Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 VA ATH Litchfield Ajavon (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
    God I'm right on the money and ahead of the game again. How do I do it.
    Weren't you the one thinking we would lose by double digits at home to Meat chicken this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEIIrish View Post
      Weren't you the one thinking we would lose by double digits at home to Meat chicken this year?
      I thought we would lose, not by double digits. You can check the prediction thread.

And what does that have to do with looking at one player's film?

Comment

Koon your tweet last night was "I've never seen Serge Ibaka hit a jumper but he keeps chucking it" Serg is one of the best shooting big men in the league and has a beautiful mid range game. So once again you just make shit up without being right. Man shoots 36% from three in his career. Not bad for a guy who entered the league and couldn't hit a jump shot. So i don't even know what you are talking about with Avjaon hear but I doubt it's right on the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
          Koon your tweet last night was "I've never seen Serge Ibaka hit a jumper but he keeps chucking it" Serg is one of the best shooting big men in the league and has a beautiful mid range game. So once again you just make shit up without being right. Man shoots 36% from three in his career. Not bad for a guy who entered the league and couldn't hit a jump shot. So i don't even know what you are talking about with Avjaon hear but I doubt it's right on the money.
          Serbe Ibaka is a poor shooter. He's actually not terrible, he just takes way more than his skill level should allow him. He should take 1-2 a game. Instead he chucks.

Watch him in the playoffs when teams are actually trying, it's brick after brick. You defending Ibaka as a jump shooter is the first time in all of your posts where I truly believe you don't know sports. You're better than that.

Comment

I thought we would lose, not by double digits. You can check the prediction thread.

And what does that have to do with looking at one player's film?
            You thought Shea Patterson was a god.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEIIrish View Post
              You thought Shea Patterson was a god.
              Shea Patterson is a good QB. He's good enough to beat us this year.

What are you trying to do here? You're way off topic and stretching to compare apples to Brazilian nuts.

Is this a good use of your time?

Comment

Shea Patterson is a good QB. He's good enough to beat us this year.

What are you trying to do here? You're way off topic and stretching to compare apples to Brazilian nuts.

Is this a good use of your time?
                Im saying that your judgement and evaluation of players is not some god like gift. All one has to do is search and can see you're wrong just as much as you're right. You came into this thread patting yourself on the back like you are an expert film analyst.

Comment

Serbe Ibaka is a poor shooter. He's actually not terrible, he just takes way more than his skill level should allow him. He should take 1-2 a game. Instead he chucks.

Watch him in the playoffs when teams are actually trying, it's brick after brick. You defending Ibaka as a jump shooter is the first time in all of your posts where I truly believe you don't know sports. You're better than that.
                  Koon, Serge Ibaka is a great player and a great shooter when he is utlizing his skill set properly. I do know sports, I know you know that. I know you know about the NBA but you making this post is just silly.

Comment

Koon, Serge Ibaka is a great player and a great shooter when he is utlizing his skill set properly. I do know sports, I know you know that. I know you know about the NBA but you making this post is just silly.
                    If you think he's a great player let's go our separate ways on all things NBA. He's a solid regular season role player.

Comment

If you think he's a great player let's go our separate ways on all things NBA. He's a solid regular season role player.
                      You have lost your got damn mind.

Comment

• I know I shouldn't let this thread go off the rails, but...

Koon thinks that Serge is a bad shooter?

This highlights every shit take he's ever had, regarding ND.

Comment

• Where do we predict Ajavon playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                            I know I shouldn't let this thread go off the rails, but...

Koon thinks that Serge is a bad shooter?

This highlights every shit take he's ever had, regarding ND.
                            If you understand basketball, you can look past a stat.

I've never seen an entire NBA being happy to let someone shoot. No team closes out on him on the perimeter, and they funnel the ball to him outside of the lane.

Watch the NBA playoffs this year. Pay attention to how they (don't) defend him. Its honestly not that hard to notice.

You will learn.

Comment

If you understand basketball, you can look past a stat.

I've never seen an entire NBA being happy to let someone shoot. No team closes out on him on the perimeter, and they funnel the ball to him outside of the lane.

