No announcement yet.

'19 MI DT Mazi Smith (Michigan Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Trieu with a CB to Michigan. At least I'm 99% sure it's for Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
      Allen Trieu with a CB to Michigan. At least I'm 99% sure it's for Michigan.
      it was
      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
        ND CB from Sean Scherer...MSU Insider.
        And now he just switched it to Michigan.

Comment

Watch us miss out on Smith Briggs and Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
            Watch us miss out on Smith Briggs and Johnson
            Why would you expect anything more? Happens every year.
            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

We only need one more. Rodas Johnson, Mazi Smith, or Jowon Briggs. I don't care who it is. Just get one!

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                We only need one more. Rodas Johnson, Mazi Smith, or Jowon Briggs. I don't care who it is. Just get one!
                If Josh Harris from NC wants in, I say good luck to Rodas, Mazi, and Jowon

Comment

I thought we lead for mazi? What happened? Maybe they want to go with Briggs or johnson instead.

Comment

Wiltfong flips to Michigan. Wtf is going on?

Comment

Well, schit.

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the weight program of each university would be an important factor.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was at michigan saturday‼️ New weight room and weight staff goes craaaazy‼️ had a great time with <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachGMattison?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachGMattiso n</a> <a href="https://t.co/Jmx7BimflZ">pic.twitter.com/Jmx7BimflZ</a></p>&mdash; Mazi (@mazismith) <a href="https://twitter.com/mazismith/status/960534225568063490?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
                        <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Found it
                          https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-...eekend-brewing

Smith was on campus last month for Michigan basketball’s last home game against Ohio State. There, he got the chance to see the new weight room and even meet new strength coach Ben Herbert.

This is a big factor to Smith, as he has strong opinions about strength and conditioning programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
                            Let's just get them DTs committed/signed before we worry about the "embarrassment of riches"
                            Prophetic.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

ND already has two DT’s committed, they had two sign with the last class, and three sign with the class before that.

Perhaps the staff thinks we’re good on DT’s right now? I’d imagine they would have pushed for one of the three guys they really liked after the Spears commitment if they felt a 3rd DT was necessary.

Comment

They are pushing for Rodas Johnson, Mazi Smith, and Jowon Briggs. The staff definitely wants 3 DT’s cause MDT is probably gone after this year along with Tillery and Bonner. At this point though, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State (the other contenders for the 3 prospects above) can all sell the recruits on being their DT recruit numero uno and their guy which might entice them now that ND has two committed. Also there’s the fact that those 3 schools have really really good recruiting. That’s why we just need to be okay with hopefully landing one of them. My guess is one or more will visit this spring again and we should have an answer soon enough.

Comment

As long as we get one of the three I am good but if we know we losing one we need to jump on plan b. Also why hasn't he heard of Matt balis? Didn't he see what happened last year? Also I hate losing to michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                    As long as we get one of the three I am good but if we know we losing one we need to jump on plan b. Also why hasn't he heard of Matt balis? Didn't he see what happened last year? Also I hate losing to michigan.
                                    Fuck Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                      If Josh Harris from NC wants in, I say good luck to Rodas, Mazi, and Jowon
                                      I'm with this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                        I'm with this guy.
                                        I'm sure Harris is a good ballplayer, but when a Top 10 DT from our own backyard wants to come to Notre Dame, I think we should close the damn deal, no matter how good Michigan's strength program (?) might be.

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                                          I'm sure Harris is a good ballplayer, but when a Top 10 DT from our own backyard wants to come to Notre Dame, I think we should close the damn deal, no matter how good Michigan's strength program (?) might be.
                                          Agreed. Although if we can pull Briggs or Rodas from Urban I'll be happy about that too.

Comment

If the kid is picking his college based on a fancy weight room, good luck to him.

Comment

in fairness he did say previously his favourite thing about ND was the food which he called "wet". I am surprized he is being swayed by the weight room bling.
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                in fairness he did say previously his favourite thing about ND was the food which he called "wet". I am surprized he is being swayed by the weight room bling.
                                                Did he really say that? Surprised he was an ND lean to begin with. I know Elston has been putting in work with him for a while.

Comment

Gus Ramos with the CB to Michigan. Jowon Briggs come on down.

Comment

See if Ace Anbender changes his from ND to MICH...MGoblog editor.
                                                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Remember when we were going to land everybody? This is how it plays out every year.
                                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                        Remember when we were going to land everybody? This is how it plays out every year.
                                                        We have two of our top of the board DT's already committed. One being a HUGE want from Clemson, that we out recruited for him. Not sure how we could possibly feel salty about not getting a 3rd.

Comment

I remember, I think it was 2 recruiting cycles ago, that ND was going to get a bunch of great recruits then all of a sudden they commit to Ohio State. I think it was 2 years ago because I think JK Dobbins was one of them.

Not that it was a guarantee that they would commit to ND but ND was feeling really good only to see them come off the board one after another.

...that was fun.

