Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 PA OT Andrew Kristofic (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated R&R's:

Rankings 7-12-18:
    Comp 247: ..... 4* ..... #34 OT ..... #317 OA ..... .8466 rating
    247: ............... 4* ..... #18 OT ..... #137 OA ...... 93
    Rivals: ............ 3* ..... #63 OT ........................... 5.6
    ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #36 OT ........................... 80

Now the 2nd ranked OL in the '19 Class by 247:

Correll ....... 4* ..... #6 OG ..... #133 OA ...... 93
    Kristofic ..... 4* ..... #18 OT .... #137 OA ...... 93
    Carroll ....... 4* ..... #19 OT .... #144 OA ...... 92
    Olmstead ... 4* ..... #33 OT .... #310 OA ...... 90
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-12-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Updated R&R's:

Rankings 7-12-18:

Wow Rivals is low on him...

Comment

Updated R&R's:

Rankings 7-12-18:

This is the actual dream class that people were hoping for and Jeff Quinn actually went out and got it. Unbelievable class at OL.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
          This is the actual dream class that people were hoping for and Jeff Quinn actually went out and got it. Unbelievable class at OL.
          Great class and love each player but Harry Miller in place of ZC and the addition of Walter Rouse was my dream since the Jr films came out.

Also have to mention Caedan Wallace but ND likes their OG's converted from HS OT's and with Carroll and Olmstead at OG's, I'd take Rouse at OT to bookend with Kristofic.

Comment

• 247 bumped him up to #116 on their top 247.

Comment

• Glad we got him to help protect phil. And he is doing a nice job climbing the rankings.
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• For the 3rd time in 5 years, P-R faced Philly St Joesph's Prep in the title game which they lost 37-0.

Comment

For the 3rd time in 5 years, P-R faced Philly St Joesph's Prep in the title game which they lost 37-0.
                  nitpick, it was the state semifinals

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                    nitpick, it was the state semifinals
                    Correct. Was just coming back to edit that. Surprised me that I missed Coatsville and Harrisburg getting beat... figured P-R and SJP did it last week. ISD said it was the CG so I ran with it.

Would have like to see Coatsville play. Have always been curious about Aaron Young.

Comment

• The PIAA redoes the enrollments every two years, so some teams shift between the 6 classifications depending on enrollment. Due to the shifts in the classifications both 5A and 6A could not do the normal East/West bracket usually used for the playoffs. This resulted in P-R and St. Joe's meeting up in the state semi in Altoona. They are in completely opposite sides of the state.

Speaking of the PIAA going to 6 classifications about 4 years ago, it's bad. It isn't working IMO. It solved some of the issues in the larger classes, but has totally diluted the A level (smallest).

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly/...667628545?s=09

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Go behind-the-scenes moments after <a href="https://twitter.com/AKristofic21?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AKristofic21</a> inked his National Letter of Intent and officially became Irish. �� ⤵️<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FightClub19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fig htClub19</a> <a href="https://t.co/41jRM2WV5o">pic.twitter.com/41jRM2WV5o</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1075395811792560128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• lol coach Quinn is like your grandpa who doesnt know how to use tech. couldnt get Andrew call oriented, smh...
                            Prehistoric

Comment

• 6’4 5/8
                              282.4 pounds
                              31 inch arms
                              10 inch hands

Arms possibly to short?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                6’4 5/8
                                282.4 pounds
                                31 inch arms
                                10 inch hands

Arms possibly to short?
                                If measured correctly that’s extremely short for an offensive lineman. It seems unrealistic to expect him to be an NFL caliber OT... it’s extremely rare to have successful OTs with less than 33” arms.

Comment

• There is no way that he is nearly 65 with 31 inch arms. Seems like an error to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                    There is no way that he is nearly 65 with 31 inch arms. Seems like an error to me.
                                    Joe Thomas was 6’6” with 31 inch arms.

I am not playing the “there was one guy with that bad trait who was a star so it doesn’t matter” game. I’m just saying it does happen.

EDIT: my memory failed me. Thomas was in the 32 range.
                                    Last edited by Pops Freshenmeyer; 01-01-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                      There is no way that he is nearly 65 with 31 inch arms. Seems like an error to me.
                                      I think he's only 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                        Joe Thomas was 6’6” with 31 inch arms.

I am not playing the “there was one guy with that bad trait who was a star so it doesn’t matter” game. I’m just saying it does happen.

