Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 KS DE Marcus Hicks (Oklahoma Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Yep, Michigan and Oklahoma. Also mentioned a list of 6 favorites, with no mention of ND. Only ND mention is that he's visiting for the UM game. And that it's an unofficial.
    I hope the staff has an unsubscribe button too.

Comment

Surprised he doesn't think highly of us. I think his dad does though

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
        Surprised he doesn't think highly of us. I think his dad does though
        I’m not sure how much he truly thinks of ND. After each visit, Dad raved about each school, sounding like a member of each schools marketing team.
        Last edited by ab2cmiller; 05-09-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Yep, Michigan and Oklahoma. Also mentioned a list of 6 favorites, with no mention of ND. Only ND mention is that he's visiting for the UM game. And that it's an unofficial.
          This always bothers me. Why do we allow a kid to visit for a game when we are playing against the leading team in his recruitment? Has this ever worked in our favor?

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
            This always bothers me. Why do we allow a kid to visit for a game when we are playing against the leading team in his recruitment? Has this ever worked in our favor?
            They canít really do anything about it if itís an unofficial visit, can they?

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
              All CBís are on Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                If they thought someone had no interest in ND, then they would be asked to not come. Obviously anyone can show up on campus, but they would not be given sideline passes etc.

Comment

I doubt theyíd come if we didnít provide tickets and attention

Comment

I doubt theyíd come if we didnít provide tickets and attention
                    I didnít think tickets were provided during an unofficial? I thought it was completely ďpay your own wayĒ?

Or do they just get an opportunity to buy tickets at face value that arenít normally available or something?

Comment

I didnít think tickets were provided during an unofficial? I thought it was completely ďpay your own wayĒ?

Or do they just get an opportunity to buy tickets at face value that arenít normally available or something?
                      They leave tickets at will call w/ sideline passes, let them in the recruiting tent but there are no paid meals, lodging or travel reimbursement.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                        If they thought someone had no interest in ND, then they would be asked to not come. Obviously anyone can show up on campus, but they would not be given sideline passes etc.
                        That would be kind of petty. Besides, what's the harm? The staff probably knows he's a hard lean to another team, so they probably won't give him their undivided attention like they do to some. If he shows up on his own dime give him a couple of tickets and let him enjoy the game. You never know when a kid might rethink his position after visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                          That would be kind of petty. Besides, what's the harm? The staff probably knows he's a hard lean to another team, so they probably won't give him their undivided attention like they do to some. If he shows up on his own dime give him a couple of tickets and let him enjoy the game. You never know when a kid might rethink his position after visiting.
                          The only risk is that they spend most of their time on campus trying to coyly sell other top recruits on the merits of school X or just being a buzzkill to the overall mood of other recruits that have a lot of interest in ND.

I’m not saying that risk is great.
                          Last edited by ab2cmiller; 05-10-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/fu6W1l93k2">pic.twitter.com/fu6W1l93k2</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Hicks (@harcus_micks) <a href="https://twitter.com/harcus_micks/status/1005062293342875649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

I really thought we had a chance early on with the comments that him, and especially his Dad, had made after his visit.

Then I saw some of the comments they made after visits to other schools. Based upon their comments, you would've thought that they were rating each school an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X