Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'19 MN OT Quinn Carroll (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
    "Mr. Carroll said the current players on the roster reminded him and his wife of their own son.

“It’s like they’re cut out of a similar mold,” he explained. “I think Quinn just felt at home with the players, so that made us feel good.”

A reflection on the change in recruiting strategy BK made not too long ago.
    This plays a role in the recruiting discussion we've been having lately. The right kind of 4 star guys is what the staff seems to be looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Down 12 spots to #54 on Rivals. He was at #42? Dang.

* We hadn't posted in this thread in 7 months??? Double Dang.
      Is there really a difference between 42 & 54? It's all so subjective.

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
      This plays a role in the recruiting discussion we've been having lately. The right kind of 4 star guys is what the staff seems to be looking for.
      And one reason we're not seeing as much drama as we've seen in the past. Guys that do misstep aren't dropping out or transfering. They take their medicine and work to get out of the doghouse.

Comment

Is there really a difference between 42 & 54? It's all so subjective.

And one reason we're not seeing as much drama as we've seen in the past. Guys that do misstep aren't dropping out or transfering. They take their medicine and work to get out of the doghouse.
        Also, a lot less recruiting drama. 10 and 12 win seasons back to back certainly help but identifying the right targets early has as well.

Comment

Worth noting: We are just 11 months removed from our most talented WR and almost the entire RB corps being separated from the university.

But generally, I agree with you. They’ve focused a lot more on fit the last few cycles. Fewer five-stars but more kids who’ll stick with it. And that lifts up the culture of the whole program. Not so long ago, Dex, Mack, Coney and Claypool all could have been at high risk of transferring out at various times in their career. Instead they helped get to the playoffs.

Comment

• Is he an EE?

Comment

Is he an EE?
              Yep. All of the OL's are.

Comment

• Needs to get better with his hands and feet but he certainly doesn't struggle with the physical side of the game.
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                  Needs to get better with his hands and feet but he certainly doesn't struggle with the physical side of the game.
                  I think his future is at OG. It's going to be quite important to get a couple of OT's in the 20' class because I'm not sure how many we've signed the last two cycles. As of right now there are only 2 guys I think are or will play OT. Patterson and Kristofic.

Comment

Yep. All of the OL's are.
                    Last edited by NDLightning35; 12-17-2018, 05:39 PM.
                    “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                    ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                      I think his future is at OG. It's going to be quite important to get a couple of OT's in the 20' class because I'm not sure how many we've signed the last two cycles. As of right now there are only 2 guys I think are or will play OT. Patterson and Kristofic.
                      I was definitely seeing more guard in that senior film rather than tackle but we will see.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• The Quinn to Guard talk has been going on in this thread for a long while; I for one think he'd excel there.

Comment

• He's a borderline 5-star OT by all of services, but looks like he could be a star at guard... perhaps we'll get lucky and have a ZMart situation on our hands.

All-pro OG potential that decides to get seasoning as an All-American OT first.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                            He's a borderline 5-star OT by all of services, but looks like he could be a star at guard... perhaps we'll get lucky and have a ZMart situation on our hands.

All-pro OG potential that decides to get seasoning as an All-American OT first.
                            If there's one thing I've learned from Quinn so far, it's that he isn't afraid to put lineman at positions that make zero sense. I mean, Lugg's a guard and Hainsey's a tackle? Wut?

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                              If there's one thing I've learned from Quinn so far, it's that he isn't afraid to put lineman at positions that make zero sense. I mean, Lugg's a guard and Hainsey's a tackle? Wut?
                              zero sense based on what? Measurables? What he sees in practice? I'm curious how you define where a player should be slotted.

Comment

Hainsey at tackle makes sense... he was the only guy with good enough footwork to split time with Kraemer at OT last year when it became clear that Kraemer might not have the goods to stay on the edge.

Lugg is probably in the situation that Banks was in prior to this year... massive-bodied human that is kind of floating until a spot opens. And his spot could open as soon as next year, if Hainsey moves to OC (which might depend on Zeke Correll being ready as a true freshman, which I have heard floated as a possibility, as well).

Comment

Shouldn't that be keep instead of put? Didn't HH do the put'n?

Comment

• I think he ends up at guard because (as I've spoken about in the OL thread) Caroll's kick step is very good for a guard prospect but as for a tackle prospect doesn't appear to be as fluid quick and fluid as I like at the position. Not that I think he'd be incapable of playing tackle but I think he likely works better. His physicality if off the charts and he's fairly athletic when pulling. I do think that Kristofic mirrors at an elite level, although he needs to put on 30-40 lbs before he's ready to be a starter.

With all this being said he might be my 3rd favorite OL prospect we've had in the Kelly era after Eichenberg and Big Q. I think he starts at guard pretty early in his career.
                                    "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                    --Samuel L

Comment

Heistand put him at RT and Quinn just kept him there.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Football runs in <a href="https://twitter.com/q_ocarroll?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@q_ocarroll</a>'s blood. <br><br>The big bodied offensive lineman joins us from Edina, Minnesota.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a> ☘️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FightClub19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Fig htClub19</a> <a href="https://t.co/Cc4vYGI3jC">pic.twitter.com/Cc4vYGI3jC</a></p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/status/1075377073940824065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SIGNED: Minnesota OL Quinn Carroll has sent his National Letter of Intent to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSD19?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NSD19</a> <a href="https://t.co/UoWUaOMt2v">https://t.co/UoWUaOMt2v</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1075377314215661568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Adding Quinn Carroll keeps our storied lineage going on the offense.<br><br>He&#39;s going to be a player that thrives in the trenches.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GraduatingChampions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Et fw">#GraduatingChampions</a> <a href="https://t.co/B7dswoYwsD">pic.twitter.com/B7dswoYwsD</a></p>&mdash; Brian Kelly (@CoachBrianKelly) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachBrianKelly/status/1075378968004575233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                        Last edited by arrowryan; 12-19-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Signing Day profile update:

Trended down on 247 & ESPN. Trended way up on Rivals.

