Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 TX DE Hunter Spears (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    With four years of eligibility left, the path to playing time after 2020 is probably more open on offense. Kraemer, Hainsey and Eichenberg are all gone after this year, nobody outside of Lugg has significant experience and he's probably playing tackle in 2021 unless Carroll and Kristofic are good enough to push Lugg to guard.

Assuming Lugg takes one tackle spot in 2021, Carroll and Kristofic compete for the other, who is the front runner to take Kraemer's spot? Has anyone else, Gibbons, Dirksen or Correll, been impressive enough to be the presumptive starting guard in 2021?
    You a ruling out the very likely possibility of Mr. Banks moving to tackle for his 5th year. I believe the coaching staff to entice Banks for coming back for a 5th year has a plan for him to play tackle, which should improve his draft stock. An example that leads me to believe this is Banks was basically the 2nd team LT in 2019. In garbage time when 2nd unit was on the field Banks was playing LT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Don't forget Tosh Baker will have a year of Balis under his belt and I see him contending with Carroll & Kristofic. Back when I thought he was going to EE, I had him penciled in as starting OT in '21, now that is not a given.

Lugg CAN move inside. To have your best 5 on the field, he may have to.

If Correll is phycially ready, he could be in at OC and move Patterson to OG.

Then there's Mr. Fisher... could he be a day one starter???

Lastly, I can't shake the feeling that Dirksen is going to have his day in the sun.
      You are high on Baker, man. I hope you're right. The kid definitely has the size and skill to be a stud. I agree with you on Lugg - he could definitely take Kraemer's spot assuming two bookends emerge. That's probably the best case scenario for the offense, imo.

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
      You a ruling out the very likely possibility of Mr. Banks moving to tackle for his 5th year. I believe the coaching staff to entice Banks for coming back for a 5th year has a plan for him to play tackle, which should improve his draft stock. An example that leads me to believe this is Banks was basically the 2nd team LT in 2019. In garbage time when 2nd unit was on the field Banks was playing LT.
      Didn't think about that one. You could be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
        Either he or Lacey should move to 3T...
        Actually I don't know, whatever. I just had high hopes for him coming in.
        Lacey played very well for a freshman and it wouldn't surprise me if he worked his way to first team.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
          Lacey played very well for a freshman and it wouldn't surprise me if he worked his way to first team.
          Iíd be very surprised if he took the first team from Hinish during his Senior campaign but I do think itíll get close to a 50/50 split much like Hinish was able to do with Bonner during his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            Iíd be very surprised if he took the first team from Hinish during his Senior campaign but I do think itíll get close to a 50/50 split much like Hinish was able to do with Bonner during his.
            I think we'll see a steady rotation across the board on the DL. ND has solid depth at every position and some young guys are going to push.

Comment

• Curious to know is he still practicing with the OLine or was that only a spring thing? Is he a full-time OLineman?

Comment

• 247 update seems to indicate he may never play again. "High school injuries (ACL)" prevented him from practicing this spring.

Comment

• Hate to hear something like that.

Comment

• What a shame. I loved his film. Thought he would make a great 3 tech.

Comment

• Bummer. Local kid here in Dallas northern suburb, had a nice high school stint and I was pumped when he signed with ND. I seem to recall he missed a year due to injury.

Comment

• Terrible news

Comment

• Hopefully he can pivot like the Hunter who preceded him (Bivin). He can still make the most of a free education and top notch connections. ND is the payout and the insurance policy.

Comment

• That's terrible news. At least he can still get a great education.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• His Sophomore DL film was some of the best Sophomore DL film i've watched. Here's to making a great decision to get his degree from ND.

I think it was at ISD they mentioned this a few/several months back. It sounded like he hasn't been able to compete much at all due to those injuries.

Comment

• Man that really sucks. Good thing he picked ND.
                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• He is a great example of why the degree can matter. Good luck Hunter. I hope he can be a great ambassador of ND.
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Terrible news. I was pretty excited about him coming in. Hopefully he makes the best of his time at ND.
                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Itís my job to make sure we become that family.Ē

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X