Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    I can see where anyone could make an argument on why each of the 4 could go pro. I just have a feeling that at least one comes back.

Yeah. There is a lot of scuttlebutt that Banks is coming back for his 5th year to play tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Kraemer and banks are likely gone too.
    I can see where anyone could make an argument on why each of the 4 could go pro. I just have a feeling that at least one comes back.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Kraemer is likely gone, but Banks may very well return to play LT, because that's a position that can jettison your draft stock into the 1st.

As for the interior, even with Kraemer gone, they're still going to have 3 experienced guys in Correll, Patterson and Lugg. All of which have started on the interior.

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
    Should just have to replace the tackles, no? They're two studs and the OL simply won't be as good, but returning the C and two Gs is a pretty good starting point.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy Balki
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
    Will '21 be a better line than '18?
    I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Eichenberg is great now, but he definitely did not start out that way in '18 and some of '19. I don't think ND is going to have that much of a drop-off, if any, if Banks moves out, because Banks is just a ridiculously talented OL.

You'll also have, most likely, 3 experienced interior guys in Correll, Patterson and Lugg. Kraemer, Mustipher and Bars (or Banks after game 5), were a fine group but Kraemer lacked the experience at guard, Banks lacked the experience altogether and Mustipher was just athletically limited.

Also, probably even more importantly, is the continuity. ND went from Hiestand to Quinn and it was pretty clear from the jump that Long and Quinn didn't see eye to eye on blocking scheme and philosophy. In general, having Quinn already implemented and a good idea of what the offense is suppose to look like, rather than having to improvise 3 games into the season when you had to move from Wimbush to Book, will make things a lot easier for the transition.

Also...just flat out more talent and depth on the OL than there was in '18.

Leave a comment:

• BilboBaggins
    replied
    Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.
    Should just have to replace the tackles, no? They're two studs and the OL simply won't be as good, but returning the C and two Gs is a pretty good starting point.
    Last edited by BilboBaggins; 12-08-2020, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
    This guy is a Lugg nut
    Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
    really? you got to be Gibbon me.
    Solid work fellas.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
    This guy is a Lugg nut
    really? you got to be Gibbon me.

Leave a comment:

• T-Boone
    replied
    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
    In reality, that's your 3rd string.

The second string is technically Lugg, Lugg, Correll, Gibbons, Lugg
    This guy is a Lugg nut

Leave a comment:

• Wild Bill
    replied
    Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.
    They'll definitely take a step back losing all that experience but they'll be massive if Baker, Lugg and Quinn start, especially if Banks comes back which is doubtul. Hopefully they develop into players.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
    In '18 we had Eich (3rd yr) - Bars (5th) - Mustipher (5th) - Kraemer (3rd) - Hainsey (2nd)

In '21, assuming Banks comes back for LT, we've got Banks (5) - Patterson (4) - Correll (3) - Lugg (5) - Baker (2)

That's more time in the weight room. Couple that with Banks, Patterson, and Lugg all having significant time playing (with Correll getting about 4 starts under his belt too), and you gotta think that '21 should be at least as good as '18 and probably significantly better by the end of the year. Heck swap out Banks for Baker and put big Quinn Carroll at RT and I'm still feeling better than the '18 line.

Leave a comment:

• Irish du Nord
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied

That's a lot of Luggs

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    i'm willing to sacrifice that with Ohio St on the schedule for 22 and 23.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied

two deep then i guess.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
    that's a solid unit for a #2 with a lot of guys taking redshirts.

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    that's a solid unit for a #2 with a lot of guys taking redshirts.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
    He has a good chance to be a starter in 2021...if not 2021 then definitely 2022.
    Depending on who leaves for the NFL, we might be seeing a lot of 2019 guys become first time starters.

Leave a comment:

• Sherm Sticky
    replied
    He has a good chance to be a starter in 2021...if not 2021 then definitely 2022.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    haven't heard much about quinn carroll this year, does anyone know how he's recovering from his knee injury from last year? has he seen any game action this year?
    At RT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame LT Tosh Baker (79). Large human at 6&#39;8/300. Interested to see his development this spring. <a href="https://t.co/U4jxlWXQkH">pic.twitter.com/U4jxlWXQkH</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1336336144192032769?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    haven't heard much about quinn carroll this year, does anyone know how he's recovering from his knee injury from last year? has he seen any game action this year?
    he was totally recovered since summer and looked great apparently but i haven't noticed him on field

Leave a comment:

• IRISHMAN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    if the kid aint be looking like Tormund Giantsbane by his senior year then what are we even doing here

Leave a comment:

• Whiskeyjack
    replied
    6'6 3/8, 306 lbs. on und.com. First round measureables in the making.
    The avatar of Cúchulainn.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    6'6 3/8, 306 lbs. on und.com. First round measureables in the making.

Maybe more significant, it was posted at BGI that he has recovered very well from the injury. Those inside the Gug are very encouraged by his progress. Seems the arrow is really pointing up here.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Wonderful news. Sure hope that he can get some playing time in next year. I love his potential.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Good to hear. It’s a big 12 months for a few of the young OL.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied
    per Pete Sampson on II podcast a source told him Quinn Carroll looks great and has 100% recovered from his torn ACL

Leave a comment:

• stpeteirish
    replied
    torn ACL confirmed by BGI.

Leave a comment:

• Old Man Mike
    replied
    Hate that it was a knee injury (obviously.)

We are going to need this young stud --- not this season but his big time will come (if that knee is fully powered up.)

Just being a ridiculous Pollyanna: a year of concentrated specific areas weight training COULD turn him into a greater monster than he might "ordinarily" be physically. I had a brother for whom the injured body part became stronger than its reflection part.