Watch the NBA playoffs this year. Pay attention to how they (don't) defend him. Its honestly not that hard to notice.

You will learn.
                              Not participating in your sadness.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortynd01 View Post
                                Where do we predict Ajavon playing?
                                Somewhere in Virginia after he transfers out.

#hottake

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                  Somewhere in Virginia after he transfers out.

#hottake

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
                                  If serious, I don't think that's necessary. Poor form.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                    Not participating in your sadness.
                                    It's honestly comical at this point. He also said Klay wasn't that good of a shooter in a tweet from last years playoffs. Also doesn't think Klay is that good. Because it's totally normal for someone to score 51 points and take four dribbles.

Comment

It's honestly comical at this point. He also said Klay wasn't that good of a shooter in a tweet from last years playoffs. Also doesn't think Klay is that good. Because it's totally normal for someone to score 51 points and take four dribbles.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

Like everything, you have to keep up to understand.

Klay is an all time shooter. Your statement is fake news.

What I actually said was that he didnt have a rhythm to the offense, and hed just choose time to shoot rather than wait for an open look. He doesn't do it as much now, but it used to be like something would go off in his head "alright, I haven't shot in 4 minutes, I'm forcing this one even if I'm covered and its early in the shotclock".

Klay is one of the best shooters of all time. And arguably has the nicest shot ever (although I'd go ray allen).

You've reached your fake news quota for the day.

Comment

Like everything, you have to keep up to understand.

Klay is an all time shooter. Your statement is fake news.

What I actually said was that he didnt have a rhythm to the offense, and hed just choose time to shoot rather than wait for an open look. He doesn't do it as much now, but it used to be like something would go off in his head "alright, I haven't shot in 4 minutes, I'm forcing this one even if I'm covered and its early in the shotclock".

Klay is one of the best shooters of all time. And arguably has the nicest shot ever (although I'd go ray allen).

You've reached your fake news quota for the day.
                                            No, what you said is what I stated above. I love Klay Thompson and would never forget something saying something so ridiculous

Comment

Toronto, with Serge Ibaka, apparently.

Nah, Litchfield’s a strong safety, right? Run thumper who can cover too.
                                              Last edited by stlnd01; 02-01-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I don't know how do it. Can you tell me the story about Jack Kiser again......

Comment

Ajavon's biggest issue is.....will he ever bust into the starting line up. He has so many quality safeties to compete with, his only playing time until he is a RS senior is special teams. Or he goes ballistic and beats everyone out for the SS spot.

Comment

Haha! Maybe by waiting until after his numbers were posted and the services started dropping him . . .

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                    I was expecting better #'s but he got in under the 4.65 cut off so good enough.

6-0.5/188

40 = 4.65
                                                    Sht = 4.39
                                                    PB = 32'
                                                    Vrt = 33.7"

Total = 86.34
                                                    Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                    I know the dude didn’t post amazing test numbers but he just went from a 92 on 247 to an 87?? That’s criminal! I think a scorned Michigan fan got in there
                                                    Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                    Yeah. Wow. Dropped all the way to the 535th player. Not sure I’ve seen that massive a drop quite like that
                                                    Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                    The ratings drop is terrible. Wtf
                                                    Originally posted by koonja View Post
                                                    Are those schools that offered still recruiting him though?

I just watched his film for the first time. I'd give him a 3 star rating. I dont see a tangy athlete that can cover the field, I see a hard hitter but average speed for D1. Not great size either.

Based on their film, I would have personally graded Studstill higher if they were in same year. I dont think he's a non factor, and I think he'll play at ND, but he's definitely not a can't miss IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopdog View Post
                                                      I don't know how do it. Can you tell me the story about Jack Kiser again......
                                                      Talk to me in 4 years.

Comment

• ^^^^^Lol.

We also might want to wait until after his collegiate career is over before we sign off on being right about his talent level.

