Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 IN RB Sampson James (Indiana Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 IN RB Sampson James (Indiana Verbal)

Running Back
    Avon, IN
    Avon HS

Measurements:
    Height: 6-1
    Weight: 210

Rankings:
    247 Comp: ..... 4* ..... #18 RB ..... #230 OA ..... .9177 rating
    247: ............... 3* ..... #22 RB ..... #311 OA ...... 89
    Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #7 RB ....... #137 OA ...... 5.8
    ESPN: ............. NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Cincy
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Michigan
    MSU
    Minnesota
    OSU
    Purdue

Media Links:

Twitter = @Sjames_2

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6027573/5a1e4418041e4812b873b919' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> offers 2019 RB Sampson James. <a href="https://t.co/qFsmE35Ubv">https://t.co/qFsmE35Ubv</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Sinclair (@KevinSinclair_) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinSinclair_/status/957425463424516096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Truly blessed to receive an offer from The University of Notre Dame today thanks to <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachBrianKe lly</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/autrydenson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@autrydenson</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NDFootball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a>☘️���� <a href="https://t.co/VMszhxKsVW">pic.twitter.com/VMszhxKsVW</a></p>&mdash; Sampson (@Sjames_2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sjames_2/status/957425196260057088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Whoa...Pretty damn good speed. I like!

Comment

Good Freebie from 247:

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...-Day-114316992

Comment

Hits the hole much harder than Markese Stepp and I like Sampson a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
            Hits the hole much harder than Markese Stepp and I like Sampson a lot more.
            Definitely agree. Kid has a great burst. Really hope we land him.

Comment

Wow.

So Sampson James comes from a football family. lol

His four older brothers all went on to DI football.

His brother Matthew James is a 6-3/300 Freshman DT at Indiana St.

His brother Armonze Daniel was 4 year, 6-4/245 OLB/DE at Marshall

Now it gets freaky...

His brother Elijah Daniel is that Elijah Daniel. The 5*, DE/DT (6-2/280) who went to Auburn for 2 seasons, got booted, went to Murray St for a year then declared for the draft, went undrafted and disappeared.

His brother Montez Robinson is that Montez Robinson. The 4*, 6-5/240 DE that got in all kinds of trouble his freshman year in Athens and disappeared.

How's that even possible?

Comment

Are we sure his first name is not James and his last name is not Sampson?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  Wow.

So Sampson James comes from a football family. lol

His four older brothers all went on to DI football.

His brother Matthew James is a 6-3/300 Freshman DT at Indiana St.

His brother Armonze Daniel was 4 year, 6-4/245 OLB/DE at Marshall

Now it gets freaky...

His brother Elijah Daniel is that Elijah Daniel. The 5*, DE/DT (6-2/280) who went to Auburn for 2 seasons, got booted, went to Murray St for a year then declared for the draft, went undrafted and disappeared.

His brother Montez Robinson is that Montez Robinson. The 4*, 6-5/240 DE that got in all kinds of trouble his freshman year in Athens and disappeared.

How's that even possible?
                  James
                  James
                  Daniel
                  Daniel
                  Robinson

Nice assortment.
                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

The predictors aren't great for him to end up Irish but maybe ND would be just what he needs (and what we need).

Comment

Wiltfong was on Bucknuts Morning 5 yesterday and said pOSU is making him a priority and they view him as defnitely in the top 3 RB's they've offered and every bit the equal of the other two (Trey Sanders and Noah Cain).

pOSU visited him every week during the month of January.

Wiltfong thinks pOSU leads and thinks it will likely come down to pOSU, Michigan and Notre Dame.