EDIT: my memory failed me. Thomas was in the 32 range.
                                        Yeah, Joe Thomas was 32.5" which is on the shorter side for tackles which average around 33.75" but nothing crazy.

31" is an insane outlier.

Comment

• Dropped 4 spots now #120

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The “My Five Stars” feature from 247Sports is LIVE. <br><br>Which prospects from the class of 2019 landed in my Top 32?<br><br>List: <a href="https://t.co/GqVv2ckvY9">https://t.co/GqVv2ckvY9</a> <a href="https://t.co/54efSrX9iR">pic.twitter.com/54efSrX9iR</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1089988414949203968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Loy ranked him #28 in the country?

Comment

• Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The “My Five Stars” feature from 247Sports is LIVE. <br><br>Which prospects from the class of 2019 landed in my Top 32?<br><br>List: <a href="https://t.co/GqVv2ckvY9">https://t.co/GqVv2ckvY9</a> <a href="https://t.co/54efSrX9iR">pic.twitter.com/54efSrX9iR</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1089988414949203968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2019</a></blockquote>

Loy ranked him #28 in the country?
                                              Yep. FWIW, he's been saying for awhile that there were other top programs that had Kristofic as their #1 or near #1 OT prospect early on. Kind of easy to figure out who those programs might be. This is somewhat similar to Jayson Ademilola. Because they were committed so early and didn't do play the recruitin game, I'm not sure people fully realize how big of a deal these type of commitments are.

Comment

• After he got measured at the AA Game, no way I could give him anything but 4*. If he ends up a 5* OT in college, he'll be the first one to do it with 31" arms. Even undersized ZMart had 33's.

Comment

• I don't know... With Jamion Franklin you could see it. Not a single picture I've seen makes AK look like he has proportionately short arms at all.

If this really is a thing (rather than a mistake), its one of those things where it will come into play at the combine, but not before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                                    I don't know... With Jamion Franklin you could see it. Not a single picture I've seen makes AK look like he has proportionately short arms at all.

If this really is a thing (rather than a mistake), its one of those things where it will come into play at the combine, but not before.
                                                    Well he started off 6-6 too and in the pictures of the EE's he looks like the shortest OL in the class.

I'm more concerned with getting Tosh Baker up to speed at LT so 5*Phil has all the time he needs to win that Natty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                                      I don't know... With Jamion Franklin you could see it. Not a single picture I've seen makes AK look like he has proportionately short arms at all.

His arms certainly didn't get shorter since the time when ND, OSU, and Clemson were all over him. So those schools saw him in person multiple times and really wanted him.

With that said, I think #28 overall is a little crazy as there is a lot of physical development to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        His arms certainly didn't get shorter since the time when ND, OSU, and Clemson were all over him. So those schools saw him in person multiple times and really wanted him.

With that said, I think #28 overall is a little crazy as there is a lot of physical development to do.
                                                        Yeah but his feet were pretty dang good his junior year.

Comment

• If his arms are too short he'll play guard. #28 is too high for a guard.

Wait, Q and Zack are both guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by tom prendergast View Post
                                                            If his arms are too short he'll play guard. #28 is too high for a guard.

Zack was a great LT for ND and there is no reason at the college level that Kristofic can't be a great OT. Like Zack at the pro level he will have to move inside though.

Comment

• One thing that ZMart did (short-ish arms or not) was get his feet set perfectly and deliver a STOP-SIGN punch with both hands --- he's still doing that in the pros. Because that punch was a real wallop, the rusher was stopped long enough for Zack to dance into position and blast him again --- over and over. If Kristofic can quick-foot-it like ZMart AND punch like him, I'll take all the "erasers" (Todd McShay's term for ZMart) I can get.

Comment

• Not sure if I buy too much into the "short arms" thing (at the college level)

Of course I'd decision my ideal OT with long arms, but I find at the college level it's far from a death sentence.

On the flip side, the NFL (with much smaller margin for error, and way more money on the line) I can see why GMs would shy off some.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by tom prendergast View Post
                                                                  If his arms are too short he'll play guard. #28 is too high for a guard.

Arms aren't a concern as long as he has violent hands

Comment

• I had the possibly erroneous impression that Kristovic was impressing the staff because he had better feet than the others. This would put him in Hainsey territory (lighter but quicker to begin with, but becoming a plenty big enough boy in time.) This was why, I thought, that they had him imagined as a tackle (even a left tackle, though we need two.) That doesn't mean that he WILL develop into a starter or beat out someone like TBaker, of course.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                    Working...
                                                                    X