'19 TN SDE Joseph Anderson (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
    Makes sense why they've offered every HS d-linemen that can walk within the last 2 weeks. No one should be surprised though as this is what happens every year; they are the king of leading for kids and then just shitting the bed. No sure why Robbins out of Indy doesn't have an offer yet.
    Huh? On average, we recruit better than a majority (not all but most) of teams on our schedule, year in and year out.

I guess I didn't think we had to rehash this all the time but Phil J, Jayson A, Derrick Allen, Houston Griffith, Lamb, Bauer, Boykin, DJ Brown, and Kevin Austin (I could keep going but you get the point). Were all wanted by big time programs at one point or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
      They've actually offered 27 "DE's" so far this cycle. In fact, they've offered more DE's in the 19' class already, than they did with the 18' class, which was 26. These numbers per a Sinclair article.
      Numbers today don't count in what I'm talking about. I'm saying get in early like they did with Anderson who got his offer a year ago.

DE's offered during their Jr season or before were:

J Anderson
      Hinton
      Karlaftis
      Stripling
      Thibodeaux
      Harrison
      Bargy

ND needs to get after guaranteed 4*+ fits during their Soph season or camp season after soph year at the latest. Get them visiting earlier, build relationships earlier.

2020 offers:

ND = 31
      Miami = 49
      OSU = 53
      FSU = 58
      Bama = 68
      Mich = 90
      UGA = 98

Don't get out worked. And don't worry about hurdles, ND loses guys all the time because of hurdles. J Anderson was a great early offer, it didn't work out but many others would have.

Giving UGA, Bama and OSU a year head start is not wise.

Comment

Huh? On average, we recruit better than a majority (not all but most) of teams on our schedule, year in and year out.

I guess I didn't think we had to rehash this all the time but Phil J, Jayson A, Derrick Allen, Houston Griffith, Lamb, Bauer, Boykin, DJ Brown, and Kevin Austin (I could keep going but you get the point). Were all wanted by big time programs at one point or another.
        I'm not saying we don't land highly coveted guys, but we lose out on them more often than not. The staff seemed to have everything figured out for the class and primed for a monster class, but kids are slowly flaking out one by one.

Comment

I'm not saying we don't land highly coveted guys, but we lose out on them more often than not. The staff seemed to have everything figured out for the class and primed for a monster class, but kids are slowly flaking out one by one.
          You've been following this too long for this response. Most programs offer 4 to 5 times the amount of prospects that they eventually sign. So, basically every program loses more than they win, by A LOT.

There might be 3 or 4 programs that actually sign as much as 50% of the committable offers they send out. And that's probably pushing it.

Comment

You've been following this too long for this response. Most programs offer 4 to 5 times the amount of prospects that they eventually sign. So, basically every program loses more than they win, by A LOT.

There might be 3 or 4 programs that actually sign as much as 50% of the committable offers they send out. And that's probably pushing it.
            I'm talking about guys we SHOULD NOT lose out on. I realize that its impossible to land every kid that you offer.

I'm not trying to say that the sky is falling. You and I both know that recruiting is a fun hobby but it can be annoying sometimes. You said it earlier about how people were getting antsy with DB recruiting last cycle, but it turned out to be a really good haul.

I know that, in the end, the staff will fill out the 2019 class with good players and players who WANT to play for Notre Dame. But when you realize how close Notre Dame is to getting over that hump and into the playoffs, losing guys like NaNa and Joseph are tough to swallow because we know that they are guys that could get us over that hump.

Its all good though. I'm confident we will get players who will play winning football in South Bend.

Comment

I'm talking about guys we SHOULD NOT lose out on. I realize that its impossible to land every kid that you offer.

I'm not trying to say that the sky is falling. You and I both know that recruiting is a fun hobby but it can be annoying sometimes. You said it earlier about how people were getting antsy with DB recruiting last cycle, but it turned out to be a really good haul.

I know that, in the end, the staff will fill out the 2019 class with good players and players who WANT to play for Notre Dame. But when you realize how close Notre Dame is to getting over that hump and into the playoffs, losing guys like NaNa and Joseph are tough to swallow because we know that they are guys that could get us over that hump.

Its all good though. I'm confident we will get players who will play winning football in South Bend.
              What makes NaNa and Joseph guys that the staff SHOULD NOT miss on though? The fact that ND lead at one point? That means nothing when one kid is getting reeled in by the home state school, and when the other obviously has some roadblocks that the staff can't do anything about.

There are very few sure-things in recruiting, and the two you references aren't ones to get all worked up over in terms of the staff and how they recruit. If they let a bunch of top-dogs slip away for lack of effort? That's a good time to be pissed. But that's not what's happening with the DE's right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                What makes NaNa and Joseph guys that the staff SHOULD NOT miss on though? The fact that ND lead at one point? That means nothing when one kid is getting reeled in by the home state school, and when the other obviously has some roadblocks that the staff can't do anything about.

There are very few sure-things in recruiting, and the two you references aren't ones to get all worked up over in terms of the staff and how they recruit. If they let a bunch of top-dogs slip away for lack of effort? That's a good time to be pissed. But that's not what's happening with the DE's right now.
                Losing out on Nana is more understandable than losing Anderson, IMO. Nana going to a school that is close to home and they have a good coach, I get it.

We had reportedly been leading for Anderson for a long time. If he would've gone to Tennessee, I would've been understanding. Instead, he is probably going to South Carolina.