Comment

I remember, I think it was 2 recruiting cycles ago, that ND was going to get a bunch of great recruits then all of a sudden they commit to Ohio State. I think it was 2 years ago because I think JK Dobbins was one of them.

Not that it was a guarantee that they would commit to ND but ND was feeling really good only to see them come off the board one after another.

...that was fun.
                                                            that was only for like 1 month...i mean he committed to osu w/out even visiting them.
                                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                              Did he really say that? Surprised he was an ND lean to begin with. I know Elston has been putting in work with him for a while.
                                                              yeah dave mckinney on BGI references it every time he mentions Mazi lol
                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

This a huuuuuuuge year for Harbaugh. I would guess the bare minimum expectation is 10 wins. Anything below that & every coach in America should be negatively recruiting that Harbaugh is on the hot seat.

Comment

Sinclair CB to Michigan. That's bad. Sinclair doesn't CB unless he is sure. Dammit

Comment

I appreciate what you are trying to say, but I would consider Grand Rapids, Michigan's backyard not Notre Dame's.

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                      I appreciate what you are trying to say, but I would consider Grand Rapids, Michigan's backyard not Notre Dame's.
                                                                      Notre Dame is like an hour and 40 minutes from ND's campus. Ann Arbor is a good 2.5 hours and sometimes 3. I would say that GR is ND's backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
                                                                        Notre Dame is like an hour and 40 minutes from ND's campus. Ann Arbor is a good 2.5 hours and sometimes 3. I would say that GR is ND's backyard.
                                                                        I read that 1st sentence like 10 times......

Comment

Ace anbender CB to Michigan. . . . Dammit. What the hell. I hate losing to Michigan. Fucking harbaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 94 View Post
                                                                            They are actually about the same distance and travel time. I get to U of M from downtown GR in 2 hours and it takes about the same to get to ND. But scUM fans outnumber ND fans about 100-1 so I would still consider it scUM’s backyard.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                              They are actually about the same distance and travel time. I get to U of M from downtown GR in 2 hours and it takes about the same to get to ND. But scUM fans outnumber ND fans about 100-1 so I would still consider it scUM’s backyard.
                                                                              Whatever. My point was that we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on kids from North Carolina because we can’t close the deal on a kid from Western Michigan.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                in fairness he did say previously his favourite thing about ND was the food which he called "wet".
                                                                                What does that even mean?

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  What does that even mean?
                                                                                  had to look it up myself... means good/excellent, among other possibilities..

What does wet mean? wet Definition. Meaning of wet. OnlineSlangDictionary.com
                                                                                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    From the GR area and to be honest I was hoping this would fade. Not to say he can’t be solid, but if you follow the history of GR football recruits in the past 20 years they’re pretty garbage lol. Yes there are a select few who have done very well, but in most cases they are insanely overrated or are ranked very low for a reason. I feel like GR products rarely ever pan out. I watched them play vs my hometown Rockford and I really didnt notice him making a huge differnece out there. This is vs some 240 pound OL as well. I’d love to see some local talent at ND, but I’d be willing to bet he busts. It’s the norm with this area in my opinion.
                                                                                    Last edited by NDinMI; 03-17-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDinMI View Post
                                                                                      From the GR area and to be honest I was hoping this would fade. Not to say he can’t be solid, but if you follow the history of GR football recruits in the past 20 years they’re pretty garbage lol. Yes there are a select few who have done very well, but in most cases they are insanely overrated or are ranked very low for a reason. I feel like GR products rarely ever pan out. I watched them play vs my hometown Rockford and I really didnt notice him making a huge differnece out there. This is vs some 240 pound OL as well. I’d love to see some local talent at ND, but I’d be willing to bet he busts. It’s the norm with this area in my opinion.
                                                                                      I'll take it. And I'll take Briggs and rodas

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Another CB for Michigan. Is this one dead and gone?

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          he visited PSU recently, think its a two horse race between them and SCUM
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Another CB for Michigan. Is this one dead and gone?
                                                                                            I think this one lost steam when the staff decided to stay in contact with Rodas Johnson instead.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              ND is no longer recruiting Mazi according to multiple sources.

Had a quick discussion with a mod on ISD last night that confirmed it again.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                I think this one lost steam when the staff decided to stay in contact with Rodas Johnson instead.
                                                                                                It does seem that way. However, last night with the Nana news, I was wondering if we'd even take Rodas Johnson at this point. With Cross now on board, he essentially fits the bill of swing DL that could play both SDE and 3T, so do we want another guy like that in Johnson. Ideally, I think we'd want to get a couple pure DE's. I'd rather see the staff go with a grouping of (3-4) Ojabo, DiCosmo, Nana, Ellison, Etinosa Rebuen, Isaac Townsend, MJ Anderson, Ty Robinson, etc.

Now, whether that is realistic or not, I can't say for certain. But, if we get Nana, this month, I'd be patient with that group first. JMO.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X