Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 NJ OT John Olmstead (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    I really hope Quinn Carroll recovers fully and Tosh is ready to go after a year (Ronnie Stanley style) because a starting five of Lugg, Banks, Patterson, Carroll, and Baker could be fantastic.
    I would think Correll has a really good shot at working in there as well. Itíll be interesting to see where they put Lugg, he seems like the X-factor. If Lugg moves back out to OT, then you need an interior guy, and thatís where Correll slides in. If Lugg stays inside then you need a OT and itíd seemingly be between Baker and Kristofic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
      I would think Correll has a really good shot at working in there as well. Itíll be interesting to see where they put Lugg, he seems like the X-factor. If Lugg moves back out to OT, then you need an interior guy, and thatís where Correll slides in. If Lugg stays inside then you need a OT and itíd seemingly be between Baker and Kristofic.
      First world problems.

Comment

• LOADED and well recruited.

But what's with Olmstead not even on that one list? Just a flub? Injured? Gone? How can you not be on the list at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
          LOADED and well recruited.

But what's with Olmstead not even on that one list? Just a flub? Injured? Gone? How can you not be on the list at all?
          I'm reading between the lines and patching things together but I think he's on the way out.

IF SO, pretty shiiity that some are acting like... Oh yeah, I knew he wasn't a 4*!!!

Yeah so what chumps... either were the $100M Martins.

Comment

• Watch him go become an all-Big Ten OG at Rutgers. 4 star on every service, 36 offers including some of the best in the country and heís not a factor??? I mean maybe heís not a .9200 or whatever he was but itís not like heís a 2* recruit that canít play the game. Thereís not that many people getting his talent evals wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              I read that last season zeke carrell was giving the DL fits at the scout team center. imo its just a matter of time before carrell takes over at center.

Comment

• Speaking of John, what about Dirksen?

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                  Speaking of John, what about Dirksen?
                  II has been doing a countdown, of who the most impactful players will be for this year's Irish. Olmstead was ranked 86 (of 90), Dirksen came in at 63. I doubt Dirksen will play any meaningful offensive snaps this year, maybe just the field goal or punt units. I would expect him to eventually be that sixth/seventh man, but he has a shot at earning a starting guard position in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                    II has been doing a countdown, of who the most impactful players will be for this year's Irish. Olmstead was ranked 86 (of 90), Dirksen came in at 63. I doubt Dirksen will play any meaningful offensive snaps this year, maybe just the field goal or punt units. I would expect him to eventually be that sixth/seventh man, but he has a shot at earning a starting guard position in 2021.
                    Thank you!

Comment

Good call, I should've added him before as being part of the equation. I remember reading he looked pretty good last Fall Camp. As of now it looks like we'll need to replace 1 OG and 2 OT's for the 2021 season. Lugg will undoubtedly take one of those spots and the other two will be up for grabs

Comment

• I see that one list has Lugg backing up Banks. Makes more than good sense to me. Big Aaron might well be great but he is not great yet, and the other four starters are locks. The Giant Lugg is the exact guy to push Banks to see who's who at LG.

Now if the coaches are happy with that, it could mean Lugg for Kraemer the year following --- his size sure fits. That would mean that we'd need two new (non-Lugg) tackles. But if Correll is that good inside --- where does HE go?

... and then there's our "second string" that anyone would want as their first string ... and then there's our "third string " etc.

"Monsters, John; Monsters from the Id" ... Forbidden Planet

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

We recruit a lot of 4* lineman. Some of them gotta sit on the bench.
                            The Mighty Ball State DL says hello. They have finally stopped quaking in their boots at the mention of NDs famed line

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                              I see that one list has Lugg backing up Banks. Makes more than good sense to me. Big Aaron might well be great but he is not great yet, and the other four starters are locks. The Giant Lugg is the exact guy to push Banks to see who's who at LG.

Now if the coaches are happy with that, it could mean Lugg for Kraemer the year following --- his size sure fits. That would mean that we'd need two new (non-Lugg) tackles. But if Correll is that good inside --- where does HE go?

... and then there's our "second string" that anyone would want as their first string ... and then there's our "third string " etc.

"Monsters, John; Monsters from the Id" ... Forbidden Planet
                              I don't think it's stated enough how huge the foot injury Banks suffered in July was. Reality is that Banks was going to be an All-American level guard prior to that injury and that absolutely sapped what was his biggest strength, his power.

It didn't matter that he was able to play, because nobody is going to heal completely from a broken foot in the span of a few months.
                              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame OL John Olmstead has entered his name into the Transfer Portal. <a href="https://t.co/dpEx1e9u0Z">https://t.co/dpEx1e9u0Z</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1296134700055105537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• When he was a recruit I had extremely high hopes for him at guard. But, apparently he has been struggling ever since arriving. i wish him the best of luck though.

Comment

• Depth chart transfer puts us at 85 including Grunhard
                                    Last edited by stpeteirish; 08-19-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X