Side note:
                      Wiltfong talked about the freak athletes the entire family has. His younger brother Nathaniel is in the 20' class. He's 6'0" 250 pounds plays DE/DT and is ultra quick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Avon (Ind.) High 2020 DL Nathaniel James ran 4.7 at Best of the Midwest Combine. Also strongest player in his high school program. 650 squat, bench 360, clean 315. <a href="https://t.co/YqL3BdPFcB">https://t.co/YqL3BdPFcB</a> <a href="https://t.co/rgIDzyZZO7">pic.twitter.com/rgIDzyZZO7</a></p>&mdash; Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247/status/965608254872178688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>

Comment

.9831 4* Jaelen Gill
                        .9791 4* JK Dobbins
                        .9767 4* Demario McCall
                        .9607 4* Brian Snead
                        .9286 4* Antonio Williams
                        .9132 4* Master Teague

and for 2019

.9962 5* Trey Sanders
                        .9827 4* Noah Cain
                        .9664 5* Devyn Ford
                        .9430 4* Sampson James

Since Tony Alford has arrived at Ohio State, this is who he has reeled into the Running back room. And the list lower is his top targets for the 2019 class. I mean come on. That's cheating! Absolute ridiculousness their recruiting at that position right now.

Comment

James looks like an absolute monster, would love to get his commitment but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Yes, it's unfortunate that their offense is crap.....sure, they have best teams they should, but I don't view them as being to hang with Clemson or Bama.....or UGA, and if Hairball gets his head out of his ass, Urbie is gonna start losing to Meatchicken

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                              .9831 4* Jaelen Gill
                              .9791 4* JK Dobbins
                              .9767 4* Demario McCall
                              .9607 4* Brian Snead
                              .9286 4* Antonio Williams
                              .9132 4* Master Teague

and for 2019

.9962 5* Trey Sanders
                              .9827 4* Noah Cain
                              .9664 5* Devyn Ford
                              .9430 4* Sampson James

Since Tony Alford has arrived at Ohio State, this is who he has reeled into the Running back room. And the list lower is his top targets for the 2019 class. I mean come on. That's cheating! Absolute ridiculousness their recruiting at that position right now.
                              Autry Denson is my favorite ND player of all time, but he’s so far left a lot to be desired as a recruiter. We’ve put together some of the best O-lines in the country over the last several years. We should be able to take our pick of 4* RBs, instead we’re scrounging around trying to pick off GT commits on NSD. I’m not saying Jaimir Smith and C’Bo won’t be solid players at ND, but we should be landing a bona fide stud at least every other cycle. There’s no more excuses after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                Autry Denson is my favorite ND player of all time, but heís so far left a lot to be desired as a recruiter. Weíve put together some of the best O-lines in the country over the last several years. We should be able to take our pick of 4* RBs, instead weíre scrounging around trying to pick off GT commits on NSD. Iím not saying Jaimir Smith and CíBo wonít be solid players at ND, but we should be landing a bona fide stud at least every other cycle. Thereís no more excuses after this season.
                                Maybe. But doesn't the "4 for 40" selling point get lost on a 5 star running back who, as a high school senior, believes that he is 3 years and out the door? It is not like OSU or Bama can't bring in O-Lines.

Comment

Originally posted by brewdog_14527 View Post
                                  Maybe. But doesn't the "4 for 40" selling point get lost on a 5 star running back who, as a high school senior, believes that he is 3 years and out the door? It is not like OSU or Bama can't bring in O-Lines.
                                  1. You can early enroll and graduate in 3 years.

2. RBs have a short shelf-life in the NFL and should value education more than anyone.

3. We’ve made similar arguments about DT, DB, WR, OLB, etc. in the past and it turns out it’s not impossible to recruit those players at a high level with the right people selling it.

4. Tony Alford recruited multiple 4 and 5 star RBs to ND when our O-Line U reputation was not as well established.

There should be no more excuses. We need to land two mid to high 4* RBs this year or we need to do some re-evaluation.

Comment

Autry Denson is my favorite ND player of all time, but he’s so far left a lot to be desired as a recruiter. We’ve put together some of the best O-lines in the country over the last several years. We should be able to take our pick of 4* RBs, instead we’re scrounging around trying to pick off GT commits on NSD. I’m not saying Jaimir Smith and C’Bo won’t be solid players at ND, but we should be landing a bona fide stud at least every other cycle. There’s no more excuses after this season.
                                    What? He's been a pretty darn good recruiter. You realize he handles A LOT more than just RB recruiting, right?

