Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 NV QB Cade McNamara (Michigan Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '19 NV QB Cade McNamara (Michigan Verbal)

Quarterback
    Reno, NV
    Damonte Ranch HS

Measurements:
    6-1

Rankings:
    247 Comp ..... ..... #8 QB-P ..... .8800 rating
    247 ............... ..... #7 QB-P ..... 88
    Scout ............
    Rivals ............ ......................... 5.7 rating
    ESPN ............. NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame ............... Committed 7-17-17
    Wiscy
    Hawaii
    Nevada
    SDSU

Media Links:

Twitter = @Cademac_QB

Cade McNamara - Hudl

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/3880181/57d5a66c0aff7bc258148a3d' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-02-2018, 04:18 PM.

Soph stats for 12-2, #4 team in Nevada.

14 G ... 218/374 ... 3577 yds ... 58% ... 46 TD ... 11 Int ... 54 car ... 80 yds ... 5 TD

Comment

as a Bears fan, i want no part of any QB named Cade Mc_____

Comment

Polian should be all over this
        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
          as a Bears fan, i want no part of any QB named Cade Mc_____
          IF this Cade is as good as that Cade was in college... Sign him up immediately. Cade Classic was a good QB until he went to the QB Graveyard. Juran ruined any chance he had at being good when he played musical chairs with him, Shane Matthews and Jim Miller every year and when Cade was gone they added Chris Chandler to the mix.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=cfb&url=%2Fcfb%2Fplayers%2Fcade-mcnown-1.html&div=div_passing"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
            IF this Cade is as good as that Cade was in college... Sign him up immediately. Cade Classic was a good QB until he went to the QB Graveyard. Juran ruined any chance he had at being good when he played musical chairs with him, Shane Matthews and Jim Miller every year and when Cade was gone they added Chris Chandler to the mix.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=cfb&url=%2Fcfb%2Fplayers%2Fcade-mcnown-1.html&div=div_passing"></script>
            felt good steam rolling that florida team in sugar bowl
            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
              Polian should be all over this
              He is and the whole staff is really. These offers have been brewing for awhile. There has been a lot of communication between parties, including new QB coach Tommy Rees, who apparently seems to be a hit with some of these players.

Also, the staff hasn't ruled out bringing in 2 QB's in the 19' class. So we'll see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                He is and the whole staff is really. These offers have been brewing for awhile. There has been a lot of communication between parties, including new QB coach Tommy Rees, who apparently seems to be a hit with some of these players.

Also, the staff hasn't ruled out bringing in 2 QB's in the 19' class. So we'll see how this plays out.
                Would one be more of an "Athlete" who could switch positions if need be?

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                  No my impression, from Loy's post on the topic, was that they haven't ruled out taking two guys like Morris and McNamara (true QB's) in the same class. Just as an example, not that those are the top targets, but they like both.

Comment

No my impression, from Loy's post on the topic, was that they haven't ruled out taking two guys like Morris and McNamara (true QB's) in the same class. Just as an example, not that those are the top targets, but they like both.
                    That's interesting, I wonder why they'd push for 2.

Comment

That's interesting, I wonder why they'd push for 2.
                      because...

Ronnie Powlus, Penn, Pro-Style Quarterback
                      Originally posted by koonja
                      I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                        Ha, I know. Gotta make everything nice and smooth for the 6 Star QB

Comment

They should. ND has had that extra field ready, program QB in MVG in the shadows and people forget how important that is in running a program... and holding XP/FG's too. He departs next year.

You can't know when Wimbush will leave. Could leave next year, Could be here in '19. If he leaves after '18 your roster going into '19 is:

Book
                          Davis
                          Jurkovec
                          2019?

You can't depend on Avery sticking at QB or ND for that matter with the next Ron Powlus not named Ron Powlus coming in behind him.

Assuming Phil IS the man, Book could choose to take his last year elsewhere with a GT.

In all seriousness, 2020 could be Phil and whoever they get in '19 as untested Soph('s) coming off redshirt(s).

Take 2 in '19 to cover the downside.

'20 is going to be Roman Purcell of Cathedral.

'21 RP3 arrives and St. Beano will sing from the heavenly rafters.

Not in this case.
                          Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-29-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

They should. ND has had that extra field ready, program QB in MVG in the shadows and people forget how important that is in running a program... and holding XP/FG's too. He departs next year.