Comment

• At this point Koon, you're giving yourself a pat on the back for what? That you agree with 247 on their rating of Ajavon. I guess we all need positive reinforcement from time to time but I'd think you'd shoot a little higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                            At this point Koon, you're giving yourself a pat on the back for what? That you agree with 247 on their rating of Ajavon. I guess we all need positive reinforcement from time to time but I'd think you'd shoot a little higher.
                                                            The only thing he needs to reinforce him, is himself... Luckily, he and his hand have a great relationship with one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                              At this point Koon, you're giving yourself a pat on the back for what? That you agree with 247 on their rating of Ajavon. I guess we all need positive reinforcement from time to time but I'd think you'd shoot a little higher.
                                                              Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                              The only thing he needs to reinforce him, is himself... Luckily, he and his hand have a great relationship with one another.
                                                              You guys are looking at this wrong. You should feel blessed that I'm always a step ahead, and that I take the time to offer you these insights.

Not slighted that I always end up being right. Glass half full.

Comment

You guys are looking at this wrong. You should feel blessed that I'm always a step ahead, and that I take the time to offer you these insights.

Not slighted that I always end up being right. Glass half full.
                                                                Koon,

Take it from a Unanimous First Team All-American Backpatter, Drop the facts then drop the mic.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Litchfield Ajavon is 247Sports&#39; No. 746 overall player. He&#39;s at No. 106 overall on Rivals. Why is there such a big gap? I talked with <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/RivalsFriedman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RivalsFriedma n</a> to get their thoughts on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> safety signee. <a href="https://t.co/VuLjYdPhlc">https://t.co/VuLjYdPhlc</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1093661776988782592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Litchfield Ajavon is 247Sports' No. 746 overall player. He's at No. 106 overall on Rivals. Why is there such a big gap? I talked with <a href="https://twitter.com/SWiltfong247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SWiltfong247</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/RivalsFriedman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RivalsFriedma n</a> to get their thoughts on the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> safety signee. <a href="https://t.co/VuLjYdPhlc">https://t.co/VuLjYdPhlc</a></p>&mdash; Carter Karels (@CarterKarels) <a href="https://twitter.com/CarterKarels/status/1093661776988782592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
                                                                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...well...were waiting.
                                                                    "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                                                                      ...well...were waiting.
                                                                      it's a freebie article

https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting...f8fc2f68b.html
                                                                      The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• I wonder if 247 demoted him because they dont believe he is 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                                                          His physicality and energy in the secondary is something that you dont see a ton out of Notre Dame commits, said Adam Friedman, Rivals Mid-Atlantic analyst. A lot of times, Notre Dame commits, especially the skill players, are not as outspoken or aggressive. But Litchfield is loud on the field. When Im sitting at his games, and Im up top in the press box filming it, I could hear him yelling at his teammates and telling them what to do.

You could see him looking for big hits coming downhill, streaming across the field to make a big hit on a receiver that might not be looking directly at him. Litchfield brings an edge to the secondary at Notre Dame that I dont think theyve had in a little while.
                                                                          Friedman talking code.

What's "a little while"? 5 weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                            Friedman talking code.

What's "a little while"? 5 weeks?
                                                                            Haha.
                                                                            Yeah, I mean Gilman and Love like to just politely negotiate an opponent to the ground.

Comment

• Kind of a forgotten man with regards to the S position previously but was mentioned by Kelly as someone standing out in early bowl practices. Mainly due to his 1 on 1 work which is a big deal, IMO. Those are usually just talent reps. speed, quickness, physicality, etc.

Comment

• For as much as he looked in his thirties from the neck up since he was in high school, he came in looking skinny. Hopefully he got his body right this year and can contribute soon.

Comment

• ISD is reporting that his mother passed away.

He moved to the United States a little more than a decade ago and hasn't seen his mother since from what I understand. Obviously tough news and someone we should keep in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                                    ISD is reporting that his mother passed away.

He moved to the United States a little more than a decade ago and hasn't seen his mother since from what I understand. Obviously tough news and someone we should keep in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                    Prayers.
                                                                                    I was smarter when I drank...
                                                                                    I'm always wrong. I'll correct myself If proven so.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                    X