Comment

Precisely, this is nothing more than an exercise that ND nation does every single year. Certain prospects become guys ND SHOULD NOT miss on and it's all down hill after that.

When in reality, we should all go into every single cycle realizing that we won't land ALL of the guys we SHOULD land. Then we'll probably land some guys we shouldn't.

Sinclair had a great article up on 247 recently and basically now is not time for dramatic assertions about ND recruiting, one way or another.

Last year at this time. Lamb, Boykin, Tremble, Bracy, and Patterson didn't even have offers. Houston Griffith wanted OSU, Kevin Austin was certainly not a sure thing, Ademilola's were flirting with OSU and Bama, and Keys seemed LSU or south bound.

Comment

Losing out on Nana is more understandable than losing Anderson, IMO. Nana going to a school that is close to home and they have a good coach, I get it.

We had reportedly been leading for Anderson for a long time. If he would've gone to Tennessee, I would've been understanding. Instead, he is probably going to South Carolina.
                    Dude, you are clearly not paying attention. This is academics related. What else do you want the staff to do. He's clearly not putting in the work that they expected him to.

Comment

But if he was lost over some aspect of academic hurdles, that's most understandable situation of all.

Comment

Dude, you are clearly not paying attention. This is academics related. What else do you want the staff to do. He's clearly not putting in the work that they expected him to.
                        Is it public knowledge that this is a lazy issue vs. say a test score issue?

Hate to say a guy's not getting in because he's not doing the work to qualify vs he's not able to qualify.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                          Is it public knowledge that this is a lazy issue vs. say a test score issue?

Hate to say a guy's not getting in because he's not doing the work to qualify vs he's not able to qualify.
                          I don't know the answer to that. The way it was worded had me thinking grades/course requirements, because he's got a quite awhile for ACT/SAT scores to matter.

Comment

• Good call. Plus if we take him and he can't keep his books in order he will drop anyway.

Comment

• Wiltfong, Sinclair and a S. Caro analyst all with non-ND CB's.

Nail in coffin. Light a candle at the Grotto.

Heading over to the Zeke Correll thread, that's where IE keeps the good news.

Comment

Not really a part of all this recruiting sucks talk but i will say we have spent some serious resources on some of these guys, and to me that makes it important to land them. Those resources could have been spent elsewhere (not that I'm saying i know where) that may have yielded a better end result. It's a quasi hypothetical but still also true to a degree.
                                Prehistoric

Comment

With Nana, he's from a devout Catholic family, goes to a Catholic school, has visited on his own dime and plays at a position of need for ND. He and his family were also quite vocal about loving ND. The fit was certainly there.

Maybe "SHOULD NOT" is a bit extreme, but if ND is going to land a higher rated kid from Texas, this is likely the guy. And it's not like Texas set the world on fire last year, and weren't even really a major factor prior to his visit. A&M was the primary competition.

Anderson isn't a miss. At the end of the day, grades are his responsibility and if he's not making it, then it's on him.

Overall, I get the frustration. Nana seemed like a slam dunk at a position where we don't generally do well at, and now it seems like he's trending away, and I don't see names of his caliber on the board. I know that their rankings only mean so much, but ND needs to start landing more guys like NaNa.
                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Oh what could've been

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">DL <a href="https://twitter.com/BirdAnderson_18?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BirdAnderson _18</a> of Siegel High School is headed to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheOpening?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheO pening</a> Finals.<br><br>Congratulations, see you in Texas. <a href="https://t.co/LP65FdRPG3">pic.twitter.com/LP65FdRPG3</a></p>&mdash; The Opening (@TheOpening) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheOpening/status/988904382988148736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
                                    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Joseph Anderson and Zacch Pickens to South Carolina. Amazing haul at DE for South Carolina.

Comment

• A real shame here. Wish there was something he/we could do to make this happen.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                          A real shame here. Wish there was something he/we could do to make this happen.
                                          Don't think its any fault of ND's. Just unfortunately the dude couldn't meet the standards required by ND. That's not a knock on his ability or character because I don't know him and he's a fantastic talent, but there are some guys that ND just can't take.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                            "you gotta arch the back babe"
                                            2 types of girls:

Comment

• You think if he gets his books right he could flip to ND? Do they even have a need at his position anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                You think if he gets his books right he could flip to ND? Do they even have a need at his position anymore?
                                                I think they are looking for more pass rushing DEís at this point, but if he did get his books right then he should be a take because of his talent. I donít think his books were close because i donít think the staff would say no to him that early in the process if he were close to getting his books right for ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                  I think they are looking for more pass rushing DEís at this point, but if he did get his books right then he should be a take because of his talent. I donít think his books were close because i donít think the staff would say no to him that early in the process if he were close to getting his books right for ND.
                                                  Yeah I only ask because Cory Bodden on Rvials is doing a recruiting podcast soon and I asked about flip candidates. Thought we may circle back but that seems unlikely. Grasping at straws . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                    Yeah I only ask because Cory Bodden on Rvials is doing a recruiting podcast soon and I asked about flip candidates. Thought we may circle back but that seems unlikely. Grasping at straws . . .
                                                    Stop grasping at straws! Don't you know more and more places are banning them!
                                                    (for further discussion of this straw man argument, please move to the Lep Lounge appropriate political thread)
                                                    Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/south-...tal-158617316/

Comment

• Gamecocks defensive end enters transfer portal

https://247sports.com/college/south-...tal-158617316/

Comment

• transferring from SCar to Purdue
                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                          Working...
                                                          X