You can't know when Wimbush will leave. Could leave next year, Could be here in '19. If he leaves after '18 your roster going into '19 is:

Book
                            Davis
                            Jurkovec

You can't depend on Avery sticking at QB or ND for that matter with the next Ron Powlus coming in behind him.
                            This was another thing that came to mind, since I know you've thrown it out since pretty much the beginning of his recruitment.

Comment

Book
                              Davis
                              Jurkovec
                              2019?

You can't depend on Avery sticking at QB or ND for that matter with the next Ron Powlus not named Ron Powlus coming in behind him.

Assuming Phil IS the man, Book could choose to take his last year elsewhere with a GT.

In all seriousness, 2020 could be Phil and whoever they get in '19 as untested Soph('s) coming off redshirt(s).

Take 2 in '19 to cover the downside.

'20 is going to be Roman Purcell of Cathedral.

'21 RP3 arrives and St. Beano will sing from the heavenly rafters.

Not in this case.
                              Yea, I think you have to plan for that, or be prepared to plan for that, lol. I just personally hadn't thought that far ahead, so I was a little surprised to hear it.

Comment

This was another thing that came to mind, since I know you've thrown it out since pretty much the beginning of his recruitment.
                                Problem here is, a lot of the QB's you hear about making that switch were dual threat / wildcat QB's that came up as WR or RB before switching to QB or they also played DB... usually at smaller HS's. Davis was more of a Everett Golson QB at a big school where he wasn't called on to be the best player on the D and he was the astarting QB for all 3 years of his varsity career.

I have no idea if it's really a possibility. We tend to think a lot of short QB's are going to be Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel or Russell Wilson type athletes which in our mind translates to slot receiver or DB physical skill set. That's just not the case with most prospects.

I do think he'd be a prime candidate to transfer though. He's in a tough spot on both sides. Many of the Big 12, MWC and AAC teams would snap him up in a second if he chose to leave.
                                Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-29-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Wiltfong jumps right back into the box after he got punched out by Dylan Morris.

CB for the Irish.

Comment

He's got a really good film

Comment

That didn't take long! Committed.

BREAKING: Notre Dame lands QB commitment!

Comment

Awesome sauce

Comment

Neat

Comment

Sweet

Comment

boom

Comment

Comment

boom
                                                  I know you wanted others, but the kid is good. And if ND like what they saw in person and are willing to let him jump on, I'm game. Early QB commits are huge (see: this year's early recruiting).
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

So would the staff still consider a second QB?

Comment

Wow, looks like he has a seriously quick release. Footwork looks pretty sloppy though
                                                      “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                      ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

Great, a 3-star QB. Just what we needed, the next Tommy Rees
                                                        "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

A 6' QB with only a handful of offers who's a 3 star (or 0 star)? I'm giving up on ND recruiting. I'm sure he's a steal though.

I'm happy for the kid. I'm not happy with ND's recruiting. We're so far away from being a playoff team, it's getting boring. BK needs to go - we need a new coach who get the entire staff recruiting at a competitive level.
                                                          Last edited by koonja; 07-17-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                            I know you wanted others, but the kid is good. And if ND like what they saw in person and are willing to let him jump on, I'm game. Early QB commits are huge (see: this year's early recruiting).
                                                            I just wanna know who's gonna explain to Koon how a ZERO star QB is a positive move.

I have no idea why I put that in italics.

Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-17-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                              I'm giving up on ND recruiting. I'm sure he's a steal though.
                                                              We have a top QB in 2018, and this guy certainly looks better than any QB fielded in 2011. I think this allows us to go all out and go for a top QB in 2020
                                                              “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                              ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

back up QB?

Comment

A 6' QB with only a handful of offers who's a 3 star (or 0 star)? I'm giving up on ND recruiting. I'm sure he's a steal though.

I'm happy for the kid. I'm not happy with ND's recruiting. We're so far away from being a playoff team, it's getting boring. BK needs to go - we need a new coach who get the entire staff recruiting at a competitive level.
                                                                  I just wanna know who's gonna explain to Koon how a ZERO star QB is a positive move.

I have no idea why I put that in italics.

I will: He is not a "3-star" QB or a "No-star" QB. He is a Junior. We'll see where he finishes.

I don't like shorter QBs, but he looks more like Golson or Book then Rees. He is accurate, has good touch, and can get it down field.

They obviously did not need to make this offer or take this commitment, but they wanted it.

Welcome aboard, son!