.... just trying to think happy in a bad situation.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    Awful, hoping for a full recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NorthDakota
    replied
    Damnit

Leave a comment:

• Irish Man3
    replied
    Out for the year with a knee injury

Per ISD
    Last edited by Irish Man3; 08-07-2019, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• irishff1014
    replied
    Dropped 12 spots now 182

Leave a comment:

• NDVirginia19
    replied
    I have a feeling about a year from now we'll be hearing of Quinn and Zeke in the same light Kelly referred to Bars and Nelson during the Music City Bowl press conferences with Kelly. I'd love to see what we'd do to defenses with Zeke pulling right behind Quinn pushing a DT 5 yards downfield.

Leave a comment:

• OhioIrish31
    replied
    Signing Day profile update:

Trended down on 247 & ESPN. Trended way up on Rivals.

R&R's 12-19-18:
    247 Comp ...... 4* ..... #12 OT ..... #108 OA ..... .9507 rating
    247: ............... 4* ..... #18 OT ..... #170 OA ...... 92
    Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #7 OT ....... #54 OA ........ 6.0
    ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #19 OT ..... #177 OA ...... 83

Sr. Highlights
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4652353/5c0f20ffe984c20a9c92dc33' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Teabag-o-Rama!

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Signing Day profile update:

Trended down on 247 & ESPN. Trended way up on Rivals.

R&R's 12-19-18:
    247 Comp ...... 4* ..... #12 OT ..... #108 OA ..... .9507 rating
    247: ............... 4* ..... #18 OT ..... #170 OA ...... 92
    Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #7 OT ....... #54 OA ........ 6.0
    ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #19 OT ..... #177 OA ...... 83

Sr. Highlights
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4652353/5c0f20ffe984c20a9c92dc33' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Football runs in <a href="https://twitter.com/q_ocarroll?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@q_ocarroll</a>'s blood. <br><br>The big bodied offensive lineman joins us from Edina, Minnesota.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FightClub19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fig htClub19</a> <a href="https://t.co/Cc4vYGI3jC">pic.twitter.com/Cc4vYGI3jC</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1075377073940824065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SIGNED: Minnesota OL Quinn Carroll has sent his National Letter of Intent to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSD19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NSD19</a> <a href="https://t.co/UoWUaOMt2v">https://t.co/UoWUaOMt2v</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1075377314215661568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adding Quinn Carroll keeps our storied lineage going on the offense.<br><br>He&#39;s going to be a player that thrives in the trenches.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GraduatingChampions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Et fw">#GraduatingChampions</a> <a href="https://t.co/B7dswoYwsD">pic.twitter.com/B7dswoYwsD</a></p>&mdash; Brian Kelly (@CoachBrianKelly) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly/status/1075378968004575233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by arrowryan; 12-19-2018, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NDinMI
    replied
    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned from Quinn so far, it's that he isn't afraid to put lineman at positions that make zero sense. I mean, Lugg's a guard and Hainsey's a tackle? Wut?

Heistand put him at RT and Quinn just kept him there.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied
    I think he ends up at guard because (as I've spoken about in the OL thread) Caroll's kick step is very good for a guard prospect but as for a tackle prospect doesn't appear to be as fluid quick and fluid as I like at the position. Not that I think he'd be incapable of playing tackle but I think he likely works better. His physicality if off the charts and he's fairly athletic when pulling. I do think that Kristofic mirrors at an elite level, although he needs to put on 30-40 lbs before he's ready to be a starter.

With all this being said he might be my 3rd favorite OL prospect we've had in the Kelly era after Eichenberg and Big Q. I think he starts at guard pretty early in his career.

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    If there's one thing I've learned from Quinn so far, it's that he isn't afraid to put lineman at positions that make zero sense. I mean, Lugg's a guard and Hainsey's a tackle? Wut?
    Shouldn't that be keep instead of put? Didn't HH do the put'n?

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    Hainsey at tackle makes sense... he was the only guy with good enough footwork to split time with Kraemer at OT last year when it became clear that Kraemer might not have the goods to stay on the edge.

Lugg is probably in the situation that Banks was in prior to this year... massive-bodied human that is kind of floating until a spot opens. And his spot could open as soon as next year, if Hainsey moves to OC (which might depend on Zeke Correll being ready as a true freshman, which I have heard floated as a possibility, as well).

Leave a comment:

• Veritate Duce Progredi
    replied
    zero sense based on what? Measurables? What he sees in practice? I'm curious how you define where a player should be slotted.

Leave a comment:

• fightingirish26
    replied
    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
    He's a borderline 5-star OT by all of services, but looks like he could be a star at guard... perhaps we'll get lucky and have a ZMart situation on our hands.

All-pro OG potential that decides to get seasoning as an All-American OT first.

Leave a comment:

• IrishLion
    replied
    He's a borderline 5-star OT by all of services, but looks like he could be a star at guard... perhaps we'll get lucky and have a ZMart situation on our hands.

All-pro OG potential that decides to get seasoning as an All-American OT first.

Leave a comment:

• zelezo vlk
    replied
    The Quinn to Guard talk has been going on in this thread for a long while; I for one think he'd excel there.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    I think his future is at OG. It's going to be quite important to get a couple of OT's in the 20' class because I'm not sure how many we've signed the last two cycles. As of right now there are only 2 guys I think are or will play OT. Patterson and Kristofic.
    I was definitely seeing more guard in that senior film rather than tackle but we will see.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NDVirginia19
    replied
    Yep. All of the OL's are.
    Last edited by NDLightning35; 12-17-2018, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
    Needs to get better with his hands and feet but he certainly doesn't struggle with the physical side of the game.
    I think his future is at OG. It's going to be quite important to get a couple of OT's in the 20' class because I'm not sure how many we've signed the last two cycles. As of right now there are only 2 guys I think are or will play OT. Patterson and Kristofic.

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X