Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
    This guy is a Lugg nut
    really? you got to be Gibbon me.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
      This guy is a Lugg nut
      Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
      really? you got to be Gibbon me.
      Solid work fellas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.
        Should just have to replace the tackles, no? They're two studs and the OL simply won't be as good, but returning the C and two Gs is a pretty good starting point.
        Last edited by BilboBaggins; 12-08-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
          Will '21 be a better line than '18?
          I'd be surprised if they weren't.

Eichenberg is great now, but he definitely did not start out that way in '18 and some of '19. I don't think ND is going to have that much of a drop-off, if any, if Banks moves out, because Banks is just a ridiculously talented OL.

You'll also have, most likely, 3 experienced interior guys in Correll, Patterson and Lugg. Kraemer, Mustipher and Bars (or Banks after game 5), were a fine group but Kraemer lacked the experience at guard, Banks lacked the experience altogether and Mustipher was just athletically limited.

Also, probably even more importantly, is the continuity. ND went from Hiestand to Quinn and it was pretty clear from the jump that Long and Quinn didn't see eye to eye on blocking scheme and philosophy. In general, having Quinn already implemented and a good idea of what the offense is suppose to look like, rather than having to improvise 3 games into the season when you had to move from Wimbush to Book, will make things a lot easier for the transition.

Also...just flat out more talent and depth on the OL than there was in '18.
          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
            Should just have to replace the tackles, no? They're two studs and the OL simply won't be as good, but returning the C and two Gs is a pretty good starting point.
            Kraemer and banks are likely gone too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
              Kraemer is likely gone, but Banks may very well return to play LT, because that's a position that can jettison your draft stock into the 1st.

As for the interior, even with Kraemer gone, they're still going to have 3 experienced guys in Correll, Patterson and Lugg. All of which have started on the interior.
              It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
                I can see where anyone could make an argument on why each of the 4 could go pro. I just have a feeling that at least one comes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                  I can see where anyone could make an argument on why each of the 4 could go pro. I just have a feeling that at least one comes back.

Yeah. There is a lot of scuttlebutt that Banks is coming back for his 5th year to play tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X