opportunity presented by the ND degree as a hook to graduate from ND.

More kids staying put = more cohesion and continuity = more better for ND.

Comment

Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                                    He entered the portal.
                                    Since I think this only half-answered your question: it's close to confirmed at this point that one of our running backs is injured. That's why we're also recruiting the Stanford grad transfer RB.

If it is just an injury, I think Speights might make more sense. We have no guarantee that James would be able to get immediate eligibility while Speights can play immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                                      My interpretation of what Kelly was saying was not necessarily the benefit being more kids coming in to the program (though that could happen) but of kids that commit to Notre Dame initially seeing the opportunity presented by the ND degree as a hook to graduate from ND.

More kids staying put = more cohesion and continuity = more better for ND.
                                      I think Kelly knows its going to happen whether he likes it or not so hes probably just putting a positive spin on it as opposed to being that one guy in the room that is on record not liking it.

Comment

reportedly withdrawn his name from transfer portal
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X