Also, if anything, this should be a HUGE feather in his cap. 1.) C'bo is a pretty good talent out of talent rich state. Got some Georgia HS honors for his Senior season. The fact that Denson was able to come in last minute and build that relationship is a huge testament to his recruiting efforts. 2.) The reason we were in that position had absolutely nothing to do with him. Stepp didn't handle is off the field work and Mcintosh/Holmes are knuckle heads.

•2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA Offensive Player of the Year
                                    •2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA First Team All-State
                                    •Named to 2017 USA Today American Family Insurance All-USA Georgia Football Second Team

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      What? He's been a pretty darn good recruiter. You realize he handles A LOT more than just RB recruiting, right?

Also, if anything, this should be a HUGE feather in his cap. 1.) C'bo is a pretty good talent out of talent rich state. Got some Georgia HS honors for his Senior season. The fact that Denson was able to come in last minute and build that relationship is a huge testament to his recruiting efforts. 2.) The reason we were in that position had absolutely nothing to do with him. Stepp didn't handle is off the field work and Mcintosh/Holmes are knuckle heads.

ē2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA Offensive Player of the Year
                                      ē2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA First Team All-State
                                      ēNamed to 2017 USA Today American Family Insurance All-USA Georgia Football Second Team
                                      Not to mention I would take a GA HS player over an IN HS player any day of the week

Comment

Autry Denson is my favorite ND player of all time, but heís so far left a lot to be desired as a recruiter. Weíve put together some of the best O-lines in the country over the last several years. We should be able to take our pick of 4* RBs, instead weíre scrounging around trying to pick off GT commits on NSD. Iím not saying Jaimir Smith and CíBo wonít be solid players at ND, but we should be landing a bona fide stud at least every other cycle. Thereís no more excuses after this season.
                                        We had a bona fide stud not too far from Avon last year but let him slip away to USC (of all places)...I hear what your saying. But it is a long way from signing day '19 so lets see how it plays out.

BTW, I saw Stepp live last year in Sectionals, wasn't all that impressed for what it is worth.

Comment

ē2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA Offensive Player of the Year
                                          ē2017 Georgia Sports Writers Association Football Class AAA First Team All-State
                                          ēNamed to 2017 USA Today American Family Insurance All-USA Georgia Football Second Team
                                          Iím sorry but in three years his highest-rated RB recruit is C.J. Holmes who was a composite 0.90. Markese Stepp was a 0.89. We can and have done much better in recent years at the RB position. And we can blame the McIntosh/Holmes situation on them being knuckleheads, but I sincerely doubt BK kicks them off the team if they were legit stars. Finally, Densonís only competition for Flemister was a floundering Tennessee program with a new HC. I just donít see that as some sort of crowning achievement.

Comment

Iím sorry but in three years his highest-rated RB recruit is C.J. Holmes who was a composite 0.90. Markese Stepp was a 0.89. We can and have done much better in recent years at the RB position. And we can blame the McIntosh/Holmes situation on them being knuckleheads, but I sincerely doubt BK kicks them off the team if they were legit stars. Finally, Densonís only competition for Flemister was a floundering Tennessee program with a new HC. I just donít see that as some sort of crowning achievement.
                                            So, again, you do realize he recruits more than just RBís, right?

Comment

Ex. He brought in arguably the best WR recruit of the BK era. But who cares about facts, we need 5 star RB’s or he SUCKS.

Comment

So, again, you do realize he recruits more than just RB’s, right?
                                                I fail to see your point. He has been largely underwhelming recruiting the position he is directly responsible for coaching.

Ex. He brought in arguably the best WR recruit of the BK era. But who cares about facts, we need 5 star RB’s or he SUCKS.
                                                I didn’t say I expect him to land 5 stars consistently or at all. But when the top recruit at your position is a borderline 4 star over the course of three seasons, it should be cause for concern. Especially when you could sell early PT and playing with the best O-line in the country. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have higher expectations, although I understand you’re trying to mischaracterize my point to bolster your argument.
                                                Last edited by longliveautrydenson; 02-23-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Gotta love longliveautrydenson coming in with the autry denson criticism

Comment

I fail to see your point. He has been largely underwhelming recruiting the position he is directly responsible for coaching.
                                                    Haha, itís not that difficult but thatís my que.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post
                                                      We had a bona fide stud not too far from Avon last year but let him slip away to USC (of all places)...I hear what your saying. But it is a long way from signing day '19 so lets see how it plays out.