Comment

As Ian Book is for Brandon Wimbush, Cade McNamara can be for Jurkovec. Solid #2 at a minimum. You don't need all your QB's to be 4 and 5 star guys because you'll never keep them all anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NDLightning35 View Post
                                                                      We have a top QB in 2018, and this guy certainly looks better than any QB fielded in 2011. I think this allows us to go all out and go for a top QB in 2020
                                                                      Exactly. You don't need to recruit a stud QB every year because some will end up transferring when they aren't playing. Pointless.

Comment

Idk guys I thought his film was really good

Comment

Let me remind you.

So we get a kid with good skills, friends with good recruits we're targeting and sandwiched between two awesome studs. What exactly do you want?

I take it the "Koon vs BK" schtick is gonna be the one we have to endure this year? Should be delightful.

Comment

Let me remind you.

So we get a kid with good skills, friends with good recruits we're targeting and sandwiched between two awesome studs. What exactly do you want?

I take it the "Koon vs BK" schtick is gonna be the one we have to endure this year? Should be delightful.

Comment

• #41
                                                                              It's comical how some of you automatically labeled him as a college backup when he has TWO YEARS left of high school football. He very well could be 6'3"-6'4" before he ever steps foot on campus as a college freshman. It is wayyyyyyy too early to try to forecast where he'll be on the depth chart for his entire college career. I actually thought his film looked really good and think he could be a good college quarterback down the road. For a guy that threw for 46 touchdowns his sophomore season, there's a lot of people hating on this pickup. Congrats Cade, I think you'll do great things at ND.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                It's comical how some of you automatically labeled him as a college backup when he has TWO YEARS left of high school football. He very well could be 6'3"-6'4" before he ever steps foot on campus as a college freshman. It is wayyyyyyy too early to try to forecast where he'll be on the depth chart for his entire college career. I actually thought his film looked really good and think he could be a good college quarterback down the road. For a guy that threw for 46 touchdowns his sophomore season, there's a lot of people hating on this pickup. Congrats Cade, I think you'll do great things at ND.
                                                                                Right now I look at him as a solid future #2 and there is nothing wrong with that. I love the addition and really liked his film. You need quality depth at the QB position just like you do at any other position. If he proves to be more than that then fantastic.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                  welcome to ND Cade!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                    The reason I don't get excited about adding lesser prospects after adding a Can't Miss, high 4 / 5 star is while some Can't Misses are Jimmy Clausen and hopefully Wimbush and Jurkovec some others turn out to be Crist and Kiel..

Stack. Them. Deep.

Competition, quantity and opportunity will breed gameday QB's, back ups and transfers. That's the proper way you engineer your QB roster.
                                                                                    Last edited by NDCrusader; 07-17-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                      Considering that 50% of the top 50 QB recruits each year now transfer, you need to make sure you find one that will stick around despite not starting early in their career, if at all. Have no idea what path Cade's career may take, but ND needs to find those kids that stick around, and only about 31% do that nowadays.

Why blue chip quarterback recruits are transferring at an alarming rate | FOX Sports

Comment

• #46
                                                                                        The reason I don't get excited about adding lesser prospects after adding a Can't Miss, high 4 / 5 star is while some Can't Misses are Jimmy Clausen and hopefully Wimbush and Jurkovec some others turn out to be Crist and Kiel..

Stack. Them. Deep.

Competition, quantity and opportunity will breed gameday QB's, back ups and transfers. That's the proper way you engineer your QB roster.
                                                                                        As pointed out above, how realistic is this? What schools stacking "elite" QB talent for multiple cycles, and those QB's are playing out their eligibility at said school? So there is actually multiple year overlap of class after class. It's just not happening all that often. I personally like the strategy. Plus, I don't think taking two is out of the question and his tape is pretty good.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                          Dude is not afraid to take a hit in the pocket, that's for sure.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Really like this pickup for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash">#NotreDame</a>. A 4 star IMO and will move up during the process. Really liked his film, good fit for the offense <a href="https://t.co/bzPXRf1ZlU">https://t.co/bzPXRf1ZlU</a></p>&mdash; Jamie Uyeyama (@jamieuyeyama) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamieuyeyama/status/887059002449944577">July 17, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with Jamie on this one. His film is too good to warrant just a 3 rating. I see him being a 4 QB with a 92-93 rating by the time its all said and done.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                              Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                              Amen Brother! Looks pretty good and still time to get better. Not understanding the "hate".

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishFan12 View Post
                                                                                                Dude is not afraid to take a hit in the pocket, that's for sure.
                                                                                                Agreed. Willingly took on some hits from some big kids. Based on this tape alone, kid looks to have promise -- as someone pointed out, still a ways to go in his development. Welcome to the team!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X