R&R's 12-19-18:
                                          247 Comp ...... 4* ..... #12 OT ..... #108 OA ..... .9507 rating
                                          247: ............... 4* ..... #18 OT ..... #170 OA ...... 92
                                          Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #7 OT ....... #54 OA ........ 6.0
                                          ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #19 OT ..... #177 OA ...... 83

Sr. Highlights
                                          <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4652353/5c0f20ffe984c20a9c92dc33' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Signing Day profile update:

Trended down on 247 & ESPN. Trended way up on Rivals.

R&R's 12-19-18:
                                            247 Comp ...... 4* ..... #12 OT ..... #108 OA ..... .9507 rating
                                            247: ............... 4* ..... #18 OT ..... #170 OA ...... 92
                                            Rivals: ............ 4* ..... #7 OT ....... #54 OA ........ 6.0
                                            ESPN: ............. 4* ..... #19 OT ..... #177 OA ...... 83

Sr. Highlights
                                            <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4652353/5c0f20ffe984c20a9c92dc33' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                            Teabag-o-Rama!

Comment

• I have a feeling about a year from now we'll be hearing of Quinn and Zeke in the same light Kelly referred to Bars and Nelson during the Music City Bowl press conferences with Kelly. I'd love to see what we'd do to defenses with Zeke pulling right behind Quinn pushing a DT 5 yards downfield.
                                              “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                              ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Dropped 12 spots now 182
                                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Out for the year with a knee injury

Per ISD
                                                  Last edited by Irish Man3; 08-07-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Damnit
                                                    Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Awful, hoping for a full recovery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hate that it was a knee injury (obviously.)

We are going to need this young stud --- not this season but his big time will come (if that knee is fully powered up.)

Just being a ridiculous Pollyanna: a year of concentrated specific areas weight training COULD turn him into a greater monster than he might "ordinarily" be physically. I had a brother for whom the injured body part became stronger than its reflection part.

.... just trying to think happy in a bad situation.

Comment

• torn ACL confirmed by BGI.

Comment

• per Pete Sampson on II podcast a source told him Quinn Carroll looks great and has 100% recovered from his torn ACL
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Good to hear. It’s a big 12 months for a few of the young OL.

Comment

• Wonderful news. Sure hope that he can get some playing time in next year. I love his potential.

Comment

• 6'6 3/8, 306 lbs. on und.com. First round measureables in the making.

Maybe more significant, it was posted at BGI that he has recovered very well from the injury. Those inside the Gug are very encouraged by his progress. Seems the arrow is really pointing up here.

Comment

6'6 3/8, 306 lbs. on und.com. First round measureables in the making.
                                                                    The avatar of Cúchulainn.

Comment

• if the kid aint be looking like Tormund Giantsbane by his senior year then what are we even doing here
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• haven't heard much about quinn carroll this year, does anyone know how he's recovering from his knee injury from last year? has he seen any game action this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                                          haven't heard much about quinn carroll this year, does anyone know how he's recovering from his knee injury from last year? has he seen any game action this year?
                                                                          he was totally recovered since summer and looked great apparently but i haven't noticed him on field
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• He has a good chance to be a starter in 2021...if not 2021 then definitely 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                              He has a good chance to be a starter in 2021...if not 2021 then definitely 2022.
                                                                              Depending on who leaves for the NFL, we might be seeing a lot of 2019 guys become first time starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                that's a solid unit for a #2 with a lot of guys taking redshirts.
                                                                                In reality, that's your 3rd string.

The second string is technically Lugg, Lugg, Correll, Gibbons, Lugg

Comment

two deep then i guess.
                                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.

Comment

Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.
                                                                                      i'm willing to sacrifice that with Ohio St on the schedule for 22 and 23.
                                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

That's a lot of Luggs

Comment

Depending on who stays and who goes this may change but I think it's fair to assume the OL takes a step back next year to then resume the throne in 22'. And, at that point, we'll probably have another 2-3 year run. Theoretically, we could be getting guys into spots that they'll be at for 3 years which would be great for the next QB.
                                                                                          Will '21 be a better line than '18?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                                                                            Will '21 be a better line than '18?
                                                                                            In '18 we had Eich (3rd yr) - Bars (5th) - Mustipher (5th) - Kraemer (3rd) - Hainsey (2nd)

In '21, assuming Banks comes back for LT, we've got Banks (5) - Patterson (4) - Correll (3) - Lugg (5) - Baker (2)

That's more time in the weight room. Couple that with Banks, Patterson, and Lugg all having significant time playing (with Correll getting about 4 starts under his belt too), and you gotta think that '21 should be at least as good as '18 and probably significantly better by the end of the year. Heck swap out Banks for Baker and put big Quinn Carroll at RT and I'm still feeling better than the '18 line.

Comment

They'll definitely take a step back losing all that experience but they'll be massive if Baker, Lugg and Quinn start, especially if Banks comes back which is doubtul. Hopefully they develop into players.

Comment

This guy is a Lugg nut

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X