BTW, I saw Stepp live last year in Sectionals, wasn't all that impressed for what it is worth.
                                                      Let him slip away = he didn't qualify for ND. Had nothing to do with Denson.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman Ray View Post
                                                        Not to mention I would take a GA HS player over an IN HS player any day of the week
                                                        You'd take C'Bo over S. James?

I hate blanket statements but I'd take the Western hemisphere over the Northern.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                          Let him slip away = he didn't qualify for ND. Had nothing to do with Denson.
                                                          I don't know man, if I were Denson I'd be calling him and/or mom very often to make sure he was hitting the books.

Or maybe he saw the same as me...dudes is just alright. I know Cathedral very well and for them not to let a student into ND because of academics means Stepp literally just didn't go to class...which I doubt.

Comment

nvm

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">110% C O M M I T T E D <a href="https://twitter.com/OSUCoachMeyer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OSUCoachMeyer</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachTonyAlford?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachTonyAlf ord</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> <a href="https://t.co/Fp6z0Q6wGn">pic.twitter.com/Fp6z0Q6wGn</a></p>&mdash; Sampson (@Sjames_2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sjames_2/status/975865429292998662?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2018</a></blockquote>

Comment

Originally posted by china423 View Post
                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">110% C O M M I T T E D <a href="https://twitter.com/OSUCoachMeyer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OSUCoachMeyer</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachTonyAlford?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachTonyAlf ord</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> <a href="https://t.co/Fp6z0Q6wGn">pic.twitter.com/Fp6z0Q6wGn</a></p>&mdash; Sampson (@Sjames_2) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sjames_2/status/975865429292998662?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                                                Dammit

Comment

Can't even get in state kids over ohio state how many guys have we lost to them over the last few years?!

Comment

Too many

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                                                      Can't even get in state kids over ohio state how many guys have we lost to them over the last few years?!
                                                                      That could get into ND?

Around the same number they've lost to us out of Ohio.

Comment

That could get into ND?

^This

Comment

That could get into ND?

this! just because a kid is in state does not mean he's a "loss" for ND if he does not fit the profile. Does Stanford recruit the city of Oakland hard? i think not.
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Sometimes I think we tend to forget that Notre Dame is a national/international university that happens to be located in South Bend, Indiana. For us, taking the in-state kids that qualify and are academic/social fits is a nice luxury. For schools like Indiana and Purdue, taking (any and all) in-state kids is a necessity.

James is a great football player, but if you follow his lineage/family background, you can draw your own conclusions as to whether he was going to be a fit here, or not.

Comment

• #42
                                                                              Decommitted from OSU and a mass of IU CBs are flooding in. Forced out? Doesn't want to play for a guy that endorses/supports domestic violence? I hope its the latter, but I doubt it.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                With Kyren Williams being told he's the only RB, I doubt we get involved here, right?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                  Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                                  With Kyren Williams being told he's the only RB, I doubt we get involved here, right?
                                                                                  Doubt it. I remember reading that James was not a fit at all at Notre Dame and people were surprised we even extended an offer.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                    Doubt it. I remember reading that James was not a fit at all at Notre Dame and people were surprised we even extended an offer.
                                                                                    Exactly. Weíd all like the staff to be looking for options at all positions with great talent. But this wasnít an option, realistically, from the beginning.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                      he just committed to Indiana

Comment

• #47
                                                                                        Decommitted from OSU and a mass of IU CBs are flooding in. Forced out? Doesn't want to play for a guy that endorses/supports domestic violence? I hope its the latter, but I doubt it.
                                                                                        Per Steve Wiltfong: "Ohio State wanted him. I believe they were surprised."

Comment

• #48
                                                                                          Happy for IU. Weird this happened right after the IU/OSU game, assuming OSU really did want him. Maybe he just wanted to stay home
                                                                                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #49
                                                                                            Cool, its like he just saw his two female options interacting and he saw his mean girl girlfriend for what she is and dump her for the nice girl.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                              Itís so funny that we compare recruiting to dating. Weirdly similar. But funny

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                              Working...
                                                                                              X