Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 TX LB/DE Nana Osafo-Mensah (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    I did not watch the All-American games, but did he not play that well? He was dropped significantly by both Rivals and 247sports.
    He signed with ND, that's why he dropped.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by shortynd01 View Post
        Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
        I love the conspiracy as much as the next guy, but it doesn't jive with Hamilton and Kiser making huge jumps.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
          I love the conspiracy as much as the next guy, but it doesn't jive with Hamilton and Kiser making huge jumps.
          That's because it's impossible not to love Spider-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
            Ah, mine is more in jest about the conspiracy than actually believing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortynd01 View Post
              And Kizer just jumped up 481 spots...cause he signed with ND?
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Well that's the running belief though to those that follow the conspiracy right? If they drop in rankings, it's because they only went to ND because they aren't AS good as the initial ranking, that's why they didn't go to (insert another blue blood here). If they jump as a commit to ND, it's clear they are a diamond in the rough and we found him before the other big time programs.*

*Until he doesn't do as well as those ND fans believe (treating him as a 5 Star), and the staff needs to stop signing these low guys that don't become IMPACT guys.

Comment

• Well, he didn't measure in at a full 6'3, apparently his arms are short, according to this thread he only had 3 sacks through his first 7 games (I would think an elite pass rusher could do better than that in HS, and idk his full season stats), and neighboring high schools were chanting 'overrated' at him. Don't think it's unreasonable to think he might just be a 3* guy, which sucks as he was a top of the board recruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                    Well, he didn't measure in at a full 6'3, apparently his arms are short, according to this thread he only had 3 sacks through his first 7 games (I would think an elite pass rusher could do better than that in HS, and idk his full season stats), and neighboring high schools were chanting 'overrated' at him. Don't think it's unreasonable to think he might just be a 3* guy, which sucks as he was a top of the board recruit.
                    This is why its so key to recruit multiple DEs and multiple DTs every year. However, I think's going to be fine.

Comment

• This is beyond stupid and just goes to show how insignificant the rankings system is. It makes literally no sense to drop a player that participated in a AA week, below guys that did not, because he didn't do as well as others. It's just lazy. Half the WDE's weren't even invited and essentially 247 is just saying "well, if they were, they would've done better".

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        This is beyond stupid and just goes to show how insignificant the rankings system is. It makes literally no sense to drop a player that participated in a AA week, below guys that did not, because he didn't do as well as others. It's just lazy. Half the WDE's weren't even invited and essentially 247 is just saying "well, if they were, they would've done better".
                        Yeah all you can really do is watch film and judge for yourself. Rankings are bogus. I also wonder if 247 manipulates it's own rankings to adjust the composite ones to what they feel it should be.

Comment

Some intern is getting fire for that mistake

Comment

• So Nana is short, short-armed, etc...

Aka, Sheldon Day?

I'll take him.

Comment

• stars are just an indicator, but the trend here shouldn't be dismissed.
                              we're always quick to complain about services when we don't like what they have to say, then use them to support our own arguments when it fits. i'm more inclined to put stock in what they say when multiple services say the same thing, which they are. but who knows. could have just been a bad streak, AA scheme related, time off, etc.. color me not surprised however it turns out.

and yes, it was a big drop, but he's been steadily trending down since 7/17

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Na...itRankHistory/
                              Last edited by Irish YJ; 01-24-2019, 12:14 AM.
                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• The issue is that while I would love to watch film and draw my own conclusions, there isn't any new film on NaNa.

At least not that I've been able to find. Hudl only has 2 videos on him from this season, and they are less than 2 minutes put together. Not to mention, most of that content is just the same highlight 3 times in a row. It's pretty disappointing. I was hoping to see his senior highlight tape.

I don't know about size or arm length. He looks plenty long to me on tape and in pictures I've seen. He definitely doesn't have Sherrif Floyd arms.
                                It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• I was fairly disappointed by how easily the OL seemed to handle Nana is the AA practice reps in the few highlights that I did see.

Admittedly, I may have built up super high expectations for Nana, so it was already likely that I was going to be disappointed.

Comment

• Man, if a guy like Ogundeji can produce after a couple years of development, I can't wait to see what Nana can do when he gets his chance.

Sour grapes all up in here.
                                    My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Our biggest recruit drop in the 247 final rankings by over a 100 spots and out of the top 200
                                      Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Rankings by armchair geeks hunting for subscriptions do not win games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
                                          Man, if a guy like Ogundeji can produce after a couple years of development, I can't wait to see what Nana can do when he gets his chance.

Sour grapes all up in here.
                                          Apples and oranges, right?

The knock here is that Nana might not have the measurables. Ogundeji, on the other hand, is built for the NFL combine, he just had to learn how to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                            Apples and oranges, right?

The knock here is that Nana might not have the measurables. Ogundeji, on the other hand, is built for the NFL combine, he just had to learn how to play.
                                            I don't care if he's built like Danny DeVito if he produces at a high level.

Comment

• And Julian Okwara was outside the top 300. Balis and Elston will get Nana to be a productive player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                I don't care if he's built like Danny DeVito if he produces at a high level.
                                                Nana slicing through the opposing OL like:

Comment

• Just saw a picture of Nana on crutches and it looks like he had knee surgery

Comment

• Dang that would suck if he had to miss the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                      Dang that would suck if he had to miss the entire season.

Haha. His new team nickname would be Big10.

edit: I do hope it just a minor injury.
                                                      Last edited by T-Boone; 08-14-2020, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Torn meniscus and had surgery. He is out at least 4 weeks, but probably a few months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                          Torn meniscus and had surgery. He is out at least 4 weeks, but probably a few months.

Do we know if lateral or medial?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• out for the season

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sophomore defensive end NaNa Osafo-Mensah will miss the regular season following knee surgery to repair a meniscus injury. <a href="https://t.co/CS2FDPYZ89">https://t.co/CS2FDPYZ89</a></p>&mdash; Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteSampson_/status/1294283464024502278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 14, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• big bummer.
                                                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• That’s good news that it’s just the meniscus. That’s easier to bounce back from

Comment

• This might be a stupid question but does the meniscus need to be repaired? Why not just remove it?

Comment

• My wife had surgery for a meniscus tear. The part of the meniscus she tore had no blood supply to it. The Dr. said in that case, they cut off the torn portion. If there is blood supply, they try to do a complete repair and sew it together. The complete repair is best long-term for the knee health, but carries a long recovery. The snip leaves a permanent loss of meniscus tissue but requires a much shorter recovery (4-8 weeks). His injury must have required the complete repair. Better long-term for his career.

Comment

• Likely larger meniscus tear with a repair vs a small tear or meniscectomy (removal) which could be 12-16 weeks vs 2-4 weeks like Ademilola.

Injury on 8/11. Surgery 8/13. Thanksgiving, day before UNC game, is 15 weeks. ACC-C is 18 weeks.

DE depth looks solid and if anything Foskey could get some more burn. If we’re shooting for the stars against Clemson, Ohio St, Bama in major bowls/playoffs. Hope he can contribute next year.

With a two deep of Ademilola, Foskey, Oghoufo, Botelho and Ehrensberger plus freshman rounding out the depth, a productive Junior who was a top 15ish DE in his class would help.

Comment

• Comment

• Nice guns. Excited to see what he can do.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                          Working...
                                                                          X