Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 GA S Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He looked flat footed on that first long TD run.. That's The first time I've seen him miss a tackle.... Hopefully it's the last one
    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthDakota View Post
      It looked like a lot of guys maybe took the week off lol. I get it...hard to be at your best every week, especially when you are 9-0 and playing a scrub team.
      Yeah, they definitely looked flat for a lot of the day. The first 1 1/2 qtrs. looked pretty bad overall (especially score-wise)! The D looked flat footed at times in 2nd half too. I'm surprised the Irish would give up over 400 yds and 21 pts to the Orange. Oh well, 10-0 and time to bring on the Clemson rematch ... Go Irish!

Comment

• Could be an issue of teams staying away from him intentionally. If that’s the case that’s a point of pride.
        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
          Could be an issue of teams staying away from him intentionally. If that’s the case that’s a point of pride.
          If you're referring to his lack of INTs, I think it's more to do with him not being asked to play center field as much. If that's all he did, he'd likely have a handful this season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• One tackle against the Orange was really surprising. Maybe indicative of what we are talking about.

On the other hand Clarence Lewis had 11 tackles. It would be interesting to see how many targets there were to people he was covering, and how many completions.

Comment

• Any word on his injury? Didn't find anything on google yet.

Comment

• Ankle sprain. Should be able to play.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...157477334/Amp/

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most valuable safety in CFB (PFF wins above average):<br><br>▶️ Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame <a href="https://t.co/qKcR3b9X6y">pic.twitter.com/qKcR3b9X6y</a></p>&mdash; PFF College (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1349723507844931590?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Hamilton is certainly a guy to watch in the Spring.

Most likely to play the Sniper role in Freeman's defense, which could take his production to another level, in terms of TFL's, Sacks, tackles, etc.

However, I do think that will put a lot of stress on young CB's and other inexperienced S's to hold up on the back end. So, maybe he play a combination of both. I did think II had a good eval of DJ Brown in that he was in good position quite a bit throughout the season though he may not look spectacular doing it and didn't finish some of this INT opportunities. Maybe he's the guy that gets the Cover 1 nod in order to keep Hamilton in the mix, so to speak.

What's everyone thinking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                      Hamilton is certainly a guy to watch in the Spring.

Most likely to play the Sniper role in Freeman's defense, which could take his production to another level, in terms of TFL's, Sacks, tackles, etc.

However, I do think that will put a lot of stress on young CB's and other inexperienced S's to hold up on the back end. So, maybe he play a combination of both. I did think II had a good eval of DJ Brown in that he was in good position quite a bit throughout the season though he may not look spectacular doing it and didn't finish some of this INT opportunities. Maybe he's the guy that gets the Cover 1 nod in order to keep Hamilton in the mix, so to speak.

What's everyone thinking?

I think the easiest way to protect inexperienced DBs is to apply tons of pressure and unless anybody comes close to the package Hamilton brings he will be more valuable overall at Sniper. I'm fine giving up a few deep balls if we nuke a couple drives a game with him up close.

Also, who on the schedule next year scares you blowing the top off the defense even with young DBs?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most valuable safety in CFB (PFF wins above average):<br><br>▶️ Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame <a href="https://t.co/qKcR3b9X6y">pic.twitter.com/qKcR3b9X6y</a></p>&mdash; PFF College (@PFF_College) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1349723507844931590?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                        This is awesome. Congrats to Kyle Hamilton! He probably deserved better than 3rd team All American...but I'm excited to see him get recognized for being the stud safety that he is!
                        The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                          I think the easiest way to protect inexperienced DBs is to apply tons of pressure and unless anybody comes close to the package Hamilton brings he will be more valuable overall at Sniper. I'm fine giving up a few deep balls if we nuke a couple drives a game with him up close.

Also, who on the schedule next year scares you blowing the top off the defense even with young DBs?
                          Pressure works if it gets home. And that’s the delicate situation Freeman will have to manage.

That’s a good question as I think Freeman will be game to game with his scheme, as Lea often was and as Freeman has been in the past. USC and UNC would be the two that stick out the most.

Comment

• So is sniper rover?

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                              So is sniper rover?
                              Kind of?

It depends on what the opposing offense is doing, and how Freeman counters with personnel.

Whereas JOK was essentially the third linebacker as a Rover, Freeman's defense will use three linebackers AND a Sniper if the opposing offense wants to use TE's and run the ball.

If the opposing offense wants to spread you out and throw the football to 3/4 WR's, a linebacker comes off and an extra CB comes on, but the Sniper is still on the field doing his thing regardless.
                              Last edited by IrishLion; 01-14-2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                So is sniper rover?
                                https://www.18stripes.com/find-the-s...man-defensive/

This was posted yesterday in the MF thread.

Comment

• I'd just add that another difference that might be noteworthy, where the heavy package for Lea included the Rover position. It was basically his base 4-2-5 defense. In Freeman's scheme, the 'heavy' package removes the Sniper and a CB/S for a 3rd SAM LB and 4th DL.

Now, as that article by 18stripes illustrates, he didn't use it much at Cincy. But, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to expect him to play that a little more at ND based on personnel and opponents. To add even another caveat to this conversation, maybe Freeman finds a 'Sniper' at ND that stays on the field in those packages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post

UNC is about the only one IMO.

Comment

• Yep, sniper for me. I only want him getting picks, sacks, pressures and TFLs. Oh and strips.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

I think you and Lucky are right. Sometimes the schedule just lines up right to put your best athlete in a spot and let him cook.

Chef Kyle the Sniper. I wish I had photoshop skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                          Not USC? I would understand if NC didn't lose their 4 best skill position players (assuming Newsome enters the draft), but they seem to be about the same talent level as SC given the attrition at both schools.

Comment

• Going to enjoy the hell out of watching Hamilton this fall. I don't see any way he doesn't leave for the draft with his stock.

MAYBE if he sees the '22 potential and has that desire for some unfinished business but I am not getting my hopes up. 1st round lock next April.
                                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• He gone

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                He gone
                                                Huh??

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post
                                                  Huh??
                                                  As in, he's gone after '21

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                                    Going to enjoy the hell out of watching Hamilton this fall. I don't see any way he doesn't leave for the draft with his stock.

MAYBE if he sees the '22 potential and has that desire for some unfinished business but I am not getting my hopes up. 1st round lock next April.
                                                    He'd prolly be a first round pick this year if he were eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                      He'd prolly be a first round pick this year if he were eligible.

^This. 2021 season is where he tries to prove he is a top 10 pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                      Working...
                                                      X